mitsuhideakechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mitsuhideakechi
Member since 2007 • 2018 Posts
Sheesh! It seems that we aer all taking a break from GS. :/ Well, I hope we start posting away, most importantly hope you are all safe. :)
jeffhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 jeffhardy141
Member since 2007 • 6151 Posts

Sheesh! It seems that we aer all taking a break from GS. :/ Well, I hope we start posting away, most importantly hope you are all safe. :)mitsuhideakechi
lol thx hope everything goes well for you.

Well fyi if the union is active Im active, if its not then how can I be active?

just saying. Since theres only 3 of us, we should come up with a topic we know will be active

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JeffSteel
Member since 2004 • 2989 Posts
Been doing alot of house cleaning lately.  Still around reading posts though, per usual.
wonzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 wonzan
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts
exams are round the corner, have been studying etc. Oh and welcome back!
Avatar image for mitsuhideakechi
mitsuhideakechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mitsuhideakechi
Thank you, I am done with classes so I wanted to spend my break posting here. :) Good to be back!
Habast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 Habast
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts
I've been busy packing for a move, and with school. And procrastinating both as much as possible. :roll:
mitsuhideakechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mitsuhideakechi
I've been busy packing for a move, and with school. And procrastinating both as much as possible. :roll:Habast
Ah, not easy, eh? Haha yeah... I procrastiante a lot on my discussions.. XD
Gaarakin2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gaarakin2010
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts
my dads been in hostpital so aint been on pc much, but im still here :D
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Bruneauinfo
Member since 2004 • 7777 Posts

i've been trying to not spend so much time on the computer. my wrists are feeling much better because of it. 

bug_trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bug_trevor
Member since 2007 • 3796 Posts
Being slammed with College exams. Ugh. I'd be here a lil more otherwise. Welcome back Mits
mitsuhideakechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mitsuhideakechi

Thank you. :)

@Bruno: Don't want to get carpal tunnel hm? x.x...

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bruneauinfo

well, and there are lots of things to do since i'm home and it's warm and i have a 2 year old son and i live in the same town as much of my extended family.

mitsuhideakechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mitsuhideakechi

well, and there are lots of things to do since i'm home and it's warm and i have a 2 year old son and i live in the same town as much of my extended family.

Bruneauinfo
Ah, well that's cool. :D
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bruneauinfo

i hope you northern hemisphere people who live somewhere close to the same latitude as me are having a great spring!!

for you equivalent southern hemisphere peeps i hope you're having a great fall!!

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

I'm here. K now, lets gay it up.

Or not.

*poof*

wonzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wonzan

i hope you northern hemisphere people who live somewhere close to the same latitude as me are having a great spring!!

for you equivalent southern hemisphere peeps i hope you're having a great fall!!

Bruneauinfo

Amazing weather! BUT, I'm either stuck behind books or in the hospital listening to heart murmurs whilst gazing out of the window as the scene passes me by.........................*cries*

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bruneauinfo

too bad you don't work in construction like me. i get to work out in the stuff all year. 

wait.. doctor? maybe you have the better job.

wonzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wonzan
^ykno, I've always been really interested in construction. More the architectural side than the actual nitty gritty part. If I wasn't going to become a doctor I would most likely have become an architect. I love watching shows like Megabuildings on the discovery channel lol. One of the few shows on TV that I actually watch! lol
jeffhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jeffhardy141
yep I always watched architecture shows like Bob the Builder
mitsuhideakechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mitsuhideakechi
@Hardy: LMFAO I expected an actuall construction show to be named.... In that case, when I was little I built things out of lego. Anyway, I am interested in construction as well.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bruneauinfo

too bad i don't have any work or i'd put you all on the payroll!

:P

jeffhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jeffhardy141

@Hardy: LMFAO I expected an actuall construction show to be named.... In that case, when I was little I built things out of lego. Anyway, I am interested in construction as well.mitsuhideakechi
Lol ya i know bet that took you out of surrpise :P

I wanna take a hand at phsyciatry (maybe i should learn how to spell it)

IDK seems pretty cool. Took a job test and i have creative arts or crap. Physiatry is an option and they get a good salary.

Good Salary= my intrest

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Victorious_Fize

I have the coolest avatar ever. Okuni, hmmmm. :}

Although it needs a matching sig. Might do one tomorrow.

wonzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wonzan

too bad i don't have any work or i'd put you all on the payroll!

Bruneauinfo

d'awwww =[...

*puts down screwdriver and clawhammer*

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bruneauinfo

hardy as a psychiatrist...

