semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

So I'm kinda bored, and I'm wondering, what if we tried to make our very own fan game?

I'm sure we've got some talent around here. Myself and someone else could produce a storyline, I'm sure we've got an artist that could create some basic character designs, maybe we've got some spriters as well. The least it would do is help hold us over during the OoE/CVJ wait. Anyone willing to give it a shot?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GreggD
Member since 2004 • 6710 Posts
I'm tellin' you. My idea for a ginormous CV game was my best one ever. Story, premise, all of it. If you want me to retell it, I'll do so. Only if I'm prompted, though. It's long-winded.
HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 HushRong
Member since 2008 • 13183 Posts

that'd be kinda cool...i could help draw...an as for a story, i could offer up mine

its set in a part of the timeline that hasnt been used an uses new, unique characters...except death an a few enemies. check it out an you could supe it up if you have the time

...but i hope chang doesnt read this an realise that i have not added my latest installment to my fanfiction...

OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 OmegaAce1313
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts
I love the idea...and would love to create some music ..... maybe... all I need is a program to make 8-bit-ish music and some time. b:Dd
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 semianonymous

Alright, heres what I suggest, for the sake of organization. List off what you would be willing/able to do, simple as that.

As for me

Story Development

Script wrighter (kinda the same thing, but eh)

P.R. and advertisment

I suppose I could do more, but those are what I would be willing and able to do at this point.

OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OmegaAce1313
Umm.... hmm....

Story development

Music writer/ composer

It may not be much... but I am totally here to help. Perhaps I can give you ideas for bosses :D
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 semianonymous

Umm.... hmm....

Story development

Music writer/ composer

It may not be much... but I am totally here to help. Perhaps I can give you ideas for bosses :DOmegaAce1313

Cool, we could use some original compositions for the sake of originality. Honestly, all we need is someone who knows how to use one of those blasted programs like gamefactory or something, and a spriter, and we could begin. Of course, I wouldn't want it to be such a small team. Should we end up doing this, I'd want as many people as possible involved, that would be great.

HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HushRong

Story

Drawing

Design Ideas

OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OmegaAce1313
Sounds good... but if you want any music at all, I need some kind of stage layout, sometimes visuals make the song happen. For example, mountainous areas can bring out triumphant and upbeat music, as opposed to a scary web covered area having mysterious, spooky music. :P Oh, and I already have a great boss idea, however, I will save it for when this game somewhat picks up :D
ShaunyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ShaunyP
Member since 2007 • 5803 Posts
all i could really do is offer ideas to make it cooler, but that's about it.
ZeroWingEvil91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 ZeroWingEvil91
Member since 2005 • 740 Posts
I could help with story development, I guess.
alucard1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 alucard1137
Member since 2006 • 2916 Posts

all i could really do is offer ideas to make it cooler, but that's about it.ShaunyP

same here

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 GreggD
Member since 2004 • 6710 Posts

Alright, I'm going to post the general story I came up with. Take from it what you like, if at all.

The Belmont clan fails to destroy Dracula, and his reign of terror plagues the Romanian countryside. There are several vampires that need to be defeated in order to get to Dracula, for whatever reason. A group of individuals band together(including, but not limited to a Belmont, a Belnades, a Danasty, of course, and someone else). There would be stages based on various Romanian villages, each with their own shops and whatnot. Of course, the shops would be inside fortified areas, where remaining villagers would be kept safe.

Anyway, that's the general gist of what I came up with. Granted, I came up with these ideas before OoE was announced, so all of the similarities that may exist are purely coincidental.

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 semianonymous

Alright, I'm going to post the general story I came up with. Take from it what you like, if at all.

The Belmont clan fails to destroy Dracula, and his reign of terror plagues the Romanian countryside. There are several vampires that need to be defeated in order to get to Dracula, for whatever reason. A group of individuals band together(including, but not limited to a Belmont, a Belnades, a Danasty, of course, and someone else). There would be stages based on various Romanian villages, each with their own shops and whatnot. Of course, the shops would be inside fortified areas, where remaining villagers would be kept safe.

Anyway, that's the general gist of what I came up with. Granted, I came up with these ideas before OoE was announced, so all of the similarities that may exist are purely coincidental.

GreggD

I may use parts of it, I like the Belmont failing idea. I dunno if the people will work, depends on the program we use.

Avatar image for DynamicJumpIuff
DynamicJumpIuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15 DynamicJumpIuff
Member since 2007 • 3025 Posts
I'll be in charge of the art design because I can make stuff like this: ------▒▒▒▒▒ ----▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ -----▓▓▓░░▓░ ---▓░▓░░░▓░░░ ---▓░▓▓░░░▓░░░ ---▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓ ------░░░░░░░░ ----▓▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓ --▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓ ░░▓▒░▒▒▒░▒▓░░ ░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░ ░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░ ----▒▒▒-------▒▒▒ --▓▓▓----------▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓----------▓▓▓ IT'S MARIO!
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 semianonymous

I'll be in charge of the art design because I can make stuff like this: ------▒▒▒▒▒ ----▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ -----▓▓▓░░▓░ ---▓░▓░░░▓░░░ ---▓░▓▓░░░▓░░░ ---▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓ ------░░░░░░░░ ----▓▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓ --▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓ ░░▓▒░▒▒▒░▒▓░░ ░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░ ░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░ ----▒▒▒-------▒▒▒ --▓▓▓----------▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓----------▓▓▓ IT'S MARIO!DynamicJumpIuff

Would being able to make mario mean that you can create sprites?

