Ichigo (shikai) vs. Inuyasha (normal)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 daorack
Member since 2005 • 4344 Posts

Ichigo (shikai) vs Inuyasha (normal)

Vs.

This is the debate between Ichigo (shikai) and Inuyasha (normal).

Bassically its like this. Ichigo with just shikai and no mask and Inuyasha with his sword normal, (so not broken,) and not in demon form, duke it out.

Your goal is to debate how this battle would take place. Start at the beginning of the fight and debate over how the battle would begin, what would happen next, etc. and work your way through the battle till the end and decide the end outcome of the battle. This debate will last one week, so try to reach the end outcome by then.

LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!!!

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

Shinigami can't be seen by living beings.

/thread.

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 daorack

oriheme and chad are both human.

andl otus, your not even following the point of the debate.

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 sfkm2
Member since 2005 • 67813 Posts

oriheme and chad are both human.

andl otus, your not even following the point of the debate.

daorack

Seriously. Do what Captain Hitsugaya said.

Also. Inuyasha is half human and half demon.

Back to the point. Jeez.

To me I say it's a tie.

They both are like... now coming into the world when come to techniques and now they are experience in the later future.

Nicaboy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Nicaboy456
Member since 2003 • 59816 Posts
this is rather simple. Inuyasha would win if you compare the current levels just based on moves along~nano desu....
Grottekvarnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Grottekvarnen
Member since 2007 • 9863 Posts
Hmm don't know much about Inuyasha so im going with tie
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 daorack

I dont know much about inuyasha but from what little I'v seen in his normal state like the thread describes, and ichigo with shikai, no hollow mask, just normal shikai, their techniques are simmilar-but-different. I think they'd have equal potential. I think what would happen is inuyasha would prolly take one major league beating at first but then eventually he'd beat up ichigo in return, and they'd end up at a draw.

but I'm speaking from very minimal information so I realise I'm prolly speaking out of turn.

so lets go back to the beginning of the battle. they'd stand across from each other watching each other, most likely wondering if the opponent has any openings. inuyasha and ichigo would most likely both draw their blades right off. skip hand-to-hand entirely. ichigo would prolly start off with his common start....run right directly at the enemy and slash with everything he has.

but what would inuyasha do?

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sfkm2

Do the same thing unless he see Ichigo as a real threat. Next comes the Wind Scar.

And if Ichigo use that projectile of his, Inuyasha will use that backlash wave.

Now you think of it. Inuyasha would win that.

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 daorack
but then again ichigo still has shunpo. getsuga tensho, shunpo behind, use getsuga tensho, shunpo off to the side, slice :O
Avatar image for jooja42animefan
jooja42animefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jooja42animefan
Member since 2008 • 8011 Posts
well ichigo may have all those... however that backlash wave inuyasha has is devistatung.  it leaves nothing left standing in its path... ive seen the show many times and many times he used it against sheshoumoru (sp?)  and man that's one powerful defensive move and attack as well... right up there with getsuga tenshou... as far as attack /defense go.  however the backlash wave does much more damage.  therefore i think that inuyasha would come out ahead in a fight. It would be a tough one though, ichigo is no quitter, but then neither is inuyasha.
Avatar image for Assassin_Knight
Assassin_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Assassin_Knight
Member since 2007 • 1736 Posts
i would say Ichigo cause he has flashstep so Inuyasha cant actually hit him
seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 seker456
Member since 2008 • 15052 Posts

but then again ichigo still has shunpo. getsuga tensho, shunpo behind, use getsuga tensho, shunpo off to the side, slice :Odaorack

i compleatly agree

Avatar image for Dragoon_Of_Dark
Dragoon_Of_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dragoon_Of_Dark
Member since 2007 • 8743 Posts
i think that inuyasha would have a good chance of winning for the simple fact that he can use is special attack more times then Ichigo also in a plain sword fight they would probly be matched so it would come down to special attacks or just plain fists
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ebbon_Valentia
Member since 2009 • 12780 Posts

With the Backlash Wave and since I know that Inuyasha would mix in some hand-to-hand combat I think Inuyasha has the upper hand here. In just sword moves I think they're pretty equal although Inuyasha might have a miniscule edge over Ichigo. Plus Inuyasha has his half-demon strength as well. Then Inuyasha still has his nose so he could still sniff Ichigo out if he started doing shunpo. Yeah here's how I see it:

Ichigo and Inuyasha charge at each other with swords drawn. Ichigo uses normal slashes while Inuyasha mixes in combos of blade and claws. Then Ichigo starts using shunpo to try and get in quick hits and Inuyasha does his job at sensing his scent. I say Inuyasha uses the Wind Scar technique because he's a little more hot headed than Ichigo. Then Ichigo uses Getsuga Tenshou. Both dodge each others specials and at some point it returns to a mix of martial-specials and then Inuyasha uses the Backlash Wave against Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou.

