Is Castlevania your alltime favorite series?

Genuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Genuma
Member since 2006 • 3778 Posts
I don't know about me.  I love the games but I think there are better, what about you?
venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 venus577
Member since 2003 • 1555 Posts
I always have a difficult time answering this question. No one series stands out that much that I peg it as my favorite. Going by statistics, Castlevania and Final Fantasy are tied at third favorite series, owning 12 different games per series. Mega Man is at the top, with a whopping 25 different games in my collection. So, according to that, Mega Man is my favorite series.
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#3 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
[QUOTE="venus577"]I always have a difficult time answering this question. No one series stands out that much that I peg it as my favorite. Going by statistics, Castlevania and Final Fantasy are tied at third favorite series, owning 12 different games per series. Mega Man is at the top, with a whopping 25 different games in my collection. So, according to that, Mega Man is my favorite series.

Well. Its hard to compare number of games to how much you like them, since megaman has tons of games in the series.
Avatar image for qwertyuioppizza
qwertyuioppizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 qwertyuioppizza
Member since 2005 • 5300 Posts
Megaman is my favorite Series hands down. Castlevania would be a close second with Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda at 3rd and 4th. 5th would have to be Star Ocean I guess.
venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 venus577
[QUOTE="falconclan"][QUOTE="venus577"]I always have a difficult time answering this question. No one series stands out that much that I peg it as my favorite. Going by statistics, Castlevania and Final Fantasy are tied at third favorite series, owning 12 different games per series. Mega Man is at the top, with a whopping 25 different games in my collection. So, according to that, Mega Man is my favorite series.

Well. Its hard to compare number of games to how much you like them, since megaman has tons of games in the series.

Perhaps, but it does say something that I keep going back and buying new Mega Man games. I even dragged a friend after class to the mall (cause I didn't want to ride the bus alone) and forced the GameStop clerk to open the FedEx shipment they had gotten an hour prior just because I wanted Mega Man X7 on release day. And yet, even after that disapointment, I've been doing something similar for every Mega Man game I've owned since then. I suppose Mega Man really is a good choice, considering there isn't another series I do that for.
RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 RockmanSRD
Member since 2004 • 5067 Posts

I've always had the hardest time ranking my favorite games.

Castlevania might not be #1 for me, but it's definitely up toward the top.

Mega Man is one of my favorites as well.

Genuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Genuma
Many MegaMan fans here.  Those games are good; well pretty much all of them except for that MegaMan X Spinoff.
RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RockmanSRD

Many MegaMan fans here.  Those games are good; well pretty much all of them except for that MegaMan X Spinoff.Genuma

I actually like the MMX series much better than the original games.  I'm sure there aren't many MM fans that will say that, but I will.  The MMX games are awesome.  I've enjoyed every single one of them.  MMX: Command Mission is even one of my favorite RPGs.

I usually just say "Mega Man" because that encompasses a lot of great games... If I had to pick a certain part of the Mega Man series, it's definitely the Mega Man X games.

Genuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Genuma

[QUOTE="Genuma"]Many MegaMan fans here.  Those games are good; well pretty much all of them except for that MegaMan X Spinoff.RockmanSRD

I actually like the MMX series much better than the original games.  I'm sure there aren't many MM fans that will say that, but I will.  The MMX games are awesome.  I've enjoyed every single one of them.  MMX: Command Mission is even one of my favorite RPGs.

I usually just say "Mega Man" because that encompasses a lot of great games... If I had to pick a certain part of the Mega Man series, it's definitely the Mega Man X games.

My favorites are the X and Battle Networks. But I didn't really like Command Mission.
Avatar image for qwertyuioppizza
qwertyuioppizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 qwertyuioppizza
Member since 2005 • 5300 Posts
[QUOTE="RockmanSRD"]

[QUOTE="Genuma"]Many MegaMan fans here. Those games are good; well pretty much all of them except for that MegaMan X Spinoff.Genuma

I actually like the MMX series much better than the original games. I'm sure there aren't many MM fans that will say that, but I will. The MMX games are awesome. I've enjoyed every single one of them. MMX: Command Mission is even one of my favorite RPGs.

My favorites are the X and Battle Networks. But I didn't really like Command Mission.

I think the MMX series is the best series of all the Megaman games. After all it's hard not to like the 3rd game you ever owned.
Genuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Genuma
[QUOTE="Genuma"][QUOTE="RockmanSRD"]

[QUOTE="Genuma"]Many MegaMan fans here. Those games are good; well pretty much all of them except for that MegaMan X Spinoff.qwertyuioppizza

I actually like the MMX series much better than the original games. I'm sure there aren't many MM fans that will say that, but I will. The MMX games are awesome. I've enjoyed every single one of them. MMX: Command Mission is even one of my favorite RPGs.

