Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Link-from-Hell
Member since 2004 • 1343 Posts
Which version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess do you lot think I should get, I'm having second thoughts about getting the Wii version for numerous reasons, one being that there is auto-blocking when you fight.

Thoughts please.
skullflower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 skullflower
Member since 2004 • 1789 Posts

i haven't got a Wii, only a Gamecube - but even if i had both consoles, i'd probably end up getting the Gamecube version. i know they're both Nintendo consoles, but i want to stay loyal to the machine that the game was first announced on - plus i want to play through a new Zelda game using a standard controller.

but the choice is really up to you - the Wii version has 16:9 widescreen support. plus i imagine some of the aiming of weapons will be easier and more accurate using the Wii's remote - especially on the back of Epona.

Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Link-from-Hell
Do you know if the Gamecube version has the auto-blocking thing?
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

Super Famitsu Weekly actually gave the GC version a touch more in their review score, this means nothing to me as i will be getting both versions just for the love of it, but personally i know that i will love the Wii version, i go with Miyamoto san on this subject. LS

The GC version will be mirrored to the Wii's although it will be seriously lacking all of the extras aside from the main adventure, bonus games, side quest etc, while Wii owners will be playing for months you could well have finished and have not much to else to do-  the dual layer Wii discs allow for this expansion in the game, unless the GC version comes out on a few discs, i doubt very much it will have the same extras, or perhaps each version will have their own (- a good reason for those getting both):)

skullflower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 skullflower
Member since 2004 • 1789 Posts
what 'extras' has the Wii version got over the Gamecube version? i'll no doubt get a Wii at some stage next year, and will probably pick up Zelda on it. but for now, i'll get it on the 'Cube.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
I'd say the Wii version because in the future you'll be able to download upgrades for the game that won't be available on the GC version. And the Wiimote will provide a whole new dimension to gaming which is another big plus.
dumboforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 dumboforme
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts
Wii version, because I want to play the game through with the motion sensor controller.
rhector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rhector
Member since 2004 • 553 Posts

Right Now, i will get the GC version, because i cant wait another minute for playing TP, because is seems there are not going to be Wii until February or March, but at some point i will get the Wii and TP, and SSBB and Metroid Corruption, and Super Mario Strikers, etc. . .

And about the extra features, the GC and the Wii version are going to have exactly the same things, the only diferences are the control and that the Wii versions is mirrored. And about the extra downloadable levels, items and other stuff, Theres still nothing official about this matter.

If you want my opinion, i will buy the Wii because is a new console, a new great game, a new and refreshing controller, a new experience and visually looks a little bit better. 

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#9 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
the autoblocking is honestly the stupidest reason for you to not get the Wii version.  I have the Wii version, and at this point I couldnt imagine going back to regular Zelda gameplay from previous consoles
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 linkyshinks
I can believe that, and your right it is a ridiculous reason for not getting the Wii version.LS
lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lordsettra12
Member since 2005 • 4213 Posts
I'm not getting teh Wii just for Zelda so im going with teh GC on this one
HavQ-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 HavQ-san
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts
Exactly the same problem I have. Propably Cube version, cuz in Wii V, you can only use the Wiimote, but not normal controllers.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
I have the Wii version of TP.  The controls are great for the game and it feels more realistic to me.  I am really impressed with this and i hope they make  a lot of  the  other  zelda games in the future have these same controls.

FamousFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FamousFreak
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
i only have a GC for now so i gotta get that one, but when i get a Wii ill prolly try that version to
Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Link-from-Hell
Okay well I'll see, I'm just want to know because I don't want to spend money on a new console on something that would be pretty much the same on the Gamecube, minus the control scheme.
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
Get both versions! i have almost every version of every zelda game ( with the exeption of some gold cartrages) but every game none the less i got both versions ( well the gc one on preorder still )
PC-PS2man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PC-PS2man
Member since 2004 • 4751 Posts
I'm getting the GCN version. I feel that the Wii Remote is somewhat a tacked on feature in this version. They needed a good launch title to compete with GeoW and R: FoM. I just think Twilight Princess is a GameCube title though and through. 
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 linkyshinks

Some of the reasons stated here for getting the GC version are laughable.:lol: LS

Just make sure you get both eventually if you have any sense, the versions are mirrored so there is that slight twist as well, also htere may be others that we all dont know about until the GC version is released, but it is highly likely that the Wii version is making use of the far greater capacity for more than just graphics and sound.

iceprincess_sd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 iceprincess_sd
Member since 2004 • 32 Posts
I have the Wii version and the controls are great, its more realistic and more fun you should get the Wii version instead of waiting.
antonio-romeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 antonio-romeo
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i'll wait till the wii comes out here in the uk, and get it with zelda. seems much more appealing on the wii
antonio-romeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 antonio-romeo
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Some of the reasons stated here for getting the GC version are laughable.:lol: LS

the versions are mirrored so there is that slight twist as well

linkyshinks

what do you mean they are mirrored??

