Skyrim Discussion Topic

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts

Skyrim is one of our most anticipated games of the year, and since the game has hundreds of hours of content, we obviously need a discussion topic. Whether you're exploring a dark and violent dungeon, or enjoying the sights of the Tundra populated by Mammoths and other dangerous creatures: Skyrim is a massive world and it's nice to have a place to discuss it.

Current Metacritic Score: 96/100

stephenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2 stephenage
Member since 2007 • 33416 Posts
Few hours in. Adore it.
Avatar image for Uncharted_Baihh
Uncharted_Baihh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Uncharted_Baihh
Member since 2010 • 8510 Posts
Doubth I'll get it! 
siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 siddarthshetty
Member since 2008 • 9463 Posts
I will get it in few days.
Okplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Okplay
Member since 2011 • 614 Posts

Played for half day or so, totally love it.I guess this will be the game which one will bring me back to magical rpg's world.

Btw here she is - Dragon Born Angel .  11.11.11. 11.11. a magical number for magical adventure began.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bugbag

This is possibly the greatest RPG of this generation, I'm currently three hours into Skyrim and it is absolutely incredible: Truly a memorable experience worthy of exploration. I haven't completed a single quest, and that's perfectly fine because the world is so magnificent I'm enjoying exploring the mountains looking for new treasures. They took Oblivion, which was already a amazing RPG and applied improvements to every section of the game.

This definitely has a chance at being my favorite RPG ever made.

@Stephen Have you seen any Mudcrabs? Foul beast!

I ran into a Walrus this morning, and it was hilarious. They're so slow, I didn't even bother killing them.:P

altoids007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 altoids007
Member since 2009 • 15264 Posts
I'll get it one of these days... :(
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#8 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts
I saw a preview of it. Other than the voice acting, I had nothing to complain about. If it's anything like Oblivion or Fallout 3 I shall get it as soon as I earn back the cash I spent on a new PS3.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bugbag

Honesty Doc, this is far better than Oblivion or Fallout 3. This is unquestionably the greatest RPG of the generation, and possibly the greatest ever. Yes, I am enjoying it that much!

I'm 10 hours in, the world is so absorbing. Notice we haven't heard from Stephen?

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 brickdoctor
I actually can believe that it's better than Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas. However, I doubt it'll provide as memorable of an experience as Fallout 3 was my first time. I believe it was stephen that I mentioned this to before, but given my scenario at the time playing through it was something I doubt any game can match. Objectively, it is not as good as any of Bethesda's other RPGs this gen, but personally, Fallout 3 fills a place in my heart that other games don't. That said, Skyrim looks flipping fantastic!
stephenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stephenage
23 hours into this beast. It's incredible. Not a word I throw around lightly.
Avatar image for nintendo_warrio
nintendo_warrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintendo_warrio
Member since 2007 • 21608 Posts

However, I doubt it'll provide as memorable of an experience as Fallout 3 was my first time. I believe it was stephen that I mentioned this to before, but given my scenario at the time playing through it was something I doubt any game can match. Objectively, it is not as good as any of Bethesda's other RPGs this gen, but personally, Fallout 3 fills a place in my heart that other games don't.brickdoctor

It actually occupies a very special place in my heart as well, it was the first game I played in which I was, basically, completely free and could make so many choices, there was so much to do! It was an amazing feeling.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 brickdoctor

[QUOTE="brickdoctor"] However, I doubt it'll provide as memorable of an experience as Fallout 3 was my first time. I believe it was stephen that I mentioned this to before, but given my scenario at the time playing through it was something I doubt any game can match. Objectively, it is not as good as any of Bethesda's other RPGs this gen, but personally, Fallout 3 fills a place in my heart that other games don't.nintendo_warrio

It actually occupies a very special place in my heart as well, it was the first game I played in which I was, basically, completely free and could make so many choices, there was so much to do! It was an amazing feeling.

