sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1053 sfkm2
Member since 2005 • 67813 Posts
I couldn't they just release the system next year instead of Fall 2013. Then again, I probably can afford the PS4 but what's the point when the PS3 again still hot.That's like Windows 7 and 8.
rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1054 rocketfox129
Member since 2007 • 30833 Posts

It's no different to when they introduced the PS3, the PS2 was still going good at the time of introduction and continued to do so for an age

The PS3 isn't gonna instantly drop out on introduction of the PS4, it'll likely keep going a good while, which is good to me since I intend to wait awhile before I actually consider purchasing a PS4 if I do, especially with how new consoles get priced here in the UK

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1055 sfkm2
there was a difference though. PS2 didn't have online like PS3. I mean PS2 do have it but it was an additional product. Where as PS3 already have it on there, you just need internet connection. I don't mind PS4 but next year.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1056 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

I'm just glad Sony restructured the system to be more programming friendly for developers. It sucks that nothing PS3 is not compatible, buuuuuuut, it's not like I'm getting rid of my PS3, it'll still be used as a primary BD player.

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1057 rocketfox129

Found this on my last round on Catherine :P

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1058 sfkm2
Teddie in the house.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1059 Prinze

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Metal Gear Rising features............a Guyanese person!!!

I'm Guyanese btw... :D

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1060 rocketfox129

@skfm: Vincent from Catherine (also pictured) also makes a cameo in the Persona 3 remake P3P. :P

@Prinze: Nice to see it recognizing the various peoples of the world. :D

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1061 sfkm2
For once, I would like to troll MGR using Kubo's tactics.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1062 Prinze

Hearthfires DLC for Skrim is soooooo much fun. I've been dominating my lake view home. This is DLC worth paying for, espcecially since it's only $2.50 on PS3 right now. :)

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1063 rocketfox129
Working through Ni No Kuni again after having left it awhile, currently just made it to Al Mamoon, and going about level grinding and doing some side stuff before I advance the plot proper. I've got awhile yet to catch up to my flatmate and his bf on it. :P
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1064 Prinze

Finished my first playthorugh of Metal Gear Rising two days ago. Absolutley had a blast; the only moot point was the insane boss battle at the end, he was the only frustration I had.

I'm going back through now and collecting stuff I missed, and now that I am super over-powered, it's fun screwing around with Blade Mode.

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1065 rocketfox129
I find Monsoon's and the Senator's boss battles were so over the top that they were hilarious :P
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1066 Prinze

I loved when the Senator yelled "Nanomachines Son!" :lol:

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1067 sfkm2
Once I beat this game, I will trade this game in for Black Ops 2. Yes, I'm serious.
rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1068 rocketfox129

I loved when the Senator yelled "Nanomachines Son!" :lol:

Prinze

Don't forget suddenly being able to throw fireballs for some reason :P

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1069 sfkm2

Towards MGR Game

Next Saturday. I'm getting Black Ops 2! Trading in that game for Black Ops 2. I can't wait. 

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1070 rocketfox129
Played some Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse, it's alright :P
sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1071 sfkm2

Midnight Release is tonight. Now I have to do a study. Because Naruto is also on the same day as Tomb Raider. Will it be weird like Oct 2, 2012.

I will post here and my blog the results.

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1072 Prinze

My special edition for Naruto shipped today from Namco Bandai. According to the UPS tracker, I should receive it Thursday. I'm excited for the two 6" statues and the game soundtrack. :cool:

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1073 sfkm2

I am back.

Results. 

Low count of people for this midnight release compare to Resident Evil 6 and NBA2k13.  I say the naruto fans. I was about to pull out Aizen and just troll them saying, get the game the next day. Uhhhh 2 people only for MLB 2013. Legit people. :lol: Well, I'm about to play Tomb Raider.

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1074 rocketfox129
I think my flatmate's bf may have a point about me being over-leveled in Ni No Kuni when I beat the first fight with Shadar in a few minutes :P
sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1075 sfkm2

People thought I was joking. The game is out my house! And what I get in return?

BLACK OPS 2

*grabs weapon* 

MGO style up in this place, son! 

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1076 Prinze

Working my way through Ultimate Ninja Storm 3's main storyline whilst cheaply "grinding" for Ryo to purchase a bunch of items in-game. I'm glad they removed the tedious collecting of titles and cards towards trophies and completion percentage. In fact, this game has surpising potential to lead to an easy Platinum Trophy.