Nicaboy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nicaboy456
i agree there and also to qwell any potential fanboyism....if both get their swords knocked away, Inuyasha still has the Blades of Blood and Iron Reaver Soul Stealer techniques for hand to hand combat. Inuyasha wins hands down~nano desuyo!!!!
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ebbon_Valentia

Exactly. As much as I like Bleach over Inuyasha, I have to give credit to Inuyasha over Ichigo.

dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dancingbeatle
Member since 2006 • 20951 Posts

Do the same thing unless he see Ichigo as a real threat. Next comes the Wind Scar.

And if Ichigo use that projectile of his, Inuyasha will use that backlash wave.

Now you think of it. Inuyasha would win that.

sfkm2
I thought the windscar could only be used against demons. Maybe Inuyasha could use the diamond spear.
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ebbon_Valentia

Well this is pretty much a hypothetical situation.....So we'd consider the fact that Inuyasha would have the Wind Scar abilities just like Ichigo has Zangetsu's abilities.....Otherwise there'd be no point in this thread.....

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 daorack
"You cant hurt what you cant hit." as I always say. shunpo ftw. only thing is he needs to get up and use it.
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ebbon_Valentia

Like I pointed out earlier, Inuyasha could still keep track of Ichigo with his scent.....so the shunpo is almost negated.....last I checked, Inuyasha still has good reaction time, too.....

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 daorack
scent doesnt help much when its practically teleporting....its not about not being able to track him, its about him moving so fast he might as well be teleporting.
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ebbon_Valentia

Well not true since teleporting is instantaneous and doesn't leave traces as far as I can recall...and shunpo is almost there but not quite...so at least Inuyasha would get a "whiff" and be able to somewhat trace it...

dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dancingbeatle
Maybe but Inuyasha can move pretty fast too where all you see is a red blur.
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ebbon_Valentia

((I need you to check your mail and answer to the Lt. Lounge, doarack. Just a simple yes or no and if you feel it needs an explanation then you're welcom to do so))

Thank you, Nemu, this really helps with someone who's more up to date with Inuyasha...

Nicaboy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nicaboy456
do i really need to step in and shutdown the fanboys~nano desu ka???
dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dancingbeatle
Who are you talking about Nica?
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 daorack

*raises brow* I think he's referring to me because I'm not taking sides based on something that doesnt really matter. doesnt matter if he can track with scent, what matters is if he can move fast enough to counter it.

I'm not the one being a fanboy here, I dont appreciate the insult. Thats bassically calling me bias. At least nemu provided information that actually argued it.

Star-Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Star-Killer
Member since 2008 • 1883 Posts

Hmmmmm Inuyasha is rather slow with his sword(Tetsusaiga) but can probably endure more than a just Shikai Ichigo

While Ichigo on the other hand has flash steps and Getsuga Tenshou Ichigo hands down.

A better match in my opinion would be Yusuke Urameshi from Yu Yu Hakusho vs Ichigo they both have similar personalities, and athleticism.

Spirit Gun vs Getsuga Tenshou= EPIC WIN!

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sfkm2

do i really need to step in and shutdown the fanboys~nano desu ka???Nicaboy456

this is only a discussion. Meaning anybody can say anything they want to say that's on their mind.

This is suppose to be for fun. Keep it that way please.

Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ebbon_Valentia
I never really got into Inuyasha; I'm just trying to consider the possibilities. But yeah I agree that Ichigo is going to have a tough time with Inuyasha's Backlash Wave and, to be kind, he'll have difficulty with shunpo. Those will be key factors in who wins. Same with Ichigo using his spiritual pressure to lessen damage and Inuyasha's demon strength and endurance. Both are going to take it, but one's gotta give out sometime and I say that's when it's over.
Nicaboy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nicaboy456

i am keeping it fun and i wasnt insulting anyone nor was i directing my comments to anyone. people nowadays are too sensitive and swear that someone is always out to get them. so with that i say relax and calm down. its not that serious. moving on.....

now before i go into detail might i ask....did Ichigo really have all these moves while in mere shikai form like the getsuga tensho and other things like that??? as i said earlier, comparing movelists to the current levels of the fighters shows that Inuyasha has the distinct advantage over Ichigo. this stuff has already been pointed out but i'll do it again.....

back in Ichigo's shikai form he only has what....one actual zanpakuto move and one move for evasion. thats the Tensho thing and the shunpo move. now for Inuyasha as said earlier, theres the Wind Scar which unlike the Tensho can spread over a wide ranged aread as Sesshomaru proved when he slew 1000 demons in one swing. also to add to the defensive aspects of the battle, theres the Backlash Wave which is said to repel most if not all attacks thrown at the user as shown when he repelled the two strongest demons, Naraku and Sesshomaru on seperate occasions.

now....in the category of speed, though Ichigo does have the advantage in speed with his shunpo, it becomes moot due to Inuyasha's nose which will be able to find him wherever he goes. also just because Ichigo is faster doesnt mean that Inuyasha is a slouch when it comes to speed either. he's just not AS fast. for those who say that a shunpo to the side and a slash will work are wrong. it could never be that easy. also for those who say that the sword is too heavy for Inuyasha is wrong as well. it was in the first few eps when he just got it but it quickly became easy to wield and use so theres no handicap there.

this is all from the 167 ep anime perspective and not the 500+ chapter manga perspective. i could go on a little bit more and use manga references but i think that would be pushing it a little bit....

Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ebbon_Valentia
I find this very thorough and I agree now that I think about it. Except while Getsuga Tensho does have a small radius it can continue in a long line/beam attack, so you could say it's like a long-range Wind Scar, right? Plus it spreads out when Ichigo uses Getsuga Tensho directed towards the ground. Inuyasha does still have the advantage. But you've peaked my interest, Cpt. Gin. What more is there?
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 daorack

thank you nica. I only have 2 things to comment on.

1. I never said to be sneaky, I just said to use speed to get a hit in or to avoid being hit. tho I agree it'd be useless for hiding, a sneak ATTACK would still work for one simple fact: they are moving so fast that the move is done before the scent can travel even a single inch from the surface of their body. this means by the time the scent even GETS to inuyasha, he's already attacked and gone. inu would have to rely on sound instead, or very sharp eyes. WHICH he may have, so all I'm saying is the scent thing is kinda irrelevant because basic physics kinda kills that. same with sound technically. especially if ichigo attacks DURING shunpo instead of AFTER. its dependant on strategy, and if ichigo has the mindset to think of that kind of combination. which I'm willing to give you, he might not :/ but I'm just pointing out that ichigo isnt a hands down loss, there's a possibility. which is why it needs more detail thought out. but, lets slow down and go over it piece at a time instead of crush it right off.

2.  the NUMBER of techniques ya got isnt everything...sometimes two very basic moves well applied is all you need even against a technique master....BUT! on the flip side they are both main characters that almost always find a way to win even against unbeatable odds...so there's alot of things that effect it. So I'm not going to lean one way or another, I'm just saying number of technique doesnt automatically give it to him in the bag.

as for the rest of what ya'll said, including inu not being a pansy speed wise, I will not argue, as I find your points very  much valid and worth consideration. ^_^ not that the others arnt but you get the point XD

Dragoon_Of_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dragoon_Of_Dark
there somthing eles to consider win inuyasha is near death his demon side takes over and all of his power mulitply
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ebbon_Valentia
Well as much as that is it's stated that this is just normal Inuyasha vs. Ichigo's shikai, and that means no demon state for Inuyasha just like Ichigo doesn't get his inner hollow. Sorry man.
Dragoon_Of_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dragoon_Of_Dark
okay :lol: then i guess i have nothing left to say
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ebbon_Valentia
Hey no problem it happens. But at least you addressed a concept that we might want to consider. *Looks at the others* We should consider the demon state/inner hollow as well. With this new development it opens the field. I think that the demon state was forgotten and therefore the inner hollow was disregarded. Would that be correct?
Dragoon_Of_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dragoon_Of_Dark
thats what i assumed
Nicaboy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nicaboy456
so i think i've covered everything when he's not in demon state~nano desu. any objections based on my valid points~nano desu ka???
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ebbon_Valentia
None whatsoever, Cpt. Gin. I only added the couple things about Ichigo's Getsuga Tensho that might've been missed. *Points to post after Gin's last comment* But aside from that I agree with you.
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 daorack
this is about ichigo's shikai and inuyasha's normal state, sot he demon and inner hollow are completely irrelevant about this debate XD
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ebbon_Valentia
Missed you too, Toshiro. Eh I grew bored with it, so I'm done posting here for now until something new shows up. I made my points and whatnot, so I"m satisfied.
Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lotus-Edge

I'm still not understanding how Inuyasha's using scent will help him counter Ichigo's shunpo. Though, I know next to nothing about Inuyasha's abilities since I don't read the manga.

Nicaboy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nicaboy456
as long as he has Ichigo's scent, he will always know where he's at no matter where Ichigo goes....
Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lotus-Edge

Wow... impressive quality.

Inuyasha pwns Ichigo in this one.

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 daorack
I'm still trying to understand how he can track the scent when the fight is going so fast that the scent cant even travel an inch before the whole fight is over...the scent would never reach his nose.
Ecko-freerunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ecko-freerunna
Member since 2008 • 4472 Posts

inuyasha's nose is like a shark's man he got this hands down.

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 daorack
shark still requires the scent to travel through the water to it...so a shark wouldnt be able to accurately track something moving that fast :/
Ecko-freerunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ecko-freerunna
Member since 2008 • 4472 Posts

idk man but what i've seen from inuyasha he has a hella strong nose but i see what you're saying

Nicaboy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nicaboy456
its been decided so come up with anoter matchup to speculate on~nano desu..