-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -theCHUD-
Member since 2008 • 1648 Posts
I tried going without one for LoZ for nes but I caved because THERE IS NO ONE TO TALK TO, I had no idea where to go and I don't know how some people found dungeons when you have to do some secret bs to unlock them.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
I used walkthroughs to fully complete all the Zeldas I've played. But I haven't played the first Zelda. I heard it is extremely difficult to know what to do and where to go, though.
-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -theCHUD-
I have no idea how people beat the game when it was released, they either had to buy the walkthrough in a magazine or had a lot of patience and a lot of time on their hands because seriously, there is no way of knowing which dungeon to go to first, no one to talk to give you hints, some dungeons were only accessed if walked in a specific order of directions.
megagood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 megagood
Member since 2008 • 429 Posts

The only thing I used a WT for on OoT was the stupid fire arrows, and when I got fed up with the water temple. Majora's Mask I used one a little bit. I was proud that I didn't have to use one for TP, but I think that's partially because once you understand some of the standard components of a Zelda title, you have an easier time understanding what's important in terms of clues.

I'm just talking about beating the game, I definitely use them to find other fun stuff afterwards.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Yes, mainly for the collectible stuff... I absolutely stink at finding them.

I also remember using a FAQ for my first time playing the original Legend of Zelda. Otherwise, it would take me months just to figure out what to do.

ShinoGenjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 ShinoGenjutsu
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts
Only for one step in twiglight Princess' final level
the_sky_is_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 the_sky_is_up
Member since 2008 • 955 Posts

No I never use walkthroughs. I feel it takes away the whole point in playing the game. I mean if it's fine for you sure, but to me it's like having someone else play the game for you.

(This is why I have not beat the first Zelda yet :P)

-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -theCHUD-
I usually don't use walkthroughs, but I had no patience to do it for LoZ, I used it also for the water temple in OoT because I was at the point where I thought there was nothing I could do to progress and even considered starting all over but I just used a walkthrough for help. I haven't used them for the other zeldas for except for collecting heartpieces and stuff
ShaunyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 ShaunyP
Member since 2007 • 5803 Posts
only in MM to collect all the masks. I think I got lucky with the Water Temple, but I almost caved with the Shadow Temple.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Here we go: I did NOT use a guide for OoT, WW, and ALttP. I used the guide after completing the 4th dungeon on the original Zelda. I used the guide after completing the 3rd dungeon on Zelda 2: AoL. I used the guide quite a few times on MM and TP.
nirvana563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 nirvana563
Member since 2005 • 2913 Posts
Yeah I use guides mostly for collectibles like the spray paint thing in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but also for games that I feel I need them for whatever the reason. For example I'm playing LOZ:TP right now and I'm off and on useing a online guide.
Shacrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shacrob
Member since 2004 • 3208 Posts
I only used once, in Majora's Mask. I enjoy `playing with a walktrough
Doggybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Doggybones
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

i used a walktrough 1 time in OOT to get in the shadow temple.In that water pit i always wend down to see that there is a wall.Thinkin you have to obtain something to get pas it, i check around hyrule.I obtain the biggoron sword and more items only to find that they dont work.So i read a walktrough : You will see a wall but you can go trough it because its a fake one, :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts

I tried going without one for LoZ for nes but I caved because THERE IS NO ONE TO TALK TO, I had no idea where to go and I don't know how some people found dungeons when you have to do some secret bs to unlock them.-theCHUD-

yeah it is nearly impossible to beat the second quest without a guide of some kind to tell you where to go.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#15 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
I use walkthroughs when I'm stuck but only if I have used more than two hours trying to figure out what do to. I prefer the games I can beat without a walkthrough.
Jeff_Hardy457

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jeff_Hardy457
Member since 2006 • 2287 Posts
I use walk throughs to get any extra stuff I missed
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
Used it in OoT after I beat the game, and used one in Majora's Mask so I could get all the masks \ items.
AaronElWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 AaronElWhite
Member since 2003 • 1402 Posts

I use them quite a bit. I like to think of myself as a completionist, and so as I've gotten older (and thus had a significant decline in gaming time with an increase in family time) , I have had to use guides and walkthroughs in order to reach that maximum completion level in a timely manner. I no longer play all the games that I'm interested in because I just don't have the time. So becoming more selective has also led me to being 100% sure I max out on a game.

Now, as far as Zelda games go, I try EVERYTHING before going to a guide. I agree with some comments that once you've solved a few puzzles in each game you start to get a feel for how they are laid out and it becomes easier to solve them on your own. But yeah, I've scratched sores in my head a few times and caved in and read enough just to get a quick clue before carrying on.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 waZelda

I use them quite a bit. I like to think of myself as a completionist, and so as I've gotten older (and thus had a significant decline in gaming time with an increase in family time) , I have had to use guides and walkthroughs in order to reach that maximum completion level in a timely manner. I no longer play all the games that I'm interested in because I just don't have the time. So becoming more selective has also led me to being 100% sure I max out on a game.

