PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

How many here go for collectors editions ? What goodies make you go for them ? Art books, steel cases, statues, making of DVDs, etc ?

Myself I tend to if the extras are physical things like steel cases and statues. I used to mount them on display  in my gaming room. DLC and software goodies are turn offs for me.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I get it for the games i like. Like SWTOR, Tomb Raider, AC 3 and Forza 4
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts

Shockingly, I have never gotten a Collector's Edition game.:o

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Last_Ride
I think i might get the Watch Dogs. It has a sweet statue
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PublicNuisance

I think i might get the Watch Dogs. It has a sweet statueThe_Last_Ride

Yeah the statue is what prompted me to preorder the Watch Dogs CE. I just hope I can pull together the $130 for it by November and I would be estatic if I could upgrade my graphics card before buying it.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bugbag
I just hope it isn't too much of a downgrade on PS3.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I think i might get the Watch Dogs. It has a sweet statuePublicNuisance

Yeah the statue is what prompted me to preorder the Watch Dogs CE. I just hope I can pull together the $130 for it by November and I would be estatic if I could upgrade my graphics card before buying it.

Yeah i preordered that one with the statue, also got BF 4, AC 4 and The Crew. I doubt i will get CE for those. But for DA 3, i will 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bugbag

My problem with Collector's Editions is the fact the extra stuff you get doesn't costs nearly as much to make as they charge for it. I understand it's a Collector's Edition, but at least give me something that is worth that extra costs.

This doesn't go for all games, just most.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#9 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18795 Posts

I've gotten preorder bonuses for certain games and whatnot, but I don't think I've ever gotten a collector's edition...

Wait, scartch that.  I got the bonus edition of The Last story, the one that game with the neat case, art book and sample music disc.  I like it, it's really cool for the case alone.  I also got the special edition Wimmotion+ Wiimote with Skyward Sword, not sure if that counts.

I only get the special edition if it comes with neat extras, like artbooks or whatnot. 

naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts
I only buy them when they're cheap.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PublicNuisance

I just hope it isn't too much of a downgrade on PS3.bugbag

Ubisoft has said that the current gen versions for PS3 and 360 won't be trimmed down compared to next gen and PC versions. This makes me worried because if they didn't have to trim it down for PS3 and 360 then how could they possibly be taking advantage of the extra hardware power of next gen and PC ?

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bugbag

[QUOTE="bugbag"]I just hope it isn't too much of a downgrade on PS3.PublicNuisance

Ubisoft has said that the current gen versions for PS3 and 360 won't be trimmed down compared to next gen and PC versions. This makes me worried because if they didn't have to trim it down for PS3 and 360 then how could they possibly be taking advantage of the extra hardware power of next gen and PC ?

I don't see how PS3 could handle that amount of detail on such a large scale, but maybe it can. I mean The Last of Us looked better than many of these next generation games announced.:P

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PublicNuisance

I don't see how PS3 could handle that amount of detail on such a large scale, but maybe it can. I mean The Last of Us looked better than many of these next generation games announced.:P

bugbag

Yeah but The Last of Us was a PS3 exclusive. Exclusives often times look better than multiplatform games because the development teams can focus on just one system versus 3 or more. An example was Crysis to Crysis 2. Crysis, which at the time was a PC exclusive, looked better than Crysis 2 when Crysis 2 was first launched. It wasn't until Crytek added high resolution textures and DirectX 11 features to the PC version of Crysis 2 that it looked better than Crysis.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bugbag

I know, and Watch Dogs doesn't look close to the level to The Last of Us or Halo 4, it actually looks a bit like AC3 in graphics.

I say the PC footage on youtube and I'll be honest, it doesn't look as impressive as it was made out to be. I've seen way better from computers and the new consoles. All of this though is actually good news for me since I won't be moving up anytime soon.:P

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15 Kman5507
Member since 2009 • 7902 Posts
The only collecters edition I've ever gotten is the biggest waste of $100 I've ever spent. :(
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Last_Ride

My problem with Collector's Editions is the fact the extra stuff you get doesn't costs nearly as much to make as they charge for it. I understand it's a Collector's Edition, but at least give me something that is worth that extra costs.

