bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bastards12345
Member since 2005 • 7194 Posts

Okay, there's this company that must be local, called Ill Bro Records, and they got Juelz Santana and are getting Dem Franchise Boys to perform in my city... now, I don't care about them, obviously, but they wanted my crew to perform as the opening act to Dem Franchise Boys...

I don't like them, but I'd perform as an opening act because I know they'd bring a crowd, especially of kids from around my city who know me and they could hear my ****... but we aren't really prepared for that, we don't have any finished tracks, and they want a track by today, which we don't have...

SON OF A *****!

Now I know my crew has to get on the grind, so another opportunity doesn't pass us by.

zzzxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#2 zzzxx
Member since 2003 • 1271 Posts
That sucks.
noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 noahcycle12
Member since 2004 • 14304 Posts

Sucks man! 

Theres a radio show on late at night here in florida that lets callers talk about any relationship/sex issues they have.  Some times you get some really sad calls like people abused as a child and.......yeah.  Bad stuff.  But anyway, last night a lady called in and asked one of the guys on the show how he got started in radio.  He had an interesting story.  He first had one of his friends that had some turn tables, and then he saw a dj on tv do some scratching and he was hooked.  He said "when I heard that "whicky whicky"sound I was hooked."  So he started practicing on his friends tables and then started playing at a club.  He was paid by the owner with free beer and a gram of coke each night.  (I dont recommend that as paymeny by the way)  Then he was approached by a guy that wanted him to be on radio, so he finally got sobber.  I know it doesnt mean much, I just thought of you when I was listening to him, and then its ironic that you talk about this.  Anyway moving on.  Just a story.

bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bastards12345

Sucks man! 

Theres a radio show on late at night here in florida that lets callers talk about any relationship/sex issues they have.  Some times you get some really sad calls like people abused as a child and.......yeah.  Bad stuff.  But anyway, last night a lady called in and asked one of the guys on the show how he got started in radio.  He had an interesting story.  He first had one of his friends that had some turn tables, and then he saw a dj on tv do some scratching and he was hooked.  He said "when I heard that "whicky whicky"sound I was hooked."  So he started practicing on his friends tables and then started playing at a club.  He was paid by the owner with free beer and a gram of coke each night.  (I dont recommend that as paymeny by the way)  Then he was approached by a guy that wanted him to be on radio, so he finally got sobber.  I know it doesnt mean much, I just thought of you when I was listening to him, and then its ironic that you talk about this.  Anyway moving on.  Just a story.

noahcycle12

Heh, that made you think of good ol' C-GHOST.

Well, except for the drugs part, I can see some parallelism.

noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 noahcycle12
Hey ghost what type of rap or pop type music do you like?  I mean I know you like the thug type music and old skool especially, but do you listen to stuff like the Gorillaz or what?  I cant get in to the thug music, no offense, but I do like the old stuff like Run DMC even Beastie Boys.  Although I do like the acoustic Thugz Mansion.  But I like to play on my git-fiddle so thats probably why.  And its got a smooth beat.
bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bastards12345

Hey ghost what type of rap or pop type music do you like?  I mean I know you like the thug type music and old skool especially, but do you listen to stuff like the Gorillaz or what?  I cant get in to the thug music, no offense, but I do like the old stuff like Run DMC even Beastie Boys.  Although I do like the acoustic Thugz Mansion.  But I like to play on my git-fiddle so thats probably why.  And its got a smooth beat.noahcycle12

I diss thug music in my rhymes all the time.

I like 90's west coast gangsta rap, and some of the mid-90's New York gangsta stuff, but I like movement rap and socially conscious stuff a LOT better.  Underground and Old-School are my favorites, especially Old-School when they had integrity and didn't litter tracks with senseless swearing and violence.  There's nothing wrong with cussing, but to cuss for the sake of a shock factor is ridiculous.

And modern gangsta rap is WHACK, from contemporary times I like mostly conscious rap, which is mostly underground stuff because no one wants to actually think when they hear a track.

And I don't like pop, lol, especially Hip POP.

noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 noahcycle12
Hmm.  So you are into what I thought you were.  And I agree about how the music has changed.  Rap now-a-days dosent even ryhme anymore.  It all sounds like they have a mouth full of marbles or sumthin.  Or as my friend says "He talks like hes got balls in his mouth."  lol  And the senseless language is such a turn off.  Just like when a fine young thing (lady) does it.  Im just like, "well you were hot until you opened your mouth."  I mean if you knew someone that always cussed and they got mad, it wouldnt really faze you that much.  But if someone never did and then they start yelling WTF!... then youre like "oh snap!!  Hes pissed."  If you use it, it losses it.
6thDjinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 6thDjinn
Member since 2004 • 463 Posts
bummer
JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 JeffSteel
Member since 2004 • 2989 Posts
While that was a most unfortunant incident, the real shame would be if you were to have learned nothing from the experiance.
noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 noahcycle12

While that was a most unfortunant incident, the real shame would be if you were to have learned nothing from the experiance.JeffSteel

Wheres ghost when you need him?

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 taisho_rolyat
Member since 2004 • 3105 Posts

[QUOTE="JeffSteel"]While that was a most unfortunant incident, the real shame would be if you were to have learned nothing from the experiance.noahcycle12

Wheres ghost when you need him?

Yeah Noah, you really suck as a placeholder- you missed Jeff's spelling of 'unfortunate.'

:P

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JeffSteel
Lol what can I say, its just hard coded into me from a liftime of being in Dixie Land.  YeeeeEEAAAAAAAAHH!!!! (the rebel yell, in case your confused).
bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bastards12345

I've heard the rebel yell........

if you have to stretch out the word "yeah", I prefer:

Yeeeeeeaaaahhhh Booyy-eeeeeeee, ala Flavor Flav, haha.

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JeffSteel

I've heard the rebel yell........

if you have to stretch out the word "yeah", I prefer:

Yeeeeeeaaaahhhh Booyy-eeeeeeee, ala Flavor Flav, haha.

bastards12345

I've heard it too, but the point is, the grammer is a result of ingrained southern habits.

noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 noahcycle12
I know what you mean Jeff.  Its been until recently that I would say ANTANA.  Know what that is?  Its for you radio.  lol