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts

Victorious_Fize

lol 

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Victorious_Fize
[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]

harden007

lol 

Think you're misquoting me for this

Bruneauinfo

lol

jeffhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jeffhardy141

Bruneauinfo

How does your surprise make you feel?

mitsuhideakechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mitsuhideakechi

Bruneauinfo
Lol
JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JeffSteel
Been addicted to world of Tanks recently, yall should try it out, it's pretty awesome.
wonzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wonzan
^a tv programme?
i actually enjoy programmes that explore the history of weapons. Like the progression to a modern day missile from ancient roots. But, when I think what these modern day weapons are used for it makes me a little sick. Swords and such have a similar purpose but they don't make me feel the same way. Hard to say why. Perhaps because holding a gun or pressing a button makes life feel so cheap, whereas dying by the sword in a fight is at least somewhat dignified? I don't know, its hard to say. But I know I despise guns (before anyone says, no, I am not offended by FPS games lol).
JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JeffSteel

No no, its an  free to play MMO, check it out here.

As for swords versus guns, while swords are awesome and lends a degree of elegance to warfare, you had to have strength and years of training to wield them effectively.  Guns require only a modicum of training and no extra degree of strength to use.  This has had a great equalizing effect on the role of the average person vis a vis their government and each other.  A gun lets anyone defend themselves from predation by others, so a landed aristocracy who are born and bred to wage warfare in exchange for political privilege is no longer necessary.  Where people are allowed to carry guns to protect themselves, police aren't terribly necessary either, at least not to the extend of comprising what is tantamount to an occupation force, as if we have been conquered by someone.  The gun when properly used, for self defense, is thus a great liberator.  Those that want to take guns away from the average person based on the mistaken belief that they somehow cause crime and violence, in effect would rather people be victimized by criminals in the absence of policemen than let them defend themselves.  Think about it, a home invader or two storms into your home: how long is it going to take for the cops to get there versus how long it takes for a bullet to traverse the distance of a typical room?

Rendering the citizenry defenceless does make it easier to tax them though...

wonzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wonzan

^BUT, it has been proven without doubt that those countries with a gun ban have FAR fewer gun crimes and not just that but far fewer murders in total.

Your point about it being easy to use a gun can be argued the other way. Vigilantes have never been successful. THey have always ended in needless bloodshed. Giving people weapons and a false sense of authority will just cause clashes. In a situation where one would ignore his neighbour, such as the recent case where two men started shooting each other because one had his lawn defecated on by a dog, if you have a gun in your hand a false sense of entitlement or authority you would be more tempted to assert yourself.

In todays civillized society a gun has little meaning in conveying what the people desire from their govt. The egyptians overthrew their govt using bodies and voices for example. This has happened throughout the east actually. 

To defend yourself is important, but by giving every criminal a gun you handicap yourself again. I MUCH prefer the situation of 2 thieves armed with knives against me armed with a knife vs 2 thieves armed with guns and me armed with a gun. I also think that in the latter case the thieves would be more afraid since they know that just a pull of a trigger could end their life and so they would shoot me first. In the first scenario there is still room for a deal to be struck, i.e. take this and leave, I don't want to fight you.

Sure there will be cirucmstances where a criminal obtains a gun (which are smuggled from countries where their selling is legal) and you, being a law abiding citizen, won't have one. But these don't have to be fatal and the occurences of such events would naturally diminish greatly, from their already small number, with more countries banning guns.

As far as people that like guns as entertainment, gun ranges and strict memberships can easily be established to satisfy their needs.

In summary, in countries where guns are banned and where the punishment for posession or using one is harsh there is much less murder. I think that alone is worth the banning of guns. I mean, just comparing the general state of brazil or mexico or even rougher areas of the US to England for example is a real eye opener.

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JeffSteel

^BUT, it has been proven without doubt that those countries with a gun ban have FAR fewer gun crimes and not just that but far fewer murders in total.

wonzan

No.  It has been proven without doubt that gun bans increase violent crime.  Such as how the UK's crime rate skyrocketed after implementation of their gun ban.

Your point about it being easy to use a gun can be argued the other way. Vigilantes have never been successful. THey have always ended in needless bloodshed. Giving people weapons and a false sense of authority will just cause clashes. In a situation where one would ignore his neighbour, such as the recent case where two men started shooting each other because one had his lawn defecated on by a dog, if you have a gun in your hand a false sense of entitlement or authority you would be more tempted to assert yourself.

wonzan

Never?  Always?  No.  In any case vigilantes need not carry guns in order to cause harm, it is a totally separate issue unrelated to gun control, unless you believe people are simply not capable of self control and need to be controlled by anointed "experts."  If someone is willing to get violent over a dispute, they will use any potential weapon they can find.  Shall we ban all kitchen utensils, garden equipment,  writing devices, or boxes and packages over a certain weight?  Your logic can be (and often enough is) used to ban anything and everything.

In todays civillized society a gun has little meaning in conveying what the people desire from their govt. The egyptians overthrew their govt using bodies and voices for example. This has happened throughout the east actually. 

wonzan

So we have progressed past the ideas that people should be able to defend themselves?  What have we progressed into, the idea that we can trust government to protect us, although it will take five to ten minutes minimum for to cops to arrive should someone be confronted by a criminal, plenty of time for them to die at the criminals hands, weather or not the criminal subsequently gets away.  But why not just ban guns and have some sorta "secret police" (since uniformed police would tip off the bad guys) following each and every citizen twenty four hours a day.  It's not like they could also be used to eliminate political dissidents or undesirables like Jews... oh wait...