This doesn't go for all games, just most.

bugbag

That's why i carefully read what i get in the CE before i get them 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bugbag
The only collecters edition I've ever gotten is the biggest waste of $100 I've ever spent. :(Kman5507
Does that game happen to be... Halo... 4?:|
Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kman5507
Let's not talk about it :|
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bugbag

Hey, maybe they can fix it in Halo 5, 6, 7, 8, or maybe 9.:P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

bugbag

Nope, i think we have to wait until Halo 27 

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PublicNuisance

[QUOTE="Kman5507"]The only collecters edition I've ever gotten is the biggest waste of $100 I've ever spent. :(bugbag
Does that game happen to be... Halo... 4?:|

I was going to guess Bioshock 2.  For some reason when I am talking to people who regret buying a collectors edition it turns out to be Bioshock 2 very often.

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kman5507
[QUOTE="bugbag"]

The_Last_Ride

Well they did buy the IP for halos 5-9 already... Maybe we can buy the tenth one so they can't screw it up any further! :o

I don't see it getting fixed any time soon. 343 wanted to goo for the CoD approach and I'm sure they're going to stick with it. I don't really care anymore though, seeing as I'm going to PS4 next gen. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="bugbag"]

Kman5507

Well they did buy the IP for halos 5-9 already... Maybe we can buy the tenth one so they can't screw it up any further! :o

I don't see it getting fixed any time soon. 343 wanted to goo for the CoD approach and I'm sure they're going to stick with it. I don't really care anymore though, seeing as I'm going to PS4 next gen. 

Well i liked the approach they had for the first trilogy and Reach. But i still don't like those games though 

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kman5507
Why not? :cry:
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bugbag
I do think the first Halo is overrated. I love the game though.:P
Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kman5507

It is not! :x

Playing it today I could see where you're coming from, but don't you remember all the buzz it caused when it first came out? It was revolutionary at the time and it's the sole reason for microsoft's success in the gaming industry (probably not such a good thing now that we've seen he xbone). People bought xboxes for that game alone! 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

I do think the first Halo is overrated. I love the game though.:Pbugbag

i think all of them are overrated :3 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bugbag

It is not! :x

Playing it today I could see where you're coming from, but don't you remember all the buzz it caused when it first came out? It was revolutionary at the time and it's the sole reason for microsoft's success in the gaming industry (probably not such a good thing now that we've seen he xbone). People bought xboxes for that game alone!

Kman5507

Actually, Halo has aged miraculously well, I had no issues with the aging.

The biggest issue was copy and pasting the levels. I understand they were on a deadline but that was way too over the top. The level which could have easily been the best in the game was held back because the same room was used... I'd say four times in a row. It can get confusing when navigating.

The story, while decent, never hit it's full potential. I feel like it could have been far deeper and Master Chief could have used a little more character. And one big issue I had was the voice-acting. The pilot's voice-acting was hideous, but hey, Master Chief sounded epic so that made up for it.:P

And the positives definitely do outweigh the negatives. The gorgeous graphics are stunning even today and the revolutionary gameplay feels as if the controller was made for the game. And the competitive gameplay man.., Some of the best at the time.

I love Halo, but like many other games I love, it was shaped as having no problems whatsoever, which isn't true. I do think it was revolutionary though.

Please don't be angry Kman.:|

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kman5507

The levels weren't copy and pasted. Did you even pay attention to the plot? You had to revisit some old areas. :x

And why do you keep talking about the voice acting? It's not that bad. :? 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bugbag

The voice-acting mainly happens with the pilot and Cortana. Now Cortana was a good character, but the voice-actress drops the volume of some words too low when the music was building, which caused the result of me having to go back and watch the cutscene to see what she said. It's not a big problem, and part of it could be caused by my television and the way it's either really loud or quiet.

By recycling rooms I mean like the snow level. I know you revisit it later on, that's fine, but your first time through you walk through four rooms which are nearly identical to each other, I think just mirrored.

Don't worry though, I still love the game and understand why it's revolutionary.

