How nice if we had a Castlevania RPG game?

kelly11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kelly11
Member since 2003 • 744 Posts

I was just wondering if Konami would ever release a RPG for the Castlevania series? Castlevania:SOTN was the closest we got to a RPG game. The game could include various people including the Belmounts,Alucard,the Moris family etc. It could explore Dracula's early reign and how he actually came into existence. There would be leveling up,lots of weapoons and armor etc..

You guys have any ideas? Or do you think a RPG Castlevania game would flop badly?

Geusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2 Geusprime
Member since 2004 • 2263 Posts
I think it's within Koji Igrashi's skills to construct such a thing. And I've had this conversation with my friends quite a few times. I actually proposed the idea of a 3-D MMORPG Castlevania game. The storyline, character classes, leveling system and other features of the RPG (not videogame) I constructed (Castlevania: Ballad of the Mirror) and ran for months would work almost too perfectly in a MMORPG format.

Although I don't plan on publishing anything from Ballad of the Mirror on here, I will if there is a demand for me to do so. I just don't feel it's currently relevant. But if you guys want me to...
kelly11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kelly11
Member since 2003 • 744 Posts
Hey why not? Any ideas or things relevant to Castlevania would be great! I think you should post more about your Ballad of the mirror! I,for one would want to know more!
Avatar image for dwellerofrhymes
dwellerofrhymes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 dwellerofrhymes
Member since 2004 • 4163 Posts
I think Castlevania should remain an action/adventure game with only minor RPG elements.
Kilik_Raizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kilik_Raizen
Member since 2005 • 73 Posts

I think it's within Koji Igrashi's skills to construct such a thing. And I've had this conversation with my friends quite a few times. I actually proposed the idea of a 3-D MMORPG Castlevania game. The storyline, character classes, leveling system and other features of the RPG (not videogame) I constructed (Castlevania: Ballad of the Mirror) and ran for months would work almost too perfectly in a MMORPG format.

Although I don't plan on publishing anything from Ballad of the Mirror on here, I will if there is a demand for me to do so. I just don't feel it's currently relevant. But if you guys want me to...
Geusprime

dude i'm interested if u can let me see something bout it. and if you need helping in the progamming let me know

Geusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Geusprime
I'll go ahead and post some information about Ballad of the Mirror on the Union page within the next week or so. Keep in mind I have a lot of material to work with and need to truncate thing so that you guys will be able to get the basic concept of it without spending 3 hours reading all the content I already have. I closed it down, but I did have an entire website dedicated just to Ballad of the Mirror. I still have all of my source code for it and multiple text files of character sheets, game master's notes (ect)
netpredakonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 netpredakonn
Member since 2005 • 82 Posts
thats really interesting
Ever_Flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ever_Flame
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts
CV RPG? That would be cool I guess...But I don't think it would be a good idea for this place. Only because some people in the Guild might not know what their doing ***This is not including mean***
Geusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Geusprime
CV RPG? That would be cool I guess...But I don't think it would be a good idea for this place. Only because some people in the Guild might not know what their doing ***This is not including mean***Ever_Flame

Not to worry. This game already happened. However it can be viewed as an extremely expansive fanfic, I suppose. Glad to see people are interested. I've been gathering more material together and I should have something ready to show before too long.
sonartech77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sonartech77
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts

I think a RPG Vania would be cool if done right. I'd be afraid that too much would go wrong with it and it'd tank.

Demios40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Demios40
Member since 2004 • 61 Posts

To see me and Geus' brainchild (Ballad of the moon) live again would be cool. While I would view any corperate attempts to make a CVRPG for a console with a wary eye, if done right (and done as a spin off series, so as not to further alter what the main series is) then that would rock everything rockable. I personally thought that the easiest avenue of excecution with such a project would be the party from 3 (all 4 of them of course, and a bit more), but again, I am wary of what may happen due to corperate thinking (if this series goes tomb raider, I would...well...use your most violent and evil parts of your imagination, and multiply that by 10).

mikeyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12 mikeyed
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts
Of course, there are already many RPG elements in the series, but I think the only way to do it right is to  make it a turn-based  RPG, like Mega Man X Command Mission, only better.
windwail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 windwail
Member since 2004 • 450 Posts
Have you thought about which Mirror you'd be using for the download? *snort* *snicker*

Seriously, go ahead and post it. It'd be interesting to see.
venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 venus577
Member since 2003 • 1555 Posts

Of course, there are already many RPG elements in the series, but I think the only way to do it right is to  make it a turn-based  RPG, like Mega Man X Command Mission, only better.
mikeyed

Command Mission was the first thing that I thought of upon seeing this thread.  And, to be fair, CoJ actually did a decent job on it.  I was expecting an immediate bargain bin game, but I got something different.  While no means a stand-out title (other than its origins), MMXCM was still a great game and a very good translation of Mega Man X into the traditional J-RPG.  So if Capcom can do it, so can Konami.  The only question that remains is if Iga is capable, which many (including myself) doubt.

rbenchley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 rbenchley
Member since 2004 • 198 Posts
I would love to see a Castlevania RPG.  If I had my way, it would be a tri-Ace style RPG with an active battle system.  I  love the battle systems in Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Radiata Stories.
frosty197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 frosty197
Member since 2005 • 111 Posts
I would love to see ur mmorpg.  And on the topic of the thread, i think its a good idea but they need to improve on their 3d games before taking step into another style.
quicksandgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 quicksandgamer
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I don't think CV would make a good MMORPG.  Nor would a turn-based strategy game work.  1) For a MMORPG, the enemy types and subject matter are a little too narrow.  However, if it encompassed the entirety of the history thus far into the one MMORPG, then maybe.  2) CV has always been a one-hero (or anti-hero) game.  A good turn-based strategy game has multiple characters per side.

Me, I'd play a pen&paper RPG of CV in a minute, and there's already enough source material from almost any PRG system out there to do so.

CV should stick closely to its action/adventure roots, although *another* 3-d CV game should really try to focus on character control and gameplay.  LoI was good, but control&gameplay licked muck.

somaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 somaslayer
Member since 2006 • 1442 Posts

I think a RPG Vania would be cool if done right. I'd be afraid that too much would go wrong with it and it'd tank.

sonartech77

Yes, a CV RPG wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Like sonartech said, just don't try to overdo it and it would be perfect. I'm eager to see what you've got!

Svarthek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Svarthek
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts
I think Castlevania is one of the few game franchise along with Metroid that follow the side scrolling (aptly named) Metroid-Vania game style. RPGs are few and far between. It would be sad to Castlevania fall into such a slump.
alucard1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 alucard1137
Member since 2006 • 2916 Posts
i lthink an mmorpg cv would be great as long as it stars the right charaictars soory about any speeling errors i wrote this in a hurry