SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#1 SHUTupNrocK8
Member since 2006 • 18346 Posts

Hey everyone, I'm a huge fan of Mario Kart racing and Since they confirmed to release it in the first quarter of next year, what's it going to include? Okay, We know it's going to be online including now battles, It's going to have 12 racers in offline races, etc. But theres a few thing to disscuss like ...

How many players do you think can go online?
What New Characters do you think are going to be included?
If retro tracks are included, What ones do you want?

There just a few things to think about before they start revealing information about this game. You may disscuss anything about Mario Kart Here ...

I think that There will be at least 6-8 players online, well I hope so. The Battles may include 4-8 players. Well, we know Baby Mario is one of the characters and Baby Luigi is probably going to be included also. Ha, that'd be cool if Samus was in this one since he never was in a mario Kart. I hope that Rainbow Road from the Mario Kart 64 and The Haunted Highway from the GBA version (I don't know if that's the name, but you may get what I'm saying.) Since Baby Mario is in this game they may either make a new track for him/them or include Gamecube's Double Dash's Baby Track, but I doubt it since it was just previously in the DS version.

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
I think they could have 12 players online easily. But I think 8 is more likely. As for new characters, Baby Mario and Luigi were already in DD. I could see Baby Bowser joining the team. And Samus is a girl.... and it's Mario Kart, not Nintendo Kart. Samus won't be in it since she is not in the Mario universe. As for retro tracks, Yoshi Circuit from DD, Yoshi Valley from N64, Rainbow Road from N64, Mushroom Bridge from DD, and a lot more I can't remember right now.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SHUTupNrocK8

I think they could have 12 players online easily. But I think 8 is more likely. As for new characters, Baby Mario and Luigi were already in DD. I could see Baby Bowser joining the team. And Samus is a girl.... and it's Mario Kart, not Nintendo Kart. Samus won't be in it since she is not in the Mario universe. As for retro tracks, Yoshi Circuit from DD, Yoshi Valley from N64, Rainbow Road from N64, Mushroom Bridge from DD, and a lot more I can't remember right now.bededog

Actually, Baby Mario is going to be in this game ... You can clearly see him in the trailer racing in his Baby Carage.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#4 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I hope there is some new items in the game.Shadow Mario should be a character.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

No offense, but did we really need another topic regarding this?

Anyway, as long as the game shows improvement over past games, and, quite obviously, evolves I am happy. They've already added the one thing I was hoping for, and that's an online battle mode.

SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SHUTupNrocK8

No offense, but did we really need another topic regarding this?

Anyway, as long as the game shows improvement over past games, and, quite obviously, evolves I am happy. They've already added the one thing I was hoping for, and that's an online battle mode.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Yes, but I thought I just create a topic for what people want to see in Mario Kart Wii.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Well so far my favourite game in the series has been, without any doubt, Mario Kart DS. The game has just perfectionized everything in the series with the addition of online play. I'm pretty confident that Mario Kart Wii has the potential of ''beating it''.

I think there's going to be 8 players online and up to 16 players offline. 12 players is a bit too much for online and I doubt the Wii could make it (though we can always be surprised), 8 is about enough.

I deffinitaly can't wait for more details about the game and I hope there's the Kart that I always use on the DS game in the Wii game :D.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chocolate1325
Yoshi was my choice of character in Mario Kart DS and he had a very good kart and so did Dry Bones as well.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 REVOLUTIONfreak

Well so far my favourite game in the series has been, without any doubt, Mario Kart DS. The game has just perfectionized everything in the series with the addition of online play. I'm pretty confident that Mario Kart Wii has the potential of ''beating it''.

I think there's going to be 8 players online and up to 16 players offline. 12 players is a bit too much for online and I doubt the Wii could make it (though we can always be surprised), 8 is about enough.