I was an extremely casual gamer before I played it. Other than Metal Gear Solid 4, the only other games that I had ever played until then were the Ratchet and Clank games and Star Wars Battlefront 2. Not only was it my first open world game, it was also my first RPG, which I had no idea what an RPG was at the time, it was the first post apocalyptic world I've ever explored, it was the first game I ever played that had more freedom than what weapon you used, etc. Other than MGS4, it was the first game I played that had a real, intricate storyline, etc. And I was terrified while playing it. I had no idea what to expect. When I first got out of the Vault I had no idea about city hubs or questlines and just ran strait into the wasteland to get my ass kicked by raiders and hunters who I thought were automatically hostile. When I discovered Megaton, I spent an entire week, literallly 20 hours or so just preparing to leave the city gates and adventure to the Super Duper Mart. I was overwhelmed, amazing, and downright stupified. It was such an incredible and memorable experience that I'd do anything just to experience it again. 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bugbag

I actually can believe that it's better than Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas. However, I doubt it'll provide as memorable of an experience as Fallout 3 was my first time. I believe it was stephen that I mentioned this to before, but given my scenario at the time playing through it was something I doubt any game can match. Objectively, it is not as good as any of Bethesda's other RPGs this gen, but personally, Fallout 3 fills a place in my heart that other games don't. That said, Skyrim looks flipping fantastic!brickdoctor

Skyrim blows Oblivion and Fallout 3 out of the water. I understand how the game felt, but Skyrim is undoubtedly the greatest RPG of this generation, and my favorite ever.

@Stephen It's addictive, eh? I'm 13 or 14 hours in, every second of free-time I have is going to Skyrim.:|

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts
I played 5 or 6 hours yesterday. really liking it. Glad I didnt read about the features before playing it. It is ubber better than Oblivion (Morrowind was better than Olivion) its just too awesome. I've made my way up to Sollitude
naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts
Now i regret buying dark souls. Althought i love it i really should have bought skyrim.
stephenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stephenage
Completed 3 of the factions, and still have done no more in the story :P.
bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bob_toeback

^^ Sweet :P

I plan on buying a house in .. forget the name... lower left hand of the map I believe :P and then I can store stuff in there and explore more

stephenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 stephenage
I have a house, in Whiterun.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bugbag
I have a house, in Whiterun.stephenage
I need 500 more gold, but I haven't played it in two days.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 brickdoctor
Playing Oblivion in preparation for Skyrim. Trying to buy the most expensive house in the game and get all the upgrades, so I've been systematically assassinating everybody in the Imperial City and making return trips to fence all their stuff. About half way there. There's not a single unkillable person left in the Temple and Talos Plaza districts, and anything worth more than two gold that is not nailed down has been taken.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bugbag
Just took down another dragon! That's five down I believe.
bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bob_toeback

I have a house, in Whiterun.stephenage

Sweet, Whitrun is a cool city. Though they are all quite cool :P

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bugbag

Got my house, and all the extras!

The dragons are a good source of money! I'm just hunting them down and taking all their dragon bones so I can successfully buy more houses!:D

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bob_toeback
I need a house so I can drop a bunch of stuff and explore more lol
nintendo_warrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nintendo_warrio
[QUOTE="nintendo_warrio"]

[QUOTE="brickdoctor"] However, I doubt it'll provide as memorable of an experience as Fallout 3 was my first time. I believe it was stephen that I mentioned this to before, but given my scenario at the time playing through it was something I doubt any game can match. Objectively, it is not as good as any of Bethesda's other RPGs this gen, but personally, Fallout 3 fills a place in my heart that other games don't.brickdoctor

I was an extremely casual gamer before I played it. Other than Metal Gear Solid 4, the only other games that I had ever played until then were the Ratchet and Clank games and Star Wars Battlefront 2. Not only was it my first open world game, it was also my first RPG, which I had no idea what an RPG was at the time, it was the first post apocalyptic world I've ever explored, it was the first game I ever played that had more freedom than what weapon you used, etc. Other than MGS4, it was the first game I played that had a real, intricate storyline, etc. And I was terrified while playing it. I had no idea what to expect. When I first got out of the Vault I had no idea about city hubs or questlines and just ran strait into the wasteland to get my ass kicked by raiders and hunters who I thought were automatically hostile. When I discovered Megaton, I spent an entire week, literallly 20 hours or so just preparing to leave the city gates and adventure to the Super Duper Mart. I was overwhelmed, amazing, and downright stupified. It was such an incredible and memorable experience that I'd do anything just to experience it again. 

I wasn't that casual before it, but it still had a very big impact on me. Man, I love that game. Are the DLCs worth getting? 

