wickerman2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 wickerman2004
Member since 2004 • 3878 Posts

So I started playing the cube version of TP tonight....and here are some intial impressions vs. the Wii version:

It's odd to see the intro backwards..errr....I mean...the way it was actually supposed to be, as well it makes things look different to me playing - which is cool - it's almost like a new game in that way, kinda.

The wavebird feels great in my hands still, it wasn't a shock to go back to using a regular old controller...it felt kinda good...and it felt as equally 'right' making this last purchase for the cube, like coming home after a long day.

It's nice to be back in the seat playing the same as it was defined in Ocarina, the C-stick camera panning isn't as broad sweeping as it was in Wind Waker, but it still pans around the area - I missed that in the Wii version.

Odd thing....this is the first cube game to enter my Wii (that sounds soooo wrong) and when the system boots into the disk channel, you get the cube startup, press start and off you go...it appears the remote goes to sleep. Cool I thought - this happens right off the bat, save my batteries dammit! When I wrapped up my short hour long session I grabbed the remote to exit back to Wii menu and it did nothing, just flashed alot.

Did it lose sync I thought? I tried the sync button on the remote (knowing I've never read anything on syncing, just winging it)...with no results, pressed sync on the console....oh well I'm up now, might as well shut it off.

So I did, I noticed a bit later when I played for a little bit that I had no history today, even though I played for about an hour. Again I finished playing and had to shut the console off by hand.

That is lame in my book, basically the machine boots into a full on gamecube mode and the remote won't do anything once booted in that manner. I guess if you're looking to get your game on without having a play history of it...cube games are the way to go.

I'm just about to enter the first temple, despiute having just finished the game two days ago - it still feels fresh.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

To an extent, I wish I would have bought the GCN version and not the Wii version.

I do have one question though, when you swing your sword with the button does it swing like it would in all of the other games?  In other words, if you press just B does it do a horizontal, hold in L and it does vertical, etc.  I found the fact that you could never tell what kind of slash you were doing in the Wii version to be annoying.... its like I was waving around the remote hoping it would do the right slash

wickerman2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wickerman2004

yeah, b for standard swing, tilt stick and b does vertical...those controls are there. i did notice, and i could have just missed it in the Wii version - but there were frogs by the stream in ordona village, small real looking frogs.

and oh yeah - cube version on epona...you can look down, can't do that in the wii version, i tried.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
I really don't know what to do! I have the NGC verison on pre-order. I haven't gotten the game. I thought I hold out for the Wii version with the Wiimote abilities (if I get a Wii for Christmas). Which one is better? I really can't decide! Can you turn the widescreen off for the Wii version? I absolutely hate wideascreen. Any suggections or comments so I can decide what to do.
wickerman2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wickerman2004

both versions are great, Wii version only runs widescreen if you're running it at 480p with the component cable. I played the Wii version in standard mode and it was great, the cube version is also great...I just wanted both copies for my collection....I can't choose one over another.

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
When is GS going to review the GC version? It will be interesting to see what it gets. What you beat it gets a 8.7 and the hole, kill the reviewer thing happens again?:P
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HyruleanLink

both versions are great, Wii version only runs widescreen if you're running it at 480p with the component cable. I played the Wii version in standard mode and it was great, the cube version is also great...I just wanted both copies for my collection....I can't choose one over another.

wickerman2004

Thanks! I really don't like widescreen. THe only major thing I would have to give up from the GC verison is the free camera. I can easily adjust to a fixed camera. I have also been waiting to the review for the GC version.
nightclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 nightclaw
Member since 2005 • 3049 Posts
When is GS going to review the GC version? It will be interesting to see what it gets. What you beat it gets a 8.7 and the hole, kill the reviewer thing happens again?:Pbededog
actually it got 8.9. However, they said the Wii version was better...I think it was the same reviewer too...second thoughts maybe?
Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Famicomman
Member since 2006 • 2467 Posts
Personly I liked the slashing of the Wii mote for the sword instead of the B-Button...
wickerman2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wickerman2004

the camera system doesn't move as much is it did in WW...which i think is a bit lame, i really liked the camera controls in WW.

