metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

At any rate, I didn't really like Midna very much. She seemed to get all the attention, despite Link doing most of the fighting... Gary_Jinfield

I guess they were trying to add a new story element to the game. If they had it focus on Link as the main character again, I think it would have drawn even more parallels about how similar of a game it is to Ocarina of Time; At least with the story focusing on someone else for once, that adds a slightly new element to the series.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]At any rate, I didn't really like Midna very much. She seemed to get all the attention, despite Link doing most of the fighting... metroid_dragon

I guess they were trying to add a new story element to the game. If they had it focus on Link as the main character again, I think it would have drawn even more parallels about how similar of a game it is to Ocarina of Time; At least with the story focusing on someone else for once, that adds a slightly new element to the series.

Not necessarily a good new element to add to the series, I don't want someone else taking credit for my saving the world after all... Although I may just be an egomaniac.:P

DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 DraggoonX12
Member since 2004 • 10982 Posts
I wouldn't mind Playing As Ganondorf, I would probably like to play Oot from Ganondorf Point of view. With a Different ending or something.
DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DraggoonX12
I wouldn't mind Playing As Ganondorf, I would probably like to play Oot from Ganondorf Point of view. With a Different ending or something.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Gary_Jinfield

I wouldn't mind Playing As Ganondorf, I would probably like to play Oot from Ganondorf Point of view. With a Different ending or something.DraggoonX12

The ending would be kind of a downer though, due to the Hero of Time's victory.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 metroid_dragon

[QUOTE="DraggoonX12"]I wouldn't mind Playing As Ganondorf, I would probably like to play Oot from Ganondorf Point of view. With a Different ending or something.Gary_Jinfield

That's why he said with a different ending. :P

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="DraggoonX12"]I wouldn't mind Playing As Ganondorf, I would probably like to play Oot from Ganondorf Point of view. With a Different ending or something.metroid_dragon

Yes, it would be much better seeing Hyrule being destroyed instwead of saved and everyone living in fear instead of living happily. :P

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="DraggoonX12"]I wouldn't mind Playing As Ganondorf, I would probably like to play Oot from Ganondorf Point of view. With a Different ending or something.DJ-Lafleur

Yes, it would be much better seeing Hyrule being destroyed instwead of saved and everyone living in fear instead of living happily. :P

I must have missed that:P

Ether way it would be an interesting game, considering Ganondorf did seem quite busy in Oot, running around threatening people and taking over Hyrule.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="DraggoonX12"]I wouldn't mind Playing As Ganondorf, I would probably like to play Oot from Ganondorf Point of view. With a Different ending or something.Gary_Jinfield

Ether way it would be an interesting game, considering Ganondorf did seem quite busy in Oot, running around threatening people and taking over Hyrule.

that's what the ending would be like if there was a different ending for Oot if you could play as Ganondorf.

DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DraggoonX12
Yea I would love that, For once be the one Taking Over Hyrule *imagines OoT: Dark Hyrule Version With Ganon Laughing Maniacally*
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#61 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="DraggoonX12"]I wouldn't mind Playing As Ganondorf, I would probably like to play Oot from Ganondorf Point of view. With a Different ending or something.DJ-Lafleur

that's what the ending would be like if there was a different ending for Oot if you could play as Ganondorf.

:o You guys are like diabollically evil! How could you do such a thing to innocent people?! :o :lol:

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 metroid_dragon

We're making the world a better place in the long run :P

I wont randomly destroy Hyrule Castle Town though.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Gary_Jinfield

metroid_dragon

Why not?:P

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#64 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
Well I dont think Im sick, in fact it is great to see his evolution :P
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Gary_Jinfield

Because it saddened me when I saw it destroyed for the first time :(

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

metroid_dragon

Because it saddened me when I saw it destroyed for the first time :(

Yeah, but that was from Link's perspective, Ganon got to actually conduct the destruction. Imagine all the citizens scurrying away in fear while you stand in one place and play maniacally...:P

I wonder what type of minigames would such a game have, I can't see Ganon Bombchu bowling.:P

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

^

That could work actually, but Ganon has to bomb innocent people attached to a pole, while avoiding hitting the Triforces :lol:

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DJ-Lafleur
That would be fun, or instead of chasing down cuccoos, you have to chase down Zelda and drain her triforce piece from her. Or a mini game where instead of shooting rupees with arrows, you shoot at a defenseless Link and the six sages as they try to escape for their lives. Any of these games would be fun. :P
*Ganondorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 *Ganondorf
Member since 2003 • 999 Posts
No, I'm not getting sick of me........err....I mean him.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Gary_Jinfield

That would be fun, or instead of chasing down cuccoos, you have to chase down Zelda and drain her triforce piece from her. Or a mini game where instead of shooting rupees with arrows, you shoot at a defenseless Link and the six sages as they try to escape for their lives. Any of these games would be fun. :PDJ-Lafleur

