Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts

IGN has stated today in pre-e3 coverage that Megaman 9 will not be ecxlusive to WiiWare and will be appearing on XBox Live and PS Store as well. After other sources had stated otherwise because of a requirement for XBox Live and PS games to support HD, it seems that statement was either false, or you will be seeing Megaman 9 in full 720p resolution for the other consoles ... :|

IGN also stated that Megaman 9 willhave online leaderboards for high score/record times. There will also apparently be 50+ bosses and enemies in the game with a majority being new. There is also still a rumour about more downloadable content in the future. No news on release date for the other two systems or pricing for respective consoles other than WiiWare($10)

Megaman 9 goes back to the NES styIe gameplay down to the graphics and sound. It will launch in Japan September for 1000 points as well as recently confirmed possibilities for downloadable content. Here are some screens and a short video, not much else to say. If you like 2D shooters, Megaman 9 is perfect.

Sources: WiiWare-World, Kotaku, IGN

http://blue-bomber.jvmwriter.org/media/screens/mm9/mm9_plug2.jpg

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/888/888070/mega-man-9-20080710035738463_640w.jpg

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPwB0q20KkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YIis8GbgwM

Inafune Talks about Megaman 9:

"The simple fun of a cIassicc Mega Man game "doesn't fit into the grandiose and expansive world that the consumer gaming industry has become, and so you have to make games that match the current expectations. Pushing for the creation of a Mega Man in the styIe of the original "would be quickly criticized for things like being simplistic, outdated, or too expensive, thus making it 'too difficult' to develop such games in the 'current climate.' The rise of retrogame services like Nintendo's Virtual Console allowed the development team to put together Mega Man 9." - Wikipedia

"If a game can offer fun, the users can enjoy the gameplay without any reference to the graphics. Meanwhile, I'm hoping that the 8-bit system will provide a different type of fun by bringing fresh air with retro graphics." - Gamesradar (see a full interview here)

ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 ThePrince8605
Member since 2004 • 12523 Posts
ill get it.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 SHUTupNrocK8
Member since 2006 • 18346 Posts
I love classical games like this, I wish they would make more like that now a days. I would love to see a new classic Sonic, Wario, Super Mario, etc. games.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
No offense, but why are those graphics so crappy?
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phantom5800
No offense, but why are those graphics so crappy?REVOLUTIONfreak
explained in the third line, NES graphics, sound, and gameplay
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
This series has been garbage for years, so I'm not expecting much. I guess it's a good thing that it's returning to its roots, but I'll wait for the reviews to get excited.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]No offense, but why are those graphics so crappy?Phantom5800

I know that, I'm asking why they would intentionally make a game look crappy?
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phantom5800
[QUOTE="Phantom5800"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]No offense, but why are those graphics so crappy?REVOLUTIONfreak

It's a developer choice. Itoi has always wanted to make more 8-bit games, but has never had an outlet for them. WiiWare was the perfect spot for him to be able to do this.
This series has been garbage for years, so I'm not expecting much. I guess it's a good thing that it's returning to its roots, but I'll wait for the reviews to get excited.murlow12
That is really a matter of opinion. I have loved the Megaman RPG's (Battle Network and Star Force), but really all this game is, is a cIassic Megaman game. I doubt it will be too much different than Megaman 1-3 which is how it is being built.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="Phantom5800"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]No offense, but why are those graphics so crappy?Phantom5800

It's a developer choice. Itoi has always wanted to make more 8-bit games, but has never had an outlet for them. WiiWare was the perfect spot for him to be able to do this.
This series has been garbage for years, so I'm not expecting much. I guess it's a good thing that it's returning to its roots, but I'll wait for the reviews to get excited.murlow12
That is really a matter of opinion. I have loved the Megaman RPG's (Battle Network and Star Force), but really all this game is, is a cIassic Megaman game. I doubt it will be too much different than Megaman 1-3 which is how it is being built.

I know that, which is why I said it's a good thing. The first 3 Megaman games were by far the best. It was all downhill from there.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
[QUOTE="Phantom5800"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="Phantom5800"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]No offense, but why are those graphics so crappy?murlow12

I know that, which is why I said it's a good thing. The first 3 Megaman games were by far the best. It was all downhill from there.

The megaman zero games were awesome but I know for sure that I'm not an idiot to spend 10 bucks on an 8-bit game. Unless it's REALLY good, then I'll just wait for the reviews.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Phantom5800
I added one more screen to the list because it looked interesting
I know for sure that I'm not an idiot to spend 10 bucks on an 8-bit game. Unless it's REALLY good, then I'll just wait for the reviews.lebanese_boy
You do know that a lot of old school games can run up for more depending on the game. A quick ebay search shows Super Mario Bros 2 sells for about $12 on average, as well as 3. Even The Adventures of Lolo 2 is $17 for a cartridge. $10 is not a lot to ask for a brand new game. There is still going to be improved collision detection and more colors than the NES could handle. 8-bit is purely the choice of graphic styIe
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
I added one more screen to the list because it looked interesting[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]I know for sure that I'm not an idiot to spend 10 bucks on an 8-bit game. Unless it's REALLY good, then I'll just wait for the reviews.Phantom5800
You do know that a lot of old school games can run up for more depending on the game. A quick ebay search shows Super Mario Bros 2 sells for about $12 on average, as well as 3. Even The Adventures of Lolo 2 is $17 for a cartridge. $10 is not a lot to ask for a brand new game. There is still going to be improved collision detection and more colors than the NES could handle. 8-bit is purely the choice of graphic styIe

So? I personally prefer the VC versions since A) it's cheaper and B) it's a downloadeable game
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Phantom5800

[QUOTE="Phantom5800"]I added one more screen to the list because it looked interesting[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]I know for sure that I'm not an idiot to spend 10 bucks on an 8-bit game. Unless it's REALLY good, then I'll just wait for the reviews.lebanese_boy

So? I personally prefer the VC versions since A) it's cheaper and B) it's a downloadeable game

Square is giving their full WiiWare game (with all downloadable content) for $30+ and another company is releasing a $15 puzzle game that many people are highly anticipating. Star Soldier R is $8 for a five minute game. LostWinds is $10 and can be completed in one or two sittings with no real trouble.

Anyway the art styIe should not be what determines the price of a game, that is really what I am trying to say. It is not a NES game and does more than a NES game could, how would you feel if people didn't buy your game because you decided to make it look a certain way? Development costs money, and I am pretty sure a company like Capcom has determined it as the price that would yield the best results for their work.

ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ThePrince8605
Member since 2004 • 12523 Posts

i like the x series more than the original megeman personally murlow.

the series has been lacking since x4.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#16 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Never been a fan of Megaman. I do think the graphics could have been alot better.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Phantom5800

I added an interview with the creator of the series, Inafune in the first post.

"If a game can offer fun, the users can enjoy the gameplay without any reference to the graphics. Meanwhile, I'm hoping that the 8-bit system will provide a different type of fun by bringing fresh air with retro graphics." - Gamesradar (see a full interview here)