Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 Chaos_Angel_14
Member since 2004 • 3805 Posts

I know I might be the only one here who thinks this, but I'm almost looking forward to the day they retire the zelda franchise.
Its kinda like the expression " Everything good must come to and end", like i dont mean anytime soon
but within the next couple of games (about next ten years or so, if that).
I just think... like say, Myiamoto leaves nintendo, it would never be the same, like they should just retire it with myiamoto whenever he decides to call it quites (what a sad day that will be).
Now, dont get me wrong, I LOVE zelda, its just something i thought about the other day
I would be sad that it was over but its kinda like.....it would end a chapter of my life almost....cuz as I've said....Zelda was a big part of my childhood...

anyways...your thoughts?

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

:|........You're crazy. :P

So something you like is something you want to go away? Do you also like things you despise to stay with you for the rest of your life? :?

Carlitonsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Carlitonsp
Member since 2006 • 4010 Posts
If they cannot find a Successor to Miyamoto, then Yes.
Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chaos_Angel_14

:|........You're crazy. :P

So something you like is something you want to go away? Do you also like things you despise to stay with you for the rest of your life? :?

DJ-Lafleur

:?
..yeah...i dont nessesarily get me ether, and no i dont like things i despise to stay with me forever, i like them to go away even faster :P
but I'm just saying...like...if they dont retire zelda
they could still be making games like 50 years from now
or it could end up like star wars and be like w***ed out to the extent that we get a zelda party game :|
i dunno, that prospect kinda frightens me
i dont think any franchise should live THAT long
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

Miyamoto hasn't really been involved with the Zelda series for awhile now. Sure he still has influence, but the series seems to have been passed onto Eiji Aonuma.

Besides, it does take more then one person to make a quality video game, especially in this generation. Miyamoto alone is not fully responsible for the Zelda series, although he is the visionary behind the work, which is obviously important.

Ether way, I doubt the series will end even if Miyamoto leaves.

That whole concept of things that only last a short time being enjoyable is an interesting concept though. If something was to last forever, it would lose its appeal since it is always there, but if it can be lost, then each moment is all the more precious...

That said, the individual Zelda games are quite unique for the most part and the series is ever changing. I doubt the series will ever end, although it may change so much that we won't be able to recognize what it once was and in that sense the series will "end".

Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chaos_Angel_14
That said, the individual Zelda games are quite unique for the most part and the series is ever changing. I doubt the series will ever end, although it may change so much that we won't be able to recognize what it once was and in that sense the series will "end". Gary_Jinfield

Thats the EXACT thing I'm scared of happening to teh franchise....
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Proper spelling is your friend.

Anyways, I don't think that the LoZ series will be ending anytime soon, it's arguably one of the best series ever created and a huge selling point for Nintendo. In the end Nintendo is another company which needs to make a profit and they will abuse any tactics and reselling neccesary to make that goal a reality (I'm looking at you Mario Party).

In the end it comes down to money, not the fans or the series ending on a great note.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"] That said, the individual Zelda games are quite unique for the most part and the series is ever changing. I doubt the series will ever end, although it may change so much that we won't be able to recognize what it once was and in that sense the series will "end". Chaos_Angel_14

Now I see where you're going with this, and I don't think about the future that often, so it doesn't really bother me. It takes a long while for a new Zelda game to come out (compared to some other series), so if it does lose it's appeal, it probably won't bea long time from now.

DimitriFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 DimitriFan1
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts
You are crazy but I hope they stop when sigeru retires. Without him the games wouldnt be the same.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Yeah, you're probably crazy :P

Aonuma is a great director and the Zelda franchise is in good hands. I don't want to Zelda series to end, ever :P

DimitriFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DimitriFan1
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts
I hope no zleda fans want the series to end. It will eventually. I think that if the guy who replaces Sigeru makes a lousy Zelda game than it will stop. The zelda series fate is in the hands of the guy after Sigeru I believe. Zelda Forever.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gary_Jinfield

[QUOTE="Chaos_Angel_14"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"] That said, the individual Zelda games are quite unique for the most part and the series is ever changing. I doubt the series will ever end, although it may change so much that we won't be able to recognize what it once was and in that sense the series will "end". DJ-Lafleur

Now I see where you're going with this, and I don't think about the future that often, so it doesn't really bother me. It takes a long while for a new Zelda game to come out (compared to some other series), so if it does lose it's appeal, it probably won't bea long time from now.

