a Time machine into CV series... what do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

sorry, I HAD to do a thread for a poll... this is just to crazy... and was curious to see how many of you agree with me...

details of the updates but in short, apparety the 1st DLC is going to bring a time machine to us....

if this is true.... what do you think is Cox and Konami going way to far from the serie to even being call Castlevania...

PLease leave your comments...

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

I think Cox is trying to one up IGA by including a plot element IGA used before but making it work "right", in accordance to his crazy cox logic. 

Time travel as a plot element is bad for the series, though. Its stupid and shouldn't be used. Bosses who can mess with time are fine because none of them are critical plot elements. 

ShaunyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 ShaunyP
Member since 2007 • 5803 Posts
It sounds to me like they're trying to create a What-if scenario. I have to say that we are justified in wondering why they need to make the what-if possibly canon rather than leave it as a simple what-if.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

and thus began the destruction of the Castlevania reboot as we know it.

No seriously what the hell?

Poltergeist86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Poltergeist86
Member since 2003 • 1888 Posts
I think CVJ is a GOOD example of why time travelling is a bad idea in the series :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-5992048d2d5ba
deactivated-5992048d2d5ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 deactivated-5992048d2d5ba
Member since 2005 • 5165 Posts

No No No No No No lol

I still haven't played LoS so I haven't read any info about it, but for a time machine to be part of the canon I'd have to give a big hell no.

jerkofwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 jerkofwonder
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
How about a No big deal, this is the 3rd time we've seen time travel in the series option? Or would that be too balanced? I mean seriously, Curse of Darkness, Judgment, and now Lords of Shadow. I've never found time travel as too clashing with Castlevania, I mean time manipulation has been pat of the sereis since day 1, with the stop watch. I'm sure the time machine will be some kind of steampunk alchemy, it won't be a Delorean.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 archvile_78

How about a No big deal, this is the 3rd time we've seen time travel in the series option? Or would that be too balanced? I mean seriously, Curse of Darkness, Judgment, and now Lords of Shadow. I've never found time travel as too clashing with Castlevania, I mean time manipulation has been pat of the sereis since day 1, with the stop watch. I'm sure the time machine will be some kind of steampunk alchemy, it won't be a Delorean.jerkofwonder

Curse of Darkness, the time traveling was done by an omnipotent being from the future or whenever called St-Germain, thing is he's a support character and since the first time you meet him its established that he's got this power plus its never used as a central plot point with Hector, its not like at the end he arrived and was all "LOLZ HECTOR I HAZ TIME MACHINE NAO"

Using a time machine in LoS is as dumb as the motorcycle riding skeleton in Castlevania 64. It would've been far better if the time travel would've been done, once more, by a supernatural being.

jerkofwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jerkofwonder
I highly doubt St. Germain was meant to be omnipotent. And it is still obviuosly magic based, so you really have no argument. As I said it's not a Delorean. Time travel by magical means is perfectly acceptable IMO.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 archvile_78

I highly doubt St. Germain was meant to be omnipotent. And it is still obviuosly magic based, so you really have no argument. As I said it's not a Delorean. Time travel by magical means is perfectly acceptable IMO.jerkofwonder

and IMO its not, we good? Perfect!

Now after this, the second DLC is suppose to happen after the ending...im pessimistic about that. :x oh well ill still get both DLC and see.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

@plumma: you remind me of my lil cousin when he DO NOT want something... that was :lol: ... and agree

@jerkofwonder: like arch said, CoD had one character that came to  "play" with you. And lets face it the fact that he could travel and have a time machine did not affected the game at all, had no much to do with the plot, if anything. More important if we are "reborning" the series, why going into the same stuff that we considering so silly/mistake. After all, CoD (as much as I love hector and the ID system) was not exactly a good sample of  a good CV.

Judgment, is a non-canon game even admitted by IGA, and it ahd a time machine, bc it was the only way to explain how all those characters co-existed. It was a way to make a table of character to play with in a CV fighting game.. and as many of the gerne (no that I know much about it, there is a reason why CVJ is the only Cv game I have not being able to complete) the story is a side thing, and main goal of the game, is that you can seat and play it any time in matches (though in CV, did not work as well, due to imbalance)

LoS has a nice story, even thus THAT was the final boss, and with that end (and after the epilogue) has the potential to actually create a whole new universe to introduce belmonts (or whoever may be the lastname Cox wants to use), dracula and so on... but a time machine, sci-fi in a vampire/gothic game DO NOT, SHOULD NOT have room.

Like SEMI said Cox is trying to do some thing that iga did, but doing it "right". 

That said, this is imho.... who knows, I may even like it, but so far I`m crawling in acorner in fear... and..

@Arch and jerkofwonder (i love your nick dude): don`t get trap in the heat of the discussion... everyone is entitle to an opinion. jerkofwonder, do not earn that nick in a bad way, arch has an argument, we are talking about a time machine, we dont know if is magic and nothing much; and it is being made, so far, a main part of teh plot and overall he has a RIGHT to an opinion and any argument he/she wants. Arch responding in a bad matter is as bad as starting it.

BELOW this point honor the friendly enviroment of the union. One that we have kept for almost 5years free of fanboys, disrespect and trolling. Thank you.

@arch: why r you pessimist of the second DLC (and we should pry take this to the LoS:what is next thread :P )...

Avatar image for deactivated-5992048d2d5ba
deactivated-5992048d2d5ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 deactivated-5992048d2d5ba
Member since 2005 • 5165 Posts

There's really only one valid question for this. How much energy will it take to time travel?

