Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Falcon084
Member since 2009 • 8778 Posts

Gamespot is going to bring about an overhaul of the entire website. If you are thinking "WOOHOO the bugs will be gone." Think again!

Unions: GONE

Video downloads: GONE

The site is said to be a copy of Giantbomb

Boring generic website like all the others: YES...

There is a petition telling GS what we think of the chages at: http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29438636/save-our-unions?page=0

Join in and save GS!

To learn more check the link at the top of the petition.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Xx_Kares_xX
Member since 2009 • 1479 Posts
The union is the only reason I come to the site anymore.. it's certainly not for 'Unbiased Reviews' or 'Gaming news' I get most of my news from other locations FAR before it comes available here... thanks for this falcon, let's spread the word some mroe.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Xx_Kares_xX
I feel as though we should try backing up some of our forums and move to a different location in case we lose all of this. I'm really upset by this news.. and I was SO CLOSE to completeing the challenge v.v
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xx_Kares_xX

UPDATE: They aknowledged the petition and basically says it means nothing. unions are gone. I hope angelbless comes back soon though ebcause they are sending messages to Union moderators to carry over our content to a normal forum... but we will no longer be our own group EVERYONE will be free to see the posts x.x

Basically I see no more reason for my challenge or sticking around on the site... I may very well be leaving, but before I do, it's time to backup the reviews I spent hours working on...

If we want to try and stay our own community we should 'follow' each other on here... assuming they let us keep our freakin followers with the new site x.x

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Falcon084

I highly sugest making the Union live on on THIS site. it is very good with tones of features you can't find on GS. This way the FFFU Will live on!

... and I'll have some place to talk to my wonderful GS friends 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xx_Kares_xX
Lol you wouldn't happen to be the owner of said site would you falcon?
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts

OMG"!! this is awfull... Im sorry I was gone.. between work and the studies for the CFA program I had no life :?.

I thought this was a joke... let me read a little more .. OMG!

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xx_Kares_xX
Yeah it's extremely depressing.. right when things were almost moving again x.x
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Falcon084

But the owner of the site no lol. But it is a great way for us to continue!

I'm trying to save all the groups I like and Afiliate them all on the site, so if you do it let me know! 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xx_Kares_xX
Sounds good ^^. I'm talking to Angelbless right now and seeing what route he wants to take, I don't feel right moving it over without his permission, though I was thinking of making my own page specifically to promote my challenges... I'm debating doing other ones after this one is finished <<...>>
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 angelbless

Ive been reading some posts in that thread and it seems that active unions are going to be mpved to the new GS? .. I will like to wait a little while until we are completely sure of what will be pur future. If they are going to close the unions, then we might actually look a for a new option.

Do you guys know something more?

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 angelbless

http://www.gamespot.com/unions/LeaderCouncil/forums/29440125/gamespot-unions-to-be-removed?msg_id=341364173#341364173

Here!

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Falcon084

Don't worry I've been talking to our leader too :)

The new version of GS wont allow officers and leaders to kick out trolls, as it wont allow officers and leaders at all. The forums and all we have done to create it wont be ours anymore :( 

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#14 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
What a stupid thing to get rid of. Only reason I still visit this site is because of the unions. 
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Falcon084

SHIVTR FAQ:
Forums
A core communication tool for your guild siteDeeply integrated with permissions, ranks, activities and more

Easy to use BBcode editor for writing postsCompletely customizable structure with sections and subforums

Hold private discussions with members of your guildSend mass messages to everyone from a certain group or rank

Message alliance members across different guildsEasy notifications for new messages in your user status bar

Chat

Chat with your guildmates just as you do in-gameWebSocket enabled for instant chattingSupports emotes and other slash commands

Color-coded channels for nice, game-like display

Polls

Poll your guildmates on the topics that interest youRestrict polls with different view levels for sensitive topicsSupport for voting publicly and privately. Embed polls within forums to enable discussions

Guild News Keep your members up-to-date on your guild's latest exploits

Deeply integrated with permissions, comments and moreDelegate select officers to post through permissions

Atom feeds for easy syndication

Journals Allow your members to post character stories on your siteDeeply integrated with permissions, comments and moreGreat for roleplay guilds!

Media Galleries

Share your in-game footage with image and video galleries!

