Clidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Clidus
Member since 2006 • 95 Posts
With the current condition of Wii (great) and the condition of the PS3 (not so good), how far do you think the FF series will go. Do you think with Sony's new immitaion controller and falling 3rd party producers will lead to the downfall of Sony. If this ever does happen the only thing I can hope of is for the FF series to come back to Nintendo. Not that this will happen and I don't hate sony I'm just saying what would you think of this theory.
Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Famicomman
Member since 2006 • 2467 Posts
I think that Square Enix should "Know there Roots" and I think they just might if the new Dragon Quest game and the two FF: CC games go over well.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

I think Square is slowly taking things one step at a time.  The first step was putting FFIII and CC on Nintendo consoles (they could have just remade FFIII on the PSP), the second step is whether or not they put DragonQuest (meaning a traditional game and not swords) on Wii.  Third of course would be FF on Wii

arfy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 arfy2
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts
I don't think any of that is going to happen. FF and the DQ games will stay with Sony for a loooooong time. I think FF and DQ is more likely to go multiplatform than go back solely to Ninty. The xbox 360 has too much of a following in the west for Square Enix to simply ignore it if they wnat to switch platforms.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 REVOLUTIONfreak
I don't think any of that is going to happen. FF and the DQ games will stay with Sony for a loooooong time. I think FF and DQ is more likely to go multiplatform than go back solely to Ninty. The xbox 360 has too much of a following in the west for Square Enix to simply ignore it if they wnat to switch platforms.arfy2
Square hates xbox....thats a known fact.  The reason being nobody buys an Xbox in Japan, which is square's home country and where most of their sales come from.  It is very possible that Nintendo will at least get a traditional dragonquest if wii succeeds.  I mean, Nintendo already has 2 spin off DQ games for Wii and DS, and a traditional DQ for DS
arfy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 arfy2

Whoa!!!!!!!! I never new there was a traditional DQ on the DS :shock: Was it ever released outside of Japan?

I know xbox does crap in Japan but they did release FFXI on the 360 because of Live's success. There is more money involved in developing for 3 platforms than just one is my reasoning. I agree with what you are saying. In my opinion my scenario is more likely to happen.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 REVOLUTIONfreak

Whoa!!!!!!!! I never new there was a traditional DQ on the DS :shock: Was it ever released outside of Japan?

I know xbox does crap in Japan but they did release FFXI on the 360 because of Live's success. There is more money involved in developing for 3 platforms than just one is my reasoning. I agree with what you are saying. In my opinion my scenario is more likely to happen.

arfy2
DragonQuest Joker is what its called...and it is expected to release worldwide from my understanding.  The graphics are awesome too, they are like a 3D cel shading.  Square has it listed under the "playable demo" category so expect to hear a lot about it
sufian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sufian2
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts

Square hates xbox....thats a known fact.  The reason being nobody buys an Xbox in Japan, which is square's home country and where most of their sales come from.

Even though that is true it is almost impossibile for the Wii to takehold of the franchise. Simply because the franchise has become know for its graphics which Nintendo can't handle at least in this generation. Another reason is microsoft knows its importance and will simply not let it go(as someone mention earlier) especially when they have a few titles already launching on their platform. Our best hope is a multiplatform deal which would rid Sony of its dominance and give its popularity in japan a piercing blow.

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
sadly, I agree that there is no way Nintendo can regain FF anytime soon (at least not as its own), but chances are becoming stronger that it will at least become a multiplatform game because of how much it costs to develop games for BluRay plus the fact that most new FF games take ALOT of space.
wickerman2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 wickerman2004
Member since 2004 • 3878 Posts

it's possible square will make a return to nintendo, i think FF3 is going to do great saleswise and they will pay attention to that. CC for Wii - well, it has a better shot than the cube version which was boring and repetitive...WiFi will go a long way to take care of that (hopefully)...otherwise square has made remarks to their desire to expand what consoles their games come out on.

i do think that wherever final fantasy goes - sales follow. at least that HAS been the trend...things change though. but PS3 isn't doing anything to help out at the moment.

gameman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gameman9
Member since 2004 • 5949 Posts
FF 3 has already sold 503,051 copies, including 18,432 that were part of the Crystal Edition DS Lite bundle in Japan.
arfy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 arfy2
[QUOTE="arfy2"]

REVOLUTIONfreak

DragonQuest Joker is what its called...and it is expected to release worldwide from my understanding.  The graphics are awesome too, they are like a 3D cel shading.  Square has it listed under the "playable demo" category so expect to hear a lot about it

Cool! I'm going to go and find out about it. It'll be awsome!!!

Lord_Regnier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lord_Regnier
Member since 2006 • 1283 Posts
I just hope to see more Sqaure-Enix titles for nintendo systems.
arfy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 arfy2
We would all love that! :D