maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts

We got a caption contest already set up for November...then December we might have a Sig or Banner competition, most likely sig. Greatest Hero will probably be done mid November or end November.

Anyone have suggestions about what we can host bin the union, games, events, thing such as those? You can look in our Official FFFU Hall of Fame to see our games and contests as well as FFFU Directory ~ Forum Rules, FanProjects, Hall of Fame, Games, Affiliation ~ in the games section ;)

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DreadDLordD
Member since 2005 • 2413 Posts

It's great we have competitions and games up and coming for the reboot. Although I would like to stress something if we want to keep the union's activity "consistent" and "fluent". It's hard to notice, but everyone has their own priorities when it comes to free time. We're on a infamous community with many fans of the game. Everyone can chip in their opinion so and so forth whenever they want to.

This is why I recommend that we do not expect too much activity to build up in a short period of time. Otherwise it will start looking obvious to us that some people have suddenly stopped contributing. Same can be said to myself. I had to give up contributing for an entire year because I needed to rack my brain up to prepare for exams. Because I had so much catching up to do due to my poor grades the previous year where I was a prominent user on gamespot.

Fundementally speaking, just keep the paste of the union "SLOW....". Don't make too many updates/new on the front page. Perhaps like one article a day or two. Or just weekly updates. Same goes for board topics, we currently have so many topics that if we make a single post on an old thread then it appears on the front page and extends towards the next. We don't want people to be overwhelmed by the amount of topics available since that would slightly discourage them to contribute. It's not necessarily a bad thing but ideally we should let everyone have a chance to post without too many distractions. I know this is a natural occurence but it's just a favourable suggestion for those who are dedicated to the union.

Things have gone down hill since KC resigned as leader and the weekly news letters came to a halt. Members suddenly disappeared and officers left their post unexpectedly. The key point I'm making to maintain a stable/secure union is through "Communication"! Understandbly this is primarily the leader/officers responsibility. Suffice to say, it's difficult keeping any sort of communication through forums because we're simply anonymous people using a nickname online. To summarise, it's very easy to lose interest and chemistry with our relationship through the forums because it's all just text/words being traded. It's not as easy as you think but the least I could suggest is to have our own voice com server where we can actually verbally interact. Skype is the best example. But this is just entirely optional. So remember

- Take things slow/steady
- Regular communication with leader/officers.
- Remember everyone has their own priorities to consider.
- Most importantly, have fun and don't take the unions activity too seriously!

Haha, so don't take these as ground rules, just logical steps in making things better for the future! ^___^

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 maniamsmart
Thank you for these contributions. You wrote a lot, but i read everything and gained some useful hints and comments that could help the union. And by the way we do weekly updates :D ad me and angelbless are already working on newsletter again :D
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 magitekk
Member since 2009 • 3959 Posts
Gimme a fanart thread, dammit.
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 maniamsmart
Gimme a fanart thread, dammit.magitekk
Go to the FFFU Directory which is sticked and look for Fan Projects....that will explain it ;)
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DreadDLordD

lol fiesty little tiger, we should probably lock her in a cage for safety purposes!

I also suggest that if possible we have a introductory thread with our own photos? Similar to the FFE I suppose, not everyone has to reveal their face.

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 maniamsmart

lol fiesty little tiger, we should probably lock her in a cage for safety purposes!

I also suggest that if possible we have a introductory thread with our own photos? Similar to the FFE I suppose, not everyone has to reveal their face.

DreadDLordD
THAT will have to be discussed with angelbless, because that has been brought up several times, i think we have even attempted to make a topic several times and probably have a topic like that floating around somewhere in the 15 page or somewhere
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DreadDLordD
[QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

maniamsmart

THAT will have to be discussed with angelbless, because that has been brought up several times, i think we have even attempted to make a topic several times and probably have a topic like that floating around somewhere in the 15 page or somewhere

Ahh, I'll go dig that up from the grave, this is gonna be one heck of a long exhibition :P

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 maniamsmart
[QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

DreadDLordD

Ahh, I'll go dig that up from the grave, this is gonna be one heck of a long exhibition :P

haha good luck but iam not sure if its there
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DreadDLordD
After hours and hours of restless clicking... I unearthed nothing :(

Btw smarts I left some feedback regarding the Funny Caption Contest for this year in the Costa Del Sol forums.
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 maniamsmart
After hours and hours of restless clicking... I unearthed nothing :(

Btw smarts I left some feedback regarding the Funny Caption Contest for this year in the Costa Del Sol forums.DreadDLordD
:o how do you know of that place?
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DreadDLordD
Angel sent me an invite last year, but I only recently joined. Quite the handy hide out ;)
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 maniamsmart

Angel sent me an invite last year, but I only recently joined. Quite the handy hide out ;)DreadDLordD
haha yes it is...just dont scream it to the entire world :P

Thought do you know of the FFFUBTP?

