Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

would you rather it be

- a sequel/prequel of another Final Fantasy title? [like FFVII: Advent Children]

- a whole new original story? [like the FF: Spirits Within]

- based on an existing FF game?
[not done before, but will have the same storyline as the game itself, just telling the story movie-style]

Brian_WCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Brian_WCU
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts
Orginal, not extra crispy please. SW was decent, better then AC imo.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts

I would either like to see a movie, serving as either a sequel or prequel to an existing game..

OR

a FF movie which is produced, and leads into a new FF game, i.e. if they were to do it for FXIII  they would make a movie than the game and have the game continue on from the movie's endpoint

FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
I like it alot more if it's a new story. But kinda conected to FF games...A huge movie maybe:P? Lol, no thats just wrong. But make it look just like FF games if you get me...
joeadonis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 joeadonis1
Member since 2004 • 1567 Posts

Id like to see another anime set in the FF universe. Like Legend of the Crystal, and not Unlimited.

Although the Final Fantasy 8 story  done as a film would be pretty cool. A prequel would be good to, it could follow Laguna around and tell his story.

-weezer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 -weezer-
Member since 2006 • 1895 Posts
I'd like a sequal because it'd be cool to see the characters in a movie after playing with 'em.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
I would agree with this, but I would not object to a prequel to FFVI about the War of the Magi
Orginal, not extra crispy please. SW was decent, better then AC imo.Brian_WCU
ILuvCharmed1s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ILuvCharmed1s
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts
I hated SW it lacked Final Fantasy elements. Where were the summons and the magic. It was more like an alien movie (well actually I think it was. I haven't seen it in ages). If they made an original story it needs to have final fantasy elements and lovable characters that you feel connected to. Well I'd say sequal to an original game. I would love to see VIII sequal (dunno what they'd add though but I'd love it anyway) or maybe they should do one based on an original game. Instead of a remake of VII maybe a 3-4 hour film of the story (personally I'd ratehr have the game but it's just an idea).
blazndragon0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blazndragon0
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts
i think it would be cool if they had a movie based on an existing FF game... that would be pretty sick. like maybe FF9 or FF6(the version with Kefka).
aeris101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aeris101
Member since 2006 • 448 Posts

Id like to see another anime set in the FF universe. Like Legend of the Crystal, and not Unlimited.

Although the Final Fantasy 8 story  done as a film would be pretty cool. A prequel would be good to, it could follow Laguna around and tell his story.

joeadonis1

I agree, with the story line of ff8 would make a good movie,but it wouldn't hurt to come up with a new idea

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fs_metal
I hated SW it lacked Final Fantasy elements. Where were the summons and the magic. It was more like an alien movie (well actually I think it was. I haven't seen it in ages). If they made an original story it needs to have final fantasy elements and lovable characters that you feel connected to. Well I'd say sequal to an original game. I would love to see VIII sequal (dunno what they'd add though but I'd love it anyway) or maybe they should do one based on an original game. Instead of a remake of VII maybe a 3-4 hour film of the story (personally I'd ratehr have the game but it's just an idea). ILuvCharmed1s
It was nothing like any of the Alien films. Yes it was sci fi, butso were FFVII and FFVIII. They were drastically different than previous FF games, and no one complained. The game had what makes FF FF: Fantastic production and a great story. TSW was aa very good movie. It had it's bad points, such as dry voice acting (FFX had that, and no one complained) and not so great scripting (every single FF besodes XII had that and no one complained), but it was a very good film
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
I think SW had a better story than AC, not that that's hard....
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fs_metal
I think SW had a better story than AC, not that that's hard....Darmi
I would agree with this
RaiKageRyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RaiKageRyu
Member since 2004 • 4204 Posts
I think Final Fantasy is cursed when it comes to anime. Both of them failed. Maybe, if they produced it with the quality of Last Order, then maybe it wouldn't have done as bad.

Another movie? An original movie would be nice but a little more true to the essence of Final Fantasy would be much appreciated. A movie-based on an existing Final Fantasy game? That would be difficult in both adaptation and selecting which one to do. If pulled off correctly however, it would be quite awesome.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fs_metal

I think Final Fantasy is cursed when it comes to anime. Both of them failed. Maybe, if they produced it with the quality of Last Order, then maybe it wouldn't have done as bad.

