Metal Gear Rising: Revengence Thread

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts

k

The latest addition to the famed Metal Gear series, developed by Platinum Games, is set for release February 19th. What do you think of this title? Are you excited, or worried that this game may taint the Metal Gear name?

The title released on the Feb. 19th, and it rocks. Gamespot gave this game a 8.5/10.

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kman5507
Member since 2009 • 7902 Posts
The demo was fun. I didn't like the robots too much though.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i might get it
Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kman5507
So how is this game (demo) compared to the rest of the MGS series gameplay wise.
naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts
So how is this game (demo) compared to the rest of the MGS series gameplay wise.Kman5507
TOTALLY DIFFERENT! Most of the other Metal Gear games are action stealth games with long cutscenes and slow paced combat. Rising is the complete opposite, it's balls out action and it's awesome.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts

The demo was fun. I didn't like the robots too much though.Kman5507

Robots have been in MGS for as long as the series has been around. Call me nostalgic, but I would hate if they removed them.

Super excited for Rising, but will not be able to play it for a while.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="Kman5507"]So how is this game (demo) compared to the rest of the MGS series gameplay wise.naju890_963
TOTALLY DIFFERENT! Most of the other Metal Gear games are action stealth games with long cutscenes and slow paced combat. Rising is the complete opposite, it's balls out action and it's awesome.

from what i have seen the game seems awesome
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShadowofSonic
I wrote a huge comment on why I was looking forward to this game, only to have GS delete it.... Here we go again. :x In a nutshell, I feel as though this will be the first Platinum Games title with an engaging storyline, thanks to the Kojima Productions writer. I freaking love Raiden ever since I first played MGS2, so this is a must buy for me, day one.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bugbag

^Raiden got a bad reputation at first. Personally, I loved his character in MGS2, and it was cool to be able to see Snake from a different point of view.

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ShadowofSonic
And in some ways, Raiden was better than Snake.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bugbag

How so?

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ShadowofSonic
As awesome as Snake is, he is very unrelateable in MGS1. If I were him, I certainly wouldn't be keeping my cool. Raiden felt more realistic, more human, and you sympathized with him more because of it.
Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kman5507

I think sometimes its funner to have unrelatable characters and sometimes its funner to have relatable characters.

Look at Master Chief for instance. Can anyone get inside the mind of a genetically augmented supersoldier who was kidnapped as a child and trained to be nothing more than a machine of war? They tried to do it in Halo 4, which made it very akward. It was much funner when you were saving humanity from the universe's greatest threat rather than having an internal struggle.

Then there is Lee from the walking dead game, who you have to relate to because he does whatever you want to. That ending will leave you touched... (not the dirty way)

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShadowofSonic

Metal Gear games get in your head, alright. My mind was perfectly in snic with Old Snake's during that one boss fight, no other game has ever done that to me.

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kman5507
"perfectly in snic" yea a lot of games definitely don't do that :P
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ShadowofSonic
Metal Gear Solid 4 has a psyche meter below your health meter. If Old Snake is getting discouraged, or if you suck at the game, his psyche will go down. In a boss fight in a blizzard, you have to play sniper in one of the longest Metal Gear boss fights. On my first try I couldn't do it, I kept missing and I couldn't find the boss. After spending 20+ minutes failing, I was ready to give up. But, out of a stroke of pure luck, I found the boss and fired a round straight into it's head, doing massive damage. As I'm running around with a new sense of invigoration, I notice Snake's psyche going up quickly as well. Greatest moment ever.
Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kman5507
Too bad I'll never find out how that feels as I don't have a ps3 :cry:
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bugbag

As awesome as Snake is, he is very unrelateable in MGS1. If I were him, I certainly wouldn't be keeping my cool. Raiden felt more realistic, more human, and you sympathized with him more because of it.ShadowofSonic

I find all the MGS characters relateable in some way.

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShadowofSonic
Will you ever get a PS3? :cry:
Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kman5507
Probably not since the ps4 comes out soon. Maybe a ps4 eventually.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ShadowofSonic
You really missed out. :(
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Last_Ride
Probably not since the ps4 comes out soon. Maybe a ps4 eventually.Kman5507
i think the ps3 has been worth it so far, and i am going to wait a little before i get my ps4
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bugbag
I'm going to wait until new games stop coming out for the PS3, catch up on the older games I missed, and then upgrade to a PS4, approximately four years after release.:|
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ShadowofSonic

I am actually in the same boat as Bugbag.

