faraz-azar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 faraz-azar
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts

i agree with fs because in a random battle you had a certain % of escape chance,be it 1% or 100%. that is and was not the case with 12, if you are being chasedby even like ... 10 enemies A) if you plan a escape route or as long as you keep moving, youl be ok B) the monsters give up after a long chase increasing the chances to anything depending on your skill. In random battles you waste time using potions and ethers, in ff12 you can "charge up" the atb (at least i think that what the time meter is called) as you escape resulting in you only stoping for 2 seconds to use the item then continue on! you understand know? but anyway it depends how you deal with random battles or ff12 battles so you know its up to you to listen to my reasoning

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 AlBeadFFx
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
well i have over-written plenty of things including 12 hrs of XII where i beat Ixion, Zodiark, and gained 10 lvls to reach 70 with vaan.....so right now thats my worst experiece. and my experiences change with time
MikeyIsPogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 MikeyIsPogi
Member since 2007 • 854 Posts
I actually liked FF X-2 IMO. what's wrong with it?
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#54 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
I actually liked FF X-2 IMO. what's wrong with it?MikeyIsPogi
Nothing IMO, its one of my favourite games and I have spent over 100 hours on it completing it 3 times.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I actually liked FF X-2 IMO. what's wrong with it?MikeyIsPogi

IMO, the story, the music, and the characters. Why the hell did they have to completely change Yuna into some ditzy pop-star...

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

[QUOTE="MikeyIsPogi"]I actually liked FF X-2 IMO. what's wrong with it?DJ-Lafleur

IMO, the story, the music, and the characters. Why the hell did they have to completely change Yuna into some ditzy pop-star...

You took exactly what I was gonna say.

Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts

[QUOTE="MikeyIsPogi"]I actually liked FF X-2 IMO. what's wrong with it?DJ-Lafleur

QFT. DJ-Lafleur got it entirely correct.

dragpon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dragpon
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
playing ff7 for the first time when i was 7 playing it all the way to the end of the first disc and loseing my memory card only to find 4months ago aand finding out i had acidently switched my memory card with my ff7 and a few other games data with one of my old friends when i was 8 so ya oh and im 15 now
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AlBeadFFx
i have a new one again. having too many FF's to play at once and you dont know which one to play first
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DrAwesomeMD

i have a new one again. having too many FF's to play at once and you dont know which one to play firstAlBeadFFx

Here's a good order:

VI

IV

IX

V

insert one million games here

VIII.

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 AlBeadFFx
that actually looks like the order im taking them right now with some X, XII, and X-2 here and there
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DJ-Lafleur
Don't listen to dr.Awesome, give VIII a chance. I actually liked the game, you may too.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DrAwesomeMD

Don't listen to dr.Awesome, give VIII a chance. I actually liked the game, you may too.DJ-Lafleur

Don't listen to DJ about not listening to me Albead! I'm a doctor! I know all about pain, and that's what VIII is: painful! :P

Though on a serious note, I was telling Albead to play it. He should just play the better ones first.

vornwrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 vornwrath
Member since 2007 • 478 Posts
Listen to Dr Awesome. FFVIII sucks
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 johngebreadman
FFVIII is good, way better than VII
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DrAwesomeMD

FFVIII is good, way better than VIIjohngebreadman

No, it's not. VII at least has a good plot, likeable characters, and isn't a complete excercise in tedium.

vornwrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 vornwrath

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]FFVIII is good, way better than VIIDrAwesomeMD

No, it's not. VII at least has a good plot, likeable characters, and isn't a complete excercise in tedium.

I wouldn't call all the characters likable. Someone please deliver a swift punch to the throat of Yuffie. Pleas PLEASE! Please? Not a fan of Sephiroth or Cloud either, though that might have something to di with the fact hat for 10 FREAKIN YEARS everybody, their brother, their sister, their dog and the micro organisms that swim in the water they drink have been claiming those 2 as the greatest characters ever. At first I just thought they were kind of boring, Over time it has shifted more toward flat out hatred
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]FFVIII is good, way better than VIIvornwrath

I wouldn't call all the characters likable. Someone please deliver a swift punch to the throat of Yuffie. Pleas PLEASE! Please? Not a fan of Sephiroth or Cloud either, though that might have something to di with the fact hat for 10 FREAKIN YEARS everybody, their brother, their sister, their dog and the micro organisms that swim in the water they drink have been claiming those 2 as the greatest characters ever. At first I just thought they were kind of boring, Over time it has shifted more toward flat out hatred

At least FFVII has awesome characters like Cait Sith to make up for it though.

