Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I am maybe one of the few sick of him being the final boss. What could happens is a new more powerful enemy comes along

and defeats him and takes the triforce of power for him or herself. The new villan then twist it into something more deadly.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
He is indeed getting a bit aged. But even so he's the King of Evil! It's hard to defeat someone with that title for good.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
Im not, I just wish Ganondorf was harder to beat.
Aumala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Aumala
Member since 2005 • 6678 Posts
c'mon Ganondorf look real badass, it's good for being the final boss
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
If Ganondorf were perhaps a bit more challenging, then No. Well either way No. I love Ganondorf and likely always will, he's so much better than the other attempted villians... I'm looking at you Zant (Though Vaati, you're cool).
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

I don't think Ganondorf himself is the issue, just the way he is implimented.

[spoiler] His appearance in Twilight Princess felt very tacked on and unnecessary. They could have just let Zant be the main villain, but instead they opted to tack Ganondorf into the picture while they were at it. [/spoiler]

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

As has already been stated, he is the King of Evil! How can one find someone stronger then the king, of evil?

Perhaps some sort of god or demon of evil...

I'm not sick of Ganon. He still works, even when Nintendo implements him poorly. Sure he didn't belong in Tp, but he was still awesome.:P

Demon2545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 Demon2545
Member since 2005 • 61053 Posts
Sorry but i could never get sick of him, he is just that awesome of a villian
Nintendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Nintendevil
Member since 2007 • 6598 Posts
I'm fine with him, but I would like to see him change. He needs to be more Evil.
glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
i love gannondorf, he's awesome, i can't stop liking him, he and link are my favorite characters!
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gary_Jinfield

I'm fine with him, but I would like to see him change. He needs to be more Evil.Nintendevil

Being the King of Evil, how can he be even more evil?:P

Although perhaps Nintendo should show him conducting more evil deeds in Zelda games. (Such as destroying towns and NPCs for instance)

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 glennwinton
i would like for him to kill a few main characters, like maybe a few childhood freinds or even zelda(now that would have made for a interesting ending to TP) i mean, they already got the teen rating, why not have a few deaths in there
Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 Chaos_Angel_14
Member since 2004 • 3805 Posts
nope
ganon is a pretty important part fo the zelda experience imo
Neo_Ike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Neo_Ike
Member since 2007 • 10682 Posts

If ganondolf was a more ruffles and challenging boss, people wouldn't be sick of him.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Dude, Ganon's the bomb! I'm not sick of him at all. But he could certainly be a little tougher, but oh well.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 REVOLUTIONfreak

If ganondolf was a more ruffles and challenging boss, people wouldn't be sick of him.

Neo_Ike
Ganondolf? Is that supposed to be a breed of Gandalf from LOTR + Ganon? :lol:

[QUOTE="Nintendevil"]I'm fine with him, but I would like to see him change. He needs to be more Evil.Gary_Jinfield

Being the King of Evil, how can he be even more evil?:P

Although perhaps Nintendo should show him conducting more evil deeds in Zelda games. (Such as destroying towns and NPCs for instance)

Definitely. My gripe is that even though he is seen as so evil, you never actually see him do evil things. The only Zelda game I was really instilled with fear of him with was OoT, mainly because NPC's like the guy at the ranch(and the Gorons)cowered in fear of Ganondorf, and because Hyrule Castle Town was essentially destroyed by him.
Darth-Sifh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Darth-Sifh
Member since 2005 • 2473 Posts
Im not, I just wish Ganondorf was harder to beat.NWA_31
Agreed
Avatar image for seiferdante1000
seiferdante1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 seiferdante1000
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
No, im not sick of him. He just needs more evil. Like M-rated Zelda evil! im probly the only person who wants a Zelda game w/ blood and gore.:(
glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 glennwinton
i don't care about blood, i just want him to kill someone!
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gary_Jinfield

Actually, instead of outright disposing of someone, it would actually be more evil of Ganon to torture someone, specifically a main character.

