tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts
Hey guys.  I'm thinking about picking up a used copy of 4 swords adventures, as it's the only console zelda I have yet to play (other than LttP).  Two concerns:

1) I'll be playing it single player; unfortunately, I am the only nintendo geek of my buddies.

2) Reviews don't rate the game too highly.

All in all, I'm totally fine with the whole "start over" aspect of every level; also, I've been gaming since the 80's, so 2D doesn't bother me in the slightest.  What do you pros think about it? Does it deserved to be shelved alongside the other LoZ classics?
twilight_link9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 twilight_link9
Member since 2006 • 1079 Posts

It's tough to compare FSA with other Zelda games; I don't know if I should recommend it... perhaps only if you've played A Link to the Past or any top view Zelda, you'll like it.

I had to play it single player since only I had a GBA with cable, it should be most fun with 3 or 4 players, Maybe someone that has played this game in multiplayer can tell you more

tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tarzanell
Thanks for the reply TL9 :). Anyone else have the chance to run through FSA at one point or another?
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

Four Sword Adventures features a great amount of the Zelda game play and can be rather fun. Perhaps the main criticism of the game is that it does little to further the Zelda series. By that I mean a great deal of the content is similar to what was featured in others. (Most of the music is simply remixed versions) Its not as open ended ether, as the game is comprised of levels, although most levels have sub quests within them and do still provide a sense of exploration. Its just a bit more liner then what has come to be expect of the Legend of Zelda series.

It still is a Zelda game though, featuring many classic elements. If you have played Alttp for gba, then there will be many interesting similarities between the games that only enhance the experience. The game is indeed better when playing multiplayer, yet it is still fun when playing alone.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
I actually thought FSA was a multiplayer only game :? .... but now that I know it is single player as well I might even try picking it up :)
LightThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LightThief
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
Thanx for posting... I'm in the same situation as you are. Can't wait till I hit level 6...
tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tarzanell
Bought it the other day, and it's excellent single player. A lot of stuff I didn't remember from old games make an appearance, it's great to see fun 2d games are still being made.
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
I have it sealed for GC and I just can't find to play it :P ... I may just sell it though I don't know :P
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
I haven't played FSA and I'm not sure if I will, I don't know many people who would be willing to play a game like that and I don't think it's worth it for the 1P mode.
interpolred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#10 interpolred
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

Damn, I really want that game.

tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tarzanell

I haven't played FSA and I'm not sure if I will, I don't know many people who would be willing to play a game like that and I don't think it's worth it for the 1P mode.

It is, but bear in mind that I come from the early 80's gen of gaming. I enjoy 2d games, and I value gameplay much more highly over graphics. It's a matter of opinion, I got my copy used for 10 US dollars and so far it's worth every penny.
Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kira-Shinobi
Member since 2006 • 3145 Posts
I wonder if this will work with the Wii since it has the GC controller ports and memory card slots.
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
Yes 100%