I deffinitaly can't wait for more details about the game and I hope there's the Kart that I always use on the DS game in the Wii game :D.

lebanese_boy
Sixteen players offline? The only way I could see that happening is if they did the LAN thing like in Double Dash, but still, we haven't even seen any support for LAN on Wii yet have we? Also, while I don't think that the amount of players online will surpass twelve in Mario Kart Wii, due to obvious reasons (not enough characters, plus any more than twelve would be an overload of players), but I kind of laughed when you said that the Wii couldn't handle anymore than "8 players online." You realize that the Xbox, a less powerful console, had 32 players online with Halo 2 right? Besides, power in a console has nothing to do with it, it just depends on the developers preferences. The developers of Gears of War made online up to eight players, but that was a preferential choice, we all know that the 360 can do up to 32 players online if not more.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chocolate1325
XBox360 has massive online games where there is about 32 players in one game. Nintendo now has to do that and Mario Kart is the best game for it. 16 players would be great but I doubt more than 10 players for Mario Kart Wii. Mario Kart DS was good online but 4 players wasn't enough for me and hopefully Mario Kart Wii can be the first huge multiplayer online game.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

REVOLUTIONfreak

Sixteen players offline? The only way I could see that happening is if they did the LAN thing like in Double Dash, but still, we haven't even seen any support for LAN on Wii yet have we? Also, while I don't think that the amount of players online will surpass twelve in Mario Kart Wii, due to obvious reasons (not enough characters, plus any more than twelve would be an overload of players), but I kind of laughed when you said that the Wii couldn't handle anymore than "8 players online." You realize that the Xbox, a less powerful console, had 32 players online with Halo 2 right? Besides, power in a console has nothing to do with it, it just depends on the developers preferences. The developers of Gears of War made online up to eight players, but that was a preferential choice, we all know that the 360 can do up to 32 players online if not more.

I neve said that the Wii could never handle more then 8 players in a game :?, dude the Gamecube might have been able to do that if it had online. I just said that on Mario Kart, I don't know if the Wii could do more then 8 and I highly that they'll put more then 8 because 8 is enough. I would be a fool to think that the Wii can't handle more then 8 players online espeacially when there's a Medal Of Honour game coming that has 32 players online !

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

lebanese_boy

I neve said that the Wii could never handle more then 8 players in a game :?, dude the Gamecube might have been able to do that if it had online. I just said that on Mario Kart, I don't know if the Wii could do more then 8 and I highly that they'll put more then 8 because 8 is enough. I would be a fool to think that the Wii can't handle more then 8 players online espeacially when there's a Medal Of Honour game coming that has 32 players online !

Ummm... yes you did. Let me quote:

"12 players is a bit too much for online and I doubt the Wii could make it."

That kind of sounds like what I was saying. Oh, and they never said that Medal of Honor was online, although it is implied.... to be honest though, I have no clue what the heck they are talking about when they said that. Firstly, they didn't say a single thing about the game, whether it was new or old, or whether it was online. I'm also kind of inclined to think that it might be on-rails considering it uses the Zapper... and the cursor looked unusually big in the gameplay footage. I guess we'll find out eventually though.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

REVOLUTIONfreak

That kind of sounds like what I was saying. Oh, and they never said that Medal of Honor was online, although it is implied.... to be honest though, I have no clue what the heck they are talking about when they said that. Firstly, they didn't say a single thing about the game, whether it was new or old, or whether it was online. I'm also kind of inclined to think that it might be on-rails considering it uses the Zapper... and the cursor looked unusually big in the gameplay footage. I guess we'll find out eventually though.

*Sigh*, yes but I was talking only about Mario Kart. Online games have always been with 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 players. Well a few of them may have differ a little and of course there are the MMOs who can support more then hundreds of players.

What I meant to say is that I doubt they'll do it with 12 players and most certainly not 16 players or above (thought this would surprise me. So 8 is enough and the most realistic number.

Jacojac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Jacojac
Member since 2006 • 2227 Posts
What about some Pokemons as playable characters? Or maybe a Pokemon-related kart?
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

lebanese_boy

*Sigh*,yesbutIwastalkingonlyaboutMarioKart.Onlinegameshavealwaysbeenwith2, 4,8,16,32,64players.Well a few of them may have differ a little and of course there are the MMOs who can support more then hundreds of players.

WhatImeanttosayisthatIdoubtthey'lldoitwith12playersandmostcertainlynot16playersorabove(thoughtthiswouldsurpriseme.So8isenoughandthemostrealisticnumber.

