REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

And here are my impressions (note that I didn't buy one, just checked out a friend's DSi):

Likes: Screens are noticeably bigger, more so than I expected. It looks slightly slimmer than before, and also has less of an Apple rip-off look to it. I also love the new menu that shows up when you turn the system on. The camera is also a nice touch, though the quality could have been better.

Dislikes: I kind of liked the Apple look of the DS Lite... and I also didn't see any drastic difference in how slim it was, or how the difference between it and the DS Lite are more than cosmetic. Maybe if it were less expensive, it would be worth it.

Anyone actually have a DSi?

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
I don't have one ... I want one mostly for the DSi Store though ... I might get one with my next paycheck, but I'm still not sure
ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ThePrince8605
Member since 2004 • 12523 Posts
i have one. i only got it beacuse it was half price when i traded my lite though.
gameman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 gameman9
Member since 2004 • 5949 Posts

I don't have one yet. I going to trade my DS lite for a DSi.

A Crystal Clear Look Inside The DSi

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

I'm not going to get one b/c it doesn't have a GBA slot.  In other news, I am thinking about getting a PSP Go! *gasp*

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
Happy with my DS Lite and that GBA slot something that I don't want to lose. Also trying to save for a......... PS3.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Phantom5800

Happy with my DS Lite and that GBA slot something that I don't want to lose. Also trying to save for a......... PS3.HyruleanLink
nice! You won't be disappointed.

I've decided against getting a DSi for now ... I have better things to spend my money on imo. I still really want one because of the DSi store and some of the games it is getting, but I'll have to hold off unless I somehow come into a lot of money.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#8 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

[QUOTE="HyruleanLink"]Happy with my DS Lite and that GBA slot something that I don't want to lose. Also trying to save for a......... PS3.Phantom5800

nice! You won't be disappointed.

I've decided against getting a DSi for now ... I have better things to spend my money on imo. I still really want one because of the DSi store and some of the games it is getting, but I'll have to hold off unless I somehow come into a lot of money.

I'd kind of like to get that Mario Vs. Donkey Kong expansion-ish game from the DSi Store.... but worth $170 in order to access the DSi Store? Eh.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phantom5800
I'd kind of like to get that Mario Vs. Donkey Kong expansion-ish game from the DSi Store.... but worth $170 in order to access the DSi Store? Eh.REVOLUTIONfreak
That's one of the games I want as well, along with some of the art style games. But I agree with you on the price, $170 is too much for some small downloadable games. Until a big DS game with DSi exclusive content comes out I'll probably hold off (I'm more interested in a PSPGo personally).
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"] I'd kind of like to get that Mario Vs. Donkey Kong expansion-ish game from the DSi Store.... but worth $170 in order to access the DSi Store? Eh.Phantom5800
That's one of the games I want as well, along with some of the art style games. But I agree with you on the price, $170 is too much for some small downloadable games. Until a big DS game with DSi exclusive content comes out I'll probably hold off (I'm more interested in a PSPGo personally).

The DSi store the just about the only thing I am interested right now. I am not ready to spend $170 just for that.