In a way though, the Zelda games are always changing, essentially become something different each time. Compare the original Loz and WW for instance. I doubt one would have been able to recognize that the two games belong to the same series if they had come right after one another instead of being separated by a variety of other Zelda games that show the transition that occurred. (From expanded gameplay to the 3D aspect)

Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chaos_Angel_14
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="Chaos_Angel_14"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"] That said, the individual Zelda games are quite unique for the most part and the series is ever changing. I doubt the series will ever end, although it may change so much that we won't be able to recognize what it once was and in that sense the series will "end". Gary_Jinfield

In a way though, the Zelda games are always changing, essentially become something different each time. Compare the original Loz and WW for instance. I doubt one would have been able to recognize that the two games belong to the same series if they had come right after one another instead of being separated by a variety of other Zelda games that show the transition that occurred. (From expanded gameplay to the 3D aspect)

well its never anythign radically different
like they all have that certain....zelda-ness
like they all have the genral zelda feel and spirit
but like....what if they actually go along with that whole "sci-fi zelda" thing...it wont feel like zelda
same with the first-person zelda thing, like what if they end up changing so much
its not even like zelda anymore, or they keep it the same and w***e the license out to a such a degree that we have spin-off games
i mean thats already kinda starting with that tingle ds game (even if not directly zelda)
or what if it ends up going the path of other fallen c|assic franchises (sonic, megaman, etc)
but mainly, i think its the prospect of a franchise never ending taht bothers me the most

i dunno, maybe i shoudl stop worrying about something that may not even be
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gary_Jinfield

Well, what exactly makes Zelda, Zelda? The factor that defines the series as a cohesive piece, despite a barrage of differences between each new installment?

Personally, the Zelda series has always seemed to be about adventure and exploration. As long as those two factors remain intact, it doesn't matter what the setting and conditions are, from far into the future to the medieval times. Naturally the games would still have to have engaging gameplay and such, but the adventure aspects seems paramount.

Aumala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Aumala
Member since 2005 • 6678 Posts
It would be good for it to end in like ten years, I don't want to be old and look at a commercial for a newzelda, because it would probably suck since it would probably the same as the zelda games that we have now, and it's no fun to repeat the same game engine over and over again.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 metroid_dragon

Well, what exactly makes Zelda, Zelda? The factor that defines the series as a cohesive piece, despite a barrage of differences between each new installment?

Personally, the Zelda series has always seemed to be about adventure and exploration. As long as those two factors remain intact, it doesn't matter what the setting and conditions are, from far into the future to the medieval times. Naturally the games would still have to have engaging gameplay and such, but the adventure aspects seems paramount.

Gary_Jinfield

Well what makes Zelda into... Zelda is the universe, the characters, in addition to the gameplay. You could create a very simliar game set in another time period with different characters but that would lose the appeal of the characters we all know and love. Yes it'll be a very solid game but familiarity is a key point of any series.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

metroid_dragon

Well what makes Zelda into... Zelda is the universe, the characters, in addition to the gameplay. You could create a very simliar game set in another time period with different characters but that would lose the appeal of the characters we all know and love. Yes it'll be a very solid game but familiarity is a key point of any series.

Characters could still be similar in different time periods and such, although the only true reoccurring characters in the Zelda series are Link, Zelda, and Ganon. Other characters may appear in multiple games, yet the main games in the series often feature completely new characters. (Compare the characters in Oot and WW for instance.)

Change just seems to be a big part of Zelda. Many of the complaints regarding Tp were directed at the game's similarity to previous Zelda games.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

Gary_Jinfield

Characters could still be similar in different time periods and such, although the only true reoccurring characters in the Zelda series are Link, Zelda, and Ganon. Other characters may appear in multiple games, yet the main games in the series often feature completely new characters. (Compare the characters in Oot and WW for instance.)

Change just seems to be a big part of Zelda. Many of the complaints regarding Tp were directed at the game's similarity to previous Zelda games.

Ah, yes with "characters" I was referring soly to the main characters of the series. I understand that random NPCs are not exactly critical to the game.

Change is a big part, but it's more the amount of change involved in changing a game from 2d to 3d. Where a game keeps it's familiarity but provides a fresh experience. What you propose would also make it lose it's familiarity which is something that must always be retained for a series to remain true to itself.

GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
Well, they said TP is going to be the last Zelda as we know its kind. It will not ever end.
glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts

I know I might be the only one here who thinks this, but I'm almost looking forward to the day they retire the zelda franchise.
Its kinda like the expression " Everything good must come to and end", like i dont mean anytime soon
but within the next couple of games (about next ten years or so, if that).
I just think... like say, Myiamoto leaves nintendo, it would never be the same, like they should just retire it with myiamoto whenever he decides to call it quites (what a sad day that will be).
Now, dont get me wrong, I LOVE zelda, its just something i thought about the other day
I would be sad that it was over but its kinda like.....it would end a chapter of my life almost....cuz as I've said....Zelda was a big part of my childhood...

anyways...your thoughts?

Chaos_Angel_14

well...yeah, i guess, when miamoto retires so should his games, i mean, look at the spyro and crash bandicoot games, they all suck now that their original developers are gone

ZeroWingEvil91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 ZeroWingEvil91
Member since 2005 • 740 Posts
I hope no zleda fans want the series to end. It will eventually. I think that if the guy who replaces Sigeru makes a lousy Zelda game than it will stop. The zelda series fate is in the hands of the guy after Sigeru I believe. Zelda Forever.DimitriFan1
Myamoto hasn't been directly responsible for a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. He's already been essentially replaced.