Okbutdidwereallyneedtostickallofthewordstogetherlikethistomakeapoint?
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bededog

Okbutdidwereallyneedtostickallofthewordstogetherlikethistomakeapoint?REVOLUTIONfreak

That is a glitch that has been going around. It erases all the spaces you made. It gets really annoying.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#17 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
What about some Pokemons as playable characters? Or maybe a Pokemon-related kart?
Jacojac
Not too much of a fan to have Pokemon in Mario Kart:?. But it is possible to happen. Now that I think about it, 12 players online would be hectic and 8 players would just seem enough. Howver, developers might think differently and do 12 players.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SHUTupNrocK8

[QUOTE="Jacojac"]What about some Pokemons as playable characters? Or maybe a Pokemon-related kart?
HyruleanLink
Not too much of a fan to have Pokemon in Mario Kart:?. But it is possible to happen. Now that I think about it, 12 players online would be hectic and 8 players would just seem enough. Howver, developers might think differently and do 12 players.

The only Pokemon I could see in this game is maybe Picachu, but I really don't want any Pokemon, add some cool Mario related characters like Hammer Bros. or even the Shy guy.

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bededog
Once again, it's Mario Kart. Pokemon isn't in the Mario Universe, stop thinking this is like SSBB cause it's not.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lebanese_boy
Holy Crap GS messed up my post pretty badly ! I'm really sorry about the inconvinient guys and REV .... no need to make fun of me, it's pretty obvious that it was not intended :evil:. Anyway it's cool :P, you can go and read my ''readeable'' post now :lol:.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 REVOLUTIONfreak
Once again, it's Mario Kart. Pokemon isn't in the Mario Universe, stop thinking this is like SSBB cause it's not. bededog
:lol: I was about to post the exact same thing. It's called Mario Kart for a reason, you know?
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lebanese_boy

[QUOTE="bededog"]Once again, it's Mario Kart. Pokemon isn't in the Mario Universe, stop thinking this is like SSBB cause it's not. REVOLUTIONfreak
:lol: I was about to post the exact same thing. It's called Mario Kart for a reason, you know?

I always thought; ''How weird would it be to have Link drive a Kart ?''

Lol yeah all the Mario Games are happening in the Mario Universe. The only place where you see 2 or more Nintendo franchises worlds collide (except in Cameo appearances) is Super Smash Bros.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chocolate1325
Only Mario characters should be in Mario Kart. It is not Super Smash Bros where any character be in the game. What would be the point in calling it Mario Kart and the items are from Mario games.
Smoke2Much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 Smoke2Much
Member since 2006 • 1520 Posts
I really don't know how else they can add,well maybe bowser's kids Wendy,iggy ect. or those crabs from the original Mario Bros. game ;). As for as a favorite it's a tough one between SNES and DS.The first one started it all and i'm partial to old games,but DS was just so much fun to play online. Tough tough choice.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SHUTupNrocK8

[QUOTE="bededog"]Once again, it's Mario Kart. Pokemon isn't in the Mario Universe, stop thinking this is like SSBB cause it's not. REVOLUTIONfreak

Why's Donkey Kong in it?

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bededog

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="bededog"]Once again, it's Mario Kart. Pokemon isn't in the Mario Universe, stop thinking this is like SSBB cause it's not. SHUTupNrocK8

Why's Donkey Kong in it?

They are in the same universe. Mario was originally in Donkey Kong, althought they have gone seperate ways since then.

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bededog
Again? XD
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SHUTupNrocK8
[QUOTE="SHUTupNrocK8"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="bededog"]Once again, it's Mario Kart. Pokemon isn't in the Mario Universe, stop thinking this is like SSBB cause it's not. bededog

Why's Donkey Kong in it?

They are in the same universe. Mario was originally in Donkey Kong, althought they have gone seperate ways since then.

Okay thanks. But I still hope some like Hammer Bros. will be in this.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 REVOLUTIONfreak

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="bededog"]Once again, it's Mario Kart. Pokemon isn't in the Mario Universe, stop thinking this is like SSBB cause it's not. SHUTupNrocK8

Why's Donkey Kong in it?

:lol: :lol:

Oh, you're being serious? :shock:

SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SHUTupNrocK8
[QUOTE="SHUTupNrocK8"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="bededog"]Once again, it's Mario Kart. Pokemon isn't in the Mario Universe, stop thinking this is like SSBB cause it's not. REVOLUTIONfreak

Why's Donkey Kong in it?

Yea, I never know they used to be in the same game :| ...

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="SHUTupNrocK8"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="bededog"]Once again, it's Mario Kart. Pokemon isn't in the Mario Universe, stop thinking this is like SSBB cause it's not. REVOLUTIONfreak

Why's Donkey Kong in it?