Now, as far as Zelda games go, I try EVERYTHING before going to a guide. I agree with some comments that once you've solved a few puzzles in each game you start to get a feel for how they are laid out and it becomes easier to solve them on your own. But yeah, I've scratched sores in my head a few times and caved in and read enough just to get a quick clue before carrying on.

SailorAide

Yes, most puzzles you can solve with your Zelda expierience (or just general gaming expierience), however some times you will run into a puzzle that is really new and you have no idea how to handle it. For instance, in PH when there was a puzzle and you had to close your DS then open it again. I would never have thought about that and used a lot of time getting really bugged before I read a walkthrough.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#20 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Yes I find it difficult where to go next the only one I didn't use a walkthrough for is ALTTP.
GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts
Yeah I use walkthroughs
-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -theCHUD-

Yes, most puzzles you can solve with your Zelda expierience (or just general gaming expierience), however some times you will run into a puzzle that is really new and you have no idea how to handle it. For instance, in PH when there was a puzzle and you had to close your DS then open it again. I would never have thought about that and used a lot of time getting really bugged before I read a walkthrough.

waZelda

Yeah I had no idea what to do there and was trying to figure out WTF to do for like 30 minutes, until I took a break, I just closed the ds though I didn't turn it off, and when I went to open the ds I heard the jingle you hear after solving a puzzle. When I figured out what just happened I smacked my forhead! SO SIMPLE yet so complex... ah zelda, you tricky bastard

Q8iy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#23 Q8iy
Member since 2006 • 2285 Posts
I mostLy used waLkthrough in Legend of ZeLda: Ocarina of time There were many hard puzzLes that needed some cLues in order to be soLved, but it's one of the best games for ZeLda.
Avatar image for Quilofknowledge
Quilofknowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Quilofknowledge
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I don't enjoy using walkthroughs, but I will if I'm really stuck.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 waZelda

Yes I find it difficult where to go next the only one I didn't use a walkthrough for is ALTTP.chocolate1325

Really? Of all the Zelda games I have played, ALttP is the one I have had most problems with. I think I've read FAQ's four times, and still I haven't completed it.

Martinvald101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Martinvald101
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
The only game i would use walkthroug is Orcarina of time
smithy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#27 smithy92
Member since 2005 • 896 Posts

I never use them, Zelda games are easy enough to complete without.

About the first zelda game: I had to use one at the last dungeon - I totally got lost.

knilybrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 knilybrik
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts
[QUOTE="waZelda"]

-theCHUD-

Yeah I had no idea what to do there and was trying to figure out WTF to do for like 30 minutes, until I took a break, I just closed the ds though I didn't turn it off, and when I went to open the ds I heard the jingle you hear after solving a puzzle. When I figured out what just happened I smacked my forhead! SO SIMPLE yet so complex... ah zelda, you tricky bastard

Lol. I probably would not have figured that either, but i read about that puzzle in a nintendo power magizine

knilybrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 knilybrik
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts

Here is what ii do..

1. I play and beat the game all on my own

2. I use the guide to play it through a second time and collect every thing

3. sometimes i use the guides if im stuck

btw, i have nvr completed a zelda game on mi own, the puzzles are too much for me!!!

Camca08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Camca08
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts
I never use walkthroughs.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Here is what ii do..

1. I play and beat the game all on my own

2. I use the guide to play it through a second time and collect every thing

3. sometimes i use the guides if im stuck

btw, i have nvr completed a zelda game on mi own, the puzzles are too much for me!!!

knilybrik

I think you should use a FAQ now and again, trust me, you'll enjoy the game a lot more if you actually beat it, even if you have to use a FAQ for one or two of the most challenging puzzles.

Shygirlfrumfl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shygirlfrumfl
Member since 2007 • 962 Posts
I use walkthroughs sometimes,it depends how hard the temple or the mission is really.
shionone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 shionone
Member since 2003 • 4670 Posts
I salute those of you who can complete games without them. I personally HAVE to. I have played all the Zelda games and yes have a feel for them however, vecause I am annal about getting all the stuff and extra hearts etc., I gotta have it. I usually don't have alot of time to replay games so I go for EVERYTHING all at one time.
horseyjesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 horseyjesse
Member since 2003 • 565 Posts

I use them when I get stuck, and when I feel like collecting things. I usually struggle for 30mins-1hour before I pause, and head over here to figure out what the heck I am supposed to do next. Once I get past the tricky part, I cease to use the guide.

The only guide I have ever owned was for Ocarina of Time, and I mainly got it to complete things.

Truth is, I would probably benefit from using a guide full time, I feel I waste a lot of time in Zelda games, haha.