It's a nice boat.... who's the captain?

naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 naju890_963
I think you can play as MGS4 Raiden in MGR.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShadowofSonic

Really?

How?

Costume?

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kman5507
You can play as him in AC II too :P
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bugbag

^I never knew that.

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ShadowofSonic
I knew that already.
Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kman5507
I think it was 2. It might hav been Brotherhood or Revelations :|
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ShadowofSonic
It was Brotherhood.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Last_Ride
i am waiting till i got money and no baklog, then i am going to get this
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bugbag

Predictions for the ratings everyone? I'm expecting a 8.5 from gamespot, 9.0 from IGN.

naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 naju890_963

Really?

How?

Costume?

ShadowofSonic
I think it's story related. You'll be able to play with him before changing to his new armour.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShadowofSonic
Oh, cool. :D
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bugbag
I like the MGS4 armour more.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ShadowofSonic

I say Gamespot gives it a 9.0 or higher.

Gamespot, like myself, has a weakness for Metal Gear games.

Especially if Kevin VanOrd reviews it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_Last_Ride

Predictions for the ratings everyone? I'm expecting a 8.5 from gamespot, 9.0 from IGN.

bugbag
knowing gamespot, i bet they will do a 8.0 maybe 8.5 max. IGN will probably be around 9
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bugbag

I say Gamespot gives it a 9.0 or higher.

Gamespot, like myself, has a weakness for Metal Gear games.

ShadowofSonic

Me too. The story is so powerful it's hard to even judge a single aspect of the games negatively.

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ShadowofSonic

All the websites that gave Metal Gear Solid 4 a perfect score.

Thunderbolt 100 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots will surely set the bar for this generations in terms of quality, and should be the benchmark for a truly great game.