I'd say Infamous, Fallout, Dragon Age: They're all overrated, but I still like them... Well more like I kind of like Fallout 3. That game has not aged well.:P

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kman5507
So everything is overrated unless its name is Deus Ex, MGS, or Dark Souls? Got it.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bugbag

What? Do you think that's all I play?:P

I could name a ton of underrated games too. Dino Crysis, Genji, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus (You knew that was coming), Resident Evil 1 (Which is better than two), Beyond Good and Evil, Okami, Silent Hill 2, definitely Onimusha, Infamous 2, BioShock 2, Shadow of Destiny, Drakan, Blood Will Tell, Ghost Recon, Clock Tower, I'd maybe even say Freedom Fighters was underrated.

Also, MGS3 is overrated.:|

naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts

I could name a ton of underrated games too. Dino Crysis, Genji, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus (You knew that was coming), Resident Evil 1 (Which is better than two), Beyond Good and Evil, Okami, Silent Hill 2, definitely Onimusha, Infamous 2, BioShock 2, Shadow of Destiny, Drakan, Blood Will Tell, Ghost Recon, Clock Tower, I'd maybe even say Freedom Fighters was underrated.

bugbag

You don't talk about MGS3 like that buoy.

sada

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kman5507

bugbag

I forgot to mention SotC :o

Easy now buddy. I wanted to mess with you a little bit, not make you explode :P

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bugbag
[QUOTE="bugbag"]

naju890_963

You don't talk about MGS3 like that buoy.

Oh no... I've angered a lot of people now.:|

Hey uhh.. You spelled 'boy' wrong.

*Gets shot*

@Kman: Oh I'm not angry or anything. Sorry if it seemed that way.:P

So, I'm so hyped for Watch Dogs I could probably get the Collector's Edition and not feel bad about it.:P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Last_Ride
Anyone that has a statue with the CE they bought?
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PublicNuisance

Anyone that has a statue with the CE they bought?The_Last_Ride

My CE of Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway came with a statue of Matt Baker who was the main character you play as. My CE of Prey also came with a statue of the main character Tommy if I'm not mistaken.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bugbag
I want the Shadow of the Colossus statues but they're hard to find.:(
Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kman5507
I had this mini figurine of Master Chief that came with my xbox. It's too bad we lost his foot :cry:
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bugbag

:lol:

I don't know why that's funny.:|

Did you trying using glue?

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PublicNuisance

I had this mini figurine of Master Chief that came with my xbox. It's too bad we lost his foot :cry:Kman5507

Damn shame lol. My buddy broke my Fallout 3 bobblehead, I managed to stay friends with him though :lol: 

Kman5507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kman5507

Yea sure guys. Just keep laughing at my misfortune, ya jerks :P 

bugbag

We lost his foot. It didn't just fall off. It went rogue! :o

Somewhere amongst the trash in my bed room there is a rogue master chief foot... sitting there... plotting :| 

Here's my question to the makers of the figurine: Why would you make it with a removable foot that is eady to lose!? :x 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Last_Ride
my mom managed to break my Darth Malgus statue, man did i get pissed about that
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bugbag

Yea sure guys. Just keep laughing at my misfortune, ya jerks :P

[QUOTE="bugbag"]

Kman5507

We lost his foot. It didn't just fall off. It went rogue! :o

Somewhere amongst the trash in my bed room there is a rogue master chief foot... sitting there... plotting :|

Here's my question to the makers of the figurine: Why would you make it with a removable foot that is eady to lose!? :x

Maybe Master Chief has to go online to use his foot.:P

That wasn't a good joke was it?:(

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts

How many here go for collectors editions ? What goodies make you go for them ? Art books, steel cases, statues, making of DVDs, etc ?

Myself I tend to if the extras are physical things like steel cases and statues. I used to mount them on display  in my gaming room. DLC and software goodies are turn offs for me.

PublicNuisance

Rarely for me. Only when I'm more hype than shit. The last CE I got was Skyward Sword. I disliked that game...

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bugbag

Sonic... language.:|

:P

What didn't you like about Skyward Sword?

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I spend too much on games as it is so I rarely go with CEs. But there are certain ones I want that I order.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts

Sonic... language.:|

:P

What didn't you like about Skyward Sword?

bugbag

In a nutshell, the game design was awful.

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PublicNuisance
I guess that's the big problem with collectors editions: you usually have to preorder the game to get them. If the game sucks then you feel like you wasted money but if you wait for a demo or to hear about the game after launch you can't always buy the CE for it.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The_Last_Ride
That is true, it's kind of risk and reward