Playing Oblivion in preparation for Skyrim. Trying to buy the most expensive house in the game and get all the upgrades, so I've been systematically assassinating everybody in the Imperial City and making return trips to fence all their stuff. About half way there. There's not a single unkillable person left in the Temple and Talos Plaza districts, and anything worth more than two gold that is not nailed down has been taken.brickdoctor

That's very admirable :P. 

stephenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 stephenage
4/5 faction sidequests done.
nintendo_warrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendo_warrio
I'm so jealous of you all.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bugbag
4/5 faction sidequests done.stephenage
I'm doing those quest on and off, but right now I'm just getting lost in the magnificent world...
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 brickdoctor

I wasn't that casual before it, but it still had a very big impact on me. Man, I love that game. Are the DLCs worth getting? 

nintendo_warrio

None of the DLCs are as good as the main game. Operation Anchorage and Mothership Zeta are extremely crappy in fact. Though they do provide some good loot. Brotherhood of Steel and Point Lookout however are great as far as DLCs go, though neither match the quality of the main game. Brotherhood of Steel has some of the best combat in the game, raises the level cap, and does a good job at integrating the new content into the main gameworld. The new perks and weapons are also nice. It also makes the world feel more lived in and populated which is both a good and bad thing. It makes it feel like your actions in the main game left a lasting and meaningful impact, but it makes some of the areas in the world feel less desolate and hostile, which detracts from the game's atmosphere. Probably the best of the add ons in my opinion. If you're a hardcore Fallout 3 fan like myself, it'll probably be worth getting.

Point Lookout is the second best because it's the most like Fallout 3. It's the only DLC where the gameworld is open world and you have a decent freedom of choice. There's some good side quests in it as well, and it mixes the post apocalyptic atmosphere with a deep south bayou atmosphere. Also worth the ten dollars for Fallout 3 fans. The Pitt is alright. The story and atmosphere are kind of cool and it's a change of pace, but I wouldn't say it's the most excitement or bang for your buck that you'd get from a DLC. And just stay away from Operation Anchorage and Mothership Zeta. They're just lame excuses to get your hands on some cool gear.

nintendo_warrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nintendo_warrio
I feel like buying them all, can't get enough Fallout.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 brickdoctor

Start out with Brotherhood of Steel and Point Lookout. I suggest stocking up on stimpacks and finding some good armor before going to point lookout though. It can be a bit tough. Also, Operation Anchorage makes you ridiculously overpowered, so you can always start there if worried. Like I said though, Anchorage is lame. Broken Steel and Lookout are the way to go. 

nintendo_warrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nintendo_warrio
Yeah, I'll start with Brotherhood of steel because it raises the level cap, and I am loaded with stimpaks and ammo because I did basically everything on that game :P.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bugbag

Some PS3 copies are apparently having frame rate issues, but I can officially announced that I have not been affected. I'm 30 hours in, and the only time the frame rate gets to about 20 FPS is at Whiterun. Even Riften is running smooth for me.:D

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bob_toeback
hats everyones character look like? Id post a picture, but I dont have it for PC, and getting a picture on the PC would be annoying. Im an Imperial. I've got only one eye (or one eye has a cataract, I like to think its made of glass) got knd short/long hair, and a goatee. looks pretty cool lol
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bugbag
I made a Nord who focuses in archery and dual wielding, who looks like me and is a Nord.:|
bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bob_toeback
rofl thats cool :D Yeah I like archery too and one handed weapons. I like sneak attacking :o
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bugbag

Me too!

Also, where is Stephen? 85% chance he's addicted to Skyrim which is causing him not to visit as often.:|

nintendo_warrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nintendo_warrio
He is Skyriming.
siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 siddarthshetty
Member since 2008 • 9463 Posts
He is learning "fus ro dah".
metalkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 metalkitten
Member since 2004 • 9249 Posts
he wont be back until he finished - never seen him away from the ps3 this long

he only take short breaks to go into forums and say SKYRIM or similar and then poof - gone
bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bob_toeback

on Skyrim right now lol. hes like level 38 or something :|

Im level 14

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bugbag

Im level 14

bob_toeback

I'm 20 I think.:P

nintendo_warrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nintendo_warrio

Im level 14

bob_toeback

You're playing on 360? 

ikhzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ikhzo
Member since 2008 • 23442 Posts
Where did the double post go? :(
nintendo_warrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nintendo_warrio
It was a triple, actually :P. I deleted it.