Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

according to 343 they said they did a lot of mistakes with it

Link

The_Last_Ride

It's strange because six months ago prior to Halo 4's release I made the claim 343 would say this exact thing to HYPE up their next Halo.

It's really spooky, but really goes to show how predictable PR is.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

Link

SolidTy

It's strange because six months ago prior to Halo 4's release I made the claim 343 would say this exact thing to HYPE up their next Halo.

Hey, SolidTy! Aren't you that guy with all those platinums?:P

I read about this. I thought about annoying Kman with it but decided not to.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

Link

bugbag

Hey, SolidTy! Aren't you that guy with all those platinums?:P

Yeah, I guess I have a few...lol. :cool:

I also am the guy with all those achievements in others circles. :P

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bugbag

83 platinums!? You're like Ethan in the future!:o

Do you know where you would rank on the list of most trophies?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidTy

bugbag

No, I have no idea. To be honest, I play too much other systems to compete with those hardcore guys that only play one machine. They have a big advantage over me. :(

I could easily double my figures if I sold my other machines and just concentrated Super Saiyan styIe on the PS3 or 360, but I have too many buddies across machines to do that. :( If only it were more simple. :P I just recently got a Wii U, but thankfully there is no achievement trophy system there, so I can relax a little bit when I play those games.:lol:

Plus, I have this knack of playing classic games that net me zero trophies as well. Recently, I went through and played the RE games 1-3 for PSOne with a friend who never played them.

I also replay games I got 100% in, just for the MP. MvC2 I was playing the other night for instance. :P

BTW : Who's Ethan in the future? Is that a show or a poster here?!

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bugbag

Ethan is Uncharted_Baihh, a member here who has over 40 platinums.

I only have three. Honesty, I don't know how you could get that many. Which of your platinums would you consider the most difficult?

Edit: Also, how do you like the Wii U?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidTy

Ethan is Uncharted_Baihh, a member here who has over 40 platinums.

I only have three. Honesty, I don't know how you could get that many. Which of your platinums would you consider the most difficult?

Edit: Also, how do you like the Wii U?

bugbag

Ah, I see! :P

I play games on the hardest setting as much as possible. I'm an old-school gamer, so imo games this generation are super easy. So, on the harder settings they sometimes are still easy, but it allows me to not have to replay the game to get 100% aka Platinum/1000 gamerscore. So, when you pop a game in, and it asks you difficulty, that's what I recommend to trophy hunters. If games seem hard, then don't do it though! :D No point in sucking the fun out if it seems to hard. It's all a matter of what people feel is fun, most def.

As far as tough ones....that's hard because I have a mix of games I beat that were tough across PC, 360, PSP, DS, GBA, PS2, PS3, etc coming to mind. Maximo for PS2 was super hard, if you completed it perfectly (four kisses).

If had can remember a specific tough PS3 memory, it probably was Uncharted 1 perhaps?

InFamous 1 as well. It was hard, it's just that people stop on one particular trophy which is collecting all the shards.

I don't think any particular game is hard per se, it's more like how much time are YOU willing to invest? That's where people collapse.

Ooh. MvC2 getting 100%. That was tough because of a single trophy. The trophy required me to beat the other users 50 times without losing a character or trading or something like that. Problem was, it was humiliating to the other player, so they always quit. What happened is I ended up having to play close to 200 games with that qualifier to get that trophy to get 100%. I hate online trophies because you get jack s*** if people quit.

I ended up doing that all over again on 360, getting of course 100% again. I didn't get a Platinum for it though, since the game was $15. :( There's others, but yeah... :P

The Wii U is going to be my N64, GC, and Wii for the upcoming generation. It's going to be only for exclusives. So far, the only quality exclusives I own are Nintendoland and New Super Mario U. Both are decent, but for different reasons. NintendoLand is the "Wii Sports" kind of game for the Wii U. It's packed in, it's fun in short doses for parties. New Super Mario is exactly what you expect. Neither are online and both are only 720p. I'm not a fan of a few decisions Nintendo made, but they always do things differently than I hope. :P

I'm waiting for this Summers 2013 Pikmin 3, and Kamiya's Wonderful 101 due this Spring. Then, after that it's a blank slate.