Another movie? An original movie would be nice but a little more true to the essence of Final Fantasy would be much appreciated. A movie-based on an existing Final Fantasy game? That would be difficult in both adaptation and selecting which one to do. If pulled off correctly however, it would be quite awesome.
RaiKageRyu
If they had good stories and characters, they might have been good. Production quality was not the problem with LotC and FFU

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts
Theres already movies for FF12.Its called Star Wars
Karinka19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17 Karinka19
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts

if they made another movie i would hope it relate to a previous game or intro to another because spirits within was just crrrrrrrrrrap

terran3999999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 terran3999999
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts

I think, nay, I say Square Enix and movies just don't go well together.

SW bombed and AC was great to me but only cause I am fanboy from a normal person's perspective it just seems like an typical Japanese action movie.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fs_metal
TSW was a good movie people.
ILuvCharmed1s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ILuvCharmed1s
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts
I can't remember SW and I watched it a few times and usually I remember movies clearly if they are good which shows how boring I found sw. I loved AC and thought it was pretty good. Its hard to fit much into a sequal to a 3 disk game in 1 hour and a half. It would have been so much better if Yuffie, Barrett and the rest got more than just a small cameo in the film. They were important characters in the game (well Yuffie and Vincent weren't cuz they were optional but Yuffie roks so she needed more of a role.) anyway gettin back on topic SE do really suck at making films and should stick to sequals to games I like the compilation FF7 is gettin it expands the best story eva lol.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fs_metal
AC wasn't a good movie
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
AC wasn't a good moviefs_metal
I agree, it was quite sub-par. The best parts were the combat scenes, though that's not saying much. The story was as good as FFVII's, i.e. not very good. And all the good characters like Cait Sith got minor roles...
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

November 16th 2006

TSW was a good movie people.fs_metal

November 17th 2006

Lol? I think TSW is a great stand alone. It's a great movie and story without "Final Fantasy" in it. The only thing that really manages to put FF together in that movie was Cid, but it was even spelt as "Sid".

FFVII AC, on the other hand, has got one of the worst stories one could ever get off a sequel. No real development was made, i feel that it's like a "reprise" of FFVII. Having sephy come back and then defeating him again. [hell....even DoC has a better story] Basically, that movie, to me, is a venture by SE to let all FF players see FF characters in great CGI.

I would actually think that TSW's story would see more depth than AC, but well... AC sold millions. All because it was truly a Final Fantasy. And on that point, the only thing that made AC Final Fantasy, was the fact that it was a sequel from a Final Fantasy game.

fatality013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 fatality013
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I would like to see them make an original story but not like the movie FF: Spirits Within. Cause that movie didn't have the FF feel to it. To me it felt like they were just trying to make a quick buck off the FF name. You know make a quick movie and slap on the FF name so it will sell.

I want to see them make a movie that is like FF: Advent Children. Cause that movie actually gives you the FF feel. You know that real sci-fi feel. The mystical, dangerous, and yet exciting story and action. But FF: Advent Children had an advantage that FF: Spirits Within didn't. It just continued on an already existing and great story along with great action scenes. Were as FF: Spirits Within had a week story and good action scenes.

What they need to do in my opinion is take an idea that they have for a game and make it into a movie that has a really good original story(like the games do)and combine that with great actions scenes(like in FF: Advent Children). If they can pull that off they will have made a movie worthy of the FF name that is not a spin-off.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fs_metal

November 16th 2006
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]TSW was a good movie people.kinetic-core

November 17th 2006

Lol? I think TSW is a great stand alone. It's a great movie and story without "Final Fantasy" in it. The only thing that really manages to put FF together in that movie was Cid, but it was even spelt as "Sid".

FFVII AC, on the other hand, has got one of the worst stories one could ever get off a sequel. No real development was made, i feel that it's like a "reprise" of FFVII. Having sephy come back and then defeating him again. [hell....even DoC has a better story] Basically, that movie, to me, is a venture by SE to let all FF players see FF characters in great CGI.

I would actually think that TSW's story would see more depth than AC, but well... AC sold millions. All because it was truly a Final Fantasy. And on that point, the only thing that made AC Final Fantasy, was the fact that it was a sequel from a Final Fantasy game.

The story to TSW is a good one with quite a bit of depth. The story in AC serves the role of getting to the next badly choreographed fight scene
trcradical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 trcradical
Member since 2005 • 379 Posts
I honestly wouldn't care which game they use, though I think it'd be cool if they took a movie based on the Final Fantasy XI game and expansions. That way, they'd have room to work with.