Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts

There's no doubt that most anything associated with The Legend of Zelda series will sell immensely. However, with the release of Link's Crossbow Training. It's sure to gather a great deal of attention from the general gaming community but how about us Zelda fantatics? Honestly, I don't mind Link's Crossbow Training, I may very well pick it up just out of curiousity. However, I know many won't due to it's seemingly simplistic nature. And in that sense I do agree that it does seem more like an experiment but what about other concepts of this sort? Perhaps, Bomb Bowling (forgive me for some of these ideas), playing target practice with the boomerang, or anythign else that may better be fit as a mini-game compliation. Would you buy it then?

I think that'd be a much better idea given that all the games do have some level of Zelda charm involved that differs it from a Wii Sports or Mario Party game. I also think that experimenting with different concepts could be a good idea but if these concepts are explored I don't like the idea of having multiple games such as Link's Crossbow Training roaming around store shelves. If there was a compliation or another single game though that's similar to what Link's Crossbow Training is trying to accomplish (making the use of the Wii Zapper, using the Zelda name for sales purposes, plus it's a neat idea to play around with a crosbow in a Zelda like atmosphere), what ideas do you think would work well for Legend of Zelda?

Maybe one of my suggestions or perhaps turning Link into more of an athlete... using his shield inplace of a snowboard? :lol: Please share your ideas.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Well, as long as there aren't too many "simplistic" Zelda games like LCT, then it's fine by me, I suppose.

Maybe they could create a Mario and Link Olympics game. :P

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Full_Metal1923
Considering that the original is based on old rivals, Mario and Sonic. Perhaps a Link vs. Cloud thing would be more interesting.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DJ-Lafleur
Well, if Nintendo and Sony join up again (which I imagine won't be happening), then maybe we'll see a Link vs Cloud game.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Ugh, I could rant about this for awhile, but I think I can summarize my feelings in 1 sentence:

Nintendo, don't hoar out Zelda like you did to Mario.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

I'm fine with mini Zelda games, as long as they don't start making too many of them.

I think a Zelda music game (kinda like Mario Paint) would be sweet. :P

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Full_Metal1923

Cloud appearing alongside would fall in the hands moreso with Square Enix's not really Sony.

In regards to Mario, well he's Nintendo's mascot and to be honest the multiple genres he's entered have mostly turned out with positive results. The Olympics game with Sonic wasn't a good idea though.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DJ-Lafleur

I'm fine with mini Zelda games, as long as they don't start making too many of them.

I think a Zelda music game (kinda like Mario Paint) would be sweet. :P

NWA_31

A Zelda music game, huh...

maybe they could make Ocarina Hero. :P

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Full_Metal1923
I'd buy it :P
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NWA_31
Me too...although I was thinking more a Zelda game that lets you create your own music. Each Zelda character would play their own specific instruments. For example, Link and Saria plays the Ocarina, Sheik plays the harp, etc... Then, give players the ability to choose several iconic backgrounds from the Zelda series and let them share their music using the Wii's built-in Wi-Fi. You got yourself a hit ! :P
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 metroid_dragon
I dunno, I like it when a series stays "pure" to it's roots. Spin-off games are rarely good, and when they are the parent company will milk them for all they are worth (I'm looking at you Mario Party). I'm fine with Mario doing the spin-offs while Zelda stays true to itself.
god_yggdrasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 god_yggdrasil
Member since 2006 • 4173 Posts

Cloud appearing alongside would fall in the hands moreso with Square Enix's not really Sony.

In regards to Mario, well he's Nintendo's mascot and to be honest the multiple genres he's entered have mostly turned out with positive results. The Olympics game with Sonic wasn't a good idea though.

Full_Metal1923

i heard olympic games is a REALLY fun game. mario party on the other hand failed to amuse me back when they were at number 2...i miss the good ol' mario games...

link vs cloud i dont think match up very well...they make cloud too "godly" in FFVII titles, link would be blown away considering how "slow" link moves in his games. link really isnt slow, just more realistic and the true hero stature. cloud is just in-humane and godly speed. i think he would match up better with a vs. Sora or vs. Squall. Link...would be more...vs. Roy, or...well...i dunno who else link is in a class of his own :P i guess Tales characters, but they arent near as popular so people would think of it poorly.

zelda spin-offs are a no. well, at least for different genre spin-offs, unless they want to make an RPG Zelda game, which could be something fierce, considering how amazing they did with the Twilight Princess plot.

manhunt92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 manhunt92
Member since 2007 • 291 Posts

I think it' s enough with Link appearing on SsBb and Soul Calibur, in my opinion Ninetndo has been doing greatly with Zelda' s image. If they would start to release all kind of games, like you suggest it would become a Mario (i'm not saying mario games are bad!)for example: 8 mario Partys? for god sake. But at last, if they do it moderaly, yes, it wouln't be a bad idea
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Full_Metal1923

Mario is Nintendo's poster boy, and even though he has a lot of games in many genres the majority of them are fun and of considerably high quality. The exception is the many Mario Party titles but other than that it's been pretty good for Mario. Even though Link's growth in popularity has put him on par with Mario for that poster boy position. It'll always be Mario and I don't think Link can adapt as well to so many types o games to begin with. So really there's no fear in seeing Zelda Party 8 or anythign of the sort.

As for Cloud vs. Link, perhaps if they look to balance things out between the two? I mean, just because a character is faster doesn't mean he's better. They could make adjustments and such to even the playing field if they really wanted to.

manhunt92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 manhunt92
Member since 2007 • 291 Posts
you do have a point there
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#16 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

Well, as long as there aren't too many "simplistic" Zelda games like LCT, then it's fine by me, I suppose.

