Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1001 Nightmare-_-
Member since 2006 • 17420 Posts

I just started playing Borderlands 2; it's TOUGH compared to the first one, granted my weapons and skills are all low level. I feel like more enemies bombard you at once. I can tell that the game really urges you to play with others.

Prinze

I agree. but I still find it amazing.

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#1002 seker456
Member since 2008 • 15052 Posts

i just beat borderlands one even tho i had it since it came out lol. now im playing borderlands 2

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1003 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

Pretty much completed everything within my patience in ACIII. Clocked in at a hair under 70 hours. I must say, the Naval battles that I saved for last has to be the greatest "add-on" to a main game I have ever played.

Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1004 Nightmare-_-

i just beat borderlands one even tho i had it since it came out lol. now im playing borderlands 2

seker456

which system?!

HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1005 HybridKing
Member since 2012 • 8322 Posts

Saw someone die 36 times in Team Deathmatch in BO2. Whats worse is his 36th death wound up becoming my game winning kill :lol:

Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1006 Nightmare-_-
:lol: msg me to hop on cod when I'm on!
HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1007 HybridKing
:lol: msg me to hop on cod when I'm on! Nightmare-_-
Check out my theater when you're on and look for Yemen level. Toggle the stats tracker and watch the poor guy's death count rise :lol:
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1008 Nightmare-_-
oh pity that fool :P
sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1009 sfkm2
Member since 2005 • 67813 Posts
I check out some games for my Spring Christmas. Fuse and Bioshock Infinite looks good. Same goes for Remember Me.
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1010 Nightmare-_-
got ps all star I èll say.. not badd but need improve roster..
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1011 Prinze

Don't know what I want in Spring, probably Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires and Ultimate Ninja Storm 3.

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1012 sfkm2

got ps all star I èll say.. not badd but need improve roster..Nightmare-_-

Needs improvement period. 

HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1013 HybridKing

Don't know what I want in Spring, probably Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires and Ultimate Ninja Storm 3.

Prinze
UNS3 and the Last of Us are my games for next year. Also downloaded Mass Effect, pretty epic game so far.
sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1014 sfkm2
Not buying the collection? All 3 in 1?
rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1015 rocketfox129
Member since 2007 • 30833 Posts

Prinze

I keep forgetting 7 Empires is due out :P And I'm looking forward to UNS3 just to try a bunch of the resurrected characters and a slim hope tha they'll actually balance out the roster again :P

Not buying the collection? All 3 in 1?sfkm2

If over there is like here, then it's actually considerably cheaper buying them all seperate than in the collection

HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1016 HybridKing
Not buying the collection? All 3 in 1?sfkm2
If I do that I won't play the games in order. :P
sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1017 sfkm2

[QUOTE="sfkm2"]Not buying the collection? All 3 in 1?HybridKing
If I do that I won't play the games in order. :P

You can't handle the hype. I know I had to with 2 collections. 

Devil May Cry Collection & Metal Gear Solid Collection

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1018 Prinze

Traded in Borderlands 2 for Playstation All Stars, and it was a very awesome trade indeed, only ended up having to put down about $15 for it. Personally, it was a better trade, I'm having more fun with it than Borderlands.

I'm surprised critics were so harsh with the ratings, many of the "negatives" could be viewed as positives; such as, "every character plays different."

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1019 rocketfox129

I'm surprised critics were so harsh with the ratings, many of the "negatives" could be viewed as positives; such as, "every character plays different."Prinze

This was classed as a negative by critics?

HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1020 HybridKing

[QUOTE="Prinze"]

I'm surprised critics were so harsh with the ratings, many of the "negatives" could be viewed as positives; such as, "every character plays different."rocketfox129

WTF man? XD
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1021 Prinze

[QUOTE="rocketfox129"]

[QUOTE="Prinze"]

I'm surprised critics were so harsh with the ratings, many of the "negatives" could be viewed as positives; such as, "every character plays different."HybridKing

WTF man? XD

Some critics yes, others like IGN, felt it was a good idea. Essentially, the claims are that the combat learning curve is rather steep, so choose your characters wisely, and learn the hell out of him/her.

For example, I play as Raiden, he's fast and is a close combat combo fighter. If I switch to Nathan Drake, it's a combination of some melee as well as distant shooting. Then, if I went to Dante, he's a combination of everything, melee with his swords, and shooting with Ebony and Ivory. Then try to pick up and play as Kratos, who is better at a distance due to his chain blades.