1.21 GIGAWATTS!?

jerkofwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jerkofwonder
Being one character, or non canon doesn't really make a difference. I mean technically Lords in non canon too. If time travel is established as possible in the Cv universe (in any of its incarnations) then time travel does not conflict with what Castlevania is. This is also a digital add on and in no way the main focus of the game, it wasn't featured in the main game at all. Time manipulation has always been seen in this series, I'd go as far as to call it a staple. Someone else already named two recent time manipulating bosses. I think this is the continuing quest to look for flaws in lords, there are plenty, the game is pretty average, but not for the reasons people on here are hating it for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

jerk, don`r go assuming w ehate the game (I even have a sig about t), I`m skeptical about this DLC, but if you read the others thread exc for maybe 1-2 person LoS has recieved a LOT of hype from us... that said.

as long as is not put as a main part of the story, the base for teh DLC... i have no problem, again like I sid one boss in a game, one character is VERY different that the main theme and a "belmont"

and this game is consider a new canon. no a non-canon.

you really cant consider CVJ as a sample for anything.... is a fighting gmae in the CV universe... 

OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OmegaAce1313
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts
I may be able to swallow the idea of a time machine if it is presented to us in a careful manner. Like it has been stated earlier, if they give it a sci-fi approach, all will go wrong, but if they were to approach it as some kind of magical machine... iunno... it just might work.

Me? I never hated the game, in fact, I was in quite the opposite stand. I enjoyed the game a lot. If they manage to pull off this time machine, I will like it even more. I am totally welcoming the idea of something new in the series. Sure, Judgment didn't go so well, but I am glad they at least approached the fighting game genre and gave it a shot; It had lots of potential. My only gripe with that game was the way they made the characters looked. I can only take so much Deathnote in my Castlevania (it was Deathnote, right?)

Belmonts in a futuristic setting? Now that is something I would like to see.

Oh and LOL @ the Back to the Future reference.
jerkofwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jerkofwonder
Judgment is a Castlevania game, it counts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Judgment is a Castlevania game, it counts.jerkofwonder

running out of arguments? 1st only saying "you all hate LoS" (read a lil before assuming anything, this is a thread regarding ONE dlc, take a look at the others thread of LoS, and then come and fill my (our) union with your nonesense) and now...

CVJ counts as a CV game, but you can not really take it as a sample of the gameplay in the CV series... or I guess that if anyone ask "which game of the serie could I try to get an idea of what it is, you would answer CVJ... all the games have their own (or try to have something particular to them) but most (or all of them) have a basic formula, which you could pry divide into old vs new school... but they fit for the most part into an adventure/platform, recently with nice RPG elements.

again, CVJ count as a part of the series, but the time machine was the ONLY waay to make a grid of characters for a fighting game... same as they would have made a racing game... or anything else with a grid.

like Omega said, a magic approach, if done right and no as the center of the game, it may have good results and continue the good work done so far... a sci-fi channel kind of thing, will ruin it for ME.

You are intitle to an opinion, and welcome to have an argument, but I`m getting sick of your actitude in my union, so change it.

enjoy gaming...

@Omega: agree with the magic vs sci-fi.. and yeap, is deathnote :P :lol: agree they KILLED grant.... and my poor simon look like a guy out of a sadism yaoi anime :lol: .. but that is a topic for another day... 

Avatar image for InfamousEnforce
InfamousEnforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 InfamousEnforce
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I do not see a time machine working in the Castlevania universe. Maybe a origin to Aeon badass clock thing but a machine as in some sci-fi crap I'd see in Star Trek........ I think Castlevania will be doom.
OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OmegaAce1313
I also thought Aeon was a super awesome character... the clock thing was so freaking cool. (My opinion of course, lets not go stabbing each other with crosses now) I may have repeated this already, but I always liked the characters that had time manipulating abilities; Zephyr, Aeon, and St. Germain (despite the fact that I forgot about him entirely). Perhaps St. Germain was going to play a bigger part in the series, had Curse of Darkness been a successful title, which would have explained why he played a minor role in the game.

Wasn't Judgment canon even in the slightest of ways? I was kind of hoping it was. Relations with certain characters intrigued me and I would be kinda bummed if even those little things were not canon. Forgive me for jumping off topic here (by a long-shot) but Hitsugaya in Bleach had a movie right? I know the movie wasn't canon, but wasn't his past canon still? I figured Judgment was something along those lines...

We might have to start citing sources in here, just for the sake of not closing discussions with the old phrase, "Because I said so."
If someone says something isn't canon, I'd like to see it for myself, u know?

Despite the fact that some of us may be sceptical about the idea, aren't any of you at least looking forward to the dlc, to see how it pans out? I certainly am.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

@omega: to my understanding, yes. CVJ is like that. the story is non-canon is just a way of putting those characters together.. but the flashbacka nd such is suppose to be part of it...

that said, our expert on the field (semi) put it as sub-canon (term use by semi, no official by any means), like HoD case, for taht same reason.. a game that is non-canon but give info for canon events on the series.

you can refers to our guide for details

regarding source, i think is on the guide, and if not let us know on the staff meeting thread and we`ll add it.

HELL yea, I`m looking forward to it, specially teh second one and WILL buy both... :P I just being sceptical, bc I don`t want them to damage what it could be the evoluion of CV into 3D/consoles. :)

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts
The only part of judgment that is canon is the fact that it give mention and detail to various events that happen. Otherwise, it literally happens outside of the timeline
OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OmegaAce1313
Holy cow, It's almost here :O

Within the next three weeks! Heck, it could even be tomorrow!