Which FF title is in high risk of getting a sequel?!

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

Compilation of FFVIII? or IX?? Or X???

hmm... XII is already in the list for ONE sequel. Compilation of FFXII????

ouch. :|

azazel_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 azazel_666
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

emmmm.....probably VIII ......cos i want them 2 make 1..............i think XII eill probably have 1 aswell....cos of popularaty

azazel_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 azazel_666
ok......VIII then......comsidiring XII are already gonna make one......i should read b4 i post
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kinetic-core
probably.. you should try editing your post instead of creating another one as well, lol. Anyways, do you know that FFXII: Revenant Wings was rumored to be a sequel to FFVIII at first? Wings....was kinda associated with VIII eh? And Revenant Wings sounded like a sequel to VIII. And fans are craving for a sequel to VIII, am i wrong about this? Probably not too long before they start to make VIII into a poor farmhouse.
azazel_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 azazel_666

oops...i never new that you could edit your post.....you learn something new every day........any way i really hope that they make a sequal for VIII cos its my second fav FF after VII ..........VIII would have been my fav if it was not for that stupid leveling up thing were ur enemies are always the same level as u r.............it kinda ruind the point of training your charecters....

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
Final Fantasy VI. When the FFVII compilation was announced, they said they were considering doing a series of sequels and prequels to it
-weezer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -weezer-
Member since 2006 • 1895 Posts
I'd like a VIII sequal. One of my favorite FF games. I'd rather have that than a IX sequal. And definately not another sequal to X. And if they happened to really make a sequal, I'd want it to be turn-based and the same quality as an original FF game.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts

Final Fantasy VI. When the FFVII compilation was announced, they said they were considering doing a series of sequels and prequels to itfs_metal

Core stated that the choices were between VIII, IX, X, and XII

or else ya what you said would make alot of sense....they better not make it a stupid release and put some work into remaking it

However of the choices stated I would most likely say XII since I believe rumors of a title being made are already underway...however I would like to see either FF I remade :D comon wouldn't that be sweet? with like a whole new battle style, insane graphics, some multiplayer, and maybe online compatibility ...make the "one" final fantasy the best....who needs story :P

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kinetic-core
don't worry, i was just listing examples lol. If i were limiting the choices i woud have made a poll. But really, FFVI do have a lot to build up upon. I can't see any sequel of FFVIII not lookin like FFX-2. FFI Remake :P i think the GBA and PS version is the remake isn't it? Probably, a remake like you say it is, that'll be the 2nd remake. And i believe it'll be extremely wonderful, too
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fs_metal
I want a beautiful PS3 3D remake of FFVI./ That would be amazing
blazndragon0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blazndragon0
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts
I want a beautiful PS3 3D remake of FFVI./ That would be amazingfs_metal
mos definite... ff6 is probably #4 in my top ten list of FFs. it would be nice to see them remake it onto a power system like ps3, not just GBA
Karinka19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 Karinka19
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts
they better not make a sequel for FF8! i love that game too much for them to ruin it. with all sequels or prequels of FF7 it almost made me hate that one. pleeeeeeeeease, PLEASE dont ruin FF8. make a sequel of FF9 or something!
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]I want a beautiful PS3 3D remake of FFVI./ That would be amazingblazndragon0
mos definite... ff6 is probably #4 in my top ten list of FFs. it would be nice to see them remake it onto a power system like ps3, not just GBA

It is number 1 on my list. V is currently number 4 (behing VI, IV and IX)
trcradical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 trcradical
Member since 2005 • 379 Posts

They're probably not done making sequels/prequels of FFVII

I can see them starting something with FFVIII very soon.

BiggsWedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BiggsWedge
Member since 2005 • 2916 Posts
FF Spirits Within there i want a sequel of!!
trcradical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 trcradical
Member since 2005 • 379 Posts
FF Spirits Within there i want a sequel of!!BiggsWedge
I'd kill them if they did it, I though Spirits Within was the biggest mistake Square Enix ever made. It didn't even feel like a Final Fantasy.
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
[QUOTE="BiggsWedge"]FF Spirits Within there i want a sequel of!!trcradical
I'd kill them if they did it, I though Spirits Within was the biggest mistake Square Enix ever made. It didn't even feel like a Final Fantasy.

Yes, Yes, Yes! There wasnt ANY thing about FF in that movie at all! Sad thing:(
-weezer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -weezer-
There were some connections. Cid was in it lol. I didn't like it, though...
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kinetic-core
correction..... :| Sid was in it, not 'Cid'. Okay, a sequel would work. The sequel would correct all mistakes made in the original movie and ease everyone's mind.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fs_metal

[QUOTE="BiggsWedge"]FF Spirits Within there i want a sequel of!!trcradical

It was a FF, and a very good movie.

The biggest mistake SE ever made was asking Sakaguchi to step down

-weezer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -weezer-
correction..... :| Sid was in it, not 'Cid'. Okay, a sequel would work. The sequel would correct all mistakes made in the original movie and ease everyone's mind.kinetic-core
Sid, eh? Never knew that. Oh well, Sid... Cid... sounds the same lol.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts

[QUOTE="trcradical"][QUOTE="BiggsWedge"]FF Spirits Within there i want a sequel of!!fs_metal

it was...interesting.....and yes it was pretty much a FF style story albeit the movie should have had a game prior to its creation, or the movie should have had an non-conclusive ending therefore making the game a continuarion

howeer SE should not produce standalone movies, they should offer some sort of game in relation to the story...since it is near impossible to acheive a real FF feel in an hour and a half......I am willing to bet that the movie would hae succeeded if a game had been made prior to its release or prospects of a game following the movie were anounced and the movies endign was different as I staed before (this would also be benefical as far as marketing goes since seeing the movie and playing the game would become a must)

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]

[QUOTE="trcradical"][QUOTE="BiggsWedge"]FF Spirits Within there i want a sequel of!!DRUNK_CANADIAN

it was...interesting.....and yes it was pretty much a FF style story albeit the movie should have had a game prior to its creation, or the movie should have had an non-conclusive ending therefore making the game a continuarion

howeer SE should not produce standalone movies, they should offer some sort of game in relation to the story...since it is near impossible to acheive a real FF feel in an hour and a half......I am willing to bet that the movie would hae succeeded if a game had been made prior to its release or prospects of a game following the movie were anounced and the movies endign was different as I staed before (this would also be benefical as far as marketing goes since seeing the movie and playing the game would become a must)

With teh hour and a half, they did to an excellent job of writing a nice little complex story
Brian_WCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Brian_WCU
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts

Interesting that you use the term, high risk, that would assume that you mean in terms of popularity, good or bad. Popular FFs  would get one because they want to mooch off of fanboys ala-ff7, unpopular ones maybe to get others interested into the originals as well, or to mooch off of the fanboys. Either way... you see what the idea is... or is it fan service? I guess we need a quality sequal/prequal in order for that to be true.

FF8 and FF9 kinda stand on their own in my opinion and sequal and prequal seems not needed, maybe ff9 but, I think it ended the way it should have, and I am not left scratching my head after that one. ff7, ff10, ff12 all have sequal/prequals out there or in the works, so I would guess its between ff4-6, I believe it would be ff6 being the more popular of the those.