Every character truly feels different, and can lead to frustration. I think that's where it comes from

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1022 rocketfox129

[QUOTE="HybridKing"][QUOTE="rocketfox129"]

[QUOTE="Prinze"]

I'm surprised critics were so harsh with the ratings, many of the "negatives" could be viewed as positives; such as, "every character plays different."Prinze

WTF man? XD

Some critics yes, others like IGN, felt it was a good idea. Essentially, the claims are that the combat learning curve is rather steep, so choose your characters wisely, and learn the hell out of him/her.

For example, I play as Raiden, he's fast and is a close combat combo fighter. If I switch to Nathan Drake, it's a combination of some melee as well as distant shooting. Then, if I went to Dante, he's a combination of everything, melee with his swords, and shooting with Ebony and Ivory. Then try to pick up and play as Kratos, who is better at a distance due to his chain blades.

Every character truly feels different, and can lead to frustration. I think that's where it comes from

But isn't that how a fighting game works? Aren't they essentially complaining that it isn't easy in the respect? Critics these days :P

Personally, I'd agree with the variatian on play styles being a good thing, it'd make for a boring fighting game if everyone played the same

On a side note, of who I got to play while we rented it, I really really liked Toro :P

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1023 Prinze

Yeah it's weird. I'm sure most of the hate is rooted in the fact that it comes off as a Smash Bros. clone, therefore the critics felt inclined to hate on it. You're right, fighting games all have pre-defined characters that are designed to appeal to different people, so I don't understand the hate with the deep fighting mechanics.

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1024 sfkm2

I explain the fighting game situation.

The reason Sony All Stars get so much hate is because there's no HP. Let's compare. Smash Bros have a HP which is % of damage towards your character. You can know if the character is doom to be KO. As for Sony All Stars, it either environment that will KO or a Super. That's it. I need to look if there items in the game.

AS for the Fighting game being easy now. Yes, it is easy now compare to older games. Good example is X-men vs Street Fighter - Marvel vs Capcom 2 and MVC3 - UMVC3.

If you look at the buttons config. for all of them, you can tell the difference. Also, MVC3 - UMVC3 has a simple mode. The same with SF X Tekken. Do you know why people hate that game? Gems. There are gems that should be banned. What's funny is Capcom trying to keep this game alive when they know IT'S DEAD! There's an article. V.2013 SF X T will be out at the end of Jan. If by chance this fails, there won't be anymore updates. Meaning it's DEAD! Wasted money. They should patch UMVC3 than that game. However, I rather Capcom not work with Marvel. Marvel is in la la land for all care. Good example. People wanted Gambit in the game but you put few sorry characters. Ghostrider. He's in probably because of 2nd movie which got a 4.4 by IMDb. Hmmm *smh*

Fighting games today are dying. Because of copycats and so call "pros"  Who to blame? Youtube for one (copycats), bias people, and companies who are fixated on money and not customers.

Tekken Tag 2 looks like a good game but it's not going help me (non tekken fan) on learning the game. All the games that were release in 2008 til today have tutorials. Tekken Tag 2 has one but not the characters. 3D Fighting games are at fault for have a long movelist. Compare that to the 2D Fighting games. Why you think Capcom can just wipe the floor in sales when comes to fighting games. However, that's an opinion since Capcom putting their self in a hole.

Also. The reason Fighting games are easy because they want to bring in new players in the scene which is ruining the genre because we have egos running wild. So if a new player plays uhhh Super Street Fighter Turbo, he/she will get owned. 

I say it like this. The FGC will die and I will not care about it. Only Persona 4 Arena is a legit fighting game. A RPG turning into a Fighting game pwn the rest of the fighting games of 2012. HA! That's funny. So that tells me Capcom, Namco, and all the rest need to take notes. 

2013. Jojo All Stars will owned the fighting game scene unless somebody pulls a surprise. (Capcom vs Snk 3 or Capcom Tag Team Fighting game, New Guilty Gear Game) Oh. Blazblue won't save it. Trust me. 

Ric_Flair.gif

I'm done with this. 

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1025 rocketfox129
I guess it's a good example that ultimately, no matter how much technological know how they inject into it, a critic's review is ultimately just their opinion, since again to me the lack of HP in All Stars is again a good thing, that element and how they work the fights instead is what ultimately allows it to be different enough from Super Smash Bros. whilst being able to keep the same idea at it's heart. If they were to try some HP style system it would come across too much as a SSB clone to me.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1026 Prinze

I guess it's a good example that ultimately, no matter how much technological know how they inject into it, a critic's review is ultimately just their opinion, since again to me the lack of HP in All Stars is again a good thing, that element and how they work the fights instead is what ultimately allows it to be different enough from Super Smash Bros. whilst being able to keep the same idea at it's heart. If they were to try some HP style system it would come across too much as a SSB clone to me.rocketfox129

Yeah I agree, brawls are more chaotic because everyone throws themselves at each other. As long as you're not taken out by a Super, getting thrashed around here and there isn't so bad.