Story mode is decent, CC2 really stressed storytelling this time around, so there are some massive in-game cutscenes that last 5-15 minutes before a 2-minute battle, and then another 5-15 cutscene.

HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1077 HybridKing
Member since 2012 • 8322 Posts

People thought I was joking. The game is out my house! And what I get in return?

BLACK OPS 2

*grabs weapon* 

MGO style up in this place, son! 

sfkm2
How's the game so far?
sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1078 sfkm2
What a story.
rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1079 rocketfox129

Working my way through Ultimate Ninja Storm 3's main storyline whilst cheaply "grinding" for Ryo to purchase a bunch of items in-game. I'm glad they removed the tedious collecting of titles and cards towards trophies and completion percentage. In fact, this game has surpising potential to lead to an easy Platinum Trophy.

Story mode is decent, CC2 really stressed storytelling this time around, so there are some massive in-game cutscenes that last 5-15 minutes before a 2-minute battle, and then another 5-15 cutscene.

Prinze

My flatmate's bf got it and I've been having a go of it, it's pretty nicely done and I think so far the roster's more balanced out than it was in 2 (I found Minato to be hilariously overpowered in 2). Although I also get the feeling that they shouldn't have bothered with the Generations installment of the series as a considerable part of the roster is just recycled from it. All in all, an enjoyable game though, and the almost Dynasty Warrior like segments of the story are a very interesting turn for the series, it'd be interesting to see Naruto game done like that.

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1080 Prinze

[QUOTE="Prinze"]

rocketfox129

My flatmate's bf got it and I've been having a go of it, it's pretty nicely done and I think so far the roster's more balanced out than it was in 2 (I found Minato to be hilariously overpowered in 2). Although I also get the feeling that they shouldn't have bothered with the Generations installment of the series as a considerable part of the roster is just recycled from it. All in all, an enjoyable game though, and the almost Dynasty Warrior like segments of the story are a very interesting turn for the series, it'd be interesting to see Naruto game done like that.

Yeah I agree, Generations was just a cash in on the series, even though I bought and enjoyed it. I'm impartial on the hack-n-slash sections, they have the One Piece Musou version and that game looks rather uninspired.

Right now, I'm on chapter 4 and am enjoying story mode still. I'm bummed with the fact that they reduced the simple combat combos even more than past installments, there is no left/right joystick combo, and some of the remaining ones have been shortened to speed up gameplay - thus making some of the AI fights I've had feel more cheap when they spam attacks.

Overall I'm enjoying more than Generations. I hope Namco Bandai makes the next installment on next generation hardware.

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1081 rocketfox129
Yeah, it's by no means perfect, but at the same time I think it's been the most enjoyable since the first of the UNS games, partially for the fact I feel the roster in terms of power is better balanced than 2 and Generations did, though it does still have one or two OP characters. :P
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1082 Ebbon_Valentia
Member since 2009 • 12780 Posts
Eh right now since it happens to be my thing at the moment, I've been playing Civilization: Revolution (Basically Civ 5 from the PC) and Borderlands 2.

As for the second one I have always like the look of Borderlands (Both 1 and 2) but I am also trying not to get my hopes up. The first one was fun for casual play, but there was little-to-no real versatility or replayability. For TWO playthroughs, it's just a grind of the exact same story with no unlockable content (Excluding the three extensions that also have TWO playthroughs), extras or even one or two alternate endings. Stuff for a perfectionist who does everything (I think that would be everyone on the first playthrough) or the person who just skips onward leaving some stones unturned, anything character specific or just for what section of your abilities you poured more into or how balanced/unbalanced it was.

Hopefully the sequel to the first one doesn't disappoint so much. Still looks like it was a great idea. Sometimes I look at the skill trees or the like and wonder, "Why this?" or, "Why not that?" and wonder if they're using that as a stepping stone to a third Borderlands (Wonder if they could actually pull a side-adventure thing with some general, extra unique character were planet-hopping and hunting the Sirens; or just where the other Sirens turn out to be bad guys). So long as they don't try to pull one of those end-of-the-universe things by bringing in Sirens as a central plot theme or the like, God-forbid a Highlander approach.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1083 Prinze

Metal Gear Solid 5!!!

I hope they make a PS4 version and not just a PS3 one. I'm trying to limit buying stuff for PS3 since nothing carries over, that's why I'm glad Ubisoft stepped out and stated they are making a PS4 version of the new Assassin's Creed.

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1084 sfkm2

Metal Gear Solid 5!!!

