MrSaturn33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 MrSaturn33
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

I'm dieing of curiosity here. So one day I play games on this NES emulator (I don'tplay them there instead of NES games for I have one, but I play them to see if I like them and then buy them, etc.), and I see this game called "super donkey kong" of course, I play it. This game had very similar music, graphics, and gameplay to donkey kong country, and I even saw it on this union's banner! Is super donkey kong the first DK game (You know what I mean--the first one with diddy kong, the evil crocidiles...) only realesed in japan (everything was in japnese...) or is it just some hack? I have to know!

(P.S. I tried searching on youtube, wikipedia, and google, nothing)

(P.S. This union RULES!!!)

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
It appears that Super Donkey Kong was merely the Japanese name for DK Country, nothing more (thanks wikipedia)
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
According to Phantom (or rather, Wikipedia.org :P ), looks like it's just the japanese title for DKC. I honestly didn't know that, so it looks like you just did the research for both of us Phantom. :)
MrSaturn33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 MrSaturn33
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

I'm dieing of curiosity here. So one day I play games on this NES emulator (I don'tplay them there instead of NES games for I have one, but I play them to see if I like them and then buy them, etc.), and I see this game called "super donkey kong" of course, I play it. This game had very similar music, graphics, and gameplay to donkey kong country, and I even saw it on this union's banner! Is super donkey kong the first DK game (You know what I mean--the first one with diddy kong, the evil crocidiles...) only realesed in japan (everything was in japnese...) or is it just some hack? I have to know!

(P.S. I tried searching on youtube, wikipedia, and google, nothing)

(P.S. This union RULES!!!)

MrSaturn33

I know more now. You two are 100% correct, but it is ALSO is an unoffacial hack that's basicly a NES port of Donkey Kong Land. I think It appears to the eft of a GBC in the banner. Or maybe that's the GBC version of Donkey Kong Country!?