bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#2 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
I saw this on the Wii forums. I don't agree with the first person saying Japan has no influence over videogames. Without Japanese Comapanies who knows what videogames would be like today. But remember this is in the form of a debate topic; so they do have someone is for Japanese comapanies.
ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 ihateelvis
Member since 2006 • 2380 Posts
"But with games like Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories and God of War 2, does Japanese influence matter?"

Rofl, I'm not surprised at this guy's opinions. Look at the games he chose! They might not all be shooters, but they are all rated M and the main premise is to beat the s*it out of everything in your way (God of War 2 is probably the most lax this way, since it has puzzle elements as well). It just goes to show how one-track minded these "Western Developers" are that the one guy seems to praise so much.
metroidprime_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 metroidprime_1
Member since 2006 • 4768 Posts

I read most of it and whatever. Who ever this dude was he was being racist in his first 3 paragraphs of the article

Second I cant wait till the Wii surpasses the 360 in sales cause dis dude is smoking some good stuff to be thinking dat way bout the Wii

Third let him talk all he wants SSBB, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy and Corruption will own all

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts
Miyamoto owns all, period !
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts
Would we have Mario and Link if it wasn't for Japans companies?
SilverRao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 SilverRao
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts
Buffa is an idiot and miyamoto owns him.
ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ihateelvis
Member since 2006 • 2380 Posts
Miyamoto owns EVERYBODY. Except maybe Chuck Norris. :P

I mean, he's been there since almost the beginning, and he's still going strong and creating plenty of excellent video games. Developing games means a whole lot more to him than any "Western Developers," I'm sure.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lebanese_boy

I mean, he's been there since almost the beginning, and he's still going strong and creating plenty of excellent video games. Developing games means a whole lot more to him than any "Western Developers," I'm sure.
ihateelvis
Bah Chuck Norris is nothing compared to Shigy ...
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts

ihateelvis
LOL
Miyamoto owns all, period !lebanese_boy
Likewise
Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Famicomman
Member since 2006 • 2467 Posts

:roll: *sarcasim*Yes all games from Japan are anime rpgs...*sarcasim* Are we forgetting Mario, Katamri Damci, DDR, Link, Samus, Megaman, Donkey Kong, PacMan, Sonic, Super Smash Brothers, Wario Ware(I could go on but I think I have made my point) Go do more research noob.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

I read most of it and whatever. Who ever this dude was he was being racist in his first 3 paragraphs of the article

Second I cant wait till the Wii surpasses the 360 in sales cause dis dude is smoking some good stuff to be thinking dat way bout the Wii

Third let him talk all he wants SSBB, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy and Corruption will own all

metroidprime_1
Well, it already has in monthly sales... just not overall sales, although Wii has to be close to 6 million units sold worldwide by now.
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
Yeah, Japanese games are some of the best out there.  Zelda, mario, and all of nintendo for that matter.wjmarszal
I know
Brokendemise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Brokendemise
Member since 2005 • 497 Posts
Wow, that was the first good read I've...read...in months. I agree with both sides on this, personally. Yes, Buffa is right on how the game market is migrating towards the West, and I still agree with Workman on how the game industry will ever be influenced by the Japanese. The only problem I see with Buffa is the fact that he's forgetting where all these Oblivion, GTA, and GoW games are getting their roots from, and the fact that he seems to not care about the ingenuity of these new consoles, and only the fact that the XBOX360 has mature games. Not once did he mention in his argument about games that don't involve death in any form, on the XBOX360 and the fact that he also couldn't name any figureheads in the U.S. industry, that has influenced the game industry with a fresh idea that wasn't an RTS, FPS or RPG.  
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#16 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
Wow, that was the first good read I've...read...in months. I agree with both sides on this, personally. Yes, Buffa is right on how the game market is migrating towards the West, and I still agree with Workman on how the game industry will ever be influenced by the Japanese. The only problem I see with Buffa is the fact that he's forgetting where all these Oblivion, GTA, and GoW games are getting their roots from, and the fact that he seems to not care about the ingenuity of these new consoles, and only the fact that the XBOX360 has mature games. Not once did he mention in his argument about games that don't involve death in any form, on the XBOX360 and the fact that he also couldn't name any figureheads in the U.S. industry, that has influenced the game industry with a fresh idea that wasn't an RTS, FPS or RPG.  Brokendemise
Wow, great response to the article. Personally, I think the majority of western games are some of the most unoriginal, lack of quality games out there. Think about it, almost all of the great franchises we know and love originate in Japan. Super Mario, Zelda, MGS, Final Fantasy, and more. Very rarely do we see a western game that has a great impact on the industry. In fact, IMO, the reason the japanese don't take interest in the Xbox brand is because the majority of its games represent western games... which don't have nearly the same quality that japanese games apparently have. The japanese just seem to notice it more considering they actually live in Japan.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="Brokendemise"]Wow, that was the first good read I've...read...in months. I agree with both sides on this, personally. Yes, Buffa is right on how the game market is migrating towards the West, and I still agree with Workman on how the game industry will ever be influenced by the Japanese. The only problem I see with Buffa is the fact that he's forgetting where all these Oblivion, GTA, and GoW games are getting their roots from, and the fact that he seems to not care about the ingenuity of these new consoles, and only the fact that the XBOX360 has mature games. Not once did he mention in his argument about games that don't involve death in any form, on the XBOX360 and the fact that he also couldn't name any figureheads in the U.S. industry, that has influenced the game industry with a fresh idea that wasn't an RTS, FPS or RPG. REVOLUTIONfreak
Wow, great response to the article. Personally, I think the majority of western games are some of the most unoriginal, lack of quality games out there. Think about it, almost all of the great franchises we know and love originate in Japan. Super Mario, Zelda, MGS, Final Fantasy, and more. Very rarely do we see a western game that has a great impact on the industry. In fact, IMO, the reason the japanese don't take interest in the Xbox brand is because the majority of its games represent western games... which don't have nearly the same quality that japanese games apparently have. The japanese just seem to notice it more considering they actually live in Japan.

Or some of them could be ignoring the Xbox because it's an American brand. Same old America boycott ...