I think the MMX series is the best series of all the Megaman games. After all it's hard not to like the 3rd game you ever owned.

Wel I enjoyed the Battle Networks but they weren't really MegaMan games so X is my favorite.
Moop25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Moop25
Member since 2004 • 370 Posts
My Top5 Videogame Series:
1.) Megaman (all)
2.) Castlevania
3.) Kirby
4.) Super Mario
5.) The Legend of Zelda
W8I8Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#13 W8I8Z
Member since 2005 • 4200 Posts

It's hard for me to say which is the best series of games because there are so many good ones... as of right noe though I would have to put Castlevania number 4 in my list of favorite series.

1 - Final Fantasy

2 - Legend of Zelda

3 - Metroid

4 - Castlevania

FredGoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FredGoon
Member since 2006 • 8508 Posts

It was the I think Metal Gear Solid is my favorite Seris but my favorite game is a Castlevania game

Geusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#15 Geusprime
Member since 2004 • 2263 Posts
I've been a Castlevania fan for a long time. However, it's really hard to say I like a series. To me that means you need to like almost all if not all games in the series in a big way. I'm a big fan of the concept of Castlevania. The themes. However, there are several games in the series which are less effective as conveying such themes. I'm a pretty fickle person so my "favorite" series changes all the time and it really depends on the genre of the game. So my best answer is:
Sometimes

Rolovis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Rolovis
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts
[QUOTE="qwertyuioppizza"][QUOTE="Genuma"][QUOTE="RockmanSRD"]

[QUOTE="Genuma"]Many MegaMan fans here. Those games are good; well pretty much all of them except for that MegaMan X Spinoff.Genuma

Wel I enjoyed the Battle Networks but they weren't really MegaMan games so X is my favorite.

wow it looks like a vortex lol. ok then...
1. Castlevania
2. Legend of Zelda
3. everything by Blizzard
4. Kirby
5. Metal Gear
i've never played a megaman game before... please dont kill me... any recommendations?
venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 venus577
A good way to get started would be with either Megaman X Collection or Megaman Anniversary Collection. You get access to a large chunk of the series in one game. Just don't get MMAC for GameCube, the control mappings are rather cumbersome.
kodacun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 kodacun
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Number 5: Zelda (althought they seem to be getting increasingly easier)

Number 4: Castlevania

Number 3: Shining Force (the original three games including 1, 2, 3 part 1, and 3 part 2)

Number 2: Final Fantasy (1 - 9 only. Yes 10, 10-2 and 12 were just bad. Well ok 12 was alright but still...)

Number 1: Suikoden (excluding the third and forth game)

RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RockmanSRD

A good way to get started would be with either Megaman X Collection or Megaman Anniversary Collection. You get access to a large chunk of the series in one game. Just don't get MMAC for GameCube, the control mappings are rather cumbersome.venus577

Those are both awesome ways to get into Mega Man.  Give them a try, the Anniversary Collection is pretty cheap now.  Of course, you could always rent them... :P

Rolovis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rolovis
wait... what system is X collection for? Noob=me:P
venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 venus577

wait... what system is X collection for? Noob=me:PRolovis

PS2 & GameCube. From what I know, there are no noticeable differences, so you should be good picking up either version.

Mega Man X Collection on GameSpot

Rolovis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rolovis
ty
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts
There are other series i like,FF,MGS for instance
weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts
Castlevania is my second favorite series, next to Xenosaga.
valestis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 valestis
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts

My favorite is Final Fantasy, but Castlevania comes right after it! EDIT: Now that I have played some more Castlevanias, I'm not sure anymore which series I like better. :O Let's just say that I like 'em both equally. ;3

YEPEE00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 4

#26 YEPEE00
Member since 2004 • 1277 Posts

it's weird castlevania has toppled final fantasy last gen. must be all the gba & DS games.

jacobs1282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 jacobs1282
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
I would have to say for the Action genre Castlevania is my favorite series with Megaman and Metal Gear coming in next, but hands down Final Fantasy is my all time favorite series in general which is kind of evident since I buy every remake they make and yes I play them to their entirety with 100% in everything. Castlevania and Final Fantasy are the only 2 series I play where I feel the uncontrollable need to have 100% files on everyone I own.
Avatar image for XxmonkeygamerxX
XxmonkeygamerxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 XxmonkeygamerxX
Member since 2007 • 153 Posts
For me im Split between Metroid,Zelda, and Castlevania for my Favorite series
DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

My top five:

1. Fallout

2. Castlevania

3. Shin Megami Tensei

4. Soul Blade/Calibur

5. Ace Combat

RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RockmanSRD

My top five:

1. Fallout

2. Castlevania

3. Shin Megami Tensei

4. Soul Blade/Calibur

5. Ace Combat

DEVILinIRON

It's nice to see SMT in there. That is an incredible series of games with many great spin-offs and incarnations.