Although Ganon has not really shown indications of a true sadistic side...

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 glennwinton
well, in the boss battle in tp i would have been happier if he killed zelda instead of using her body as a puppet
Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#22 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts
His OK just as long as he doesn't show up in every game.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 REVOLUTIONfreak

Actually, instead of outright disposing of someone, it would actually be more evil of Ganon to torture someone, specifically a main character.

Gary_Jinfield

Well, he kind of did in TP....

[spoiler] When he and Midna battled at the top of the castle, and then he came back on horseback with her crown in his hands and crumbled it. Considering we didn't know if Midna was alive at that point (although I'm sure none of us doubted that she was alive), that was pretty sadistic. [/spoiler]

To_The_End99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 To_The_End99
Member since 2005 • 992 Posts

Im not hes the best villain of all time in a video game.

Darth-Sifh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Darth-Sifh
No, im not sick of him. He just needs more evil. Like M-rated Zelda evil! im probly the only person who wants a Zelda game w/ blood and gore.:(seiferdante1000
I agree with you. It dosen't have to be M rated but it couldn't hurt. Just look at TP. Now at all those seens where you kill something or Someone gets hurt, add blood. Now Wherever a wallmaster grabs you, add blood on the floor and on the Hand. And maybe add some sort of frightening creature that is like covered in blood, maybe as a boss. Some sort of ancient Evil.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts

Sorry but i could never get sick of him, he is just that awesome of a villianDemon2545

Agreed! :D Its like without him there is not Zelda game, because he is always there to try and demolish you :lol:

DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 DraggoonX12
Member since 2004 • 10982 Posts
Ganondorf is One Of the Only Bosses I could Fight over and over again Without getting Bored. I like Him and I wont get Tired of him.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 metroid_dragon

Gary_Jinfield

Well, Ganondorf does have a relatively sadistic side to him. He destroyed Hyrule Castle town for no good reason, he wants to conquer Hyrule but doesn't want to rule it. (You can tell since Hyrule is always in disrepair when he comes to power, just look at the Dark World from LttP or 7 years in the future in OoT).

He isn't a tragic hero or a misunderstood villian by a longshot, he is chaotic-evil. (Yay, for Dn'D terminology)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaotic_evil#Chaotic_Evil

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#29 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
It wouldn't be a Zelda game without Ganondorf. Vaati is the enemy in some games but Ganondorf is ace
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gary_Jinfield
[spoiler] That was more of a moral thing though. He did it to signify his victory over Midna and to strike fear into his enemy (Link and Zelda as well as the player) and to display his superiority. I would think it would be more of an ego thing really. [/spoiler]

Sadism is more of inflicting destruction and pain just for the sake of it. Ganon was always after ultimate power and his destruction of Hyrule Castle town may have served to defeat any potential enemies that may arise. He destroyed the castle itself to provide his own castle/tower for better protection as it is a lot harder to infiltrate. A child Link was able to infiltrate Hyrule Castle and reach Zelda after all, something Ganon would have realized due to seeing Link in the courtyard.

All of Ganon's actions can be explained as attempting to gain power and protect his power. He destroys the land of Hyrule in Ocarina of Time in the hopes of conquering it all, along with his hunt for the remaining Triforce pieces. Ganon has a goal and his means seem to justify said goal leading to his evil acts. Not all evil, in fact most evil, is not a result of sadism. Although Ganon may in fact have some sadistic tendencies, there has been no or at least little evidence in the games to support this notion.

Ganon has goals and will result to all forms of evil in his quest but, does not seem to take a great deal of satisfaction in causing pain to others. Not that he is against it or regrets it, just that he frankly does not seem to care.

Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
I wish ganondorf was like sephiroth ( KH versions). Sephiroth was a challenging boss to beat but not impossible. Then again, the battle results did depend on your charecter's level. So if zelda had a level system. it would be great. Notice that the poll results are 1 to 19.... -.- Zelda fans stick to the original stuff... Ganondorf is the @$&%!
Avatar image for seiferdante1000
seiferdante1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 seiferdante1000
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

[QUOTE="seiferdante1000"]No, im not sick of him. He just needs more evil. Like M-rated Zelda evil! im probly the only person who wants a Zelda game w/ blood and gore.:(Darth-Sifh
I agree with you. It dosen't have to be M rated but it couldn't hurt. Just look at TP. Now at all those seens where you kill something or Someone gets hurt, add blood. Now Wherever a wallmaster grabs you, add blood on the floor and on the Hand. And maybe add some sort of frightening creature that is like covered in blood, maybe as a boss. Some sort of ancient Evil.

exactly, dude

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 REVOLUTIONfreak

To Gary_Jinfield: (Sorry, Gamespot's being glitchy at the moment and won't let me use the quote tags) I know this has nothing to do with what you just posted, but now that I think about it, in OoT Ganon's "new and improved" castle was just an island in the midst of lava, without a bridge (until later in the game). So, therefore, how exactly did Ganondorf get in and out of the castle? :lol: Levitation? I guess I shouldn't be considering logic though, this is a video game after all.

I think we have two words to sum up Ganondorf's character though: Evil and Psychotic. At least that's how I'd describe him if I had to write a character description. I'd like to see Nintendo make a game that shows just how everything began for Ganondorf, and how he became so evil. Perhaps a more Gerudo focused Zelda title? That would be cool. Who knows why he's as evil as he is though, maybe he was abused as a child. Or maybe he's just evil?

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 metroid_dragon

Well Ganon can fly, so bridges aren't that neccesary, and most of the things in the castle were undead (Stalfos, Redead, ect) so they really didn't need to bring much supplies into the castle either.

I think that a more Zelda-focused title might be interesting. Zelda as the main playable character, she attacks with more flowing, comboing moves as opposed to Links hack n' slash style. Maybe a higher focus on magic attacks as well. It might be interesting as a more combat-focused game.

ShanghaiHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 ShanghaiHeaven
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

Ganondorf is Link's counterpart, I believe, in many ways. Link has always been protecting Zelda's intents for the good of the land, and I think stands as the good hero, but somehow still, a neutral hero acting as a middleman for the battle between Zelda, the pure princess, and Ganondorf, the evil wanna be emperor. And Link is the only one not of some kind of royalty.

I wonder if Zelda the game, would be very very different if Link had not been so impressed by Zelda's dreams for Hyrule? Maybe it's his, in my view, attraction to her that he fights for good, what are Links incentives to fight except for upholding the good? Nintendo never really explains his motives for fighting except for the simple moral aspects of it...

Hm. That just occured to me. Probably not a new perspective.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gary_Jinfield

Link never seems to actively seek the adventures though, he always seems to get thrown into it. He never decides to go fight evil for the greater good, at least not at the start. By the time he gets some sort of choice in the matter, Link is usually too deeply involved to back out.

And yeah, Ganon can fly. He's not a very compassionate fellow, so I doubt he cares if his minions become stuck in the castle as a result.:P

Regular logic is something that cannot always be applied to the Legend of Zelda series anyways. Notice how every single building in Alttp has a door facing south.

Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
Thats the point. That Link, unknowingly, is the choosen hero of Hyrule. And he is thrust into a timeless adventure in which he must..... ( you know ). Ganon isnt sought out by link, Its like fate. They are destined to meet and to fight as intended by the goddesses.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 REVOLUTIONfreak

Well Ganon can fly, so bridges aren't that neccesary, and most of the things in the castle were undead (Stalfos, Redead, ect) so they really didn't need to bring much supplies into the castle either.

