DEMO NOW AVAILABLE (PSN, XBL, PC)Overview
Welcome to the Mass Effect 3 thread. Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines (Reapers) have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back Earth.
ME3 will continue the storyline of Commander Shepard and will have the option to import your character from ME1 & ME2. This will affect ME3 throughout the game to various effects. Your actions in the previous games will all build the final conclusion of the trilogy.
Info (No Spoilers)
-The game will by default feature a "previously on Mass Effect" comic to make decisions with if starting from scratch.
-The RPG elements are being beefed up, not going back to ME1, but giving more freedom with the character skills. Skill trees will be larger, and powers will evolve several times instead of just once, offering even more freedom. Weapons are ME2 st.yle with a set list, but mods make a return, not in the ME1 styl.e but allowing you to swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes, and so on, which effect both the weapon's combat performance and its appearance.
-All c.lasss can wield all weapons unhindered now, but will have limited slots to carry them. Only the Soldier can carry all weapons at once. Probably means Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will be limited to two, and Vanguard and Infiltrator will have three.
-The Normandy in ME3 will look new and different. It was stripped down and rebuilt.
- The game will have numerous endings, some good, some bad, and who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit can have a drastic effect on which are available.
- There will be a New Game plus
- Advanced cover system, ladders and more agile options are added in ME3.
- Better AI in combat - When an enemy dies, Shepard will be able to pick up and used dropped weapons.
- Melee Combat: Each c.lass has a unique Melee attack.
- Ambassador Udina
- Ashley Williams
- Captain David Anderson
- Captain Kirrahe
- Conrad Verner
- Jacob Taylor
- James Sanders
- Kaiden Alenko
- Kelly Chambers
- Liara T'Soni
- Miranda Lawson
- Mordin Solus
- Thane Krios
- The Elusive Man
- Zaeed Massani
- James Vega
- Kai Leng
- Diana Allers
What about multiplayer?
Mass Effect 3 will feature a 4 player co-op multiplayer mode called Galaxy at War. Here are some facts about Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.
- Activities include fighting off enemy waves and capturing enemy areas
- You will be able to play as different alien races like Asari, Turians,Krogans and Drell, and more races and characters will be available as DLC
- Multiplayer will affect the outcome of your singleplayer game. Your "Galactic Readiness" rating will determine the outcome of the final fight against the Reapers, though playing the multiplayer is not at all necessary to completing the single player story..
- Multiplayer will have its own XP trees and armor customization
- You can build as many characters as you want
- Multiplayer is online only
- There is no friendly fire
- Character c.lasses include Vanguard, Soldier, Sentinel and Infiltrator
- It requires an Online Pass, included with all new copies of Mass Effect 3.
Galaxy at War is a strategic mode that involves managing resources in the war against the Reapers. Multiplayer co-op mode, a Facebook tie-in and the Mass Effect Infiltrator iOS app will provide ways to interface with Galaxy at War.The "War Assets" you collect in Galaxy at War directly affect the outcome single-player campaign. Galaxy at War measures Shepard's "Galactic Readiness" level, affecting the outcome of the final battle against the Reapers. It requires an Online Pass, included with all new copies of Mass Effect 3. Playing Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War is optional. Although the system can affect the single-player campaign of Mass Effect 3, it can be ignored and the same results can be achieved by playing only the single-player campaign.
Bioware Mass Effect YouTube channel