I hope they make a PS4 version and not just a PS3 one. I'm trying to limit buying stuff for PS3 since nothing carries over, that's why I'm glad Ubisoft stepped out and stated they are making a PS4 version of the new Assassin's Creed.

Prinze

Sorry. It probably be later like mid 2014. But it coming to the PS3 will make PS3 strong as ever. 

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1085 rocketfox129
Plus the PS3's hardly going to die off immediately, it'll most likely continue on for a fair while like the PS2 did.
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1086 Ebbon_Valentia

Also my wife is interested in Bioshock Unlimited, although that is something that I'm taking with a grain of salt. It looks nice in the trailer (I've yet to see gameplay and am looking now) but a lot of games LOOK very nice. :P

Also I've found myself getting involved with League of Legends now since it reminds me of Demigod (or the vice versa). :P

And I think I'm going to be installing Civilization IV on my laptop. 

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1087 rocketfox129

Also my wife is interested in Bioshock Unlimited, although that is something that I'm taking with a grain of salt. It looks nice in the trailer (I've yet to see gameplay and am looking now) but a lot of games LOOK very nice. :P

Also I've found myself getting involved with League of Legends now since it reminds me of Demigod (or the vice versa). :P

And I think I'm going to be installing Civilization IV on my laptop. 

Ebbon_Valentia

If you've played the other Bioshocks, then you can expect the same high quality in terms of actual gameplay and story writing (the story in particular I think has been one of the more interesting ones I've seen in a game in quite awhile). And of course, as you say, it's quite pretty. :P

Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1088 Ebbon_Valentia

If you've played the other Bioshocks, then you can expect the same high quality in terms of actual gameplay and story writing (the story in particular I think has been one of the more interesting ones I've seen in a game in quite awhile). And of course, as you say, it's quite pretty. :P rocketfox129

I have and I do admit that the plot is pretty great (Although I'm a bit on the fence for B2). I hope the atmosphere still continues on unabated.

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1089 Prinze

Plus the PS3's hardly going to die off immediately, it'll most likely continue on for a fair while like the PS2 did.rocketfox129

I'm quite confident that the PS3 will hang around for a bit, but with developers' transitioning production cycles, I'm looking to balance one system instead of two.

If indeed the new MGS is current hardware only, then I will make that my last PS3 game.

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1090 rocketfox129

[QUOTE="rocketfox129"]

If you've played the other Bioshocks, then you can expect the same high quality in terms of actual gameplay and story writing (the story in particular I think has been one of the more interesting ones I've seen in a game in quite awhile). And of course, as you say, it's quite pretty. :P Ebbon_Valentia

I have and I do admit that the plot is pretty great (Although I'm a bit on the fence for B2). I hope the atmosphere still continues on unabated.

Well I'll grant I didn't enjoy 2 as much, but still found it well put together all round. But yeah, in my own opinion, Infinite is a very well put together game. Though if you're unsure about it, try renting it first I'd say.

Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1091 Ebbon_Valentia

Well I'll grant I didn't enjoy 2 as much, but still found it well put together all round. But yeah, in my own opinion, Infinite is a very well put together game. Though if you're unsure about it, try renting it first I'd say.

rocketfox129

I usually judge by comparing content videos and gameplay, especially with the bogus release of the latest Alien game. :evil: 

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1092 Prinze
New Army of Two demo is fun. It's not worth full price, but it's a nice cheap thrills shooter. I do miss the bromance of the first two, but thats okay.
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1093 Nightmare-_-
Member since 2006 • 17420 Posts
didn't play much but I beat naruto storm 3 100% while ago. thinking about play cod bo2 again soon.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1094 Prinze
I still need to finish Naruto, I'm on the final chapter but have not been very motivated to finish it for some reason. I hope to get around to it this weekend since I took Friday off from work to kill off some of my accrued Paid Time Off.
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1095 Nightmare-_-
ya know the rate of winning battle having sfkm2 and me on the team 85%!
sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1096 sfkm2
they should have guns all ready instead of unlocking them.
rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1097 rocketfox129
Nearly finished with Ace Attorney Investigations, and played some Poker Night At The Inventory today, since I got a free copy of it with my pre-order of Poker Night 2
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1098 Nightmare-_-

they should have guns all ready instead of unlocking them.sfkm2

agreed..

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1099 rocketfox129
The new prosecutor in Ace Attorney looks like he came out of a Persona game :P
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1100 Prinze
Recently got Far Cry 3. Very impressed so far, I really like how missions can be approached in multiple ways, yet, feel balanced.