I like it okay, but I think it was overpriced.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bugbag

I played Maximo... It was quite bad from what I remember. I just didn't like the style of it.

I hate the idea of quitting in a online match. I think I'm above average in skill level when it comes to gaming, and if I was to meet someone who could crush me I'd want to battle them. Challenges are exciting.

I agree, games have gotten ridiculously easy lately. Have you played Dark Souls? That's the only really difficult game from this generation that I've played.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidTy

I played Maximo... It was quite bad from what I remember. I just didn't like the style of it.

I hate the idea of quitting in a online match. I think I'm above average in skill level when it comes to gaming, and if I was to meet someone who could crush me I'd want to battle them. Challenges are exciting.

I agree, games have gotten ridiculously easy lately. Have you played Dark Souls? That's the only really difficult game from this generation that I've played.

bugbag

This Maximo game (85/100 gameranking score)? It got great scores and it was a Capcom game back when Capcom was good. I loved that game, it was hard though so I can see many people being turned off by it. It was a platformer, so I could also see people not interested in that genre not digging it. It was hard because it was a spiritual successor to the very tough Ghosts and Goblins games and Ghouls and Ghosts games. :P What made it extra tough was not choosing powers after you beat a boss, but choosing the kiss. My god, they had a bad ass secret in that game I'll never forget. :D

Dark Souls and Demon's Souls come from the old days. Precursors the the King's Field games, which I owned those. So, I wouldn't say they are hard, but they are hard in comparison to modern games. They actually are fine if you take your time, grind and level up. The hard part is because of being a low level against a high level enemy. They actually are in line with what I was expecting in a game. I still have work to do on both of those titles to get 100%. They are very time consuming, as grinding to level up bores me. :P

Here's a fun article on tough games from 2005 IGN, see if you played any of these (Maximo is on the list by the way). I own all and beat all on this list except for Alien Hominid. I never got around to finding that one back then. :P

You have a great attitude on gamers that are better. That's the best way to get better it to keep playing them. That's how I look at it as well. :P I never rage quit in my life.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bugbag

I'll go back to Maximo later this month, maybe I missed something.:P And I do remember it being quite hard, it will be defeated!

I haven't played any of those games, although I did play the first Devil May Cry. I still consider the most difficult games to be those old PS1 titles that have broken controls. So many of them defeated me, and still to this day I have not finished them. Well that's going to change this year!:twisted:

naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts

bugbag
Where's Ethan anyway?
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bugbag

[QUOTE="bugbag"]

naju890_963

Where's Ethan anyway?

Probably playing golf!:D

I wonder what happened to SuperGohan???

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 Kman5507
Member since 2009 • 7902 Posts

bugbag

:| 

It is true that they made a lot of mistakes. I won't lie. But it is also true that it makes up for it. 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bugbag

I wanted to bring up Halo 4's graphics... I think it may be the most graphically impressive game on 360, wouldn't you agree?

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kman5507
On consoles.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#17 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i might try to buy the four games when they get cheap and give them another go, but not now
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bugbag

On consoles.Kman5507
I don't know if it beats Crysis 2 and Uncharted 3.:P

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kman5507

[QUOTE="Kman5507"]On consoles.bugbag

Thats because you haven't played it. :P

I know its better than UC3, but I've never seen Crysis. 

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kman5507

i might try to buy the four games when they get cheap and give them another go, but not nowThe_Last_Ride

So this whole time you have been judging them without ever owning a single one? :roll:
:P 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bugbag

[QUOTE="bugbag"]

[QUOTE="Kman5507"]On consoles.Kman5507

Thats because you haven't played it. :P

I know its better than UC3, but I've never seen Crysis.