Easy video integration with YoutubeComment and discuss your favorites

Showcase new media through slideshows, side blocks and activities

ApplicationsEasily customize the form applicants fill out

Review and accept the best applicantsComment and discuss applicants with your officers

Optionally allow applicants to view and comment on their own app
Alliances Form alliances with other guilds using Shivtr

Share features across your sites including events, forums and more!See whose online across all allied sites

Allied permissions allows to control what allies do on your site

Activity Feeds Two types of activity feeds available: site and guildSite activities let you easily see new content added to your siteGuild activities let you easily keep up with in-game changes

Mobile Version Optimized views created specifically for mobile devices

Simplified, touch screen actions menu at the bottom of each page

The option to switch between the mobile and web client at any time

Endless Pagination, allowing you to scroll to load more items

Out of room - cont next post

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Falcon084

API

For advanced users/developers, Shivtr includes a REST APIAccess XML and JSON views of (nearly) all data on your siteLogin and perform (nearly) any action directly through our API

Admin Panel

Our Site Admin panel gives you easy access to all your global settingsChanging your game, server, timezone and other options is a breeze 

Set metadata to control how your site appears in search engines
Audit LogThe Audit Log tracks (almost) every action on your siteReview logs to see who created, modified or deleted specific contentSomething accidentally deleted?

The audit log makes recovery easy-mode
Permissions

The most advanced permissions system you'll find anywhere!Choose who can view, use and admin every aspect of your site

Organize permissions into roles to hand out to your membersAssign permission roles to ranks to mimic your in-game guild structure Permissions

Races & Classes Customizable races & classes put you in control 

Choose from preset options for many games or design your own

Create that goblin only guild you always wanted!Deeply integrated - the options you set are used throughout your site

Domain Names

Freedom to choose any URL you wish for your siteChange your URL anytime you like from your Site Admin panel

Select any .shivtr.com subdomain that is available... or use any full domain name you own

Themes

Select from a large variety of official, pre-made themesCreate your own design with our easy-to-use theme editor

Browse the hundreds of themes created by our awesome communityDress up your site for Halloween and other holidays!  Theme EditorCraft your own theme with our full-featured theme editor

Offers everything you need to make an amazing, unique designLoad any official or public theme and change it anyway you like LayoutOur layout tools let you choose the content important to your communityChoose from over 70 blocks for your home page and side columns

Select from shoutboxes, slideshows, twitter, ventrilo and more!Easily re-arrange your blocks layout with drag-and-drop  Branding

Add a favicon to your site (used in browser tabs & bookmarks)

Control how your site appears in search engines with metatagsControl how your site appears on Shivtr from your site admin

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xx_Kares_xX
Yeah, I'm looking at this and thinking We should move out stuff over there... or at least start fresh over there.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#18 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
Started an account named Nidav3.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xx_Kares_xX
As Did I.. with the same username I'm already using @.@ lol
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Xx_Kares_xX

o.O I didn't know I left the hierarchy.. I just haven't logged back in for a while. On the other hand I'm not really a fan of open world games... in fact I kind of despise them x.x so It's not a good place for me unless you want a troll on your hands (at least I'm a somewhat literate troll, and I do like to debate, but I don't want to cause trouble just for trouble's sake you know what I mean ^^')

Edit: And I'm thinking of starting to move SOME stuff over... but I don't feel it's my place and Angelbless still hasn't given me a yes or no. I suppose I can make the Union and hand control back over to him later? <<...>> I just became an offiver here.. I don't even know how much control I have over THESE forums lol

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Falcon084

Yay!

Some more unions have joined the bandwagon, The MEU and Warrior Clan have moved to shivtr.

Wait to you see the great admin features for yourself, making the themes is a tone of fun. 

Oh I didn't recognise you because I'm always looking at the user pics lol. 

BTW if youu need help moving I can do some lifting for ya ;) 

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 angelbless
I received some notifications about other unions moving to  external sites as well.. Oh my... this is madness... I .. I feel so sad :?
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Falcon084

o.O I didn't know I left the hierarchy.. I just haven't logged back in for a while. On the other hand I'm not really a fan of open world games... in fact I kind of despise them x.x so It's not a good place for me unless you want a troll on your hands (at least I'm a somewhat literate troll, and I do like to debate, but I don't want to cause trouble just for trouble's sake you know what I mean ^^')Xx_Kares_xX

We have an off topic games and a System wars section. 

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Falcon084

I received some notifications about other unions moving to  external sites as well.. Oh my... this is madness... I .. I feel so sad :?angelbless

We will live on :D!