To defend yourself is important, but by giving every criminal a gun you handicap yourself again. I MUCH prefer the situation of 2 thieves armed with knives against me armed with a knife vs 2 thieves armed with guns and me armed with a gun. I also think that in the latter case the thieves would be more afraid since they know that just a pull of a trigger could end their life and so they would shoot me first. In the first scenario there is still room for a deal to be struck, i.e. take this and leave, I don't want to fight you.

wonzan

What will happen after gun control (which will logically extend towards any object which can be construed as a weapon, like knives) is a situation of  2 thieves with guns vs. you with nothing, unless your willing to break the law in order not to be murdered.  If you had a gun and they knew it, they simply would not target you and wait for easier, unarmed prey.  If they didn't know you had a gun,and engaged you, and you drew your weapon, they might be more likely to shoot immediately, or more likely to run away so as not to die themselves.  At least you wouldn't be executed.  After all, if you are not armed, why bother negotiating with you when they can just kill you and take what they want, as well as dispose of an incriminating witness.

Sure there will be cirucmstances where a criminal obtains a gun (which are smuggled from countries where their selling is legal) and you, being a law abiding citizen, won't have one. But these don't have to be fatal and the occurences of such events would naturally diminish greatly, from their already small number, with more countries banning guns.

As far as people that like guns as entertainment, gun ranges and strict memberships can easily be established to satisfy their needs.

wonzan

That circumstance is when they are planning to break the law anyway, and are assuming they wont be caught, which is say every time someone plans to commit a violent crime in a country with bans on guns.  If it was common knowledge that most ordinary citizens were carrying guns, a large percentage of potential criminals would know the odds of getting shot while perpetrating a crime would be astronomically high, and would therefore not even make the attempt.  Therefore, such occurrences need not happen at all, save in cases of the mentally deranged or crazies, who should be prevented from buying weapons if it is proven they are not mentally competent.  Even then, an armed populace could neutralize such threats without them turning into a large scale massacre like Columbine and such.

So guns for entertainment are fine, just not for self defense?  Seriously?

In summary, in countries where guns are banned and where the punishment for posession or using one is harsh there is much less murder. I think that alone is worth the banning of guns. I mean, just comparing the general state of brazil or mexico or even rougher areas of the US to England for example is a real eye opener.

wonzan

Nope, whist law abiding citizens are stripped of their protection from wanton criminals and rapacious governments, law enforcement resources must be diverted away from prosecuting violent criminals and towards prosecuting otherwise law abiding citizens who merely want to be self reliant.  Violent crime can increase as a result of this alone.   The roughest areas of the US tend to have stricter gun control laws, and of course this is true everywhere in the UK.  Brazil is now ruled by a marxist who was sent to prison for attempting the violent overthrow of that nations government, and Mexico is a corrupt kleptocracy truly ruled by the drug cartels who kill Mexicans at will.  Their people need to arm themselves now more-so that ever as their governments are either unable to protect them or will become their greatest enemy.

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Victorious_Fize
In summary, guns are the new weapons of mankind. That is, until Jedi lightsabers kicks in at least.
JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JeffSteel
Basically, yes, except with the caveat that armor or some other protective device must grow so effective against bullets that some other solution is necessary to penetrate them.  Take the Persian wars for example.  The Greeks were not necessarily overwhelmingly better fighters than the Persians, but their methods of warfare were diametrically opposed.  Persians valued the archer above all else, whilst Greeks championed heavily armored infantry.  In pitched battles, archers often only got three or four shots off before the Greeks met the Persian line in melee battle, at which point the Persian infantry armored only in cloths were butchered.  When the Greeks could not engage archers, ike in mountinous terrean, the suffered heavily, but in all the deciscive clashes of the Greek-Persian wars the Persians met the Greeks on the Greeks terms.
wonzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wonzan
Ah, I'd like to discuss this further. Most people I come across always agree with me so its good to see someone with the other view. With exams plaguing me I don't have much time to dig up links/facts etc but will try and do in due course. Remind me if I forget lol.
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts
I await the continuance of this debate.
wonzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wonzan
Ah yes! Mark your calendars sirs! For it shall be a momentous and electrifying occasion! lol
mitsuhideakechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mitsuhideakechi
Ah yes! Mark your calendars sirs! For it shall be a momentous and electrifying occasion! lolwonzan
What day? -has pen and calendar ready-
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bruneauinfo
[QUOTE="Bruneauinfo"]

jeffhardy141

How does your surprise make you feel?

LOL'd

:D 

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bruneauinfo

the day you met....(fill in the blank DWU trivia heads)

Â