Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

Waiting for a better quality version to download.

I entered one of the streams already part way through the episode. Ffffuuuu...

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Celldrax

That episode went very quickly :(

The first half of it was actually pretty dark....and I probably laughed the most in this episode so far.

The ending was very rushed though. I think it would've been better as a two parter. But overall, quite enjoyed it.

Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Aux99
Member since 2011 • 1689 Posts

It was pretty good. Trixie returning still bothers me a little though. The show has gotten kinda dark too...

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

Episode was great. Definitely way better than the past two. Trixie was actually pretty cool and all the hijinks throughout the episode were hilarious. I'm glad that the mane 6 got a pretty even amount of screentime too. And Pinkie Pie being unable to talk for most of the episode was a huge blessing for me.

9/10, tied with the premiere for best episode this season.

n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 n33d2skate
Member since 2009 • 5069 Posts
It was pretty good, but Rarity was still in it
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

That was pretty good episode, got pretty dark too. Sad that Fluttershy found something, yet she was ignored and then got the credit taken away by Spike.:P Also I wonder if we are going to see those Saddle Arabia characters again? They also look a bit different compare to many of the ponies in this show.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

It was pretty good. Trixie returning still bothers me a little though. The show has gotten kinda dark too...

Aux99
The show started getting dark at the season 2 opener. This episode was nothing compared to that. I quite enjoyed this episode. It was pretty much what most people wanted for a "Trixie returns" episode without forgetting about the lighthearted hijinks that keeps the plot from descending into fanfiction territory. Trixie's apology at the end seemed forced, but that's my only real complaint here. I'm a bit hard-pressed at coming up with the moral of this episode, though. "You can count on your friends to help you win"? "Power corrupts and corruption empowers"? "If you can't win through brute force, win through trickery"? Maybe I just need to listen to Twilight's speech more carefully.
Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Aux99
[QUOTE="Aux99"]

1PMrFister

The show started getting dark at the season 2 opener. This episode was nothing compared to that.

Eh I guess. The pinkie corruption scene was kinda sad.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

I'm a bit hard-pressed at coming up with the moral of this episode, though. "You can count on your friends to help you win"? "Power corrupts and corruption empowers"? "If you can't win through brute force, win through trickery"? Maybe I just need to listen to Twilight's speech more carefully.1PMrFister

Maybe the moral was not to get revenge blind you or something like that?

Also looks like Alicorn is now canon.

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts
did like this episode alot better than last did kind of go by quickly seems like it could of been a 2 part episode might watch it again Sunday night
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

This was a very good episode I have to say (espcially when I had zero expectations for it, except that I wanted a good episode out of it). Jokes this time around weren't so plentiful like in other previous episodes but they were sprinkled throughout and still did a good job of getting a chuckle out here and there. Animation was much better this time around as there weren't as many background pony clones, errors (as far as I could tell), and whatnot and the magic efects have really improved since Season 1. This was a bit more action oriented than previous episodes and the moral of the story was barely even there in this episode but I don't really care; there aren't an endless amount of lessons a show can do if it is a teaching show so sometimes you just gotta splurge a little and have a good episode.

Story was good for a 30 minute television show about bright colorful minature equines living in the fantastic and magical land of Equestria; it was too fast for me personally and I wish they slowed down to take their time on somethings like maybe take it a little slower for Zecora and Twilight's training. I loved Fluttershy being the one who, in many ways, saved the day for the ponies with the help of Rarity's fine dress making and her little animal friends. Oh, and Zecora, not her biggest fan but the way she played out in the episode makes me really quite enjoy her return to the scene of MLP. I don't think I had a problem with the story at all, tbh; it didn't throw any curveballs like Too Many Pinkie Pies and didn't (IMO) disappoint in the antagonist area. The only minor nitpicks I have towards the story was that it was a little too fast and I didn't like Trixie apologizing for her actions; I always found Trixie to be an antagonist who could go farther than the others and could potentially be a very intimidating villian if given the power and chance but that's just personal views on the characters so whatevs. I was also disappointed because I went to the comments on one of the Magic Duel clips and saw talk of Sombra and how they might be doing what they were doing with Season 1 and connecting certain episodes to create an overarching story of Sombra's return. I doubt the Alicorn Amulet really has any connections to Sombra so...yeah. It doesn't really affect the score of the episode and again it was a personal thing but...dammit that would have been so incredible if they really were doing that like they did with Season 1.

*sigh* Oh well, in the end I have very few complaints and really only nitpicks towards the episode. Overall, it was a very good episode, a great magic showcasing, and wonderful return for The Great and Power Trixie (imo). 9.0/10

I like this whole zero hype behind episodes thing, it certainly is helping me enjoy the show a lot more.

EDIT: Yeah the show is somewhat getting darker but then agian...when is a show about ponies that most people consider for little girls getting darker a bad thing really?

n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 n33d2skate
Member since 2009 • 5069 Posts
If the show is getting "darker", maybe the CMC will die
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Celldrax

Also looks like Alicorn is now canon.

