wickerman2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 wickerman2004
Member since 2004 • 3878 Posts

How would that work? Wouldn't the nunchuck have to have some sort of reference like the wiimote? I don't see how it would know you've moved it, sensing momentum maybe? Even if the thing is plugged into the wiimote, it still requires it's own sense of motion detection. Although it does sound really cool.

If you don't know what I'm talking about - click here and read.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
i doubt there is a motion sensor on the nunchuk, it would complicate the controls too much, and they are going for simplicity
wickerman2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wickerman2004

Well, it seems that it does have motion detection in it, and I agree, it goes against the 'simple' control scheme they promote. It's funny - the more simple they make things, the more complicated the options become, you could have an overly complex control scheme.

I think the implementation in the coding is what will determine if it is intuitive or too complicated. I have serious doubts about some companies abilities to pull it off, I wonder if this aspect of the system will end up like the analog shoulder buttons on the cube pad.

SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 SHUTupNrocK8
Member since 2006 • 18346 Posts

i doubt there is a motion sensor on the nunchuk, it would complicate the controls too much, and they are going for simplicityREVOLUTIONfreak

im with you

Willdyer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Willdyer10
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts

Well, it seems that it does have motion detection in it, and I agree, it goes against the 'simple' control scheme they promote. It's funny - the more simple they make things, the more complicated the options become, you could have an overly complex control scheme.

I think the implementation in the coding is what will determine if it is intuitive or too complicated. I have serious doubts about some companies abilities to pull it off, I wonder if this aspect of the system will end up like the analog shoulder buttons on the cube pad.

wickerman2004

how do you know that the nuchuck has a motion sensor?
wickerman2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wickerman2004

has no one read the madden 2007 interview for Wii? they say it straight up - the nunchuck has an accelerometer in it. move the nunchuck right real quick - your character moves right....

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 REVOLUTIONfreak
errr........are you sure they just dont mean the analog stick? I mean imagine hoding a nunchuk trying to move a character....wouldnt that defeat the purpose of having the analog stick/ Plus the nunchuk is just an attatchment so it wouldnt mean that it would be used for every game
wickerman2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wickerman2004

from the interview:

It's not like we said, "Oh, here's a different controller, how can we kind of finagle Madden on it?" It was, "Hey, here's a completely unique controller that we've never seen before. What's the best way to play Madden on this machine?"

IGN Wii: So you're using the free-hand style pointer. How are you using the nunchuck unit?

John Schappert: Well, it controls how you move your player.

IGN Wii: Do you use the trigger buttons on the nunchuck unit?

John Schappert: You know, the buttons are all still being mapped out. It does use the trigger buttons right now. I don't know how much we'll have locked in for you at E3 because we are still working on the final button layout, but it does use the trigger buttons, and it does use the accelerometer in the nunchuck unit as well for juking.

IGN Wii: Perfect. Could you just for clarification purposes give us an idea of how a typical play might work using the controllers?

John Schappert: So, you take the controller, jerk it up to snap. Quarterback now has the ball. Your passing icons are now up. Take the wand controller and you'll see that the four directions on its D-Pad represent four of your receivers; the A button is your fifth receiver. Point to one of those receivers that you want to receive the ball and with your hand gesture a throwing motion to pass. Now, the harder you throw, the more that's going to be a bullet pass. The softer and the more you lob a throw, the more that it's going to be a lob. When you receive the ball, you run with the analog stick on the nunchuck and if you want to juke, you use the nunchuck to gesture it. And if you want to stiff-arm, you use the wand.

that to me says - the nunchuck portion has an accelerometer inside, and senses movement on it's own according to angle tilt, control in addition to the analog stick.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 REVOLUTIONfreak
hmmm.....he did say accelerometer pretty specifically, but im not sure thats entirely what he meant, otherwise i think IGN would have stepped up and asked "WHO WHOA! WAIT!? AN ACCELEROMETER IN THE NUNCHUK?" but they didnt, so thats a little odd to me
wickerman2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wickerman2004
*clears throat* CONFIRMED :D
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 REVOLUTIONfreak
ya, now that i think of it it could be a good thing all depending on the game, not all games will use the second motion sensor though