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts

[QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]Angel sent me an invite last year, but I only recently joined. Quite the handy hide out ;)maniamsmart

haha yes it is...just dont scream it to the entire world :P

Now he does it :P lol.. :lol:

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DreadDLordD
How was I suppose to know our precious resort was a taboo subject :?

If we're endangered of getting our hotel burnt down you might as well delete my post :P
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DreadDLordD

maniamsmart

That I was aware of way before CDS. Hardly anyone posts around those unions nowadays.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 magitekk
I still don't see my damn art thread...
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 maniamsmart

I still don't see my damn art thread...magitekk
I repeat:

Go to the FFFU Directory which is sticked and look for Fan Projects....that will explain it

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 magitekk

[QUOTE="magitekk"]I still don't see my damn art thread...maniamsmart

I repeat:

Go to the FFFU Directory which is sticked and look for Fan Projects....that will explain it

You post here >=(

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DreadDLordD
Final Fantasy Fans Union FanProjects Archive

Go and sniff it out puppy.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 magitekk
Magitekk not happy. Too confusing. You make art thread nao >=(
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DreadDLordD
Ahh, apart from making a new art thread. I reckon we should bring back the FFFU Insider interviews on track. We need nominations who wishes to be interviewed :D
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 angelbless

Ahh, apart from making a new art thread. I reckon we should bring back the FFFU Insider interviews on track. We need nominations who wishes to be interviewed :DDreadDLordD

Its a good idea!

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 magitekk
Art thread, where's my damn art thread...
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 angelbless

Art thread, where's my damn art thread...magitekk

ok. :P How should we do it?

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 magitekk
You gimme an art thread and you stick it, dammit.
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 angelbless

You gimme an art thread and you stick it, dammit.magitekk

So basically you are going to do the art? :o Sorry for the question cause it seems there are no other artists around :P lol

Ok So it will be kinda like a petition thread? Hey wait, t would be better if you create the threa. I can stick it for you :), that way it will have all the parameters you need.

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DreadDLordD

So basically you are going to do the art? :o Sorry for the question cause it seems there are no other artists around :P lol

Ok So it will be kinda like a petition thread? Hey wait, t would be better if you create the threa. I can stick it for you :), that way it will have all the parameters you need.

angelbless

Something like the FFE Art Thread. Just lists the names of the contributors who want to show off their admirable work. We could include any previous artwork/paintings that might be buried in our past threads by other users. Anyway, I nominate magitekk for FFFU Insider. Who else complies?
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 magitekk

Insider? 'Le f*ck?

...I dunno what you're implying 0.0

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 angelbless
[QUOTE="angelbless"]

DreadDLordD

Something like the FFE Art Thread. Just lists the names of the contributors who want to show off their admirable work. We could include any previous artwork/paintings that might be buried in our past threads by other users. Anyway, I nominate magitekk for FFFU Insider. Who else complies?

I understand now :P Thxs for the link!.

And I think it will be a good idea to let magitekk be the first one :)

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DreadDLordD

Insider? 'Le f*ck?

...I dunno what you're implying 0.0

magitekk

I take that as a Yes! Wait a moment and you'll see what I mean. 8)
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 magitekk
I think I've waited for a moment.
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 AlBeadFFx
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
I am bringing some games back, starting off with a schedule to keep myself from burning out. Expect a game sometime in the near future... just gotta come up with one that will bring some more activity
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 angelbless

I am bringing some games back, starting off with a schedule to keep myself from burning out. Expect a game sometime in the near future... just gotta come up with one that will bring some more activityAlBeadFFx

Those are great news! been neding some of them. What about Hangman?  Anyway I left it to your choice :)

I will have to get rid of that Christmas Signature too :P I will try to change the theme by the end of this weekend :)

