mztazmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mztazmz
Member since 2003 • 1405 Posts

and the best part is "Final Fantasy Versus XIII will have a lot of freedom, Nomura noted. With all the freedom, Nomura expects players to not be able to experience everything in one go."

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/01/nomura_ffxvxiii_famitsu/

it sounds like Square(or at least Nomura) is listening to the fans issues with XIII. Now personally I love XIII, but it would have been even better if it had exploration, more side quests, hidden treasure, etc. Looks like Versus will be everything that was great about XIII plus lots of great things from previous FF games:)

and this should make valereth happy, right???

Oh and Mr. Nomura, while you're doing all this great stuff, could you PLEASE frikin' put both English and Japanese language options in the game menu? Thanks8)

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DreadDLordD
Member since 2005 • 2413 Posts
Hearing this makes me think this is all a trial just to maintain the equilibrium of freedom when Square or should I say, SE!! Should've stuck to the original formula. Freedom that you can't explore in one go yah say now?! Well no wonder its taking so damn long to work on. They've probably been generating dozens of hours trying to render the lush environments in comparison to XIII.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 magitekk
Member since 2009 • 3959 Posts

Oh and Mr. Nomura, while you're doing all this great stuff, could you PLEASE frikin' put both English and Japanese language options in the game menu? Thanks8)

mztazmz

Uh, okay. If the english voice acting was bad in FFXIII, then I don't know what the hell good voice acting is.

cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 cjimrun
Member since 2011 • 1255 Posts
[QUOTE="mztazmz"]

magitekk

Uh, okay. If the english voice acting was bad in FFXIII, then I don't know what the hell good voice acting is.

I thought the voice acting in FFXIII was pretty good for the most part, but I'd also like a Japanese language option. Even in english I play XIII with the subtitles on cuz I prefer reading these games.

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DreadDLordD
Don't get me wrong on this but I have a inkling that this whole thing between Noctis and Stella in conversation at the penthouse might be some sort of reference to Romeo + Juliet? Because I have been wondering why recently the romance department has been so demure for Versus XIII.

It's like this, both characters come from two prestigious families with their own ambitious goals (possibly long-term heir nation rivarly). From what I can judge from the translation they seem to share a great deal of empathy which could potentially develop strong rapport between the two. But then there's a moral dilemma. Regardless of their feelings for each other, where does thekr loyalty remain? Family or Lover?

I know it sounds ridiculous at the moment since they do fight each other but it's just a possible intertextual analogy.
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts

Don't get me wrong on this but I have a inkling that this whole thing between Noctis and Stella in conversation at the penthouse might be some sort of reference to Romeo + Juliet? Because I have been wondering why recently the romance department has been so demure for Versus XIII.

It's like this, both characters come from two prestigious families with their own ambitious goals (possibly long-term heir nation rivarly). From what I can judge from the translation they seem to share a great deal of empathy which could potentially develop strong rapport between the two. But then there's a moral dilemma. Regardless of their feelings for each other, where does thekr loyalty remain? Family or Lover?

I know it sounds ridiculous at the moment since they do fight each other but it's just a possible intertextual analogy. DreadDLordD

It seems like you are right.And maybe Stellás kingdom needs that last Crystal, which is in potention of Nocti´s father.

I personally like the idea of open worlds and exploration. Like finding new summons, doing quests for ultimate weapons, and so. :) 

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DreadDLordD
There's still so much yet to be revealed. Hopefully SE/Sony make good use of this years E3. I also can't help but think how painfully slow and sluggish the way SE are handling Versus XIII's publicity.

Are there no female playable characters?!?! Wow they're really asserting male dominance this time around.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 magitekk
If that's really how the story of Versus goes then all I can say is, "CLICHEEEEE!"
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts
I like the way they aren't giving much information. Makes the game a little mysterious.
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 AlBeadFFx
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
Well that makes me a happy camper! cant wait for Vs XIII to come out now!
mztazmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mztazmz

I'm not saying it's bad at all, but having the option is always nice. And Square said that they could have easily done it on the PS3 version of XIII, but didn't to "be fair" to the 360 owners:roll:

And Star Ocean 4 on PS3 had 6 languages so I having 2 on Versus should be no problem.

