Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Faller88
Member since 2006 • 7277 Posts

Commandos is a real-time tactics game. Events take place in Europe during World War II. Created by developer Pyro Studios S.L., the game had a squad RTS style gameplay entill it became a Pretty Average FPS for one installement on Last Gen's consoles.

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines

rikhan_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#2 rikhan_z
Member since 2005 • 3410 Posts

lolz you could of added more... it takes place in North Africa and the first game had 20 missions as well and came with a stand alone mission pack with 8 missions.

Commandos 2 re created the graphics and allowed you to rotate the camera and enter buildings. It also included Bonus missions.

Commandos 3 was average and I seriously don't know what happened to the Strike Force games.

Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Faller88
Member since 2006 • 7277 Posts
Its strange, couldnt find any links besides the Behind Enemy Lines One.AnyWay, Great Franchise, a remake in the same style as the Originals would be Great....Or perhaps a Nintendo DS Version!!!!!!!
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
They were really hard games from what I remember, if you were found that was it, mission over basically. I had number 2 on PS2 and its really hard without a mouse to do acturate controls.
rikhan_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rikhan_z

At the time, developers were trying to do PC RTS games on consoles... it seems that only Nintendo is able to do Pikman... however games like Age of Empires 2 and Commandos 2 always had problems and features which the PC has.

I got into Commandos series with the Demo of Behind Enemy Lines... which i really enjoyed, it was challenging which why I really enjoyed the game... I lost interested after Commandos 3, the games went down when the expectations went up.

rikhan_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rikhan_z

Its strange, couldnt find any links besides the Behind Enemy Lines One.AnyWay, Great Franchise, a remake in the same style as the Originals would be Great....Or perhaps a Nintendo DS Version!!!!!!!Faller88

lol the graphics change will be alittle and would look great on the handheld... I would love to see that

rikhan_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rikhan_z

I also want to add that I remember printing out the Green Beret guy and stick the picture on one of my excrise books in high school, everyone want hyped up about it when they saw it.

NOTE: my 3rd post in the row on this thread, early note that his thread is DEAD! Thank alot Commandos Strike force... the whole series is lame and DEAD!

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Lol, its not over till its over.

I liked the games, it went 3D in number 3 I believe but then it turned into a third person shooter didnt it?

rikhan_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rikhan_z

Yea, it's did sound interesting, however it does feel wierd that RTS games fail when turned into First Person Shooters.

Warcraft did well when it tried out the MMORPG thing, running around in 3D.

EA were trying it with C&C, however they got cancelled.. it must be difficult developing a game like that.

Cathad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Cathad
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Great series ....nice games...all the Commadons...thow I hate the latest one...the FPS...Commandos Strike Force....but I like the idea and the spy is great for playing....but..stiil they should have stayed at tbs/tactics
rikhan_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rikhan_z
It's beyond anyone's guess why they created a FPS version of it.