Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Zeromus1337
Member since 2008 • 15955 Posts

What are your favorite RTS games?

My favorite would be Warcraft III : The Frozen Throne. I don't play the regular games these days though. I play DoTa games online on the US East server when I get the chance. Age Of Empires II or Age Of Mythology would be a close second.

lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lo_Reaper_ol
Member since 2007 • 4953 Posts
My favorite RTS so far is Age of Mythology.
rikhan_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#3 rikhan_z
Member since 2005 • 3410 Posts

I really enjoy the Age of Empires and Homeworld.

I really enjoyed playing warcraft 3... I rate them the most, as Warcraft 2 started the RTS genre. However the story is too simple and it offers pure Strategy gameplay.

Starcraft is hardcore. I can't wait for Starcraft 2

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
My favourite RTS is probably Command and Conquer Red Alert 1 and 2. However Starcraft comes close to this and the Star Wars Empire at War game.
despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts
Warcraft 3 is my favorite RTS
Zeromus1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zeromus1337
Aww yeah, Warcraft!
Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Faller88
Member since 2006 • 7277 Posts
Age of Empires wins over Age of Mythology by default. My laptop couldnt play AoM, and by the Time I had a descent PC (Which, by now, has become an old wreck I'm affraid.), newer stuff had come out.On console, I must say I love Civilisation Revolution, its perfect for a dull evening.
Zeromus1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zeromus1337
I have Age Of Empires around here. It should work on this PC (XP) with little to no problems, since my PC is Vista based.
_Horde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 _Horde
Member since 2007 • 10463 Posts
Warcraft 3. For the AMAZING lore..
Avatar image for skatefreak47203
skatefreak47203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 skatefreak47203
Member since 2005 • 1974 Posts
civilaztions IV warlords
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 garfield360uk
Nice, I quite like that game myself. I have the complete collection but the matches take forever, I cant also get my game to load save files so have given up with it :(
skatefreak47203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 skatefreak47203
Nice, I quite like that game myself. I have the complete collection but the matches take forever, I cant also get my game to load save files so have given up with it :(Garfield360UK
the only reason i warlords is because it was resently uploaded on gametap for the gold users
Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Faller88
Member since 2006 • 7277 Posts
All this talk of Civilisation made Me pick up Civ Rev again, still AweSome on PS3, though it can become a bit repetitive, because its a bit ""dumbed down"" Compared To The PC Versions Of Regular Old Civ..
skatefreak47203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skatefreak47203
well they kind of had to since im guessing most of the people that own a ps3 dont play rts's oh btw gametap is about to add supreme comander to there vault of games ^_^ and i can't wait
Zeromus1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zeromus1337
Supreme Commander as well? They did good getting that one.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 garfield360uk
Interesting, although I am not a fan of that. It takes too long to build any units and there is too much emphesis on resources for a war rts game to me personally.
zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts
Total Annihilation and Total Annihilation Kingdoms ...oh and Supreme Commander . It's an RTS designed for robots featuring robots ... I love it !!!
Zeromus1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zeromus1337
A RTS featuring robots is pretty much full of win.
Cathad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Cathad
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Dawn of War...Starcrat second place and last but not least Warcraft
GoldFalcon25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 GoldFalcon25
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts

Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun and its expansion Firestorm. These games bring me back to the great days of RTS. Although they weren't great on a technical perspective, I simply loved playing them.

However, Company of Heroes, Sins of a Solar Empire, and countless others dot my list.

Crush_Project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#21 Crush_Project
Member since 2005 • 606 Posts

ya i gotta give wc3 credit.  Its still the worlds most popular and skill intensive rts ever made, not to mention the most unlinear rts ever created with its experiance and 'creep' system.  In korea for a time i heard its popularity was paralleled to professional sports in America.

Starcraft was pretty cool and we played that for a really long time on a lan before the internet really came to fruitition.  Once it did tho it kinda killed it for me, as once you start competeting against the top end skilled players it just becomes a total spam war with little skill required in the actual army conflicts.  The game just turned into who could pump out the most troops, and a desicion of what units you were build as opposed to how you controlled said armies.  Ive watched replay after replay of the supposed 'best' sc players, and they have little to no army control skill whatsoever, they just have awesome macro (city management) skills.

So i gotta say that dawn of war made it to second place favorite for me.  I had been playing 40k and warhammer in general since i was like 10, and the lore behind it is probly the best you will ever see in the world (absolute ingenius lore if you like to read books) and thats not limited to video games.  Blizzard based all its lore off the whole warhammer universe after failing to acquire the rights from Gamesworkshop.  

Regardless of the lore tho, the game had a fast paced skill intensive play style that was pretty balanced most of the way throughout its history regardless of the HUGE amount of army choices you had at your disposal.  Not to forget the artillery/tank units and terrain system the game boasts just to name a few of the games perks.  If i had to complain about the series at all it would have to of course be the gayspy servers that hosted the multiplayer where old school blizz had the worlds best battlenet servers. The game also kinda dumbed down the rts experiance compared to wc3 as you had whole squads to control as opposed to singular units (which i liked having more control over my armies).

Its just too bad blizzard sold out years ago, and its just a name now owned by vivendi last time i checked (but i think the company has changed hands a few more times since then).   Almost all the old staff is gone and the new staff is just exploiting the loyalty of the old blizzards fanbase who have no idea whats going on with the company (not trying to offend anyone here in any way).

More_Dakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#22 More_Dakka
Member since 2007 • 1625 Posts

My favorite would have to be World in Conflict- by far. It's incredibly hectic and enjoyable to play- especially online. That, and playing as the air class is an absolute joy. :D

My second favorite would be a much tougher choice however between Starcraft and Warcraft 3... I would ultimately have to give a very slight edge to Warcraft 3 over Starcraft, if only because of it's world editor.

Hmm, maybe I should get my World in Conflict disc back out now that I've thought about it... I actually haven't played it in a while... :P

thore33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 thore33
Member since 2003 • 208 Posts

My favorite is probably Warcraft 3 for the numerous reasons people have stated before me. However, I would also say that i really enjoyed the concepts around the Company of Heroes games. I liked the reality of them, with the positioning and finding cover, etc. And it sort of incoporated the Rise Of Nations concept of territory control, which i LOVED from that game.

Crush_Project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#24 Crush_Project
Member since 2005 • 606 Posts

world in confilct eh? i heard that one was pretty sweet, i should try that one out.

pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pai-may
Member since 2008 • 4101 Posts
I'd have to say Total War (original medieval setting) if it counts as an RTS with it having a year calendar element.
pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pai-may
Member since 2008 • 4101 Posts
Or, Revenant Wings on the DS, bloody tough game in parts.
bobthesponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 bobthesponge
Member since 2006 • 173 Posts

Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun and its expansion Firestorm. These games bring me back to the great days of RTS. Although they weren't great on a technical perspective, I simply loved playing them.

However, Company of Heroes, Sins of a Solar Empire, and countless others dot my list.

GoldFalcon25
Dude "Tiberian Sun" ....i'm almost crying , this was my first game on PC ! Like a little kid i couldn't sleep at nights knowing that i have Tiberian Sun and i was playing from 4am to 7am to go to school ! GoldFalcon i salute you ....;)
nealsdaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#28 nealsdaman
Member since 2008 • 127 Posts
Starcraft is my favorite(but it doesn't work on my computer anymore :( it sucks) but dawn of war is a close second.