Maybe they could create a Mario and Link Olympics game. :P

DJ-Lafleur

Why? LCT was twice as good as Mario & Sonic in the olympic games, even though it wasn't as much variety in gameplay.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#17 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
Cloud vs. Link? I like the way it sounds. Imagine what abattle that would be. That could actualy happend if Cloud turned up in SSBB, but guess the chances are pretty small since he is not a character that nintendo has copyright on. I mean, they already have Sonic and Snake, but I do not think they wouldgo through the trouble of getting Cloud.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NWA_31

Cloud vs. Link? I like the way it sounds. Imagine what abattle that would be. That could actualy happend if Cloud turned up in SSBB, but guess the chances are pretty small since he is not a character that nintendo has copyright on. I mean, they already have Sonic and Snake, but I do not think they wouldgo through the trouble of getting Cloud.waZelda

Copyright has nothing to do with it. Nintendo doesn't own Snake nor Sonic and yet, here they are in SSBB. The only problem with Cloud is that none of his games were on a Nintendo console. If he appeared in Brawl, he would just end up "promoting the competitors"...

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 metroid_dragon

[QUOTE="waZelda"]Cloud vs. Link? I like the way it sounds. Imagine what abattle that would be. That could actualy happend if Cloud turned up in SSBB, but guess the chances are pretty small since he is not a character that nintendo has copyright on. I mean, they already have Sonic and Snake, but I do not think they wouldgo through the trouble of getting Cloud.NWA_31

Copyright has nothing to do with it. Nintendo doesn't own Snake nor Sonic and yet, here they are in SSBB. The only problem with Cloud is that none of his games were on a Nintendo console. If he appeared in Brawl, he would just end up "promoting the competitors"...

Yes, Nintendo specifically said that for a character to appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, that character must have appeared on a Nintendo console at some point in time, which I can respect.

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Full_Metal1923
That theory leads me to hope that Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 may one day get remade on a Nintendo platofrm. I honestly, thought that at least MGS2 would get on the GameCube following Twin Snakes but that didn't happen and obviously MGS4 isn't going to come Nintendo's way but the majority of MGS games are on another console and I think it would've been a good idea to have at least more than the Twin Snakes and first titles in the series (since MGS really hit its peak on the PS2 with MGS2 and 3). However, I'm still glad that Snake is in SSBB because he's an awesome character but at the moment they're almost "promoting the competitors" in the same way mentioned above.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 metroid_dragon

(since MGS really hit its peak on the PS2 with MGS2 and 3). Full_Metal1923

You like #2 and 3 the most? I've beaten all 3, loved them all, but I must have played the original on the PS1 a half-dozen times. Probably put more hours into it than any other PS1 game save FFVII and VIII. The first will always be the best to me.

What do you like about the sequels over the original?

lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
Any mini-game should stay with the DS but because of the Wii controle it would jump to Wii.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NWA_31

That theory leads me to hope that Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 may one day get remade on a Nintendo platofrm. I honestly, thought that at least MGS2 would get on the GameCube following Twin Snakes but that didn't happen and obviously MGS4 isn't going to come Nintendo's way but the majority of MGS games are on another console and I think it would've been a good idea to have at least more than the Twin Snakes and first titles in the series (since MGS really hit its peak on the PS2 with MGS2 and 3). However, I'm still glad that Snake is in SSBB because he's an awesome character but at the moment they're almost "promoting the competitors" in the same way mentioned above.Full_Metal1923

Hopefully, Hideo Kojima will do something if Snake is extremely popular in Brawl. Kind of like what happened with Marth in Melee and the Fire Emblem series.

You like #2 and 3 the most? I've beaten all 3, loved them all, but I must have played the original on the PS1 a half-dozen times. Probably put more hours into it than any other PS1 game save FFVII and VIII. The first will always be the best to me.

What do you like about the sequels over the original?

metroid_dragon

I personally prefer Snake Eater. They were all awesome, but 3 basically had everything the other 2 had, plus additional gameplay elements, better graphics and soundtrack and by far the best story of the series. I mean, they were all great, but Snake Eater was just so well written. The ending cutscene was especially awesome. It even made me cry, which is something no videogame, movie or book has ever achieved before. :P

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 metroid_dragon

I personally prefer Snake Eater. They were all awesome, but 3 basically had everything the other 2 had, plus additional gameplay elements, better graphics and soundtrack and by far the best story of the series. I mean, they were all great, but Snake Eater was just so well written. The ending cutscene was especially awesome. It even made me cry, which is something no videogame, movie or book has ever achieved before. :P NWA_31

Yes, I think I shed a tear in the final battle as well, the flowers everywhere, and whereupon winning the battle, the game makes YOU pull the trigger. It's not a cutscene. That was artfully done. One of the most amazing final battles ever.

I wasn't a big fan of the normal boss battles in 2 or 3. They just didn't seem to have the heart that the Boss battles in 1 had. Sniper Wolf's death was emotional, the gunshot ringing out against the alaskan tundra. Mantis' battle was epic, changing controller ports to hit him, Vulcan Raven's death was eerie but thought-provoking.

This is a great article, though it contains major spoilers to all 3 Metal Gear Solid games, so only read if you've beaten them,

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Full_Metal1923
Well I never said they were better, but I meant the popularity of the series hit its peak with those two games. Personally Snake Eater is probably my favourite right now.