Although you wouldn't really be able to play the minigames repeatedly, considering what would occur upon victory.:P

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]That would be fun, or instead of chasing down cuccoos, you have to chase down Zelda and drain her triforce piece from her. Or a mini game where instead of shooting rupees with arrows, you shoot at a defenseless Link and the six sages as they try to escape for their lives. Any of these games would be fun. :PGary_Jinfield

Although you wouldn't really be able to play the minigames repeatedly, considering what would occur upon victory.:P

They could just tie their corpses to poles and then have the poles move around afterwards. :)

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]That would be fun, or instead of chasing down cuccoos, you have to chase down Zelda and drain her triforce piece from her. Or a mini game where instead of shooting rupees with arrows, you shoot at a defenseless Link and the six sages as they try to escape for their lives. Any of these games would be fun. :PDJ-Lafleur

They could just tie their corpses to poles and then have the poles move around afterwards. :)

Although a bit morbid, that could work.:P

Now we are way off topic though...

UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 UNOwen802
Member since 2006 • 2935 Posts

A game based on Ganondorf (or Zelda for that matter) could only work as a spin off, since the game's focus would not be that of a traditional Zelda. A game based on Ganondorf for instance, may have a greater focus on the concept of Power and such.

I swear I have read something about this in the Legend of Zelda Union before.:P

Gary_Jinfield

I thought I made the topic here, but I guess it was somewhere else. Aw, well. It's an idea a lot of us would go for.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

A game based on Ganondorf (or Zelda for that matter) could only work as a spin off, since the game's focus would not be that of a traditional Zelda. A game based on Ganondorf for instance, may have a greater focus on the concept of Power and such.

UNOwen802

I thought I made the topic here, but I guess it was somewhere else. Aw, well. It's an idea a lot of us would go for.

The topic may have been made several times for all we know.:P

I agree that it is a rather popular idea ether way, at least in the form of discussion.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="UNOwen802"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

Gary_Jinfield

I agree that it is a rather popular idea ether way, at least in the form of discussion.

I think it's because it's probably the easiest and most acceptable (to fans) method of re-energizing the series. Fans wouldn't have to adopt many new concepts, it would be a brand new game while still feeling very much like the old ones. People seek familiarity.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="UNOwen802"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

metroid_dragon

I think it's because it's probably the easiest and most acceptable (to fans) method of re-energizing the series. Fans wouldn't have to adopt many new concepts, it would be a brand new game while still feeling very much like the old ones. People seek familiarity.

Not to mention it would essentially keep the main series intact while only being regarded as a side game of sorts. Same reason that Nintendo has all those spin offs for the Mario series.

Fans enjoy the familiarity and it sells, despite a usual lack of originality.

-MasterSword-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 -MasterSword-
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts
I am not sick of him yet.
GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
I was saying the same thing until I fought with him in TP. The horseback battle and sword to sword fight was just breathtaking. I think the next Zelda should have a new boss, but the one after it should go back to Ganondorf.
Alexis_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 Alexis_Fire
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts

He is Links nemesis and has been in almost every game. Personally I love him as a character and have thought ever since the OoT days that he looks just plain perfect for a final boss. However, that being said, the problem with Ganon(dorf) always being the final boss is that there really is no surprise. I mean how many people actually believed that he would not end up as the final boss for TP?

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#80 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
I just want a game where both link and ganandorf are going through the temples trying to obtain the triforce, so each temple you vs ganandorf... but with each one he gets stronger (he has a head start on you at the first temple being basically at the end already and at the last temple you both enter it at the same time)

So the game comprises of heaps of epic ganandorf vs link fights, with other bosses offcourse.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DJ-Lafleur

I just want a game where both link and ganandorf are going through the temples trying to obtain the triforce, so each temple you vs ganandorf... but with each one he gets stronger (he has a head start on you at the first temple being basically at the end already and at the last temple you both enter it at the same time)

So the game comprises of heaps of epic ganandorf vs link fights, with other bosses offcourse.metalisticpain

I don't know, a Link Vs Ganon fight wouldn't be as epic if there was 8 of them in one game. :|

mentalabc123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mentalabc123
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts

Yeah he's used in pretty much all of the Zelda games and maybe he doesn't have to be the end boss or something, but I don't see what's wrong with him.

