Sentinelrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Sentinelrv
Member since 2002 • 23386 Posts

Just today I found out that fastesttruck found a workaround for the union telegram system. If your union is smaller, you may not have this problem, but when larger unions send out telegrams, the messaging gets cut off at around member 2,130, at least for my union. I've tested it and it has cut off around that number the last six times I've tried it. Once it cuts off a "500 Internal Server Error" message pops up. Here is a quote of me describing the workaround to the members of my union.

GameSpot implemented a feature where if you post about another member in a blog comment, you can let them know by typing @ and then the user name of the person. For example, if I went into my blog and typed @Sentinelrv in the comments, I would receive an automatic message from GameSpot quoting and linking to the comment. As far as I know, it can only be used with GameSpot blogs.

So what I need to do is compile a list of all 5,025 members in alphabetical order and put @ before every user name. Then I would post any union telegrams to my blog, or at least link to the union telegram from the blog. The final step would be to copy and paste the entire 5,025 member list in the blog comments and everyone will be notified. It will probably take an entire day to compile the list. I've heard it takes about a half hour to finish posting a telegram for a union that has about 3,500 members, so maybe add 15 minutes to that. It might be a lot more work, but I think it's worth it if we're able to communicate again with all of our members. To see what I mean, post @YourUserName in one of your blog comments and you will receive an automatic message quoting and linking to the comment.Sentinelrv

You should send out a telegram notifying leaders of this method.

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts
I've actually known about this trick for quite a while, but never bothered implementing it for my own union since I rarely send telegrams. I've had my own thoughts for a inter union feature using this trick for a while but haven't had the time to go in depth with my plan. It's effective though and consistent. If you have a list like fastest does then all you have to do is post it and let GS do the telegram part for you. For fastest it does take him a while though since it's 40 comments long in his emblems unions and you can only post 2 a minute.
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
I've heard him talking about this somewhere.
bak1234567890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 bak1234567890
Member since 2007 • 73484 Posts
Wow, that is a very good idea! I might try it for a telegram in my union next week.
Giratina617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Giratina617
Member since 2009 • 4222 Posts
hehe send out a telegram on a workaround for a telegram error :P
uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 uas-2001
Member since 2005 • 18781 Posts
Sounds like a lot of effort to me :o
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts
Sounds like a lot of effort to me :ouas-2001
If you have a smaller union then it's kind of pointless since the telegram probably works fine. It can however let you (if wanted to) telegram people who aren't even a part of your union.