And maybe because I'm learning Japanese that I have such a desire, although I'll prolly get the Japanese version of Versus so I can get the game early and then play it understanding 10% of the dialogue, WAIT......by the time they actually release Versus, I will prolly be fluent! Sweet, can't wait:)

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 magitekk
What are you, like in your 20s? Learning a new language is pretty much impossible by then. :?
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 angelbless

What are you, like in your 20s? Learning a new language is pretty much impossible by then. :?magitekk

Im also learning  Japanese for over 2 years:? is Damn hard though, so even if I get the Japanese VsXIII version, I would probably understand less than that 10% of mz :cry: . It will be great if it has a language selector though :P. It will be fair for all the wait :twisted:

mztazmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mztazmz

What are you, like in your 20s? Learning a new language is pretty much impossible by then. :?magitekk

Alright Miss magitekk, when I'm fluent in 日本語, you'll be the first to know:D It's not impossible, just that the mind becomes more stubborn as it gets older. But there are ways around this and things are going well so far;)

And playing the Japanese version of Versus a few months before it comes here is the extra motivation I need:twisted:

Then I'll hack the game and burn a disc with English subs for angelbless, lol.

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 angelbless

[QUOTE="magitekk"]What are you, like in your 20s? Learning a new language is pretty much impossible by then. :?mztazmz

Alright Miss magitekk, when I'm fluent in 日本語, you'll be the first to know:D It's not impossible, just that the mind becomes more stubborn as it gets older. But there are ways around this and things are going well so far;)

And playing the Japanese version of Versus a few months before it comes here is the extra motivation I need:twisted:

Then I'll hack the game and burn a disc with English subs for angelbless, lol.

MZ ひどい!!!!

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Balmane
I find it hard to learn German.... It would be even harder to learn Japanese :P
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DreadDLordD
The best way is just to live in that country and become familiar with the language itself. In comparison to speaking mandarin with my parents at home then in Taiwan. All the teens use so much slang that I can barely keep up with what they're saying! But then again I never went to chinese school so my chinese is still somewhat rudimentary.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Balmane
I would like to go to Japan for awhile just to learn the language and explore. Then I wouldn't have to wait for english version of games :P
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AlBeadFFx

I find it hard to learn German.... It would be even harder to learn Japanese :PBalmane

well i dont know about learning Japanese, but learning German was a piece of cake.

back to verses and the language options, i wouldnt mind playing the game in japanese and having english subs

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 magitekk

The best way is just to live in that country and become familiar with the language itself. In comparison to speaking mandarin with my parents at home then in Taiwan. All the teens use so much slang that I can barely keep up with what they're saying! But then again I never went to chinese school so my chinese is still somewhat rudimentary.DreadDLordD

This.

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 angelbless

[QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]The best way is just to live in that country and become familiar with the language itself. In comparison to speaking mandarin with my parents at home then in Taiwan. All the teens use so much slang that I can barely keep up with what they're saying! But then again I never went to chinese school so my chinese is still somewhat rudimentary.magitekk

This.

I know :(. But first I will need to win the scholarship this year, hope it goes well cause applications start on April :o

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 magitekk

Going to Japan would be pretty cool, but also pretty awkward at the same time.

Lol, we'd tower over most of them...not to mention that being white would grab some attention also :/

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 valereth-1
Member since 2009 • 9249 Posts
Wait....therei s going to be freedom of exploration in FF VS XIII? Sweet! I love that in RPGs. That's part of why I love games like Mass Effect, Fallout KOTOR and the Elder Scrolls series so damned much. That is part of why I loved Final Fantasy XII so damned much and the lack of exploration is part of why I dislike Final Fantasy XIII so much. Exploration is a key element to RPGs. It always has been
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 magitekk

Wait....therei s going to be freedom of exploration in FF VS XIII? Sweet! I love that in RPGs. That's part of why I love games like Mass Effect, Fallout KOTOR and the Elder Scrolls series so damned much. That is part of why I loved Final Fantasy XII so damned much and the lack of exploration is part of why I dislike Final Fantasy XIII so much. Exploration is a key element to RPGs. It always has beenvalereth-1

You were lvl. 30 a couple days ago. Looks like someone was modded :P

mztazmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mztazmz

Wait....therei s going to be freedom of exploration in FF VS XIII? Sweet! I love that in RPGs. That's part of why I love games like Mass Effect, Fallout KOTOR and the Elder Scrolls series so damned much. That is part of why I loved Final Fantasy XII so damned much and the lack of exploration is part of why I dislike Final Fantasy XIII so much. Exploration is a key element to RPGs. It always has beenvalereth-1

dude, where have you been?