Note: This was originally going to be a serious answer but I decided this was more entertaining.

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DreadDLordD
Member since 2005 • 2413 Posts
Hmmm... I don't know. I reckon you should give VIII a bash first Albead. Because we all know so much about the game that we're almost forcing you play it as the very last because the majority of us think its bad. But of course you haven't touched the game at all. So.... why not give the noobie a chance?

Set a target. How long can you play FF VIII for non-stop? You don't have to do this, but It should give everyone here a good indication on your first time experience. And plus you don't have to take everyone's word here for granted. For e.g. (my entire explanation in my interview) those were just my personal preferences. Pretty negative eh?
vornwrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 vornwrath
[QUOTE="vornwrath"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]FFVIII is good, way better than VIIDarmi

At least FFVII has awesome characters like Cait Sith to make up for it though.

Note: This was originally going to be a serious answer but I decided this was more entertaining.

Cait Sith made me want to strangle puppies
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 johngebreadman
Hmmm... I don't know. I reckon you should give VIII a bash first Albead. Because we all know so much about the game that we're almost forcing you play it as the very last because the majority of us think its bad. But of course you haven't touched the game at all. So.... why not give the noobie a chance?

Set a target. How long can you play FF VIII for non-stop? You don't have to do this, but It should give everyone here a good indication on your first time experience. And plus you don't have to take everyone's word here for granted. For e.g. (my entire explanation in my interview) those were just my personal preferences. Pretty negative eh?DreadDLordD
I played it for 10 hours at a time once, its really good, probably my favourite in the main series after X and X-2. VII is overrated.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]FFVIII is good, way better than VIIvornwrath

Some of the characters I liked. That's more than I can say for FFVIII's cast of crybabies. VII's story is pretty good once you sort it out. And the materia system is way better than the junction system.

Overall FFVII is a good 7.5. FFVIII however, can get a 3. 4 at most.

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 AlBeadFFx
i am still going to play VIII but i dont own it yet....im playing VI and IV first then ill play whatever comes to me next. VIII is still on my list to play so now everyone can stop arguing unless they dont want to
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DJ-Lafleur

Some of the characters I liked. That's more than I can say for FFVIII's cast of crybabies. VII's story is pretty good once you sort it out. And the materia system is way better than the junction system.

FFVII: 9.5/10 FFVIII: 7.5/10

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="vornwrath"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]FFVIII is good, way better than VIIDJ-Lafleur

Maybe when FFVII came out it was a 9.5. FFVIII always deserved a 4 at best.

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DreadDLordD
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="vornwrath"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

Maybe when FFVII came out it was a 9.5. FFVIII always deserved a 4 at best.

Haha I loved how this discussion has turned out to be. Ok no more opinions peeps xD We'll let albead decide ;)
vornwrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 vornwrath

That is like being hte tallest midget in the circus
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DJ-Lafleur
Well, I liked the materia and junction system, so whatever. :roll:
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 johngebreadman
I liked both games
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#80 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts
For me it was not being able to beat Sin with the countdown in FFX. I gave up trying to beat it and you could not go back to frind so I was screwed :(
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DreadDLordD

Probably the first time I died so quickly in a game back in III. Simply, I was taken aback by how fast I died within the first 10 minutes. But then things gradually improved.

clever-cookies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 clever-cookies
Member since 2011 • 96 Posts

Either the "Laughing" scene from X (yes people, I really do hate that thing) or II when I spent hours level(if you can call 'em that) grinding-only for my PSP to die and restart. T-T

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Balmane

Either the "Laughing" scene from X (yes people, I really do hate that thing) or II when I spent hours level(if you can call 'em that) grinding-only for my PSP to die and restart. T-T

clever-cookies

That happened to me aswell! I just never played the game again cause I can't stand it. 

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#84 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
[QUOTE="clever-cookies"]

Balmane

That happened to me aswell! I just never played the game again cause I can't stand it. 

Yeah hated that part too :P. 