MENTAL NOTE: NEVER QUOTE MARIO

xemnas_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 xemnas_is_god
Member since 2008 • 1204 Posts
i wanna help, but honestly, i think that after the last disaster of trying to write a fanfic, i should stick to what i know best. like kingdom hearts and WoW.
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 semianonymous
Well, I would want everyones input on this, at minimum. I wouldn't want it to just be the people making it that come up with all the ideas.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Icemael
Member since 2008 • 4602 Posts

I could draw, if I had a scanner, that is.

HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HushRong

Icemael

you still can Ice, just draw your pic, take a good picture of it with a Digital Camera, and upload it into your comp an put it on photobucket or something...thats what i do when there isnt a scanner around

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 semianonymous

So basically, so far, we have

Story development: Me, Hush, Zero

Music: Omega

Art: DJ, Icemael

I'd rather have one person = one section, but I suppose if need be, it could be pushed around. Also, I'd want someone to work with Omega, so we could have some nice variation. If anyone else could compose some nice tunes, go ahead and sign up.

However, most obviously, we need someone to actually code the whole thing into a game. Sure, its nice to have music, sprites, pictures, and a brilliant story, but if none of us can actually put it all together into a game, we're stuck. Now, if anyone has any knowledge of Coding or game development, or anything of the sorts, please post it here, with out it, this can't really get started.

HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HushRong

Too bad we cant find people like those who turned that Goldeneye Rogue Agent into a Halo game...

i would like to turn this into a game as it seems very fun and interesting. its great that you came up with idea Semi, it can bring members to come together an work(among the other crazy things we do), it is like CV goodness made by Fans for Fans.

if we cant find a coder in the near future...we can at least make an Epic Fanfic.

for story, i like the Idea of Belmonts failing...it has an Epic and Dark feel to it. like since the Belmonts failed, the countryside runs rampant with the undead of Dracula...our Hero comes in fighting off the minions, making his way to the castle etc...

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 semianonymous

I actually wrote a basic scenario complete with NPC interaction, Belmont's failing to defeat Dracula and multiple characters, I'll post it later.

It would probably serve us well to at least get some basic drawings and start working on a real storyline, so at minimum, we can have everything ready when we find a coder.

OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OmegaAce1313
Yeah, I still need to know what kind of look this game is going to have...

Are we talking 8-bit here? Cuz that would be awesome :P

It would be much easier to make the music too!

All I need is some kind of Music program to work with... fruity loops is giving me problems... :?
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 semianonymous
Question: Do you have any samples you could send me? Whatever you send me prolly wouldn't make the final cut (although you never know), but I'd just want to know the sort of stuff you do, and then decide if I'd want to just have you doing the music or try to find some additional talent.
OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OmegaAce1313
I cannot have music without visuals dude.... thats like making a painting without a brush :(

Sorry... that sounded kinda rude.

Nah, I don't have anything yet.

I am still seeking a decent program to make the music.
ShaunyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ShaunyP
i just thought of something, what if we had a prologue like SotN where you play as a belmont and fight Dracula, but he uses some special move when you hurt him enough or where you just lose?
Avatar image for DynamicJumpIuff
DynamicJumpIuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#28 DynamicJumpIuff
Member since 2007 • 3025 Posts
I think that I wouldn't be able to contribute to this game in any way, shape, or form. Also, how well would F-Zero music fit into Castlevania? I always thought the series needed more orgasmic guitar solos.
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 semianonymous

i just thought of something, what if we had a prologue like SotN where you play as a belmont and fight Dracula, but he uses some special move when you hurt him enough or where you just lose?ShaunyP

Hmm...I'm not sure how well that would work, but I'll keep the idea. I do want this game to have its own, unique feel, and although it is CV, I don't want it to copy things from the rest of the series

@Omega

Thats fine, hopefully some of our art people can make something soon

@The art people

Do you think you could just make some basic drawings of a Belmont? Just be creative with it, because I don't quite know how I want the character to look. I know its not the best instructions but...

ZeroWingEvil91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 ZeroWingEvil91
Member since 2005 • 740 Posts

I've had a story in mind for a while now, in which Actrise and Camilla act as the primary antagonists, attempting to revive Dracula. The hero chases them across the world, beginning in New York, and ending in the newly risen Castlevania. Once there the hero fights both at once only to have them escape to the Castle Keep where they successfully revive the count. Unfortunately it's too early for in the cycle and Dracula steps forth from his coffin, insane and zombie-like, with tattered robes and rotten flesh. His face is actually a mask of human flesh sewn together, unmoving and barely concealing his true, demonic form. In his madness he kills Camilla and Actrise, and consumes them, growing stronger. Afterward the player must reach the center of the castle where they'll face off against the count in an epic battle that ends in the depths of hell.

Unfortunately that's all I've got on the subject.

xemnas_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xemnas_is_god
@Omega: the MTV music maker is what i used once... its rather time consuming but the outcome is superb. in my opinion.
ShaunyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ShaunyP

@semi, just thought it'd be a good way to show the current situation, but it could be shown halfway through the game when one of the characters asks the belmont what happened.

@zero, that sounds pretty cool.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 Icemael
Member since 2008 • 4602 Posts
[QUOTE="Icemael"]

HushRong

you still can Ice, just draw your pic, take a good picture of it with a Digital Camera, and upload it into your comp an put it on photobucket or something...thats what i do when there isnt a scanner around

Thing is, I don't have a digital camera either. I'll see if I can borrow one tho

xemnas_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xemnas_is_god
semi ive been trying to find a coder where i work that could help us. the only person i could find is not a coder, but he used to run a server.... sooo.... he can give me some illegal.... nevermind. but ill keep looking.
OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 OmegaAce1313
@ Xenmas: You can put the music you make into computers on MTV music maker? :o