AceGamez 100 A one of a kind masterpiece. I doubt that any game series will ever build up to such a culmination as this one has, with so much thought, effort, and passion put into it. Hideo Kojima set out to move and excite people, to truly make a work of art, and not just a fun videogame. Metal Gear Solid 4 is an accomplishment like no other. All this publication's reviewsPlaystation Official Magazine UK 100 Guns of the Patriots is almost intimidating in the consistent quality of its ideas, invention, and execution...Even by the series' stratospheric standards, MGS4 is a remarkable high point. [June 2008] All this publication's reviewsLevel7.nu 100 As the supposed last entry in the Metal Gear-franchise, this is one major release. Most of the flaws found in previous entries have been removed and the variety in gameplay and weapons is simply immense. The story is told in great part by cinematic video sequences and ingame narrative sequences, and while these are fantastic in many ways they can also become a bit tedious. These flaws are minor though, Metal Gear Solid 4 is a fantastic title in every way and a worthy finale to the franchise. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewTheSixthAxis 100 To review such a game as Metal Gear Solid 4 is like commissioning a blind man to share his opinion on a beautiful oil painting painted by a true artist, it just wouldn't work. The nature of Metal Gear Solid 4 lifts it above such conventional ways of judgement. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewCynamite 100 The comfortable gameplay and brilliant cut scenes make Metal Gear Solid 4 a great stealth shooter. There are only two disadvantages: the story is confusing and the boss fights are not as tactical as before. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewEurogamer Portugal 100 There are errors and flaws that can be pointed. Thing is, no other game manages to awaken such a diverse stream of feelings in its length. It generates hate, pity and even manages to makes us reconsider what we recognise as the current world, in its unbarred race to armament and technology. This is, at the moment, the interactive digital entertainment high point, setting the bar for originality and overall quality. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewVariety 100 Dabblers and newbies will find the convoluted, metaphor-driven storyline as baffling as ever, but the tight controls and unparalleled production values should draw enough of them to make this Playstation 3 exclusive not just a big hit, but a system seller. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewIGN 100 Is it possible to give a game an 11? If so, this would be the game that would merit that score. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a title that exceeds all of the hype that was attached to the title. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewGameSpot 100 For anyone who appreciates games that rise above the simple act of pushing a few buttons and pulling a few triggers, Metal Gear Solid 4 is a stimulating ride that you won't soon forget. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewGame Informer 100 As the crowning achievement of the series' 20-year history, Hideo Kojima's final Metal Gear Solid title may not be what you expect, but it is everything you could hope for in a video game. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewGame Chronicles 100 Every aspect of the game - from the comprehensible storyline to the updated controls, from the white-knuckle character battles to the lengthy cutscenes - it all exudes a certain air of quality. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewPSX Extreme 100 There is no doubt about it, but this is easily the best experience you'll have on the PlayStation 3 to date, simply nothing comes close to MGS4's presentation, story-telling, gameplay, visuals, and sound. The amount of classic homages paid to the previous games, with one in particular, will leave you breathless and, perhaps, emotional. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewKombo 100 Metal Gear Solid 4 is a game that pushes. It pushes the PS3 into beginning to realize its potential. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewZTGameDomain 100 When all is said and done Metal Gear Solid 4 is exactly what the fans wanted for Snake's final mission. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewGamerNode 100 The unconventional approach to delivering a triple-A game by centering the single-player game around more non-interactive elements than interactive is sure to ruffle a few feathers; the viability of different play styles might lead people to believe it's a second-rate third-person shooter; and the emphasis on nanomachines and PMCs, without being preachy, might be too topical for some. Regardless, right now it's one of the best-looking, engaging, and emotionally driven experiences, with the gameplay to match, on the PS3 or any console. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewPTGamers 100 Metal Gear Solid 4 is a game that needs to be experienced, not necessarily something that can be expressed by words. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewGameplayer 100 But at the end of the day, even the most vehement of MGS detractors will put their hand up and admit - Metal Gear Solid 4 is, by far, the most polished combination of presentation and gameplay this generation. It sets a new benchmark in terms of production values, and will blow your tiny little mind to smithereens on more than one occasion. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewConsole Monster 100 There's just moments of absolute genius that make this game probably the best video game I've ever played - and I've played quite a few! All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewMEGamers 100 A true masterpiece that will be revered for years to come like its predecessors, but one that will stand through the tests of time and will still be referred to as perhaps the pinnacle of storytelling in videogames. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewKikizo 100 It's stupid, it's nonsensical, it's over the top, it's full of awful dialogue, it demands long sittings and it hasn't changed much from the first game ten years ago. But then, it's Metal Gear Solid, so who cares? It's undeniably brilliant, captivating, exciting and downright fantastic, definitely worthy of at least a few furrowed brows throughout the experience. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewBigPond GameArena 100 A hardcore gamer's game, and it makes absolutely no concessions otherwise. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewPlaystation Universe 100 One of the most rewarding videogame experiences of the decade. Absolutely essentially, regardless whether you are a fan or not. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewG4 TV 100 While debate will no doubt rage over the story and its outcomes, there really isn't a single wrong move in the gameplay sections. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewPlaystation: The Official Magazine (US) 100 If you come to the game with no prior MGS knowledge, you'll still uncover one of the most absorbing stories ever told. [July 2008, p.38] All this publication's reviewsGiant Bomb 100 None of the game's minor blemishes are enough to detract from its massive overall impact. It's the surprising entertainment value of the action, the mind-blowing visuals, and the completeness of the story's conclusion that make this last installment so satisfying. Metal Gear Solid 4's positive qualities make it one of the most significant game releases of this generation, and anyone with an appreciation for the evolving form of the medium would do well to play it from start to finish. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewGaming Age 100 Kojima wrapped everything up in a nice little bow and gave it to us as a parting gift. Your questions get answered, your heartstrings get pulled, your mind gets blown, and you finally get the closure you've spent the last two decades earning. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewGame Revolution 100 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the best in the series, the best in its genre, and the best game on the PS3. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewGameShark 100 To be certain, this is the penultimate hardcore game. While it introduces a number of innovations, its core remains in tune with classic console gaming. All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewGamePro 100 The Playstation 3 finally gets its "savior", Kojima gets his masterpiece, and gamers get one of the best games of all time. [July 2008, p.72] All this publication's reviewsRead full reviewHardcore Gamer Magazine 100 Metal Gear Solid 4 is by far one of the best games released so far this year.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Last_Ride
Why did you post that :P?
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points