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AlBeadFFx

[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]I am bringing some games back, starting off with a schedule to keep myself from burning out. Expect a game sometime in the near future... just gotta come up with one that will bring some more activityangelbless

Those are great news! been neding some of them. What about Hangman?  Anyway I left it to your choice :)

I will have to get rid of that Christmas Signature too :P I will try to change the theme by the end of this weekend :)

Give me a few days to get organized and I can have hangman going for a couple of weeks. Then I'll lurk for a month or so then get another game going. I will keep this pattern just so I won't burn out

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 angelbless
[QUOTE="angelbless"]

[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]I am bringing some games back, starting off with a schedule to keep myself from burning out. Expect a game sometime in the near future... just gotta come up with one that will bring some more activityAlBeadFFx

Give me a few days to get organized and I can have hangman going for a couple of weeks. Then I'll lurk for a month or so then get another game going. I will keep this pattern just so I won't burn out

Sure! Thxs again. Whatever you need :). Take good care!

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DreadDLordD
Forum Activity seems to be flourishing ever so happily :D

Now all we need is those monthly telegram updates. I'm lost. SMARTS!!!!!
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AlBeadFFx

Well like i said, i shall get games going and leave one month inbetween games at the minimum

Plus, i need to get used to sending telegrams out for the games as well

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 angelbless

Forum Activity seems to be flourishing ever so happily :D

Now all we need is those monthly telegram updates. I'm lost. SMARTS!!!!!
DreadDLordD

Yeah! Im happy to see that too :), very happy! thxs to everyone!. About the Newsletters, I have some new model I want to apply. Skye89 was woking with some ideas, so we may re launch the Newsletter in February :D!

Now lets think if they will be monthly or weekly :?

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 magitekk

Ehhhh....newsletters.

I'm the type of person who likes to look up and see new mail in my inbox and go, 'OmG i g0t pr0motd lyk kjfhfudhfdmh!111', but when I find out it's just a newsletter, I'm like, 'aww, now I'm sad' :(

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts

I have little experience sending Newsletters. But I did it for the Little Big Planet Community which I used be a part of.

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 magitekk

I have little experience sending Newsletters. But I did it for the Little Big Planet Community which I used be a part of.

Balmane

Get any hate mail?

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DreadDLordD
Have the telegram monthly from now. I think weekly was too frequent and I admit KC did put a lot of effort in trying to get the message across to everyone. Has anyone even got an old telegram message in their inbox? I don't unfortunately :(
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Balmane
[QUOTE="Balmane"]

magitekk

Get any hate mail?

Nope... Got a little activity :P 

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AlBeadFFx

Have the telegram monthly from now. I think weekly was too frequent and I admit KC did put a lot of effort in trying to get the message across to everyone. Has anyone even got an old telegram message in their inbox? I don't unfortunately :(DreadDLordD

I used to... just cleaned out my inbox when i came back

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 angelbless
[QUOTE="Balmane"]

magitekk

Get any hate mail?

I did, specially complaining about two or three telegrams arriving at their inboxes at the same time. I swear it was glitch spot :cry:

Have the telegram monthly from now. I think weekly was too frequent and I admit KC did put a lot of effort in trying to get the message across to everyone. Has anyone even got an old telegram message in their inbox? I don't unfortunately :(DreadDLordD

Yeah thats probably a good idea, when Kc left I tried to maintain the weekly telegrams, but with work, college and personal life, plus updating the news and the topics, it was hell in my head.

Thats when I realized how hard must have been, updating Final Battle and everything :?

Lets see if I can get some time tomorrow to work in this.

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 angelbless

Ok the Newsletter is ready :D! we are back to business friends! Thxs to all of you :)

Also, I fixed some content from the directory.

New Banners primarily and secoundary. That means a new personal theme for the union. And since the subject is hot. FFXIII :P. We used to change from theme to theme back in joeadonis and KC´s days, and FFXIII was never used as a theme. SO dont hate it.

Looking for afiliates, external and internal. If somebody wants to help me with it, I will be really gratefull. Also, please lets try to use CostaDelSol union again, Myself included.

What more... Does anybody now if GS fixed the level glitch for the unions?. I saw FFE at level 15 :?. Its been 4 years and we havent leveled up. Guess we will need to ask GS directly. Again if somebody could help me, I will appreciate it :).

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Balmane

You have to ask permission to level up?

Thats rediculous. 

angelbless

Forum Posts