Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

Wow, tried it on for a little, took on the Yellow Turbans as Emperor Ling's representative: He Jin. Really vastly (although similarities are there) different from Nobunaga's Ambition.

Wan was a piece of cake, but I was so tactically inferior (AKA noob), that I sent out my invading troops from Hu Lao Gate not once, but twice! I'm gonna get into my "Han's strategist" mode soon enough though, just give it some time.

I've read Harden's review on it, and it seems that there was a role playing aspect before? If so, does it contain concubines? Because I'll just dismiss it if it does not.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Bruneauinfo
Member since 2004 • 7777 Posts

11 is susceptible to micromanagement.

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Victorious_Fize

Yeah it seems so; problem is, I'm not into the mood as I just walked out of Supreme Ruler, which is a real world simulator in the making since the 80's. I want something with at least a small degree of personalization. Creating officers seem to be helping so far, but we'll see about it.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bruneauinfo

i created over 130 custom officers and named them after people from my history. then i set them up as teams and had them take on my clan and the DW clans. was fun.

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts

i created over 130 custom officers and named them after people from my history. then i set them up as teams and had them take on my clan and the DW clans. was fun.

Bruneauinfo
Yeah that sounds like a fun thing to do. I might give XI another go as it has been awhile. And I dont remember writing a review for it.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bruneauinfo

well if you recall i wrote a summary of the adventure that i had with my various factions. one of them was the DWU with Steel as the leader. 

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts

well if you recall i wrote a summary of the adventure that i had with my various factions. one of them was the DWU with Steel as the leader. 

Bruneauinfo

I do remember. I was thinking about doing something similar. Never got to it. 

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Victorious_Fize

Well, I finally took out their Southern district, I set up the game to historical and it wasn't quite as I hoped since they killed Zhang Jiao forcefully to comply with historical records...

Also, Harden: your insightful review. :)

Oh, and if I'm getting this right Bruno, you created a Gamespot feudal unions version on ROTK XI? O.o

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bruneauinfo

more like a Bruneauinfo's personally historically affected feudal ROTK hybrid.

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Victorious_Fize

That sounds interesting... xD

Well, Zhang Bao made the stupidest move advancing on Chen Liu with Cao Cao, Xiahou Dun, Dian Wei, and Yuan Shao all stationed in Hu Lou's Gate awaiting for the Grand General's orders (me, He Jin). I'm currently facing the difficult decision of either closing in on their capital with an average-sized (but really high quality officers) counter-attack, or retreat and enhance my defenses.

It would've been easier had Dong Zhou not betrayed me after helping against the Ma family...

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bruneauinfo

the sad thing about ROTK XI is that once you figure out the AI it becomes relatively easy to beat the game unless you purposely start yourself out at a huge disadvantage. but even then, once you pass a certain point the game is played identically no matter where you start from. 

there is an upgrade kit that sells in the asian market that works with the asian version, but i don't think it's available anymore. there is also an english translation patch for the Chinese version. you may still be able to find it. but if you buy it it's not cheap.

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Victorious_Fize

Hmm, would you like to share the secret recipe of figuring out the AI, bruno? :P

And yeah, besieged the capital, killed Zhang Bao, but definite food shortages failed my ambitions.

I'll load an old save and head to the defense department and focus on Dong Zhou instead.

I disagree about the identical gameplay though, I've played NA for over two years, while battles and strategies are similar, the dynamics are certainly changing. :)

I've gotten the English version, so I don't think I'd be able to get the upgrade kit, although what does it have though?

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bruneauinfo

best strategy

1 - fight your way to an edge of the map - prefferably the south or the east. in the process feel free to abandon any cities as you go. in other words get your back up against a wall and don't waste generals, troops, or any other resources trying to maintain cities near the core of the map.

2 - after you reach the edge of the map turn the map-edge cities into resource manufacturers and move your troops and ultimate generals to the front lines. keep your resource cities producing at maximum capacity!

