who thinks FF should go back to the old battle system?

Zepplin7885961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zepplin7885961
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
I like the old system better.What do yall think?
Linkz0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Linkz0r
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

i dont think they should, i think they should experiment with real time action/ turn based because i enjoyed picking the fights i wanted on 12, which was pretty much all of them, but maybe in one of the up coming games make it full turnbased.

but as i say this , looking at the 13 trailer and the screenshots, the battle system looks superb

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
I really dont know, I still like the old way, even do i have mixed reactions on this fact,. But even do i like the old way, im not sure if they have to come back. I agree with Link in the fact that they have to try a new real action system, maybe better than FFXII, because at some point it was all about gambits and the action started to decrease, ...mmm .lets see FFXIII though
ff-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ff-gamer
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts
i prefer the new battle system as it makes the game run much smoother
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

i dont think they should, i think they should experiment with real time action/ turn based because i enjoyed picking the fights i wanted on 12, which was pretty much all of them, but maybe in one of the up coming games make it full turnbased.

but as i say this , looking at the 13 trailer and the screenshots, the battle system looks superb

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Linkz0r

That trailer was CG

and hell no. FFXII easily has the best gameplay of the entire series

Ardain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ardain
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts
I think games should evolve but, I say they should stick with both.
Linkz0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Linkz0r
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

Even if that trailer was CG it doesn't stop them think of what could be

You've seen graphic the last few years, i mean yeah 12 didn't have gears of war graphics, but the game is based on size and story, it would of been hard to do stuff at that specific time of gaming, with the blue-ray discs, and pre renders graphic such as motor storm (great graphical work) the possibilities of this soo called cg trailer could actually become the thing that we would want most, The Actual ingame graphic and/or battle system which is to come forward from the battle systems which have already been made such as 12 (im not sure about 11, ive never seen the online ingame battle system)

but we can all hope that it does rock, and i think i can safely say it will, go action based battle fratifactional systems

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
I honestly don't care. I like the old battle system and am extremely used to it, and XII'swas good once I got used to it. But I also don't mind change, and would be willing to try to open up to something new. What they could do is have a system's like Chrono Trigger, where you have the same battle system, yet can still avoid battle if you wish, that would be pretty cool.
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts
i agree with DJ i dont care wich one both are fine to me
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 AlBeadFFx
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
just keep the battle system that they had for XII. it was the best and i loved it. they could make adjustments to make ita little bitbetter
Fantasy_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fantasy_Mage
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I do prefer the new battle system, without the random battles. However i hope in FFXIII they expand the story element of the game more than in FFXII which i thought was lacking. I also missed the in battle chats of FFX & FFX-2. I also would like to see more cities in the new game, which was restricted in FFXII because of the need for wide open plains. Anyway i'd be happy with either system. 'Rant Over' =]

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 maniamsmart

I do prefer the new battle system, without the random battles. However i hope in FFXIII they expand the story element of the game more than in FFXII which i thought was lacking. I also missed the in battle chats of FFX & FFX-2. I also would like to see more cities in the new game, which was restricted in FFXII because of the need for wide open plains. Anyway i'd be happy with either system. 'Rant Over' =]

Fantasy_Mage
agreed fantasy mage more cities
Fantasy_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fantasy_Mage

Thanks, With the new graphics cababilites imagine how cool they could be. I also hope in the next FF you are able to make any character have any job rather than being restricted to for example vivi bein a black mage. Also bring back normal Limit Breaks or Overdrives !!

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 maniamsmart

Thanks, With the new graphics cababilites imagine how cool they could be. I also hope in the next FF you are able to make any character have any job rather than being restricted to for example vivi bein a black mage. Also bring back normal Limit Breaks or Overdrives !!

Fantasy_Mage
yeah like in FFIII on the NDS u pick ur jobs
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="Fantasy_Mage"]

maniamsmart

or like FFV where you not only can pick your jobs, but can mix them together with another job's abilities.

