sufian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sufian2
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts

This one has been a long time coming but I can assure you it's been ready for more then 2 weeks. I had a bunch of pictures to supplement too but for some reason I am getting weird errors, either way links at the bottom to some video on youtube for those interested.

Well I could not have picked a better suited game to kick off this feature then Super Mario RPG: Legend of The seven Stars. This game is one of the best RPG's to ever grace the SNES and for good reason. First of all it was made by now Square Enix and Nintendo jointly with small (FF references) just like a modern day Kingdom Hearts, which is what made it such a great buy. Another thing is it's what paved the way to the likes of Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games Saga games which have drawn out great praises from hardcore RPG fans and non RPG players alike.

Starting with the story this game probably has the biggest derailment from previous Mario games ever. Having Bowser and Peach as main characters with playable roles for the first time too was just too good to pass up especially because all were fighting side by side against a unified enemy.  Another cool thing was the dark storyline throughout this game which was pretty shocking for a Mario game I remember being scared in some segments when I first played it. One of my fondest memories from that game includes the opening scene where we discover Mario and Luigi are brothers and that he does all the cleaning and cooking.

The graphics in this game really pushed the system and seemed to be 3D at the time, cause the game was shown from a sort of third person view which was not just flat like predecessor and paper Mario games today. The sound was especially cool because it was the first major Mario game to shy away from the same old Mario music fan had gotten a little bore of by now.

My favorite part of this game has to be the difficulty in completing it, damn this thing was hard to finish I remember hors of leveling up before boss fights. The puzzles were also too hard at points and this all contributed to making this one of my top RPG games over the years.  Although this game did not do to well at its inception (mainly because they did not like the fact it was different from theclassic Mario games) today is a whole other story where most people regard it as a true classic and is regularly admitted to hall of fame lists.

Overall this gets the vote for best Mario world RPG in my book and for truly good reason. When this thing launches on the VC all of whom have missed on this one should buy it ASAP and they will only then appreciate the medium of games the VC will have. A launch like this will definitely come in a drought period on the Wii simply because it will downplay any other game launch especially at its cheaper price point. So bottom line this one is for any one who appreciates a new story and loves some RPG action- I give it my highest recommendation.

Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xxbTpkoq1s

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

This is a definite must have for me if it comes to the Virtual Console.

Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts

This is a definite must have for me if it comes to the Virtual Console.

REVOLUTIONfreak
I might not get it
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 16083 Posts

Ah I remember that game too, first RPG mario game and one of the best or Square-Enix's work ( or Square as it was called ). As much as this game is infact really good, it is not my 1st recommendation.

My best recommendations would either be The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past or The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. Both of those games really redefined the Action/Adventure genre with some RPG elements and dazzling puzzles. The best part of this is that they're both already available and many people enjoyed them and can enjoy them all over again. Plus new gamers would deffinitaly like them and these could get them to be Zelda fans and to get to know the most importants parts of the franchise's storyline.

As much as I agree with you on the fact that Super Mario RPG is really great, I still woudn't recommend it to everybody. Most people those days aren't very much into RPG, and even if this game features Mario .... those people might get a somewhat disapointment while playing this game. Super Mario RPG is nothing like the Paper Mario games; Super Mario RPG is too much like Final Fantasy ( I hate FF, please don't flame :( ), while Paper Mario sets a whole different style of Gameplay and storyline.

My point being that this game isn't fit for everybody. So I really woudn't recommend you to buy that game unless:
1. You love absolutely any kind of RPG
2. You're a die-hard Mario fan who doesn't care what this game is about but will buy it as long as Mario is in it.
3. You're rich
4. You're a VC freak
5. You've already played that game
6. You love a Final Fantasy-like gameplay

ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 ihateelvis
Member since 2006 • 2380 Posts
I honestly don't find it to be all that much like Final Fantasy, as far as RPG's go. Super Mario RPG, in my opinion, is one of the best RPG's ever made. It brought the Nintendo characters together to create a top-quality RPG that was original, vibrant, and interesting.
Scott-_yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Scott-_yoshi
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts
I want super mario rpg and paper mario for the VC
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
I still own the original Mario RPG SNES cart.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lebanese_boy
I honestly don't find it to be all that much like Final Fantasy, as far as RPG's go. Super Mario RPG, in my opinion, is one of the best RPG's ever made. It brought the Nintendo characters together to create a top-quality RPG that was original, vibrant, and interesting.
ihateelvis
I do agree with you that it's top notch game, but fans of paper mario who didn't play super mario rpg before woudn't find the same kind of fun if they do play super mario rpg. Because they're 2 totally different style of games.
ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ihateelvis
[QUOTE="ihateelvis"]I honestly don't find it to be all that much like Final Fantasy, as far as RPG's go. Super Mario RPG, in my opinion, is one of the best RPG's ever made. It brought the Nintendo characters together to create a top-quality RPG that was original, vibrant, and interesting.
lebanese_boy
I do agree with you that it's top notch game, but fans of paper mario who didn't play super mario rpg before woudn't find the same kind of fun if they do play super mario rpg. Because they're 2 totally different forbidden>
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="ihateelvis"]I honestly don't find it to be all that much like Final Fantasy, as far as RPG's go. Super Mario RPG, in my opinion, is one of the best RPG's ever made. It brought the Nintendo characters together to create a top-quality RPG that was original, vibrant, and interesting.
ihateelvis
I do agree with you that it's top notch game, but fans of paper mario who didn't play super mario rpg before woudn't find the same kind of fun if they do play super mario rpg. Because they're 2 totally different forbidden>

What ?
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
[QUOTE="ihateelvis"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="ihateelvis"]I honestly don't find it to be all that much like Final Fantasy, as far as RPG's go. Super Mario RPG, in my opinion, is one of the best RPG's ever made. It brought the Nintendo characters together to create a top-quality RPG that was original, vibrant, and interesting.
lebanese_boy

What ?

Onoz! The stupid forbidden glitch again. The forbidden thing happens to some people when they say style or class.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="ihateelvis"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="ihateelvis"]I honestly don't find it to be all that much like Final Fantasy, as far as RPG's go. Super Mario RPG, in my opinion, is one of the best RPG's ever made. It brought the Nintendo characters together to create a top-quality RPG that was original, vibrant, and interesting.
bededog

What ?

Onoz! The stupid forbidden glitch again. The forbidden thing happens to some people when they say style or class.

that happened to me in my previous post too :(, wow glitchspot is at it's best ..... but at least we've got bigger icons now :D ...
ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ihateelvis
Oh man, looks like my whole comment went down the drain because of that stupid glitch. :(
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts

Wow i'm nothing what Lebs listed

well I might be a little of number 3:P

gameplaya123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gameplaya123
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts

nintendo_fan675

lluuuckyyy:P

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lebanese_boy

nintendo_fan675
Well it's your choice to buy it or not man :).
ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ihateelvis
Heck, it's not even out yet. Maybe we should wait for Nintendo to release it before we start considering if he should buy it or not. :P
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#19 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="ihateelvis"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="ihateelvis"]I honestly don't find it to be all that much like Final Fantasy, as far as RPG's go. Super Mario RPG, in my opinion, is one of the best RPG's ever made. It brought the Nintendo characters together to create a top-quality RPG that was original, vibrant, and interesting.
bededog

What ?

I still don't understand why that happens. Do you mean it happens when I type the words style or class?
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="bededog"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="ihateelvis"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="ihateelvis"]I honestly don't find it to be all that much like Final Fantasy, as far as RPG's go. Super Mario RPG, in my opinion, is one of the best RPG's ever made. It brought the Nintendo characters together to create a top-quality RPG that was original, vibrant, and interesting.
REVOLUTIONfreak

What ?

I still don't understand why that happens. Do you mean it happens when I type the words style or class?

it seems so ... look at the edit history of the post that I made before the one where I said that Mario RPG isn't for everybody.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#21 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]]I still don't understand why that happens. Do you mean it happens when I type the words style or class?lebanese_boy
it seems so ... look at the edit history of the post that I made before the one where I said that Mario RPG isn't for everybody.

Yeah, it has something to do with the site's html editor. I have no idea why it does it but it does. :?