Smash Bros's health system is pretty decent too, it only gets annoying when your HP gets to around 130%, and someone's sneeze sends you flying off the stage.

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1027 rocketfox129

I recently got gifted this on steam by a friend:

It's a collection of some of the early flash games of designer Edmund McMillen, before he found fame in the video gaming world with Super Meat Boy and Binding of Isaac. The collection includes:

• Aether
  • Coil
  • Grey Matter
  • Meat Boy (the prototype version, as opposed to Super Meat Boy itself)
  • Spewer
  • Time Fc uk (apologies GS, but that is the game's title, with that exact spelling :P)
  • Triachnid

So far I've tried Coil, Grey Matter and Triachnid. They're all quite weird games, but really fun and certainly quite creative.

Coil is an odd game that follows a child from conception to birth, with each stage being representative of a child's stage of development, the gameplay involves no clicking or button presses, but requires the player to figure out what exactly to do each stage and what mouse actions are required.

Grey Matter is done like a top-down shooter, with the twist that you're practically the only thing that can't shoot projectiles, instead you kill enemies by ramming your dot thing into the exposed brains of enemies whilst avoiding their bullets or similar, though you get a special ability that killing 3 enemies of the same type creates a triangular area based on the 3 points of the enemies, with any enemies inside the triangle being destroyed, the goal of the game is to simply get through all the stages as difficulty increases. Perhaps best described by Edmund McMillen as an "anti-shooter."

Triachnid is described as a "spider simulator." In it you control the titular Triachnid, a three-legged spider creature, and simply navigate it through levels, most levels requiring you to transport your egg sac through the level without dying. The main twist of the game is it's control mechanism. The Triachnid is navigated by effectively dragging and dropping each individual leg of the creature, which naturally will cling to most surfaces once they contact like a usual spider. There's also numerous Triachnid larva you can find within the game which unlocks achievements and extra bonus content with The Basement Collection.

Naturally, I intend to try all the games eventually, but so far these games are, at their heart, what Edmund McMillen does best: simple yet creative and inventive games of a unique character that you can't help but enjoy.

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1028 seker456
NBA 2k 13 is fun!
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1029 Nightmare-_-

I explain the fighting game situation.

The reason Sony All Stars get so much hate is because there's no HP. Let's compare. Smash Bros have a HP which is % of damage towards your character. You can know if the character is doom to be KO. As for Sony All Stars, it either environment that will KO or a Super. That's it. I need to look if there items in the game.

AS for the Fighting game being easy now. Yes, it is easy now compare to older games. Good example is X-men vs Street Fighter - Marvel vs Capcom 2 and MVC3 - UMVC3.

If you look at the buttons config. for all of them, you can tell the difference. Also, MVC3 - UMVC3 has a simple mode. The same with SF X Tekken. Do you know why people hate that game? Gems. There are gems that should be banned. What's funny is Capcom trying to keep this game alive when they know IT'S DEAD! There's an article. V.2013 SF X T will be out at the end of Jan. If by chance this fails, there won't be anymore updates. Meaning it's DEAD! Wasted money. They should patch UMVC3 than that game. However, I rather Capcom not work with Marvel. Marvel is in la la land for all care. Good example. People wanted Gambit in the game but you put few sorry characters. Ghostrider. He's in probably because of 2nd movie which got a 4.4 by IMDb. Hmmm *smh*

Fighting games today are dying. Because of copycats and so call "pros"  Who to blame? Youtube for one (copycats), bias people, and companies who are fixated on money and not customers.

Tekken Tag 2 looks like a good game but it's not going help me (non tekken fan) on learning the game. All the games that were release in 2008 til today have tutorials. Tekken Tag 2 has one but not the characters. 3D Fighting games are at fault for have a long movelist. Compare that to the 2D Fighting games. Why you think Capcom can just wipe the floor in sales when comes to fighting games. However, that's an opinion since Capcom putting their self in a hole.

Also. The reason Fighting games are easy because they want to bring in new players in the scene which is ruining the genre because we have egos running wild. So if a new player plays uhhh Super Street Fighter Turbo, he/she will get owned. 

I say it like this. The FGC will die and I will not care about it. Only Persona 4 Arena is a legit fighting game. A RPG turning into a Fighting game pwn the rest of the fighting games of 2012. HA! That's funny. So that tells me Capcom, Namco, and all the rest need to take notes. 