I think that a more Zelda-focused title might be interesting. Zelda as the main playable character, she attacks with more flowing, comboing moves as opposed to Links hack n' slash style. Maybe a higher focus on magic attacks as well. It might be interesting as a more combat-focused game.

metroid_dragon
Zelda as the main character? No thank you. That would ruin the series, IMO. I'm all for having a new main character at some point, or maybe even having multiple main characters, but Zelda wouldn't make for a good main character. Besides, the point in all of the Zelda games is always to save the princess, not for the princess to save the world.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

REVOLUTIONfreak

Zelda as the main character? No thank you. That would ruin the series, IMO. I'm all for having a new main character at some point, or maybe even having multiple main characters, but Zelda wouldn't make for a good main character. Besides, the point in all of the Zelda games is always to save the princess, not for the princess to save the world.

Yeah, we all know what happened last time they did that :P

However, it would be cool to play as her from time to time, kind of like Paper Mario.

Darth-Sifh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Darth-Sifh
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

REVOLUTIONfreak

They would call it the Legend of Link and Zelda would be the main character. Oh how about playing as Ganon, ok bad idea.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Darth-Sifh

They would call it the Legend of Link and Zelda would be the main character. Oh how about playing as Ganon, ok bad idea.

I think it would be cool to play as Ganondorf... I've thought about that before, and I think it could put a whole new perspective on the franchise.
DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 DraggoonX12
Member since 2004 • 10982 Posts
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Darth-Sifh

If you play as Ganondorf, How would the controls/Abilities and stuff be?

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Darth-Sifh"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

DraggoonX12

A game based on Ganondorf (or Zelda for that matter) could only work as a spin off, since the game's focus would not be that of a traditional Zelda. A game based on Ganondorf for instance, may have a greater focus on the concept of Power and such.

I swear I have read something about this in the Legend of Zelda Union before.:P

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Celsius765

A new main character would be hot! Like I was saying in a topic ways back. Link could have a partner. The partner would be sheikah from a distant land. I'm talkin all the ninja skills and tools as well as some magic.And better villains, Zant was a disappointment. It was like fighting a child throwing a tantrum

Zaphack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45 Zaphack
Member since 2007 • 1293 Posts
A little, he's been the last boss for every Zelda game! But I would hate to see him gone.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gary_Jinfield

A new main character would be hot! Like I was saying in a topic ways back. Link could have a partner. The partner would be sheikah from a distant land. I'm talkin all the ninja skills and tools as well as some magic.And better villains, Zant was a disappointment. It was like fighting a child throwing a tantrum

Celsius765

I'm not sure if Link should have any more partners, or at least to the extent of some such as Midna or someone that is even more involved, yet it would be interesting to learn more of the Sheikah. They certianly wer a mysterious race that were linked to the past wars of Hyrule. It wound be intriguing to see them in action at any rate.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Celsius765

I thought Midna was funny. She'd have been even more funny ifTingle showed up and she used her powers to humiliate and

terrify him.

MarkRamsey2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MarkRamsey2004
Member since 2004 • 1587 Posts

No i am sick of ganondorf

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="DraggoonX12"][QUOTE="Darth-Sifh"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Gary_Jinfield

A game based on Ganondorf (or Zelda for that matter) could only work as a spin off, since the game's focus would not be that of a traditional Zelda. A game based on Ganondorf for instance, may have a greater focus on the concept of Power and such.

Ya I'm pretty sure I brought up the same idea about a year ago :P

Ganondorf would also work very well, if you gave him his sword that he uses in SSBM winning poses and made him a bit more magic focused than Link.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="DraggoonX12"][QUOTE="Darth-Sifh"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

metroid_dragon

Ya I'm pretty sure I brought up the same idea about a year ago :P

Ganondorf would also work very well, if you gave him his sword that he uses in SSBM winning poses and made him a bit more magic focused than Link.

Yeah it probably was.:P

At any rate, I didn't really like Midna very much. She seemed to get all the attention, despite Link doing most of the fighting...