But yeah so do I :( 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Xx_Kares_xX
Oh good! Angelbless is here! What are we doing? It's your union, what would you like done with it?
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 angelbless

Oh good! Angelbless is here! What are we doing? It's your union, what would you like done with it?Xx_Kares_xX

I wouldnt like to see it just die like that... from the way I see it, we have two options: 

1) Being chosen to be moved to the new forum, which will erase our leader/officer program but will keep our threads for more people to join in the upcoming years. Im still not sure how this new forums will work.

2) Move to an external site, move all the content and become and independent union on its own. It will be like the places where we get news. 

Do you guys know when will this changes will be taken? I still need to talk to some people b4 Im ready to decide, I hope you undertand :(

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Falcon084

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]Oh good! Angelbless is here! What are we doing? It's your union, what would you like done with it?angelbless

I wouldnt like to see it just die like that... from the way I see it, we have two options: 

1) Being chosen to be moved to the new forum, which will erase our leader/officer program but will keep our threads for more people to join in the upcoming years. Im still not sure how this new forums will work.

2) Move to an external site, move all the content and become and independent union on its own. It will be like the places where we get news. 

Do you guys know when will this changes will be taken? I still need to talk to some people b4 Im ready to decide, I hope you undertand :(

No clue.

But send them all here.  

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xx_Kares_xX
All right, it's your choice. I'm still thankful for you showing me the site Falcon.. I'm thinking I'm gonna make my own page over there to be a hub for my challenge and challenges to come.. my goal is to make video reviews and such for these challenges and for them to grow bigger than they are <<...>>
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Falcon084

All right, it's your choice. I'm still thankful for you showing me the site Falcon.. I'm thinking I'm gonna make my own page over there to be a hub for my challenge and challenges to come.. my goal is to make video reviews and such for these challenges and for them to grow bigger than they are <<...>>Xx_Kares_xX

I will join!

BTW leader you might want to telegram the officers, to come here and decide, Then based on your decision you can telegram the whole union on what you've all decided. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Xx_Kares_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]All right, it's your choice. I'm still thankful for you showing me the site Falcon.. I'm thinking I'm gonna make my own page over there to be a hub for my challenge and challenges to come.. my goal is to make video reviews and such for these challenges and for them to grow bigger than they are <<...>>Falcon084

I will join!

BTW leader you might want to telegram the officers, to come here and decide, Then based on your decision you can telegram the whole union on what you've all decided. 

I'd greatly appreciate you joining ^^ Especially since I want other people to help me decide on challenge to do ^^. Hopefully I can avoid challenges THIS long for quite a while though @.@ lol

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 angelbless
[QUOTE="Falcon084"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]All right, it's your choice. I'm still thankful for you showing me the site Falcon.. I'm thinking I'm gonna make my own page over there to be a hub for my challenge and challenges to come.. my goal is to make video reviews and such for these challenges and for them to grow bigger than they are <<...>>Xx_Kares_xX

I will join!

I'd greatly appreciate you joining ^^ Especially since I want other people to help me decide on challenge to do ^^. Hopefully I can avoid challenges THIS long for quite a while though @.@ lol

Yep,Im working on that  right now. There are some people who worked with me for years and I will love to have their opinions too :).  i will create a topic, probably my last one O_O and after we take the decision, well ll that will be left will be to telegram all the memebers with the decision.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Xx_Kares_xX
I got the newsletter... 5 times lol
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 angelbless

I got the newsletter... 5 times lolXx_Kares_xX

Sorry about that :? dont know what is happening with the newsletter thingy :?

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Falcon084

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]I got the newsletter... 5 times lolangelbless

No problem. At least it was hard to miss lol. 

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 angelbless
[QUOTE="angelbless"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]I got the newsletter... 5 times lolFalcon084

No problem. At least it was hard to miss lol. 

hahah Yep :P. And we got some response too :)

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts
This is hectic..... Never seen this happen on GS before.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Falcon084

This is hectic..... Never seen this happen on GS before.Balmane

Rebel, Fight the power!... 

...well run to a new site anyway :P 

When are we going to move BTW? 

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts
I go whereever you all go!
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#42 vegeta789
Member since 2013 • 332 Posts
What so you mean this website isbeing moved? w's good to be back, hey everyone. Myy sister had my laptop 4 tha past 3 or 4 weeks. It got me plenty of new movies and series downloaded to my laptop. Oh, and the union is also the ony reason I visit this website. Man, this sucks!