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 maniamsmart
[QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Mage"]

DJ-Lafleur

or like FFV where you not only can pick your jobs, but can mix them together with another job's abilities.

awsome thats cool never played V
Zepplin7885961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zepplin7885961
12 battle system is good and all but having bots follow u dosent seem very fun and the black magic was useless in the game but still 12 is a good game
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 maniamsmart
12 battle system is good and all but having bots follow u dosent seem very fun and the black magic was useless in the game but still 12 is a good gameZepplin7885961
yeah i thought black magic WAS useless also
Zepplin7885961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zepplin7885961
some of the magic could come in handy but attacking seemed quicker
Fantasy_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fantasy_Mage

Not necessarily, for example in the pharos while fighting the fish boss, if you casted oil then firaga it was deadly, plus it had uses against other enimies too but i agree it wasn't as important as it is in other games. I also want the old inventory back so i can use items on the menu screen && bring back gettting gill without loot !!

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DJ-Lafleur
The only time I used black magic was when an enemy used a barrier to become invincible to physical attacks.
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 maniamsmart
The only time I used black magic was when an enemy used a barrier to become invincible to physical attacks.DJ-Lafleur
yeah me too but also in X-2 it was anoying that u had to wait to use an item or use a ability or a attack in FFX or other u use ability auomaticly and items too
sudosniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sudosniper
no way the new one rocks
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fs_metal
no way the new one rockssudosniper
hell yeah it does
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 angelbless
Other thing that wasn´t so useful were the Summons, I got them and used, just to see his poweres and other things, but most f the times it was just attacks, magics....Anyway the graphics were amazing :P
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DJ-Lafleur

Other thing that wasn´t so useful were the Summons, I got them and used, just to see his poweres and other things, but most f the times it was just attacks, magics....Anyway the graphics were amazing :P
angelbless

Belias was pretty helpful for me at the beginning of the game, but other than that, they weren't that wonderful. I found that quickenings were much more effective. The only reason I collected all 13 espers was so I could have the honor of saying I did.

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 maniamsmart
angelbless
same here
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 angelbless

The only reason I collected all 13 espers was so I could have the honor of saying I did.

DJ-Lafleur

Godd reason, I think I did the same :P

Zepplin7885961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zepplin7885961
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

The only reason I collected all 13 espers was so I could have the honor of saying I did.

angelbless

Me to:) but back to the topic old way rules in term of how much magic and summons are useful.

DarthZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DarthZone
Member since 2006 • 548 Posts
i like the new system. much faster and fun to play around with. not to mention that it seepds the game up when you just lvl'ing
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="angelbless"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

Zepplin7885961

Me to:) but back to the topic old way rules in term of how much magic and summons are useful.

I liked the older one more as well, since it's the one I grew up with, and I'm a big fan of nolstalgia! But again, I did like XII's and I am always open to change as long as it is fun.

Xpier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Xpier
I much prefer the original battle system, I just think that it embodied everything that final fantasy stood for as it is a role playing game and not a 3rd person shot em up. So I think that the old battle system worked so much better with in-keeping to the games genre and also, the battle system set final fantasy out as something different because no other game was using the same system.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fs_metal
I much prefer the original battle system, I just think that it embodied everything that final fantasy stood for as it is a role playing game and not a 3rd person shot em up. So I think that the old battle system worked so much better with in-keeping to the games genre and also, the battle system set final fantasy out as something different because no other game was using the same system.Xpier
ARe you talking about Dirge of Cerebrus?
GustavFears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GustavFears
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts
Iliked ffx's battle system the most. I loved controlling the Aeons, and seeing the sequence of attacks. It was my favorite of the series.
GustavFears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GustavFears
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts
Oh and I also liked being able to switch out characters on the fly
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fs_metal
Oh and I also liked being able to switch out characters on the flyGustavFears
you could do that in xii dude
ColdstoneX3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 ColdstoneX3
Member since 2005 • 426 Posts

i am kind of torn, i like the old and somehow i like the new, but i dont know why, personally, id perfer the old one i guess, due to the fact its what i grew up with.

peace

cold