harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts

As Fize recently posted, Gamespot appears to be shutting us (unions) down. 

asteroid.jpg 

As such, we need a plan to deal with this Impending Crisis. Our Glorious and Most Serene Emperor, Bruneauinfo, has already presented some probable solutions in another thread.

Facebook:

OGMSE Bruneauinfo created a page for the union on facebook. While I am on facebook, I don't use it, so I cannot attest to what that is like, bruno could give us more info on that. The plus side is that most people are on facebook already, and know how to use it. It would probably be a minimal time investment for all involved for us to move there.

DWU:

Long have I foreseen this doom, and in preparation I created the Dynasty Warriors Empire as another forum where some of our threads could be transfered "easily." That said, there hasn't been a need of the forum since it's creation (we are only just now being shut down, after all), and so it is sparcely populated, and without gamespot's forums and game pages as a recruiting ground, will likely remain just a handful of us old friends from DWU. It give us a lot of control, would take up some of my time (which I dont mind) to administer, and will allow us to keep a lot of our historic info, but I don't see it becoming the next big website forum.

Either way, I'm onboard to keep us together in some form or another. What do the rest of you guys think about the situation, and what we, as a union, do about this? All opinions are welcome. 

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

I think you and OGMSE are onto something, and I'm down.

Yeah, I think the DWE is the better option, and our biggest priority should be preserving the union history, forum or a wiki format, I don't mind either. Then we as high ranking members take refugee somewhere else. I vote for Twitter, Skype, then DWE, and last is Facebook, since I deleted mine ages ago.

As for the masses, our Union population of 852 peasant may as well go the way of all flesh! 

I WILL MISS YOU, SOON TO BE DEAD WARRIORS THAT NEVER POSTED NOR CAME BACK. :cry: 

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Bruneauinfo
Member since 2004 • 7777 Posts

the prose with Faebook is that it will probably be around for a long time. The posting there is infinitely easier, and the potential to recruit does exist.

the problem with Facebook is that we would have to drop our DWU imagined personas since we won't have avatars. and so when I post you will see a picture of me rather than Dun. the same goes for everyone which makes it a little harder to roleplay and act juvenile... which is what makes the DWU so awesome. and besides that, our non-DWU peeps like my cousins, uncles, sisters, brothers, etc will see what we post in our timelines and on their walls too from time to time. so if we go to facebook we'd be somewhat compelled to behave more like normal people. which could be fun since we are all getting older.

so the cool thing about the DWE is that we can carry on much the same way we do here--like harden mentioned--with perhaps a slightly greater threat of losing our Empire if that web hosting service was to ever close its doors.

so in that vein I would hope that we could keep both options open, use DWE as the main site, and Facebook as the backup. 

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 harden007
I think bruno is right. I come here to act a fool, and on FB I would have to behave, I have issue with that.
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Victorious_Fize

that's why twitter is perfect

i'm on it 24/7 and nobody knows who you are (doesn't require any real names and data sh!t) 

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bruneauinfo

then we sail for the DWE!!!

and probably pretty soon too.

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 harden007

that's why twitter is perfect

i'm on it 24/7 and nobody knows who you are (doesn't require any real names and data sh!t) 

Victorious_Fize

we should all really already be twitter pals. 

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bruneauinfo
i think most of us are, but I almost never use Twitter except to post. 
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Victorious_Fize

you guys have twitter? awesome! I'm @fize4ever but I can make and have a couple of extra accounts to make them DWU centric, lots of accounts are just made as koei fandom (i.e #TKfamily)

unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts

well, it was fun.

Some of you are on my PSN, but I'm more likely found on Steam

PSN: Brojasu

Steam: Brojasu

360: Unknown 37

It's been fun.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bruneauinfo

so i wonder if Fuse will be going the way of the Dodo too. anyone use that feature anymore?

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bruneauinfo

hell, i'm just going to post this here:

http://dynastywarriorsunion.freeforums.net/

check it out. did this in about 2 hours. looks even more authentic once you've logged in. and there are opportunities to recruit if we ever get a hair up our butts to do it.

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 harden007
Looks very similar to the union boards here.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bruneauinfo
it could be our backup, backup, backup board just in case DWE and Facebook die.
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Victorious_Fize

well, it was fun.

Some of you are on my PSN, but I'm more likely found on Steam

PSN: Brojasu

Steam: Brojasu

360: Unknown 37

It's been fun.

unknown37

will add u on ps3 

Mr_Buttman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Mr_Buttman
Member since 2005 • 5528 Posts

I'm really torn. I've always planned on dying here along with this union... but there are still a few of you who want to keep on going.

It's not a bad idea to have some kind of backup plan - some place of refugee for us to be able to go to, and remain somewhat connected. But I have to honest, I can't guarantee that I'll remember to visit as often as I've used to.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bruneauinfo

we'll forgive you.

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 harden007

I've always planned on dying here along with this union... 

Mr_Buttman

OMG you have a point. Seppuku. Maybe it's time to end it. Still keeping in touch, but letting nature take its course.

Now I also, am torn. 

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bruneauinfo

well, we are all getting older. probably explains the declining need to come here and act silly.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bruneauinfo

i guess we could also liken this to humanity attempting interstellar travel to preserve our species. we too are considering ways to preserve the DWU way of life. of course it could be our behaviors here in our little world are so congenital to the human condition that... wait, i said genital *heh heh heh*

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Lol just a few months ago they were promising Unions 2.0. This was kinda inevitable with how much activity has been declining though.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bruneauinfo

well, crappy interface = loss of interest. when you have facebook, Twitter, and a number of much easier to use social interfaces out there, why would you come here and use forum software still stuck in the early 2000's? 

they brought this on themselves. heck, even their facebook page sucks. what they don't have is a webdesigner working for them who is talented. I think they must be subcontracting all of their web interface work out to another company. and why would that company go above and beyond to make this place better than what's already out there? they have no motivation because they're getting paid no matter what they put out.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bruneauinfo

well, we're not exactly talking about DW, and we're not exactly talking about gaming, but we are posting over at http://dynastywarriorsunion.freeforums.net/

It's just my brother and me.  And we're chatting about practical living more than anything else.