In a texture side-by-side comparison, Halo 4 might compare, but what makes Uncharted 3 so graphically impressive is the various effects it pulls off flawlessly. I doubt Halo 4 compares in water, sand or even lightning effects, and I don't suspect the animation is as good either. However, in an age where the modern generation hardware is being pushed to it's limits, it is difficult to judge games when it comes to graphics. Besides, Journey looks better than any of them.:P (in my opinion)

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kman5507

*looks up UC3 gameplay*

Um... Bug. I think your fanboyism is getting the better of you. You sure you aren't comparing it to reach? This is Halo 4- http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/10/halo-4-spartan-ops-episodes-6-10-trailer

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bugbag

I'm not a fanboy.:P

You know, we need someone who has played both games. Do you know of anyone? And did you check out Crysis 2?:P

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kman5507

You didn't watch the video did you? :P 

Yes. Crisis looked nice. I can't really compare them because they had completely different environments.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bugbag

You didn't watch the video did you? :P

Yes. Crisis looked nice. I can't really compare them because they had completely different environments.

Kman5507

I was trying to avoid this because of Sonic, but my internet has trouble loading videos as I have mentioned before. And either way, I've seen a level from Halo 4.

I don't really think Uncharted 3 and Halo look alike, I actually think Crysis 2 has more in common. Did you see the opening level? The lightning effects are memorizing.

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kman5507
Th lighting effects are so good in Halo 4 that its annoying! Yea they're that good :P
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bugbag

The best attention to detail I've ever seen walks over Uncharted 3, Halo 4 and even Crysis 2, and that's Human Revolution. Have you ever seen scenes from that?:o

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kman5507

No :|

I think the best graphics ever  are from the original Super Mario Bros. They aren't the most realistic, but they certaintly are the best.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bugbag

I did love the colourful look of Super Mario.:P

You should play Human Revolution, it's amazing.

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kman5507
Whats it about? Whats it play like?
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bugbag

Read my review!:D

http://www.gamespot.com/deus-ex-human-revolution/user-reviews/776777/platform/ps3/

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kman5507
I'm tired of shooters and I hate most 3rd person shooters aside from StarWars BF
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bugbag

It's more of a sneaking game, and the only time you use the third person view is when you take cover.

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kman5507

But you wrote that it was a third person shooter in your review! :x

If it plays anything like GOW/ME3/RE6 I'm not interested. They're all bad... except ME 3 was only bad because I wasn't used to it yet... and GOW was only bad because it was EXTREMELY repetitive and the story is horrible and disguisting... and RE6 was only bad because... well that was really bad...almost as bad as gears. I might give ME another shot one day though...

What were we talking about? :P 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bugbag

I did say it translates from first-person to third-person when you take cover, but I guess I didn't overstate it enough. That review is over a year old anyway, I've improved since then.

Out of the games you named it would be the closest to Mass Effect. I recommend watching a video of the opening level though, you should be able to get a good idea of what the game is like.

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kman5507

The change from 3rd to 1st person were a bit less than subtle...

It looks kinda fun, but the guy I saw playing didn't shoot anything so I don't know if it actually would be. The graphics looked amazing except for the people, but that was the PC version, so I don't know if they look as good on consoles :P 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bugbag

I know, but that was my first good review, and I have improved since then.:P

Trust me, the game is absolutely amazing. The attention to detail is unlike any other game, the gameplay is good enough, but the story is just... There is no word for it really. The game will give you about thirty hours worth of gameplay, you really won't be losing much if you buy a copy. Also, check out the soundtrack if you get a chance. It was the best soundtrack from 2012 in my opinion.

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kman5507

To be honest, I just skimmed over most of the review. :P

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bugbag

To be honest, I just skimmed over most of the review. :P

Kman5507

Was it that bad?:P

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kman5507
I was just too lazy :P
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidTy

I'm not a fanboy.:P

You know, we need someone who has played both games. Do you know of anyone? And did you check out Crysis 2?:P

bugbag

I own all these games :) (I wasn't going to post because I have no desire in arguing but figured I would lay down my experience), Halo 4 is a great looking Halo game, but GeoW 2/3 outperform it graphically. The nice parts in between, the cinemas are nice, but the actual gameplay is slightly better than Reach. Best looking console games are GeoW1-3, Uncharted 2, GOW3, and Killzone 2/3 from the heavy playtime I've put in.

