Do you need help with your union? Post in here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 hendrix29
Member since 2006 • 10960 Posts
This thread is meant to be used for: ~How can I get members intrested? ~How do I edit stuff in the union? ~Should I kick a member out? etc. Advertising WILL NOT be tolerated. Any more posts based on advertising a union in this thread will be deleted. Please either affiliate with the COU or post in our leaders list.
J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

hendrix29, I am wondering if maybe (once this union gets more established) if we could contact the GS moderators and get something put in Welcome Newbies that has a reference to this union, for newbies or current leaders who are looking for help establishing or maintaining a Union. It could boost this union, possibly get us officially endorsed by GS, not to mention we would just be able to give something back to good 'ol GS, by helping out union hopefuls ;)

Something to think about, maybe evolve the idea a little if you're interested.

Cheers

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts

hendrix29, I am wondering if maybe (once this union gets more established) if we could contact the GS moderators and get something put in Welcome Newbies that has a reference to this union, for newbies or current leaders who are looking for help establishing or maintaining a Union. It could boost this union, possibly get us officially endorsed by GS, not to mention we would just be able to give something back to good 'ol GS, by helping out union hopefuls ;)

Something to think about, maybe evolve the idea a little if you're interested.

Cheers

J-Man725

I like that idea.

-Masterchef-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Masterchef-
Member since 2007 • 10244 Posts
I'm pretty sure that this union can be added as a link in the forum guide in WN board if it really gets started, but it won'tget endorsed by Gamespot, only specific game titles/franchises can be endorsed (ie. Half Life series, Unreal Tournament series, Halo series)
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hendrix29

I would not like it to be a bit more exclusive though, so at least members will have to apply to get in.

yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts
I think we should have things planned out more before we start asking people to pay attention to us. If people are interested and come but don't see any structure, they will just leave and never come back.
Marksman2200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Marksman2200
Member since 2007 • 23037 Posts

I need help badly, my union is almost a month old and has only 25 members, there is no discussion in our forum, I know the name might turn people off, but I only chose it to dedicate it to the flash series of the same name. Does any one have any tips for me.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hendrix29
well, post a bunch of threads on the board just about the game, that will encourage discussion, and then try and get some members by using the union recruitment board. Also, try sending out telegrams, I did that for the first 10-15 days of my union nearly every day, and it was quite active.
Marksman2200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Marksman2200
Member since 2007 • 23037 Posts
It's not a game, it's a flash animation
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hendrix29

It's not a game, it's a flash animationMarksman2200

well, I'm not sure that's the best thing to start a union with, because no matter what you're not going to get a lot of activity because there isn't much to talk about. Unless it's a really popular and ongoing flash animation.

billjakybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#11 billjakybob
Member since 2004 • 14574 Posts
i just needactive members, like i have some but its only like 7
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hendrix29

i just needactive members, like i have some but its only like 7billjakybob

bill since I'm in your union, all we really need to do is invite some more people. There are plenty of people who love 360, so we should just invite a bunch who like 360 and we'll get a lot more members.

-Masterchef-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Masterchef-
Member since 2007 • 10244 Posts

I need help badly, my union is almost a month old and has only 25 members, there is no discussion in our forum, I know the name might turn people off, but I only chose it to dedicate it to the flash series of the same name. Does any one have any tips for me.

Marksman2200

Well, you should invite everyone on your friends list for starters. Then send a telegram to your officers telling them to get back.

well, post a bunch of threads on the board just about the game, that will encourage discussion, and then try and get some members by using the union recruitment board. Also, try sending out telegrams, I did that for the first 10-15 days of my union nearly every day, and it was quite active.hendrix29

That might be a fatal mistake, some members may leave because they're annoyed of the telegrams
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hendrix29
well, I did that every 2 to 3 days, but that was when we had lots of info for the union, and it didn't seem like people were mad at all by them.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghost_Warrior
[QUOTE="Marksman2200"]

-Masterchef-

Well, you should invite everyone on your friends list for starters. Then send a telegram to your officers telling them to get back.

well, post a bunch of threads on the board just about the game, that will encourage discussion, and then try and get some members by using the union recruitment board. Also, try sending out telegrams, I did that for the first 10-15 days of my union nearly every day, and it was quite active.hendrix29

That might be a fatal mistake, some members may leave because they're annoyed of the telegrams

Telegrams have resulted in only 1 member wanting to leave my union and he didn't want to be in any unions period. I can see where it could be problem if the members didn't like the telegrams but my members have had a problem with them or just don't care.

just4yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 just4yoshi
Member since 2003 • 5621 Posts

I could use help in two areas:

How does one go about getting union emblems? Both of mine would get the one for being the first of its kind.

Any ideas for making a horse union more active? It is going a bit slow...

just4yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 just4yoshi
Bill: One thing I would look for is to take an hour or so and search related unions and blogs. See if a list of names keep popping up. Then, send special invitations (not automatic) to each of them, as those have a greater chance of being active members.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghost_Warrior

I could use help in two areas:

How does one go about getting union emblems? Both of mine would get the one for being the first of its kind.