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
he means that the world is sort of oppisite. if you go left on the Wii vesion you will be going right on the GC version. Also Link is left handed in the GC version and right handed in the Wii version.

Tak963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23 Tak963
Member since 2004 • 2063 Posts
I'm gonna say Wii. I haven't played it yet, but it looks great. Who has not wanted to beat the living crap out of Ganondorf (*cough* again *cough*) with your bare sword!?
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 linkyshinks

Anyone still undecided should read volume nine of the Iwata interviews, that might help. LS

Link in topic.

pagan_princess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 pagan_princess
Member since 2004 • 92 Posts
Personally, Im loving the Wii version,  (but why not just get both? and then judge.)
Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Link-from-Hell

Anyone still undecided should read volume nine of the Iwata interviews, that might help. LS

Link in topic.

linkyshinks

Where can I find that?
skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 skatrbub54
Member since 2003 • 2160 Posts
anyone who has a wii and gets the gamecube one is in denial.  theyre both the same except wii has way more fun controls.  also slightly enhanced graphics.
Kakua_Omari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kakua_Omari
Member since 2005 • 939 Posts
I got it on the wii and love it, my sis is prob getting it on the gc because she can't peel me off of the wii version.
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 linkyshinks
[QUOTE="linkyshinks"]

Link in topic.

Link-from-Hell

Where can I find that?

there is a topic if you search through previous pages, but here anyway. LS

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/wii/?site=v5_07.html&expand=5&l=enGB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF472A2-xr0 LOZ GC videos contain SPOILERS

Avatar image for splinter_girl88
splinter_girl88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 splinter_girl88
Member since 2005 • 7687 Posts
I'm gonna get it on the GC, cuz I don't have any Wii and I'm not gonna buy one anytime soon:P
Avatar image for angelicmrschief
angelicmrschief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 angelicmrschief
Member since 2006 • 64 Posts
Gamecube since I already own even though I think the Wii would be more fun
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 linkyshinks

I'm gonna get it on the GC, cuz I don't have any Wii and I'm not gonna buy one anytime soon:Psplinter_girl88

This is a sensible reason for getting the GC version , the other sensible reason is wanting to own it is seeing it in action ! LS

GC version :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF472A2-xr0 8 videos of Gamecube Zelda - contains SPOILERS

Andy-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Andy-D
Member since 2006 • 143 Posts
I would get the Wii version if I could afford it. But the GC version is for me.
SuperSonic223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 SuperSonic223
Member since 2004 • 236 Posts
Do you know if the Gamecube version has the auto-blocking thing?Link-from-Hell
Yes the Gamecube version is auto-block too. I think 'R' on the GC controller is used for items instead of shielding, or you might have to press 'R' for a shield shove. I don't think the autoblock thing isn't that big of a deal although not blocking made dodging a lot more fun. I own the Wii version and the only difference is going to be that the Wii version is mirrored, they both run 480p so I'm sure the graphics won't look that much better on the Wii, that is if you have GC component cables. There is going to be certain things on the Wii version that I think will be a lot better like fighting on Epona, aiming with the pointer on the Wii-mote and the fishing. One problem that I found with the Wii controls is if you try to do a shield shove you end up doing a spin attack instead. The camera on the GC version is better than the Wii's and you get to use the free camera function like in WW. I pre-ordered the GC version in 04 so I'm getting both, just remember that both versions are pretty much equal. I think it's worth it to get both but if you only want the Wii for Zelda then get the GC version.
Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Link-from-Hell
[QUOTE="Link-from-Hell"]Do you know if the Gamecube version has the auto-blocking thing?SuperSonic223
Yes the Gamecube version is auto-block too. I think 'R' on the GC controller is used for items instead of shielding, or you might have to press 'R' for a shield shove. I don't think the autoblock thing isn't that big of a deal although not blocking made dodging a lot more fun. I own the Wii version and the only difference is going to be that the Wii version is mirrored, they both run 480p so I'm sure the graphics won't look that much better on the Wii, that is if you have GC component cables. There is going to be certain things on the Wii version that I think will be a lot better like fighting on Epona, aiming with the pointer on the Wii-mote and the fishing. One problem that I found with the Wii controls is if you try to do a shield shove you end up doing a spin attack instead. The camera on the GC version is better than the Wii's and you get to use the free camera function like in WW. I pre-ordered the GC version in 04 so I'm getting both, just remember that both versions are pretty much equal. I think it's worth it to get both but if you only want the Wii for Zelda then get the GC version.