2013. Jojo All Stars will owned the fighting game scene unless somebody pulls a surprise. (Capcom vs Snk 3 or Capcom Tag Team Fighting game, New Guilty Gear Game) Oh. Blazblue won't save it. Trust me. 

Ric_Flair.gif

I'm done with this. 

sfkm2

well about tekken tag 2, yeah lots of moves but easy to pull off unlike sf series like Z combo.. I mean comon.. and only bad thing about tekken unblock jujjle combo in air...

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1030 sfkm2
Z combo? Meaning shoryuken?
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1031 Prinze

Hmm, I really want to get my hands on MGR:Revengeance, buuuuuuut, I also want to wait and get the collector's edition of Ultimate Ninja Storm 3...

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1032 rocketfox129
The demo for Rising that came with the ZoE HD Collection was really fun, enjoyed it a good bit than I was expecting to
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1033 Prinze

That's good to hear RF. I just pre-ordered via GameStop today since they have the best "incentives."

Now it's debating if I should purchase Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 via Namco Bandai online for access to the exclusive collector's edition. I feel it's worth the extra $20, plus, it's not big deal having to wait to get the game shipped, it'll give me more time to play Rising.

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1034 rocketfox129

I'm hoping they'll balance out the roster again, 2 and Generations (2 in particular) felt like the roster was fairly unbalanced in terms of power. I mean I know in the lore it should be, but when it comes to a fighting game, characters should generally be balanced. However, I still sorta look forward to seeing how some of the roster additions for 3 will play, especially the various resurrected ninja and the samurai Mifune. :P

And as for Rising, something I'll especially praise is that the zanmato or blade mode Raiden can use to cut almost anything up works very well mid combat and all, so the fighting system is very very comfortable and fluid, everything just sorta feels like it naturally flows together. Plus the story seems like it could be interesting as a bonus.

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1035 seker456
oh yeah ninja storm 3 is coming out in a few months...
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1036 Prinze

Pre-orders officially went live for Ninja Storm 3 today. I bit the bullet and went with the Limited Edition, which is good to know that it's actually limited to 5,000 copies via Namco Bandai.

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1037 sfkm2

Ninja Storm 3 as in Naruto? I pass. I'm waiting for Jojo All Stars. Go read the manga or watch the anime if you want to understand the story.

You can watch Part 3 now because of it the most popular part of the manga. You can either find it through youtube or anime video sites like animenow.com. Part 1 is done through by Jojo Bizarre Adventure 2012. It on Part 2. I hope they go up to Steal Ball Run.

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1038 sfkm2

Finally over! I fix my blue disc problem for the PS2. I can finally play SFEX3 and MVC2.

*starts dancing*

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1039 Prinze

Metal Gear Rising demo is pretty fun, granted it is an older build of the game. Controls are REALLY weird at first, especially since "blocking" is the same button as attacking.

Once you get used to everything, the overall game has a lot of potential. It feels like Ninja Gaiden and Asura's Wrath had a baby.

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1040 rocketfox129

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it myself

Also, whilst at the bf's, I played some Persona 4 while he was doing some class work, since I'd not played a Persona game before. Really quite enjoyed it, annoyed that nowhere where I live stocked it back in the day.

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1041 sfkm2

Pre-order MG Rising: R and Tomb Raider.

Deal with bills and in April I will get Bioshock: Infinite.

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1042 Prinze

I'm enjoying Rising so far, the combat is really rewarding. Plus, it's Metal Gear. :!:

HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1043 HybridKing

Beat the Mass Effect

Final verdict: Mindblown

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1044 sfkm2
I think I will get BO2. You wont believe what convince me......
rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1045 rocketfox129
Bought myself Catherine since a PS3 copy finally turned up in a store here again, and it was actually at a cheap-ish price! Shall be giving it a whirl later on
HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1046 HybridKing
I think I will get BO2. You wont believe what convince me......sfkm2
What convinced you?
sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1047 sfkm2

[QUOTE="sfkm2"]I think I will get BO2. You wont believe what convince me......HybridKing
What convinced you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUpy-NwoiOM

^ Brings the MGO hype in me. It not MGO but the way she was playing. MAN! Brings back memories. I was wild and dangerous in MGO. If I didn't have a gun in my hand, you was going to sleep via CQC.

Then..............

[spoiler] HEAD SHOT [/spoiler]

HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1048 HybridKing

PS4 ANNOUNCED!

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1049 Prinze

VERY excited for the new PS4. Interesting that it launches this year as well.

HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1050 HybridKing

I soooooo want it, the games look amazing