Any ideas for making a horse union more active? It is going a bit slow...

just4yoshi

The emblems right now are inactive just like the leveling system. Its a bug and it looks like nothing will be fixed until the union updates come out next month. So as of now don't expect to get any emblems. If the emblems stick around, which I assume they will the way to get new ones is to actract members and create an active board. As to how to make a horse union more active, talk about the triple crown and its past winners, just find things related to the union to discuss.

atomicduck331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#19 atomicduck331
Member since 2007 • 675 Posts
uhhh....my union the resident evil/zelda union has only got 54 members in like a month.also we are fairly active with our 54 members but we could be more active.any siggestions?
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hendrix29
[QUOTE="-Masterchef-"][QUOTE="Marksman2200"]

Ghost_Warrior

Telegrams have resulted in only 1 member wanting to leave my union and he didn't want to be in any unions period. I can see where it could be problem if the members didn't like the telegrams but my members have had a problem with them or just don't care.

seriously, if you even have a problem with a union's telegram, then you shouldn't be in the union.

just4yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 just4yoshi

Which is better:
Use telegrams only for important events so people pay attention to them
OR
Use them consistantly to get people to post
??

Personally, I pick the first, but that is just my preference.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hendrix29
well it depends on the union, my union often has a lot of news on the homepage, and lots of topics that I'd like people to pay attention to, so I have a telegram every 5 days.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f3a1e8420
deactivated-6016f3a1e8420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6016f3a1e8420
Member since 2005 • 112042 Posts

Which is better:
Use telegrams only for important events so people pay attention to them
OR
Use them consistantly to get people to post
??

Personally, I pick the first, but that is just my preference.

just4yoshi

THe first

ZACK860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 ZACK860
Member since 2006 • 4528 Posts

i sorta need help, my union is the anti-hackers union and i have a list there of hackers in a game so i need help with 2 things

1) does anyone know of any hackers on gamespot in games like halo. gears of war, other games online

2) is there anyway i can band people from joining my union

SGTNAPALM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 SGTNAPALM
Member since 2006 • 3661 Posts

now, my union is going downhil fast.

basicly no members are active, only 1 or two are.

i think it may be partly failing because (destroy all humans) is losing popularity.

im probably going to revamp the union. change it from the destroy all humans union to the league of explosive gams or something like that.

im going to give it more thought and im going to contact my officers.

before i do that, can i have anyideas to save it??

thanks in advance!

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghost_Warrior

i think it may be partly failing because (destroy all humans) is losing popularity.

im probably going to revamp the union. change it from the destroy all humans union to the league of explosive gams or something like that.

thanks in advance!

SGTNAPALM

It'll be very tough to save a union about a game series like that. You're going to have to hope a new Destroy All Humans! game comes out soon to regain popularity in the series and get members to come back. But for the time being I'd send out some telegrams getting members to come back and try and explore different areas of discussion that haven't been brought up before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6016f3a1e8420

thanks in advance!

SGTNAPALM

Yea, DAH is losing pop. Unless DOA 3 comes

just4yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 just4yoshi

i sorta need help, my union is the anti-hackers union and i have a list there of hackers in a game so i need help with 2 things

1) does anyone know of any hackers on gamespot in games like halo. gears of war, other games online

ZACK860

1. I don't know of any.

2. Yes. Go to the Admin tab and then to permissions. You can set membership to have to be reviewed or by invite only. Personally, the only other one I like is the review one, but the leader must be able to check regularly to let good ones in.

just4yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 just4yoshi

thanks in advance!

SGTNAPALM

Are you willing to take the time needed to turn the union around? If so, I have a long list of ideas. Also, consider opening it up to other related series... BTW, recruits can also have ideas (for when contacting); in fact, it makes a good officership challenge.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hendrix29
It's hard to get back members to post, but I suggest you invite a lot more, and send out telegrams to officers and recruits to hopefully make them active.
kirby40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kirby40
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts
I may be cutting off but, I run the union Super Smash Bros. Evolution Union and I'm in need of people, but none of them respond. I did indeed advertised my union but there are no responses at the most.
just4yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 just4yoshi

Two immediate suggestions:

1. Put a link to it in your signature. I did not enjoy having to go through several pages to find the union.

2. Your union seems to be completely off-topic. As I recall, there is no SSB for the DS, and the sports game, etc. have nothing to do with SSB. I expected to see topics discussing players' moves, new characters, balancing characters (such as if Sonic was added), ideas for the game's graphics and playable characters (they are all over online), etc. Needless to say, that was not what I found. You need to do some mopping before advertising.

I will say though that I like your graphics.