I also accidentally erased my 120 hours of gameplay in FFVIII when I was at Ultimecias Castle :?. I loaded another save data, in order to check one of the earliest players cards (for the card game), and when saving, I overwrite my old save data :cry: 

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts
[QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="clever-cookies"]

angelbless

I also accidentally erased my 120 hours of gameplay in FFVIII when I was at Ultimecias Castle :?. I loaded another save data, in order to check one of the earliest players cards (for the card game), and when saving, I overwrite my old save data :cry: 

Yes I have done that overwrite thing too. And I hated the part when my discs kept freezing sometimes. 
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Balmane
[QUOTE="angelbless"][QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="clever-cookies"]

maniamsmart

Yes I have done that overwrite thing too. And I hated the part when my discs kept freezing sometimes. 

Whenever that happened to me the screen went black. It was horrible.

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 maniamsmart
[QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="angelbless"][QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="clever-cookies"]

Balmane

Yeah I know right, sometimes you had to restart the game like 3 times, just to get past the part where it freezes, and sometimes you had to go through all the dialogue over and over again ugh...
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Balmane
[QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="angelbless"][QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="clever-cookies"]

maniamsmart

Yeah I know right, sometimes you had to restart the game like 3 times, just to get past the part where it freezes, and sometimes you had to go through all the dialogue over and over again ugh...

Good thing that don't happen nowadays :P 

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 maniamsmart
[QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="angelbless"][QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="clever-cookies"]

Balmane

Good thing that don't happen nowadays :P 

:lol: haha, yeah, though I do remember there was one time that I had to take the disc out for FFXIII though :P
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#90 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
I had many freezes in FFX..and I too remember having some in FFXIII :(
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 maniamsmart
I had many freezes in FFX..and I too remember having some in FFXIII :(angelbless
I don't even know if I had freezes with FFX, but I put so many hours into it that I probably can't remember but I think yeah, FFX gave me a few freezes here and there but it wasn't as drastic as FFIX or FFVIII or some of the earlier ones...
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Balmane

I had many freezes in FFX..and I too remember having some in FFXIII :(angelbless

FFXIII?? I never had any freezes with any PS3 games... maybe it was scratched.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#93 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

i just wasnted to ask all you final fantasy fans what your worst final fantasy experience was, mine would have to be when my ffx began to crash now i cant start a new game :( other than that it would have to be purchasing my ffx-2.

well now you know my worst experience what was yours?

lfclee

probably with FF7

I was fighting bizarro sephiroth on the planet's core.

then there was a power outage, ok I waited until power returned, I turned on the console, hit load data.

YOUR DATA IS CORRUPT

that was one hell of a bad day

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 lightleggy

[QUOTE="angelbless"]I had many freezes in FFX..and I too remember having some in FFXIII :(Balmane

doubt it, blu ray are extremely durable, you can scratch it with a key, it will still run flawlessly.

I remember when my PS3 scratched my dead space copy :lol:

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Balmane
[QUOTE="Balmane"]

[QUOTE="angelbless"]I had many freezes in FFX..and I too remember having some in FFXIII :(lightleggy

doubt it, blu ray are extremely durable, you can scratch it with a key, it will still run flawlessly.

I buy pre owned games and the only one that hasn't worked is Uncharted which is weird because it isn't scratched at all. 

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 AlBeadFFx

i have a new one...... actually two...

saving over my FFXII file where i had all the summons and a ton of other stuff with a friend's save... lost 20 some hrs from what i had....

the other one was beating the XIII boss but before it gave me the ranking and the trophy with it, the power went out.....

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 lightleggy
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Balmane"]

[QUOTE="angelbless"]I had many freezes in FFX..and I too remember having some in FFXIII :(Balmane

I buy pre owned games and the only one that hasn't worked is Uncharted which is weird because it isn't scratched at all. 

uncharted had some nasty issues after they applied some patches to the PS3, I remember people getting troubles were drake was loaded 20 meters above ground and levels which never loaded or everyone falling through textures.

like I said its really odd to see a blu ray that doesnt work for being scratched.

KingofgamersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#98 KingofgamersX
Member since 2009 • 621 Posts
Loosing to sephiroth sevral times made me DESTROY my Controller, having a bloody hand and Defeating him till last breath(O_o) that was the good part So that's have i got my FF Worst experience pretty painful BUT a good feeling after Defeating him.8)
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#99 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Having hopes for FF:CC for GC.
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 maniamsmart
the other one was beating the XIII boss but before it gave me the ranking and the trophy with it, the power went out.....AlBeadFFx
:lol: thats hillarious, I'm sorry, i know it sucks, and everyone would be pissed, but i am just imagining you sitting there playing and then the power goes out LMFAO!! :lol: :P :D XD