3 - DO NOT ATTACK!!! build your armies up till they are busting at the seams!! but only at the front lines. preferably wait until your target is under attack by an enemy and then coordinate your attack so you show up right as they are both just about wiped out. once you win that battle have a team of good officers waiting to follow up with a mass of troops, food, gold, and weapons to move into the conquered city and reinforce it!

4 - avoid using a thrust strategy!! that is, don't try and plunge into the core of the map. instead move your attacks in a sweeping formation around the perimeter of the map. so if you take the eastern cities turn your attacks to the south and sweep around. trying to defend cities in the core of the map means multiple directions of attack. if you control the borders you decrease the number of directions attack can come from!

5 - keep your best generals posted at the points of attack. but only attack in ONE direction. don't leave a city vulnerable to attack without leaving at least 1 great general and 2 decent generals.

6 - NEVER dismiss crappy officers!! use the crappiest ones to transport materials from your deepest production cities to your front line cities. use your very mediocre ones in the furthest resource cities and keep them cranking out resources. keep your mediocre ones closest to the front lines to serve as producers of resouces on the fron lines. use your good officers in your cities on the front lines that have the BEST production potential (i.e. the most land and your critical weapon production). your best officers should be running your campaigns and aiding production when they aren't fighting or defending the front lines. 

7 - don't supply your troops in the field unless they are already thoroughly winning. nothing like losing a giant transport of materials to an attack!! in the same vein be VERY cautious about transporting resources over a long distance. if in doubt hop resources from one city to the next and let competent officers march out troops while carrying gold and food. at least they will be able to defend themselves!

in summary - know your officer's strengths and weaknesses and put them to task at the job that takes best advantage of their attributes. don't spread your forces thin. have a definite strategy for every move. don't strike out in anger. thoroughly prepare your armies and your follow up teams and you will move across the map quickly. act too compulsively and your progress will be slow and painful.

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Victorious_Fize
I love you.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bruneauinfo

no ones that lonely!!

:P

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bruneauinfo

another hint:

balance your food prodution so the majority is produced away from the front lines. use the front lines to mainly produce battle gear and soldiers. food too, but don't go overboard. once i get a couple cities between the front lines and the rear i turn my rear cities into near 100% food production - unless a city has a specialty i need.  

TriEdgeFury26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 TriEdgeFury26
Member since 2007 • 2660 Posts
I never had the patience for XI, but I've clocked easily over 200 hours into X. I love creating a good 30 officers and taking over everything during "A time for heroes"
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bruneauinfo

are you new to the dwu? or has it just been a long time?

if the answer is A then WELCOME!!!! :D :D :D

if the answer is B then WELCOME BACK!!!!! :P :P :P 

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bruneauinfo

also freemode type gameplay rulz!

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Victorious_Fize

another hint:

balance your food prodution so the majority is produced away from the front lines. use the front lines to mainly produce battle gear and soldiers. food too, but don't go overboard. once i get a couple cities between the front lines and the rear i turn my rear cities into near 100% food production - unless a city has a specialty i need.  

Bruneauinfo

Yeah, I'm a little shady about this. Should I be worried that amassing too much troops will one day stop the generated surpluss of food (i.e defecit)? 

I never had the patience for XI, but I've clocked easily over 200 hours into X. I love creating a good 30 officers and taking over everything during "A time for heroes"TriEdgeFury26

are you new to the dwu? or has it just been a long time?

if the answer is A then WELCOME!!!! :D :D :D

if the answer is B then WELCOME BACK!!!!! :P :P :P 

Bruneauinfo

This! :D 

also freemode type gameplay rulz!

Bruneauinfo

Ain't that the truth! I'm currently creating an entire family clan of recluse inbreeds. :lol: 

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bruneauinfo

the key is to identify your key attack/defense cities and supply their food needs with your other cities. don't go tooo troop crazy on your food production cities. but until you put your back to either the south or the east i'm not sure any of this is possible. as the north and west are pretty crappy for food production.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bruneauinfo

weep for our departing kingdom!! 

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Victorious_Fize
I'm trying to maintain order, but the exams are surrounding my front, I'm unable to make any serious inspection right now!
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bruneauinfo

the DWU in their escape pod.Â