Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts

For those who haventseen these trailers, Watch them at the news :P

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_article.php?topic_id=26709987&union_id=6033

Well, after seeing both trailers, Im quite impressed with the graphics, and the music composition . Though there is no much new on both games, we could see SE is working hard in both games. Just one little thing... Why did FFXIIIs trailer said

Coming Soon 2009....PlayStation3... and Not PS3 and...360. Maybe productions will still be based on the PS3 and then they will port it to the 360..:?

black_hen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 black_hen
Member since 2008 • 367 Posts

It's only going to 360 after it does well on ps3 in japan and the us

Doesn't bother me

equimanthorn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 equimanthorn01
Member since 2008 • 1769 Posts
I watch those trailers and think "What the hell did they do to Final Fantasy?!"
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

Apparently, 4:01 - 4:07 for the Versus XIII trailer are supposed to be IN-GAME. Amazing.

Also:

I watch those trailers and think "What the hell did they do to Final Fantasy?!"equimanthorn01

This.

Han_the_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Han_the_Dragon
Member since 2006 • 1506 Posts

I watch those trailers and think "What the hell did they do to Final Fantasy?!"equimanthorn01

Agree.

None of the FF games got so extreme as XIII is looking like when it comes to fantasy, and VS is looking different the the FF games we got so far.

And now after watching those 2 trailers, I think I will like more VS then XIII, specially because of the atmosphere and ambient that I was able to capt form the trailers, I really think the XIII may be taking fantasy to a extreme, and trying to merge it to much with Sci-Fi things... at the start when I saw the beginning of it I was thinking it would be some wild world, with a moder civilisation there, but then with those ships and all that I got a big feeling that I was watching something related to Star Ocean or something rather then FF...

And I hope that this time they do better then in XII, since graphically those trailers look amazing and I'm sure the game will be at that level, but then XII was also amazing graphically (specially for a ps2 game), but the story killed it for me, since there was a really bad pacing in it (to long dungeons, and distances between story events), but the gameplay was fine for a change, so I just hope that both XIII and VS XIII have a better story then XII, preferably as good as P3 (without being so dark, since this is FF not SMT or Persona) or as good as FFX, since I doubt I will ever see a story better made then any of those 2 games (may top 2 RPGs I guess...), and as for the battle system, well here I really don't care as much, as long as it's a fun system, since I always liked the ATB one, liked the TB used in X, as well as the Press Turn from DDS and Nocturne, as well as P3 battle system, as well as Shadow Hearts (to some extent), as well as Valkyria Chronicles (it wouldn't work here...), or Star Oceans 3, or Valkyrie Profile 2 or Rogue Galaxy, or Dark Chronicles or Arc The Led or even Enchanted Arms (really don't ask way I enjoyed it)... so ya I like almost any kind of battle system in RPGs as long as they are fun and a bit innovative.. the only ones I didn't liked were Oblivion (I'm 1st persona allergic or something when it comes to games...) and Kingdom Hearts one, that system was badly done... but then KH2 got it improved and by a lot.. so I don't think I will be disappointed by the battle system that they will put in it...

Still both will be Europe release, day 1 buy if possible like Persona 4 and Gran Turismo 5... this is if I have money for it, other way GT5 takes priority over any, followed by VS XIII and then P4, leaving XIII for last... unless until then some new trailers, info or reviews at the time make me change my mind... still GT5 release day buy no matter what (but then the game probably only will be out in 2010, so not posing a big threat to any of the 3 RPGs...)

unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts
I found it quite Meh. Aside from VS13, Chrono Trigger, and SO SE's library has seemed... mediocre as of late
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
Welll yip FFXIIi is taking the fantasy to a different level.. Vs XIII seems to take the series to a different side. More realistic, adding fantasy to the reality somehow...I really agree with Han_the_dragon here cause there were manyRPGS with an incredible content and i think i will still love the ATB battle ...
equimanthorn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 equimanthorn01
Member since 2008 • 1769 Posts

Apparently, 4:01 - 4:07 for the Versus XIII trailer are supposed to be IN-GAME. Amazing.

Also:

[QUOTE="equimanthorn01"]I watch those trailers and think "What the hell did they do to Final Fantasy?!"DrAwesomeMD

This.

I had a feeling you might agree with me :P
lestat23l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lestat23l
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII wont be released on 360 in Japan, only in America, and this is after the release of the ps3 version, they actually said they wont start porting it until the ps3 version is released.

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 smootheyes2
Member since 2005 • 3203 Posts
I like the FF Versus XIII trailer. Somnus is a great theme. The visuals work perfectly with the soundtrack to the clip. THe clip is also very crystal blue, with hardly any variation in colour throughout the video. THe hues are all very deep blue and blacks. It makes for an interesting clip, showing things to come.
DreamersLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 DreamersLegacy
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts

Not that much impressed with FFXIII but I seriously got goosebumps with versus XIII trailer, the music took by breath away, I guess Yoko Shimomura is capable of epic themes like those composed by Uematsu (Liberi Fatali;One Winged Angel etc.)

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts
Wow VS XIII blew me away!!! As for XIII itself looks great aswell but they didn't show enough... Still getting them though! :D