Avatar image for Twilight_King85
Twilight_King85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#83 Twilight_King85
Member since 2007 • 145 Posts
i am not sick of him i do wish he was harder tho
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 metroid_dragon

[QUOTE="metalisticpain"]I just want a game where both link and ganandorf are going through the temples trying to obtain the triforce, so each temple you vs ganandorf... but with each one he gets stronger (he has a head start on you at the first temple being basically at the end already and at the last temple you both enter it at the same time)

So the game comprises of heaps of epic ganandorf vs link fights, with other bosses offcourse.DJ-Lafleur

I don't know, a Link Vs Ganon fight wouldn't be as epic if there was 8 of them in one game. :|

I tend to agree, Ganon's not the type to go out and track down objects himself. It wouldn't be normal to be racing him around.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="metalisticpain"]I just want a game where both link and ganandorf are going through the temples trying to obtain the triforce, so each temple you vs ganandorf... but with each one he gets stronger (he has a head start on you at the first temple being basically at the end already and at the last temple you both enter it at the same time)

So the game comprises of heaps of epic ganandorf vs link fights, with other bosses offcourse.metroid_dragon

I tend to agree, Ganon's not the type to go out and track down objects himself. It wouldn't be normal to be racing him around.

Well, it worked for Bowser...

UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 UNOwen802
Member since 2006 • 2935 Posts
Bowser is kind of goofy to begin with. What's the worst he's done? Moved into the caslte, tied up Princess Toadstool, and yelled at Toad? Ganodorf kills peple. Comparison shot.
Avatar image for eyebrow_man_666
eyebrow_man_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 eyebrow_man_666
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'm not.
rlink0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#88 rlink0
Member since 2005 • 66 Posts

I'd have to say I'm not entirely sick of him :D.

However, I would find it funny if they made a new Zelda called Legend of Zelda: Travelers Between Times, where all of a sudden, Samus appears out of nowhere, or no, make that Dark Samus, who deposits some phazon to save it for the future, so time repeats itself for Dark Samus, and you, Ganondorf, and Zelda have to team up to stop it... Ganondorf gets corrupted first, however, and you end up having to kill him again... that'd be like... the wackiest game ever. Not saying it's a good idea, though, just saying it'd be a funny one. Oh yeah, and Ganondorf would immeadiately become like 10 times stronger, after being corrupted, so that's stronger Ganondorf for ya! :D Anyway, mission failed because everyone ends up dieing, the planet Hyrule is on becomes Phaaze, years and years later, and Hyrule itself becomes the main part of Phaaze, where Dark Samus dwells.

I have an overactive imagination, now don't I? Anyway, great way to put a transition between LoZ and Metroid. (That is, if there is one) Again, I'm not saying Nintendo will do this, not saying everyone would like this, just saying it would be kinda funny.

mentalabc123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 mentalabc123
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts
That would be funny but I hope to god that never happens XD.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#90 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
I'm not sick of Ganondorf. Of course Iwish for some change from time to time, however I find him better than most of the new bosses. Bellum was not that good if you ask me and Vaati wasn't quite perfect either. I hope they will keep Ganondorf, at least untill they find someone better.
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#91 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
Think of it this way. If this were a Super Mario thread, then the question would be... Bowser sick of him or not?..... And undoubtedly people would say NO. Ganondorf is link's nemesis and most
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 metroid_dragon

You kind of trailed off at the end there.

"Ganondorf is link's nemesis and most"...

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DJ-Lafleur

metroid_dragon

so much suspense! :o

Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#94 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
Im not, I just wish Ganondorf was harder to beat.NWA_31
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#95 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

DJ-Lafleur

so much suspense! :o

Lol i wonder what happened there.. I was SUPOSED TO SAY that Ganondorf is link's nemesis and most Zelda fans would undoubtedly say no to removing him from the game.
Zombchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Zombchu
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
Not really, but I'd really like the Majoras Mask to come back, and maybe take over another creature.
Avatar image for Ilija_True_Game
Ilija_True_Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#97 Ilija_True_Game
Member since 2006 • 220 Posts

Considering the Zelda franchise, it's always possible for a new story line and therefore a new boss. But since Ganondorf is already there it is always possible to change him around; to make him more important, less important. They could also make Ganondorf a beast or an animal instead of a human.

I'd say keep Ganondorf because he is a cool character with many possiblities ahead of him. Hopefully he is harder and has more twists surrounding him in future Zelda games.

Zeldafan2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Zeldafan2121
Member since 2007 • 768 Posts
I could never get sick of ganon(dorf)I do admit he is pretty easy butI don't think that they are likely to kill him off. And if they do it'll only be temparary. Like in Wind Waker, I highly doubt that blow killed him for good. At any rate, he should be harder, and if he equipted himself with something else (including the Triforce of Power) THEN it'll be awesome!
PhantomPhoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#99 PhantomPhoot
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts
I personally don' care if a newer, more powerful villain emerged or if Gannypoo was Link's nemesis for all eternity. I personally would like to see Ganonodrf as a puppet for a more powerful villain. That'd be a twist worthy enough to be on of the top video game moments ever... in my opinion that is.
Fleeman6019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#100 Fleeman6019
Member since 2005 • 855 Posts
never sick of him it would be like mario without bowser it just can't happen