** GASPS ** Final Fantasy XII on MYSPACE !

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

----- Related Article -----
Final Fantasy on MySpace.com

*gasps* :| *GASPS* :shock: at first, i couldn't believe it... :roll:

Opened by Square Enix itself, with a trailer and all :shock: amazing.....

What do you think of this "fan" approach by Square Enix?

ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
Too bad I only have a Friendster and Multiply account. :(
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kinetic-core

Who knows... MySpace may just have another few members because of this :? Perhaps, there was some sort of marketing agreement between SE and MySpace, oh well..

But don't you think this is good or bad? I'm skeptical. This could lower the professionalism of the Final Fantasy brand. But, in another case, this is a really good way to reach out to Final Fantasy fans. And a good way for Final Fantasy fans to reach to Square. :D

ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZhenDash
These days, MySpace is really way above Friendster due to the options that they are giving to their users to stylize their profiles that makes it really fun to use. Aside from games, there are also a lot of celebrities on MySpace too and the I haven't saw one account that have exceeded the friend count limit of MySpace. Another reason why MySpace was widely used by most companies and celebrties is that MySpace was very easy to contact and it'a a great alternative for companies like Square Enix to post their news and updates in their MySpace account directly instead of updating their official website which can take a lot of time.  
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kinetic-core
i believe so. Shall we create an account? Foresee the future... MySpace could be the next generation of news feed service for all entertainment companies! :shock:
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZhenDash
    Well, creating an account on MySpace as well as stylizing it may take time due to some of the raw html coding to be put in. It's more like creating halfway of a website, and looks basically like a Gamespot User page with a unique background and with some pictures over here, a flash embeded somewhere, a coupleof images over there, music playing in the background and some videos ready to be viewed. But, the downside is that it doesn't have a message board.

You can create a comment box by browsing some Php generators over the internet but messages that will coming in will be of course, multi topic and scattered. Another downside is that if all those beautifying elements will load at the same time (video, images, flash) that's going to take time to load. 
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kinetic-core
i feel like puking all of a sudden. That sounds like so much to do. :? But really, what's the point of owning a page there? And then being "someone's" friend?
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZhenDash
Basically, online community websites like MySpace, Frienster, Multiply, Hipstir, and even Hi5 are just free services for you to be updated with your friends by just looking at their profiles. It's just that when the of MySpace and Friendster have allowed users to use the power of HTML in order to make their profile a lot more beautiful as well as revealing expressions more and more. So, it's more like GeoCities and other free web hosting services on the internet out there 
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kinetic-core
you're making me change my mind too often... now i wanna create the account. :evil: do you have one?
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ZhenDash
I only have my Friendster account
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
I have a myspace account :P And there are websited you can go to which code all the HTML for you so all you need to do is insert the information. Also embedded videos are done via uploading so it's very easy to make a myspace, just it won't be very good. But if you look around, most of them are really tacky anyway.
Avatar image for The1-thtgotaway
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The1-thtgotaway
Member since 2006 • 5853 Posts
This game is going to be so good, and (INA) I'am gettin it. I can't wait, I was going to get Need For Speed Carbon but when I found out FFXII was coming out the same day I couldn't not buy it.
gman56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gman56
Member since 2004 • 6542 Posts
lol, everybody has a myspace (Well at least in America)  I'll go check it out.
MetroidXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 MetroidXPS
Member since 2004 • 85 Posts
I have a myspace account as well. It's good way to keep contact with friends. A lot of people I knew in real life that I haven't seen in years I find on there. Many more that don't seem to have an account yet though. It is time consuming and addicting, but if you can pull yourself away from it when you need to, it's not so bad.