Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gianhardy141
Member since 2011 • 744 Posts

As we all know our end will be coming soon and although I lament it I feel nostalgic in this union more than ever. So how did you all come/hear of this union and what were your first experiences? Did you also play DW for long before you joined too?

This is my experience, as my shrine will tell you  I joined in June 16 2008 and I joined casually I just saw the union joined and was like w.e's and moved on. I was a boy of 13 and had played Dw4 for almost a year now and I was overwhelemd as a little ps2 boy how complex the story was. I heard about 5 and 6 and I didn't have a ps3/360 so 6 was out of the picture but I heard of controlling empires and stuff so I was like let's get 5 empires but it seemed "old" for me at the time rofl so I wondered if it was so old (yes I was that naive) was it even sold

So i came to this union and this was my first ever topic and post

And I expected a 2 day wait since all my other unions usually was like that rofl but I arrived at the time the union reached 700+ posts in 1 week and I got a quick and also very warm response. I decided to stay and the rest...is history 

I later gave it up to Voork in a back alley a few weeks later and he never came back...bastard

Well that's my story, wat's yours?  

Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gianhardy141

Also for nostalgia sake

my first ever DWU sig...

good times 

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts

Those were the days: Bruno trying his best to be helpful while I bitch and moan all day about things out of my control. Things haven't changed much lol.

I'm scrolling through my posting history to see if my first posts are still there, I'm only to page 70 atm.

Oh hardy I had forgotten that we kicked you out of the union at some point lol. (page 74 of my history)

Public stoning of jeffsteel, page 212

Chopping Block, page 215

The Off-Topic board (ugh) page 254,

Bruno's secret project (ROTK DWU Style) page 282

http://www.gamespot.com/unions/DWUnion/forums/26649680/lol-salt-in-the-wound---dwu-style

http://www.gamespot.com/unions/DWUnion/forums/26474751/dwa-diplomacy - jobo, one of my favorite members, his lack of punctuation in a lot of his posts, and his alcoholism, we are kindred spirits.

the age of constant attempts to make union games - page 290

welcoming bruno to the union - page 298

(sheds a tear)

Page 332 of my posting history is it. My first post in the union was in the following thread:

http://www.gamespot.com/unions/DWUnion/forums/20416961/sign-here?page=0

Many heros posted there. 

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 harden007

That actually is probably NOT my first post, as it was made like a month after I joined. 

Don't forget that much of the union was scortched by ranger_waha, and a lot of threads were moderated and/or deleted for whatever reasons. The original Hurt/Heal: Instant Death comes to mind. 

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Bruneauinfo
Member since 2004 • 7777 Posts

too bad they don't archive the unions for posterities sake. that way we could always come back here and visit even though we wouldn't be able to post. AMD did that with their forums. I can still go in and look at stuff I posted back in 2004, but no one can post to the forums anymore. that way they don't have to employ mods and admins.

also, hardy i can't believe that was your first post.

and harden, i'm guessing that the sign in sheet was the start of the union pretty much? like right before it turned into a flame war?

also... i'm reminded by hardy's post of voork. wonder if he's still around. perhaps he's on Steam.  

Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gianhardy141

too bad they don't archive the unions for posterities sake. that way we could always come back here and visit even though we wouldn't be able to post. AMD did that with their forums. I can still go in and look at stuff I posted back in 2004, but no one can post to the forums anymore. that way they don't have to employ mods and admins.

and harden, i'm guessing that the sign in sheet was the start of the union pretty much? like right before it turned into a flame war?

also... i'm reminded by hardy's post of voork. wonder if he's still around. perhaps he's on Steam.  

Bruneauinfo

yep that was the first time I ever posted I didnt even introduce myself rofl 

Avatar image for mitsuhideakechi
mitsuhideakechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mitsuhideakechi
Member since 2007 • 2018 Posts

I was actually brought here by my cousin who was a member in the DWU. 

@Hardy, wtf? I told you man, protect yourself before you bump it with voork. Still, very slutty of you Hardy. :s

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bruneauinfo
[QUOTE="Bruneauinfo"]

Gianhardy141

I guess those avatars were being passed around so much that i probably thought you were someone else. i mean i even said it in the post.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Man
Avatar image for mitsuhideakechi
mitsuhideakechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mitsuhideakechi
Member since 2007 • 2018 Posts

ManCptJSparrow

Woman.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Can't find my original post from the other account, but I probably don't want to find it xD
Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gianhardy141
[QUOTE="Gianhardy141"][QUOTE="Bruneauinfo"]

Bruneauinfo

I guess those avatars were being passed around so much that i probably thought you were someone else. i mean i even said it in the post.

ik the first few days I actually wondered "Wth did i forget i was active? lol
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bruneauinfo

how do you get to the first post? I went to my contributions, but they make you go page by page. And with all my posts that would take days to get there.

Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gianhardy141

how do you get to the first post? I went to my contributions, but they make you go page by page. And with all my posts that would take days to get there.

Bruneauinfo

well Ik what my first topic was

but also instead of looking for the topics i just go to google type the topic and then put DWU

thats how I look up all topics

Shrine of Jeffhardy141?  Type it in goolge lol 

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 harden007

Bruneauinfo

That's what I had to do. 300+ pages going back to 2005. 

Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gianhardy141
[QUOTE="Bruneauinfo"]

harden007

[/QUOTEfo real 

mhmmm *igga I aint  got time for that sh*t  

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 harden007
[QUOTE="harden007"][QUOTE="Bruneauinfo"]

Gianhardy141

[/QUOTEfo real 

Yeah I didn't either but your OP made me too curious. 

Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gianhardy141
[QUOTE="Gianhardy141"][QUOTE="harden007"][QUOTE="Bruneauinfo"]

harden007

[/QUOTEfo real 

Yeah I didn't either but your OP made me too curious. 

lol nah but it's cool to find your OP 
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bruneauinfo

well, according to the FAQ for the GS site redo this software is 17 years old, right? or is it 15? anyway, it's really old. no wonder it's so inconvenient.

Â