Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
Type

We've all seen the different petitions imploring Square Enix to bring Final Fantasy Type-0 over to the West, but one group of fans have taken matters into their own hands!.

As posted on the GBA Temp forums, poster SkyBladeCloud has showcased his work so far on a full port of Final Fantasy Type-0. In a video (see below) he highlights how easy it is to manipulate the game's subtitles and cutscenes by reverse-engineering the game.

You can also see him playing through different sections, while also changing discs using a ROM - which goes against how the PlayStation Portable should be used.

LINK TO VIDEO HERE

Fatal Frame IV Mask of the Lunar Eclipse port from Canadian group went very well so Im pretty vonfident this might work too smile.gif

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lordmew
Member since 2009 • 1315 Posts

Only fitting that Square gets to learn that people actually mean what they say when they want stuff. Caocom got it the hard way, and got mad when an english version of their game got unleagly translated and cracked by the public. They even tried the patience of the masses by using ages on a port, and then the public beat them in making it, and they got even more furious.

The best Square could do, is hire the man. He knows what he is doing, so why the hell not, then they get to release it themselves

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Xx_Kares_xX
Member since 2009 • 1479 Posts
I've been following that translation group for a while now, it looks pretty promising. I don't like how you put 'impatient' fans though... it's not about being 'patient' anymore, square straight up said they aren't giving us the game. End of story. All of the other RPGs that have been brought over (that fans requested) already had an English version, this is not the case with Type-0. Basically what it comes down to is Square not wanting to hire an english voice cast (which is stupid) but whatever. I'd play the game in it's original japanese with subtitles as I'm sure many others would. Better to have subtitles than not be able to play it at all right?
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 angelbless

Only fitting that Square gets to learn that people actually mean what they say when they want stuff. Caocom got it the hard way, and got mad when an english version of their game got unleagly translated and cracked by the public. They even tried the patience of the masses by using ages on a port, and then the public beat them in making it, and they got even more furious.

The best Square could do, is hire the man. He knows what he is doing, so why the hell not, then they get to release it themselves

lordmew

Amen to that :)

I've been following that translation group for a while now, it looks pretty promising. I don't like how you put 'impatient' fans though... it's not about being 'patient' anymore, square straight up said they aren't giving us the game. End of story. All of the other RPGs that have been brought over (that fans requested) already had an English version, this is not the case with Type-0. Basically what it comes down to is Square not wanting to hire an english voice cast (which is stupid) but whatever. I'd play the game in it's original japanese with subtitles as I'm sure many others would. Better to have subtitles than not be able to play it at all right?Xx_Kares_xX

Well the  "Impatient" thingy wasnt my idea lol.. it was the news headline .. I could have have changed it but I was in a hurry :(

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xx_Kares_xX
Lol it wouldn't matter if it was your idea... just my cynical annoyance rearing it's ugly head.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts
I still don't understand.... It would have sold well.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Xx_Kares_xX
They just don't care about their fans anymore. And in there theory it wouldn't have sold very well. By the time Type-0 came out, the PSP was essentially dead in America, and the Vita still hasn't sold at all really.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Balmane
It would be cool if the fans imported it and SE were okay with it.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xx_Kares_xX

Square has shut down groups for making fan games... they aren't going to stand for this.. I wish the fan translation hadn't gotten this publicity because as soon as Square finds out there will be a cease and desist letter sent out.

And guys it's not a fan import, it's a fan translation. You have to have a hacked PSP to even play it...x.x

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Balmane
Oh.... well I would get mine hacked just to play it. 
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xx_Kares_xX
I would too.. I'm just making sure everyone knows the truth about what this REALLY is...
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 angelbless

Oh.... well I would get mine hacked just to play it. Balmane

I guess that will be my option too :P

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts
They just don't care about their fans anymore. And in there theory it wouldn't have sold very well. By the time Type-0 came out, the PSP was essentially dead in America, and the Vita still hasn't sold at all really.Xx_Kares_xX
The Vita hasn't sold? I know a lot of people who have it :o
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xx_Kares_xX
It hasn't sold enough to be fiscally sound for the company that is.