deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

1st.. i want to thx Weltall for putting this at teh 1st place... E3 07: Hirai: 60GB PS3 'no longer in production'

also thx to kotaku for this clip about it

i know is OT, but i think it deserves a poll to see the reaction of the game community.. of course i went to the article and comment (no that this would make any difference). The gamers are dissapointed, mad or on shock. We do admit, hell of a stratigy to sell the PS3 60Gb model, but man... %%$##@#$###@$

For me.. i won`t be able to buy one, until pry next year. And for sure not before fall when i`ll be going to the States. So thx Sony, you just avoid me teh thinking between Xbox elite and ps3... I`m getting an Elite now... Pretty much the games i wanted for ps3 (RE5 and SH5...) are comming for xbox, and they have a LOT more games... so.. bye bye sony.. Hope u make money with this strategy, but it won`t be from my pocket... well unless thing don`t go that good for you and by winter they are still some 60GB at teh market of NY or chicago or new haven, CT... :lol:

weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts

I've been a huge Sony fan for about 10 years, but the PS3 has not impressed me at all. They have done just about everything wrong with this console. No rumble, having to buy an adaptor to convert your old save files, not including HDMI or component cables, their motion sensing that was supposedly a feature before the Wiimote was unveiled, that stupid "text message" username entry, and a severe lack of good exclusives, I could go on and on.

I think I'll be getting a 360 this year. 8)

loic54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 loic54
Member since 2005 • 6439 Posts

Actually I adquired a PS3 a couple of days ago, for 475. I love the system, I'm already using it to 120%, which i mostly do with my stuff. I think that Sony is not aiming to general public with the PS3, they want the gamers that have big adquisitive power to own the console. Right now I see the exclusive games of Sony way superior to the ones of Microsoft.

Sony should release a economic version of the PS3 in order to get a more maintream audience, well that's my 2 cents.

kappareign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kappareign
Member since 2007 • 2413 Posts

hmm, they didnt talk about THIS at their sony conference. i think its kind of shady to say yep we're cutting the price, but then not mention youre going to stop making the product...

i guess its a great deal if youve been wanting a PS3 and price was your only concern. personally, i would be more worried about its current game selection

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GreggD
Member since 2004 • 6710 Posts

Actually I adquired a PS3 a couple of days ago, for 475. I love the system, I'm already using it to 120%, which i mostly do with my stuff. I think that Sony is not aiming to general public with the PS3, they want the gamers that have big adquisitive power to own the console. Right now I see the exclusive games of Sony way superior to the ones of Microsoft.

Sony should release a economic version of the PS3 in order to get a more maintream audience, well that's my 2 cents.

loic54
I'm a PC gamer, and I really don't like my consoles getting too close to the price of such a hobby. I mean, I'd love to be able to choose one or the other, but I can't. So I HAVE to pass on Sony this generation. Oh, and as for exclusives, explain Gundam Crossfire PLEASE. I'm not a biased fanboy, but I can't stand cocky arrogent companies. That's why I hate Apple and all things Mac.
potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts

Reaction: wtf?

They stopped producing the 20gb model because they wanted to surpass MS yet didn't want to do a price drop. Last week they announce a price drop for the 60gb model, and everyone was physched, now they stop producing the 60gb to force people into buying the 80gb model. It sounds to me like they want to surpass the Elite because of the Elite's price drop. You will soon see that Sony releases another PS3 with a higher memory storage :P

alucard1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 alucard1137
Member since 2006 • 2916 Posts
i think this whole thing is stupid all that money for what extra memory storage it ridiculous
ZeroWingEvil91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 ZeroWingEvil91
Member since 2005 • 740 Posts
.....%^$# Sony. %^&* them right up the @$$. I've decided to get an X-Box 360, and I hate X-Box! But at least it's actually getting games I want to play(Blue Dragon) and won't completely screw me over(red ring of death, perhaps, but at least I can get it replaced if that happens). I liked the Playstation and completely loved the PS2, but now I could just care less.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

hmm, they didnt talk about THIS at their sony conference. i think its kind of shady to say yep we're cutting the price, but then not mention youre going to stop making the product...

i guess its a great deal if youve been wanting a PS3 and price was your only concern. personally, i would be more worried about its current game selection

kappareign

could not agree more with your post..... HELLOW.. if you are going to give a new, do it!!! don`t pretend you are..... :evil:

Potter: yeap..... is just a lil trick to :get us into" buying the biggest PS3, without even notice that they do not actually drop the price .....

Zero: i`m with you...(exc for hating xbox, i ahve never had an expirence with it and the agme looks pretty cool - mature most of them-) The only thing worrying me about getting the elite, is all this hardware issue they are having, if i lived in the states, it would get repair for free. But for me to get it repair/change from my country would be $$$$$, unless it does the "issue" while i`m still at the states :P

danieloc92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 danieloc92
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts

Sony really need to stop messing up. They should keep producing 60gb models and also keep the price drop for it, this would be great for Sony, but they are blind to this fact.

Bad decisions like this is what will destroy the PS3 in this generation.

damnedangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 damnedangel
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts
an only simple reaction from me... "¬_¬".....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

agree guys....

and what do you guys thing... could we actually expect another price drop any time soon??

res0i39c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 res0i39c
Member since 2007 • 2007 Posts
I don't care. Im not getting one anytime soon. Im going to wait till thinkgsgiving time. I might have the money then. And plus, i'll get another %10 off the system at the time. Thats on top of the %10 i get now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

why do u get 10% off?? :shock: And is tis for the 60Gb or the new 80Gb... i don`t think they would be much ps3 60GB model around by Thankgiving... :?

hirigo7654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hirigo7654
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i want a ps3 and a computer so i decided to wait a couple of years till they change the ps3 to make it better and at least they'll prob have some good exclusive titles out for it by then and get a computer now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

sooooo agree with you..

for me now a xbox (holiday Xmas hopefully....) and couple of year if ever ps3 .... the only reason i REALLY had was RE5 ... and is on 360 so :P and c`mon Jericho is looking GOOD as well as others for Xbox 360 :D

res0i39c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 res0i39c
Member since 2007 • 2007 Posts

why do u get 10% off?? :shock: And is tis for the 60Gb or the new 80Gb... i don`t think they would be much ps3 60GB model around by Thankgiving... :?

chang_1910

I work at wal-mart. yes wallyword.

KaosDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 KaosDemon
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts

Being a big sony fan I have yet to buy that console of there's,its still to high costly for me,let along with the game prices.I dont think I'll be buying one now,But once when devil may cry 4 come out I'll definatly buy it then.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GreggD
Member since 2004 • 6710 Posts

Being a big sony fan I have yet to buy that console of there's,its still to high costly for me,let along with the game prices.I dont think I'll be buying one now,But once when devil may cry 4 come out I'll definatly buy it then.

KaosDemon
DMC4 is coming to the 360, as well.