i have found a few areas where i had slight issues in the Wii version are easier in the cube version and vise versa...control related.

i still enjoy using the controller to play - anyone who says you can't go back to a controller after the remote is just buying into the whole 'hype' of wii. i had no problems picking up my wavebird and setteling right into playing.

i have tripped myself up and continue to do so because the worlds are mirroed and i'm used to the Wii version.. :lol:

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts

the camera system doesn't move as much is it did in WW...which i think is a bit lame, i really liked the camera controls in WW.

i have found a few areas where i had slight issues in the Wii version are easier in the cube version and vise versa...control related.

i still enjoy using the controller to play - anyone who says you can't go back to a controller after the remote is just buying into the whole 'hype' of wii. i had no problems picking up my wavebird and setteling right into playing.

i have tripped myself up and continue to do so because the worlds are mirroed and i'm used to the Wii version.. :lol:

wickerman2004
Its not hard to switch back ... I just dont want to for the most part. I hate getting up and turning off the console after playing Melee, but so far I have only done that once. I will not be getting the GC version because my main interest is the story, and that is the same so I dont really care.
RadSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 RadSnake
Member since 2006 • 5183 Posts

Personly I liked the slashing of the Wii mote for the sword instead of the B-Button...Famicomman

yea same here

and you can tell what you are doing in the wii version. swing the wiimote and swing horizontally, hold z+a for vertical, and there was those other moves too :?

Willdyer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Willdyer10
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
Is anyone having problems getting hold of this game? On The Hotspot they were saying that people were buying 15 copies and putting them on ebay but i guess its not that hard. Its very easy to get in the UK
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#14 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
[QUOTE="Willdyer10"]Is anyone having problems getting hold of this game? On The Hotspot they were saying that people were buying 15 copies and putting them on ebay but i guess its not that hard. Its very easy to get in the UK

I have seen a few places sold out, but they seem to restock very quickly
Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Famicomman
Member since 2006 • 2467 Posts

Is anyone having problems getting hold of this game? On The Hotspot they were saying that people were buying 15 copies and putting them on ebay but i guess its not that hard. Its very easy to get in the UKWilldyer10

I got mine on launch day before I knew I was going to get a Wii :lol:

Scott-_yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Scott-_yoshi
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts
they both sound great but i have only played TP on wii and i think GC would be easier.
Squidward117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Squidward117
Member since 2005 • 4374 Posts

Is anyone having problems getting hold of this game? On The Hotspot they were saying that people were buying 15 copies and putting them on ebay but i guess its not that hard. Its very easy to get in the UKWilldyer10

I can't find it anywhere...

Amazon has alot of them... Selling for 69.99... Forget that...

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 16069 Posts

[QUOTE="Willdyer10"]Is anyone having problems getting hold of this game? On The Hotspot they were saying that people were buying 15 copies and putting them on ebay but i guess its not that hard. Its very easy to get in the UKSquidward117

Don't ever buy it online, games get restocked quickly so just wait for awhile. At my Best Buy, we sold out with the game and got more copies 2 days later.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
[QUOTE="Squidward117"]

[QUOTE="Willdyer10"]Is anyone having problems getting hold of this game? On The Hotspot they were saying that people were buying 15 copies and putting them on ebay but i guess its not that hard. Its very easy to get in the UKlebanese_boy

Don't ever buy it online, games get restocked quickly so just wait for awhile. At my Best Buy, we sold out with the game and got more copies 2 days later.

I know what you mean, at the Target I live by they sold 10 copies on launch day (everyone else who got a Wii that day was an Ebayer) and they still had another 50 copies of TP, and full stock of everything else. Point is just go in on a day that they get shipments and buy a copy. Amazon is far to expensive right now, and everywhere else is bundles :( I know...I tried before I had gotten my Wii.
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HyruleanLink
[QUOTE="Willdyer10"]Is anyone having problems getting hold of this game? On The Hotspot they were saying that people were buying 15 copies and putting them on ebay but i guess its not that hard. Its very easy to get in the UK

Where I live Best Buy and Target are always restocked quickly when they sellout. I hope I can find one if I get a Wii for Christmas. I'll run all over around town until I get one.