So how do you control the camera in the Wii version, or can't you?
Demon2545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#36 Demon2545
Member since 2005 • 61053 Posts
I'm planning on getting the Wii so i'll just get the Wii version
SuperSonic223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SuperSonic223
Member since 2004 • 236 Posts
[QUOTE="SuperSonic223"][QUOTE="Link-from-Hell"]Do you know if the Gamecube version has the auto-blocking thing?Link-from-Hell

So how do you control the camera in the Wii version, or can't you?

there is no camera control in the Wii version, but the auto camera wasn't an issue for me. Also note that both can run 480p, and while playing the GC version the graphics were pretty much equal to the Wii's. The only thing I noticed was that the Wii version was slightly sharper and brighter, if you run it on it's 16:9 widescreen format you might be able to see a bigger descrepency between the graphics. I'm finding now that I'm leaning more towards the Wii version. I just felt more into the game, but the GC version is still great, you can definetly swing the sword faster and there is no spin attack timer and it plays a lot like OOT.
linkzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 linkzero
Member since 2003 • 22150 Posts
I got it on GC. Haven't got a Wii as of yet. To be honest I don't really see too much difference in both of them. I played the fishing mini-game on the Wii version, which felt a little bit more fun than on the GC, but it wasn't that groundbreaking.
anzelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 3

#39 anzelm
Member since 2004 • 902 Posts
I got it on GC. It´s great!
Mr_Bob471

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Mr_Bob471
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
There are advantages and disadvantages to each version *of course both are the same briliant game*.  In the Wii version, you can't move the camera around with the c stick *there is none ;)*.  That's my only complaint about the Wii version.

The Gamecube version, and I will say this is only comming from someone who played the Wii version, it just didn't feel as satisfying.   I had to help a friend through the Forest Temple and found myself swinging the GCN controller to swing the sword *as lame as that sounds*.  It's also more of an annoyance to aim in the GCN version.  You also have the lack of widescreen support if you have a widescreen TV.

Really though, in the end, it depends on preferance.  Either way you will be experiancing, in my opinion, one of the best games in years.
glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
I just reveiwed the Gamecube version, click the link below if you want to read it.

LinkOfHolland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LinkOfHolland
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I got the gamecube version yesterday because i don't have the money to buy a Wii anytime soon. If i get one sometime i'll also get TP on it just for the love of it, and the little extra's like the mirroring. I think with the mirroring the dungeons will be extra worth playing over again. And ofcourse with the new controls and subtle graphical enhancement it will be interesting for zelda fans to get both versions.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I bought the cube version for the following reasons. 1. I don't have the money for the wii..jet. 2. I dont think the new controller(s) will work for me in a zelda game.. 3.I dont have alot of money..hmm i already said that didn't I? I bought the cube specially for this game a week ago..NOW ISN'T THAT TRUE DEDICATION??:P

PhantomPhoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#44 PhantomPhoot
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts
Some people are saying that the GC and Wii versions are the same. I felt more intense when I played the Wii version, due to actually pointing and swinging the Wiimote and Nunchuck. I feel that it lives up to classic gameplay and adds alot more to it, but if you prefer a sit down adventure that wont give you a heart attack and may induce boredom, pick the GC version.
Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Link-from-Hell
Well I got the Gamecube version and that's good, if I do get a Wii I will most defiantly getting the Wii version. Thanks for the opinions.
PhantomPhoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#46 PhantomPhoot
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts
oh yeah. In every Zelda game, Link is left-handed. In the Wii version of Twilight Princess, he is right-handed to better suit the control scheme of the Wiimote and Nunchuck. There also isn't an option for left-handed players. So far, not many people have noticed or cared about the change. Oh, and the Wii version has better graphics in 480p.
Carlitonsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#47 Carlitonsp
Member since 2006 • 4010 Posts
The Wii is barely perferable, there are a few things that make it better, but if you really suck at aiming with your hand, get the GC version.