Not everybody knows the history of videogames REV. :?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chocolate1325
Who was ROB in Mario Kart DS. I don't think I saw him in a Mario game.Why does Waluigi need to be it. He never appeared as an enemy to either Mario or Luigi in the platform games.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bededog

Who was ROB in Mario Kart DS. I don't think I saw him in a Mario game.Why does Waluigi need to be it. He never appeared as an enemy to either Mario or Luigi in the platform games. chocolate1325

ROB was a robot that come with the first NES systems.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 REVOLUTIONfreak

Behold... R.O.B.!

Like bededog said, it was an attatchment for the NES that was essentially useless but cool to look at. He isn't technically in the Mario franchise, but he isn't in any other franchise either, he was just a cameo appearance.

Avatar image for matallicthewolf
matallicthewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 matallicthewolf
Member since 2004 • 815 Posts
ROB was just a light gun with robot arms.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SHUTupNrocK8

Behold... R.O.B.!

Like bededog said, it was an attatchment for the NES that was essentially useless but cool to look at. He isn't technically in the Mario franchise, but he isn't in any other franchise either, he was just a cameo appearance.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Well, I can't see the picture, but R.O.B. is in the Star Fox games. But he's gotten a makeover since then ...

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
Good thinking on why there wouldn't be Pokeman in Mario Kart and thank goodness. Anyways, I was in the store today and I was looking at the wheel made by Ubisoft and it was blukly. The wheel for Mario Kart is actually looking up because of its size and design. After looking at the wheel from Ubisoft.
Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
Mario Kart DS is my favorite. Double Dash!! was to different and blah. Mario Kart 64 looks terrible compared to Mario Kart DS.
marioman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 marioman1
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
I wonder how many tracks there will be, considering MK DS had a bunch of tracks from old games, I wonder if MK Wii will also borrow from old games?  I also hope they improve their battle mode courses, the ones in Double Dash were lame!
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chocolate1325
Battle mode on theSuper Mario Kartwas great. I didn't like Battle Mode in Double Dash or Mario Kart DS much
Gamerking310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Gamerking310
Member since 2007 • 260 Posts

[QUOTE="bededog"]I think they could have 12 players online easily. But I think 8 is more likely. As for new characters, Baby Mario and Luigi were already in DD. I could see Baby Bowser joining the team. And Samus is a girl.... and it's Mario Kart, not Nintendo Kart. Samus won't be in it since she is not in the Mario universe. As for retro tracks, Yoshi Circuit from DD, Yoshi Valley from N64, Rainbow Road from N64, Mushroom Bridge from DD, and a lot more I can't remember right now.SHUTupNrocK8

Actually, Baby Mario is going to be in this game ... You can clearly see him in the trailer racing in his Baby Carage.

Yeah anybody who isn't blind could see him.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bededog
[QUOTE="SHUTupNrocK8"]

[QUOTE="bededog"]I think they could have 12 players online easily. But I think 8 is more likely. As for new characters, Baby Mario and Luigi were already in DD. I could see Baby Bowser joining the team. And Samus is a girl.... and it's Mario Kart, not Nintendo Kart. Samus won't be in it since she is not in the Mario universe. As for retro tracks, Yoshi Circuit from DD, Yoshi Valley from N64, Rainbow Road from N64, Mushroom Bridge from DD, and a lot more I can't remember right now.Gamerking310

I never said he wasn't in the game. All I said was he isn't a new addition to the Mario Kart gang.

SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SHUTupNrocK8
[QUOTE="Gamerking310"][QUOTE="SHUTupNrocK8"]

[QUOTE="bededog"]I think they could have 12 players online easily. But I think 8 is more likely. As for new characters, Baby Mario and Luigi were already in DD. I could see Baby Bowser joining the team. And Samus is a girl.... and it's Mario Kart, not Nintendo Kart. Samus won't be in it since she is not in the Mario universe. As for retro tracks, Yoshi Circuit from DD, Yoshi Valley from N64, Rainbow Road from N64, Mushroom Bridge from DD, and a lot more I can't remember right now.bededog

I never said he wasn't in the game. All I said was he isn't a new addition to the Mario Kart gang.

Yea, sorry.I never played Double Dash so I didn't know.