Currently I'm way past General rank in Halo Reach, I'm past Lv. 50 in Halo 4, and I own all the Halo games since they first started. I owned and still own two Collector Editions Xbox's from last generation, and I've been a XBL member since the beginning. I own two 360's since launch, I would own more 360, but RROD got in the way. :cry:

Halo 4, great looking game, best looking Halo game yet...doesn't stand above GeoW3/GOW3/KZ3/Uncharted 2.

Shouts out to MGS4 and Final Fantasy 13 (PS3 version of course, it's unfortunate how bad the 360 port was handed, as usually multiplats look quite nice on 360).

My experience is based on 1080p 50+ inch 600hz Plasmas and 240hz LED HDTV's I own in my home, along with a 7.1 Denon Surround Sound AVR. I go all out, and let the software speak to me. :cool: When comparing it's important to have the right equipment. Sometimes people approach these things with 720p screens or 1080 at a mere 60hz-120hz (ew).

I am not comparing Demos (early versions, not finished games), I'm not comparing games I played at a friends house, I'm not comparing screenshots or low resolution Youtube or game site videos. I'm not comparing my time at a walmart or gamestop kiosk. I'm not comparing with machines I don't own. I'm not comparing machines I borrowed (and therefore allowing a fanboy bias against one machine play against the machine I own, as I own them all).

I'm comparing my experience though the entirety of these games, as I bought them all day one at launches. I own all these machines, which I also bought at launches, like last generation. I have my Xbox 720 and PS4 money ready. I have two Wii Us. I'm only comparing games I own and completed on machines I own. I own four PCs that best consoles, so I'm not involving them either.

IMO, God Of War 3 was very, very impressive as a console game, but it did have some inconsistent frame rates from time to time whereas Uncharted 2 didn't and overall was very smooth. Gears of War 2/3 especially had great texture work, and Killzone often is forgotten about, but all I have to do is pop it in my setup to remind me how gorgeous that game is, even if I didn't enjoy the MP as much as Halos. We aren't talking gameplay here though. :P

I'm not bragging, I'm laying down the foundation for any questions that could have come up on how I drew my conclusions.

---------

Personal sidenote : 343 dropped the ball as far as they are concerned in the OPs link. Also, the main Halo games (Halo 1, 2, 3, & Reach) were all developed by Bungie and were granted AAA metacritic honors. Unfortunately, Halo 4 did not hit the AAA mark. It's AA. There was a big brew haha about this from 343 themselves awhile back. Longstory short, I'm looking forward to the next installment, but Halo 4 didn't wow me overall in the gameplay dept as it should have for a Huge franchise and as a longtime fan.

There are many aspects to Reach that I enjoyed in MP over Halo 4. It's still fun, but I can see why the majority of the world's critics rank the game as a 87/100 metascore. It was the developers first time, so they have room to improve. I have met and know hardcore Halo fanboys that are hugely upset with the game, I'm not one of them. I've also met extreme hardcore Halo Fanboys that love this game, and will love any game with the words Halo on it (It's using Bungie's work, their engine, their foundation, etc). It was always going to be good, the question was how great was it going to be. Imo, it missed the mark, and my opinion is shared by the majority of the world's critics and 343 themselves who gave us the PR this thread is about.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bugbag

^If you read the above post in the voice of J.C. Denton from Deus Ex it sounds really epic.:P

I personally don't care about graphics too much, I just wanted to clear that up before continuing.:P

So you think Uncharted 2 looks better than Uncharted 3? I am very happy to hear this, since I agree. I think technically Uncharted 3 was more impressive, but Uncharted 2 just leaves a stronger impression and also has more beautiful environments, like that gorgeous snow cave.

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kman5507

Whats the difference between AA and AAA? I never figured that out :P

I think my biggest complaint about h4 was how they made Cortana and Chief like a couple. I never understood that part :?

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bugbag

I think my biggest complaint about h4 was how they made Cortana and Chief like a couple. I never understood that part :?

Kman5507

I think AAA is 9.0-10, while AA is more of 8.0-9.0, but I'm probably wrong.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidTy

Kman5507

Yeah, they sexified Cortana right in the beginning which made me wonder WTF?!, and the whole thing between them was kind of creepy and wierd.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidTy

[QUOTE="Kman5507"]

bugbag

I think AAA is 9.0-10, while AA is more of 8.0-9.0, but I'm probably wrong.