Wanderer5

Yeah, that was actually the very first time it was used in the show. And we also have an entirely new breed (or whatever) of ponies. I'd be interested to know if they're all earth ponies, and if they also have unicorns and pegasi as well.

And really, Hasbro? Rule 63 applejack? My head nearly exploded when I saw that :P

Bzilla56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bzilla56
Member since 2007 • 7091 Posts

Faith in show restored. In fanbase....not so much.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 1PMrFister

And really, Hasbro? Rule 63 applejack? My head nearly exploded when I saw that :P

Celldrax

Yeah, I was seriously worried about the ramifications of that spell until we found out it was just a trick. Also, my favorite part of the episode: [spoiler]
169673__safe_animated_trixie_plot_spoile

Looks like the Great and Apologetic Trixie is even clumsier than Derpy. [/spoiler]

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Celldrax

[QUOTE="Celldrax"]

1PMrFister

Yeah, I was seriously worried about the ramifications of that spell until we found out it was just a trick. Also, my favorite part of the episode: [spoiler]

Looks like the Great and Apologetic Trixie is even clumsier than Derpy. [/spoiler]

Yeah, that made me laugh at the end.

And call me twisted, but I enjoy watching Fluttershy's extreme personality shifts. She basically threatened Twilight with physical violence there :P

[spoiler] bef.gif [/spoiler]

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts
blank_page
If the show is getting "darker", maybe the CMC will dien33d2skate
or see the return of Nightmare Moon in order to stop Twilight from taking over & destroying equestria.or get their cutie marks so they shut up about it
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
The last scene with Trixie did seem a bit forced, I understand why it was necessary, and they didn't have time to show Trixie taking the time needed to have that massive sort of change in mindset, but it doesn't change how tacked on it felt. Fluttershy seemed a bit overdone, similar to how Dash and Pinkie were overdone in The Crystal Empire. Besides that, I have no criticisms. I loved it, probably my favorite so far this season.

Celldrax
That bit legitimately terrified me.
kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 kierwinyoung
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts
[QUOTE="Celldrax"]

meetroid8

Hahaha, that made me laugh.

but anyway, Trixie really lost it. she tried to take over Ponyville, if she thinks she's the most powerful Unicorn why didn't she thought about taking on another place with more class and high standard, like Canterlot or Manehattan. didn't think about that didn't she?

at first she's just a show off, now she's a discorded b*tch. I wonder what'll they think of next.

ever thought about Trixie getting to be show in screen time again? Season 4? :P 

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 1PMrFister
[QUOTE="meetroid8"] [QUOTE="Celldrax"]

kierwinyoung

Hahaha, that made me laugh.

but anyway, Trixie really lost it. she tried to take over Ponyville, if she thinks she's the most powerful Unicorn why didn't she thought about taking on another place with more class and high standard, like Canterlot or Manehattan. didn't think about that didn't she?

at first she's just a show off, now she's a discorded b*tch. I wonder what'll they think of next.

ever thought about Trixie getting to be show in screen time again? Season 4? :P

They did explain that the Alicorn Amulet corrupted the user, and that Trixie was mostly out for revenge against Twilight. In a show like this, that's about all the explanation you need.
Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Aux99
What happened to the friendship letters?
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 meetroid8
What happened to the friendship letters?Aux99
Too Many Pinkie Pies had one. The CMC have never written a letter, and it wouldn't have made sense in this one since Celestia was there personally. I'm sure we'll see more.
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Celldrax

What happened to the friendship letters?Aux99

Pinkie did one in ep 3.

vlcsnap2012120514h48m30.jpg

But it does seem they've been taking a different approach to explaining the lessons at the end.

Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Aux99
It sounds the best with Twilight's voice
kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kierwinyoung

[QUOTE="Aux99"]What happened to the friendship letters?Celldrax

Pinkie did one in ep 3.

But it does seem they've been taking a different approach to explaining the lessons at the end.

Variating is good, at least Fans won't get tired of letters too soon. 

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Also, my favorite part of the episode: [spoiler]

1PMrFister

The entire episode was worth it for that.

My favourite episode in quite a while.

Mega-Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mega-Mustaine
Member since 2010 • 2130 Posts

I think she got off the hook way too easily. I know she was becoming increasingly corrupted, but that doesn't justify holding a town captive.

Now where's the Gilda and Flim Flam redemption episode...

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 meetroid8

I think she got off the hook way too easily. I know she was becoming increasingly corrupted, but that doesn't justify holding a town captive.

Mega-Mustaine
I really hope not.
kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kierwinyoung
[QUOTE="Mega-Mustaine"]

meetroid8

I really hope not.

How about a Derpy Returns episode? :P 

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#31 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

I enjoyed it quite a lot !!! 

The best of the season so far in my opinion !!!  

AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 AveryMarx
Member since 2004 • 7843 Posts

That faceplant made me giggle too :P Not quite sure what to make of Trixie's return though. Was an ok episode, I welcome the darker side of this show though.