Nomura will throw Wada out of a window of the top floor at Square's headquarters before he let's that a-hole ruin Versus. and after XIII, Nomura knows exactly what NOT to do;)

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Balmane

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]Wait....therei s going to be freedom of exploration in FF VS XIII? Sweet! I love that in RPGs. That's part of why I love games like Mass Effect, Fallout KOTOR and the Elder Scrolls series so damned much. That is part of why I loved Final Fantasy XII so damned much and the lack of exploration is part of why I dislike Final Fantasy XIII so much. Exploration is a key element to RPGs. It always has beenmztazmz

Nomura will throw Wada out of a window of the top floor at Square's headquarters before he let's that a-hole ruin Versus. and after XIII, Nomura knows exactly what NOT to do;)

Yep learnt from past mistakes and intake from fans.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 valereth-1
Member since 2009 • 9249 Posts

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]Wait....therei s going to be freedom of exploration in FF VS XIII? Sweet! I love that in RPGs. That's part of why I love games like Mass Effect, Fallout KOTOR and the Elder Scrolls series so damned much. That is part of why I loved Final Fantasy XII so damned much and the lack of exploration is part of why I dislike Final Fantasy XIII so much. Exploration is a key element to RPGs. It always has beenmztazmz

What? I didn't go anywhere :|
mztazmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mztazmz

[QUOTE="mztazmz"]valereth-1

What? I didn't go anywhere :|

I know, I just mean that Versus being open world has been known for sometime and seeing as how you love open world as a feature, I figured you knew:P

But I am VERY excited about this as the games looks amazing from the little we've seen so being open world is the icing on the cake8)

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
That's good to hear. I've never been one to do a whole lot of exploring (I mainly do the main quest in FFs and rarely do sidequests), but it's good that they're putting it in for those who do. :)
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AlBeadFFx
wandering around looking for anything and everything is something i miss from the more recent final fantasies. so i am completely ready for versus to come out NOW! even though i mainly explore after i beat the game for the first time
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Balmane

wandering around looking for anything and everything is something i miss from the more recent final fantasies. so i am completely ready for versus to come out NOW! even though i mainly explore after i beat the game for the first timeAlBeadFFx

Same with me. It depends if the story drags me in or not.

mztazmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mztazmz

[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]wandering around looking for anything and everything is something i miss from the more recent final fantasies. so i am completely ready for versus to come out NOW! even though i mainly explore after i beat the game for the first timeBalmane

So has anyone ever gone exploring for so long that when you get back to the story, you have somewhat forgotten what is going on?

That happened to me in XII when I spent a couple weeks doing sidequests and getting rare items.

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 magitekk
[QUOTE="Balmane"]

[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]wandering around looking for anything and everything is something i miss from the more recent final fantasies. so i am completely ready for versus to come out NOW! even though i mainly explore after i beat the game for the first timemztazmz

So has anyone ever gone exploring for so long that when you get back to the story, you have somewhat forgotten what is going on?

That happened to me in XII when I spent a couple weeks doing sidequests and getting rare items.

It's actually happened to me with most FF games :P

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Balmane
[QUOTE="Balmane"]

[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]wandering around looking for anything and everything is something i miss from the more recent final fantasies. so i am completely ready for versus to come out NOW! even though i mainly explore after i beat the game for the first timemztazmz

Nope.... The story of FF games always get me stuck in. 

cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 cjimrun
Member since 2011 • 1255 Posts
[QUOTE="Balmane"]

Yep, in IX cuz there is so much extra stuff to do.  Complete all of Chocobo hot and cold and find every treasure; find and feed all the friendly creatures to move Ozma closer; encounter and win against Jaberwocky like 20 times or something; and then there's all the cards.  This is the first game I put +99 hrs on and i still don't think I understood it.

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 angelbless
[QUOTE="mztazmz"][QUOTE="Balmane"]

[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]wandering around looking for anything and everything is something i miss from the more recent final fantasies. so i am completely ready for versus to come out NOW! even though i mainly explore after i beat the game for the first timemagitekk

It's actually happened to me with most FF games :P

Yeah, same here. :(

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AlBeadFFx
[QUOTE="Balmane"]

both in XII and III for myself