That's exactly right, in terms of critics/reviews which was what I was exactly talking about.:P

343 strived and tried very hard to achieve a AAA metascore as Bungie did with the four previous main Halo titles, and in fact achieving a 90+ metascore was a huge goal marker for 343. Unfortunately, they couldn't hit that goal. Here's one such article of many about the subject, written before the reviews poured in. The tricky thing about meta is that reviews take a few weeks to a month to pour in, so you have to wait and let the tallys come in before knowing how it will all break down.

343 :

Id be hard pressed to buy a 60-rated game, said Josh Holmes, Halo 4s creative director. Anything below 75thats the kiss of death.

Bonnie Ross, head of 343 Industries has had Metacritic on her mind more than a few times in recent months. She has asked her team a couple of times in various meetings whether they could deliver a 90-plus quality game, referring to the score. Its make or break, she said.

Chris Lee, Halos lead producer, said making Halo meet that90-plus standard has been hard.

Weve had to build a studio, hit a release date we have to hit, make sure we maintain the legacy of one of the most successful console franchises of all time and drive innovation and push the boundaries of a game experience, he said. We need to make sure were 90-plus and we have to do what we need to get there.

One way 343 Industries is trying to ensure Halos quality is by throwing a lot of people at the problem. The headcount of the team making Halo 4 tops 340, more than three-times the industry average."

-----------

There is another way to talk about AAA development though as opposed to critics/reviews/ratings, and that's any AAA title would be something in the millions of dollars to create, with hundreds of people working on a project. That's the development side though, not to be confused with the critics side, which is what I was talking about before. :P

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SolidTy

^If you read the above post in the voice of J.C. Denton from Deus Ex it sounds really epic.:P

I personally don't care about graphics too much, I just wanted to clear that up before continuing.:P

So you think Uncharted 2 looks better than Uncharted 3? I am very happy to hear this, since I agree. I think technically Uncharted 3 was more impressive, but Uncharted 2 just leaves a stronger impression and also has more beautiful environments, like that gorgeous snow cave.

bugbag

I thought Uncharted 3 was gorgeous, but in all fairness I left it out because I didn't complete it. :P Based on what I played, yes, it's a sharp looker, but I wanted to be fair so I put it aside. I own it though, I need to get back to it.

So MANY GAMES, so little time... :PMy backlog includes some great games, which is why I cut out demos last year. Factor in my addiction to games like FTL, doesn't make things any easier. :P

EDIT : JC Denton is BA! :P I love that game.

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kman5507
Its kind of funny how when you first play something it seems so much better. I remember thinking it was the best halo ever... and then the hype died down. Its still good. Just not on par with halos 1-3.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bugbag

[QUOTE="bugbag"]

SolidTy

I thought Uncharted 3 was gorgeous, but in all fairness I left it out because I didn't complete it. :P Based on what I played, yes, it's a sharp looker, but I wanted to be fair so I put it aside. I own it though, I need to get back to it.

So MANY GAMES, so little time... :PMy backlog includes some great games, which is why I cut out demos last year. Factor in my addiction to games like FTL, doesn't make things any easier. :P

Did you ever see J.C. play Halo Life? It's a hilarious video.:P

You should finish Uncharted 3. I had nothing to do on the day of release so I played through it in one go... Probably the longest I've played a game without a break. Uncharted 2 is superior, but Uncharted 3 is a worthy sequel, and highly addictive.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="bugbag"]

bugbag

Did you ever see J.C. play Halo Life? It's a hilarious video.:P

You should finish Uncharted 3. I had nothing to do on the day of release so I played through it in one go... Probably the longest I've played a game without a break. Uncharted 2 is superior, but Uncharted 3 is a worthy sequel, and highly addictive.

I promised myself and my lady that I was going to finish it before The Last of Us released, so I have to get on it! :o

No, I never did see J.C. play Halo Life, I just am an oldschool fan of Deus Ex. :cool: <----- Denton Emoticon:idea:

Up, UP, and AWAY to Youtube... :P