This topic is locked from further discussion.

supergohan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 supergohan1
Member since 2006 • 9554 Posts

Today we have another 2 rivals in the gaming industry, these two have also shared a couple of games together, I'm sure you'll recognize them ;)

Crash of the Titans

Crash of the Titans: This Crash game brought a new gameplay engine to the Crash Bandiccot franchise, not only does Crash spin and slide hios enemies, but he also has his own melee set of combos and a few crobatics... Not that you'll use them that much though. For the most part of this game, you shall be using another new gameplay mechaniuc called hacking, this will allow you to take control of the giant mutants who now infest Wumpa island, hence the name, Crash of the Titans.

The gameplay doesn't go incredibly deep, but each of the different titan species has it's own unique atacks, usualy with the square button beig used for melee and the x for a special technique, the triangle button is then left for the smash attacks, but before you can use these titans to your advantage, you must first daze them, this is done by attacking them until the star metre above their heads is full, however, soe titans are just too big and powerful for Crash to hack alone, so sometimes, you do have to use some strateorgy by hacking smaller titans and working your way up to the bug guns. However, Crash still has his own upgradeable abilities this time around, during the course of the game, you'll collect a new substance called mojo, after you recieve enough of this, Crash will recieve an ability upgrade.

As for the story, it's great, all the humor is still there, however, it differs from previous Crash games, all the characters have recieved a make over and so have their personalities... Crash is still as empty headed as ever, but there does seem to be some intelligence in his noggin now, even though it is to a small degree. But thats how we like him!! However, some characters have recieved drastic changes, such as Tiny the Tiger... In previous games, he was a fierce boss with no mercy... But now, he prefers to take to the side lines and watch his minions fight for him and when they're beaten, he soon forgets about killing you and gladly helps you.

There is also cooperative play, however, this is difficult to use due to the new camera which is constantly behind player 1, so player 2 could spend some time off screen. All in all, this is a pretty good Crash game, it's fresh and new, but if you loved the old Crash just the way he was, this is probally not for you.

VS

The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning

The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning: Just like Crash, Spyro has been in for a reboot. His story is now a more serious one where he is the Legendary purple Dragon of Legend who will save the world from The Dark Master and did i mention, Sparx is now a loud mouthed comedic side kick, who would've thunk? Now even though the story has changed quite a bit, the gameplay hasn't, although there is a new melee system added which allows you to create a few combos, although it's not as vast as it first seems. Either way Spyro also has 4 different breath attacks. Fire, Electricity, Ice and Earth, each one has it's own uses for defeatingenemies and solving puzzles during the gameplay.

Now, you could be forgiven for getting a lord of the Rings feeling from this game due to the Darker medieval sort of plot with wars for the world going on and such, but what really feeds to that feel will be the voice talents of Elijah Wods, the actor who plays frodo during Lord of the Rings, he has lent his voice for Spyro and does a superb job as well as the other voice actors, although, sometimes you'll notice they speak a little quietly, now this isn't too bad for the most part, but when the music for the game is louder than the characters speech, it can be frustrating trying to listen in on whats going on.

Just like previous Spyro games, you will be collecting gems, but for a new reason, Spyro no longer depends on Sparx for protection... It seems our brave little dragon fly has become a little fed up of taking hits for our purple dragon, but Spyro now has a Health gauge which will refill as you collect the red gems, the green gems will refill your breath metre (yes, the breath is no longer unlimited) and the blue gems fill your experience bar, this experience can be traded in to upgrade your breaths to higher levels, which is very useful later on in the game. However, just like Crash, this is no longer the same Spyro, so if you liked spyro the way he was before this reboot of the series and can't bare to see him any differently, this game may not be for you.

ShadowVari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 ShadowVari
Member since 2008 • 5173 Posts

Ugh...I can't vote for either.

I'm sorry but I'm a fan of Crash and Spyro before they were ditched by their creators :(

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts

Spyro, Because I don't like the wii.

RoseFlambe169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 RoseFlambe169
Member since 2009 • 11700 Posts
Yeah, they really messed up Spyro after the first few games, but I hate crash a lot more so...
ShadowVari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 ShadowVari
Member since 2008 • 5173 Posts

Spyro, Because I don't like the wii.

bugbag
They're both multiplatform.
2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 2chimcha3
Member since 2009 • 281 Posts
trust me, crash is way better and i played the game. spyro bores me. i played one of his games b4 and i got bored easy. Crash got the good games.
RoseFlambe169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RoseFlambe169
Well, Crash also happens to be one of my PTSD games. I suppose that might have something to do with it. Ugh, twins...
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#8 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts
Ugh! They both suck! But if it was a battle between Crash PS1 and Spyro PS1 it would be interesting.
RoseFlambe169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RoseFlambe169
I remember playing my first Spyro game. Actually the first game I ever touched, at my cousin's. It was on the GameCube, and I was so fascinated, because I'd never seen a video game before in my life. Of course, I didn't actually figure out what a video game was until 5 years later anyways... Yah, but it was so cool! She wouldn't let me out of the safe area, but she let me run around and knock over sheep, then I got to watch her do a boss battle. ^_^
FeltLyner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 FeltLyner
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts
I vote for Crash;)
supergohan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points