ZACK860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 ZACK860
Member since 2006 • 4528 Posts
[QUOTE="ZACK860"]

just4yoshi

Yes. Go to the Admin tab and then to permissions. You can set membership to have to be reviewed or by invite only. Personally, the only other one I like is the review one, but the leader must be able to check regularly to let good ones in.

no thanks i dont wanna do that, but thanks for being the only one to acknowledge my presences
just4yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 just4yoshi

Also, try asking a moderator. They may be able to do something about it. In fact, I think disrupting unions is against the rules, so they could easily get suspended or banned. Either way it would solve your problem. Actually, I will have to remember that one if I come up against someone like that on my union.

BTW, I simply enjoy answering questions. That is why I sometimes can revive unions, etc.: I ask a lot of questions and answer a lot of others' questions. :)

SGTNAPALM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SGTNAPALM
[QUOTE="SGTNAPALM"]

thanks in advance!

just4yoshi

Are you willing to take the time needed to turn the union around? If so, I have a long list of ideas. Also, consider opening it up to other related series... BTW, recruits can also have ideas (for when contacting); in fact, it makes a good officership challenge.

thank you, im willing, and if you want, you can join, and you can help me and other officers get back on track.

thank you everyone, but because you asked, dah3 has been anounced, and all of the 3 people who post are very excited.

but, as i said, im probably going to revamp the union.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6016f3a1e8420
[QUOTE="just4yoshi"][QUOTE="SGTNAPALM"]

thanks in advance!

SGTNAPALM

thank you, im willing, and if you want, you can join, and you can help me and other officers get back on track.

thank you everyone, but because you asked, dah3 has been anounced, and all of the 3 people who post are very excited.

but, as i said, im probably going to revamp the union.

dah3?

alx222000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 alx222000
Member since 2005 • 6180 Posts

dah3?

UltraZero
Destroy All Humans.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6016f3a1e8420
[QUOTE="UltraZero"]

dah3?

alx222000

Destroy All Humans.

IT'S ANNOUNCED!

Thnx for the news SGTNAPALM.

SGTNAPALM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SGTNAPALM
nothing said. actualy, thank my ever alert team of officers. i mean the ones that post.
just4yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 just4yoshi

SGTNAPALM: Here are a few steps I like to do for union revivals:

1. Create a lot of new topics/revive old ones with new ideas. Don't spam. Take the time to think of good threads. 2-3 great ones is better than 5-6 bad ones.

2. Send out a telegram to all members letting them know about the revival and ask them to come back and post (be sure to specifically mention those who have been helping to show you notice good members).

3. Consider doing some promotions/demotions based off of new activity.

4. Post messages everywhere, especially one's blog and the Gamespot Union Recruitment Forum.

5. Keep creating new topics (a game or two can help, but try to be creative).

Let me know if you want more or just start with that... BTW, there is a step 0:

0. If you don't have good graphics (or any), ask a graphics artist to give you a trio (avatar, userbars, banner). Along the same lines, be sure to have a clean and active home page; lots of people may visit the home page and make a decision about the union without going any further.

SGTNAPALM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SGTNAPALM

i think im going to use that as a guide book for my revamp. im prety sure about that.

it's going to take some work though, but it can be done.

thank you. also, i madet that destroy all humans unionleader bar there. so i can take care of new icons and banners.

those wernt my work.

thanks evryone!

Jono0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42 Jono0
Member since 2005 • 312 Posts
Hmm, i need help with my union.
1. Its been 45 Days and we still dont have an emblem! why?
2. I really want people to post, especially officers! what to do?
thank you so much for your help!
Teh_Jakester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Teh_Jakester
Member since 2006 • 12436 Posts
1. Its been 45 Days and we still dont have an emblem! why?Jono0
Right now the emblems are glitched, so you can't get any.
just4yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 just4yoshi
Jono: What topics do you currently have? (please not specifics, just take a look at them. Are they actually related to your union? I have not checked it out so I cannot say for certain what you need.) If you are willing to put time/energy into making your union better, let me know and I will travel there and see what ideas I can come up with (also check out my previous posts in this thread).
theeman2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 theeman2000
Member since 2005 • 3742 Posts
how do unions get pictures or buttons on the top of their homepage. I have some buttons to put on, i just dont know how.
just4yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 just4yoshi
Someone at TGDU knows it, but I forget who. Check through the topics (I think it is the off/on topic one about 1-2 weeks ago).
DFan17902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DFan17902
Member since 2006 • 5427 Posts
My union needs more members... active members!
jesseandnikki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#48 jesseandnikki
Member since 2004 • 4834 Posts

Yeah, my union has 760+ members but only about 5 of them post...if that. Used to it was overly active but something happened.

If anyone has had this problem and has found a cure please help, lmao.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hendrix29

Yeah, my union has 760+ members but only about 5 of them post...if that. Used to it was overly active but something happened.

If anyone has had this problem and has found a cure please help, lmao.

jesseandnikki

well it seems your union is going through a drought probably because there isn't too much info on the games coming out for it, try doing some features, and wishlist threads to bring up activity.

just4yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 just4yoshi

The winning strategy I have found is the triple: new threads, new recruits, a new union telegram sent out.